Page 13 of 13

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:42 pm
by bceagles24
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:New Commit. Brady McElhaney from Avalon School in MD. 6'0/175lb WR with offers by tOSU and UVA in June

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9826709/5bb4d399a0223b0b7444e16e


Those were both PWOs and I’d imagine that’s what it is for BC too but I don’t know for sure. Would be an odd offer and take this early. You’d think a kid who’s a scholarship guy would have more then 18 catches for 220 yards.

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:44 pm
by eepstein0
bceagles24 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:New Commit. Brady McElhaney from Avalon School in MD. 6'0/175lb WR with offers by tOSU and UVA in June

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9826709/5bb4d399a0223b0b7444e16e


Those were both PWOs and I’d imagine that’s what it is for BC too but I don’t know for sure. Would be an odd offer and take this early. You’d think a kid who’s a scholarship guy would have more then 18 catches for 220 yards.


Since I haven’t used this in a while, this is not an ACC caliber offer.

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:33 pm
by claver2010
bceagles24 wrote: Yaseen is Sam Johnson’s teammate and BC probably leads.


weird story about yaseen

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 971668001/

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:48 pm
by BCSUPERFAN22
This is slightly OT, but Alexander Marshall from Andover who was class of 2017 and committed to FSU, has entered the transfer portal. I dont know how serious BC was out of HS but considering that he is local, may be a name to keep an eye on

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:35 pm
by HJS
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:This is slightly OT, but Alexander Marshall from Andover who was class of 2017 and committed to FSU, has entered the transfer portal. I dont know how serious BC was out of HS but considering that he is local, may be a name to keep an eye on

He’d have to sit out 2 years to transfer to BC (unless he already graduated).

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:26 am
by eepstein0
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:This is slightly OT, but Alexander Marshall from Andover who was class of 2017 and committed to FSU, has entered the transfer portal. I dont know how serious BC was out of HS but considering that he is local, may be a name to keep an eye on


Another Mass kid that didn't like it a a southern football factory? No way

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:46 pm
by plcatalano
Anyone have any ideas who’s visiting for V Tech?

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:56 pm
by flakes
USC QB (former BC target, high 4-star) is in the portal. Will be eligible immediately (in 2020) for two years.

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:15 pm
by DomingoOrtiz
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
eagle33 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:When you look at Gordinier, Mahar and Royer none of them are great blockers so that’s a part of this commitment I think.



What about Large?


He named his top 4, we're not on the list.



Daz can't be expected to get in the top 4 from a TE from the ISL.
Also, looks like the Reid move is paying dividends!


Large to Wisconsin

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:57 pm
by BC923
Lots of visitors this weekend, and a new commit apparently

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:10 pm
by plcatalano
Did anyone find out who the commit was?

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:04 pm
by MilitantEagle
MilitantEagle wrote:
flakes wrote:
HJS wrote:Over the last 7 years, BC has an average ranked recruiting class of 12 out of 14 teams.
Since joining the ACC, BC's recruiting class has never finished ranked in the top half of the conference.

Either, these recruiting rankings are garbage or BC has the unmatched ability to coach-up and develop players.


We're 2-16 against top 25 teams under Daz. I think the recruiting rankings are spot on.


In the 2019 NFL draft, the ACC had 28 players drafted for an average of 2 players per team. BC had 4 players drafted, including a first rounder. The year before, BC had 3 players drafted.

Overall, BC has 24 players on NFL rosters or at camp. That is ninth in the ACC. After Miami, FSU and Clemson, there isn't that much difference.

1. Miami - 57
2. Florida St. - 45
3. Clemson - 42
4. Pitt - 34
5. NC St. - 29
6. North Carolina - 27
T7. Louisville - 26
T7. UVA - 26
9. Boston College - 24
10. VA Tech - 20
T11. Duke - 14
T11. Wake Forest - 14
13. Syracuse - 12
14. GA Tech - 11

Source: http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/b


Updating ACC players on rosters now that cuts have been made:

1. Miami - 42
2. FSU - 38
3. Clemson - 33
T4. NCSU - 22
T4. Pitt - 22
6. NC - 20
7. Louisville - 17
T8. UVA - 16
T8. VT - 16
10. BC - 14
T11. Duke - 9
T11. Georgia Tech - 9
T13. Syracuse - 8
T13. Wake - 8

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:22 am
by StratEagle
MilitantEagle wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
flakes wrote:
HJS wrote:Over the last 7 years, BC has an average ranked recruiting class of 12 out of 14 teams.
Since joining the ACC, BC's recruiting class has never finished ranked in the top half of the conference.

Either, these recruiting rankings are garbage or BC has the unmatched ability to coach-up and develop players.


We're 2-16 against top 25 teams under Daz. I think the recruiting rankings are spot on.


In the 2019 NFL draft, the ACC had 28 players drafted for an average of 2 players per team. BC had 4 players drafted, including a first rounder. The year before, BC had 3 players drafted.

Overall, BC has 24 players on NFL rosters or at camp. That is ninth in the ACC. After Miami, FSU and Clemson, there isn't that much difference.

1. Miami - 57
2. Florida St. - 45
3. Clemson - 42
4. Pitt - 34
5. NC St. - 29
6. North Carolina - 27
T7. Louisville - 26
T7. UVA - 26
9. Boston College - 24
10. VA Tech - 20
T11. Duke - 14
T11. Wake Forest - 14
13. Syracuse - 12
14. GA Tech - 11

Source: http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/b


Updating ACC players on rosters now that cuts have been made:

1. Miami - 42
2. FSU - 38
3. Clemson - 33
T4. NCSU - 22
T4. Pitt - 22
6. NC - 20
7. Louisville - 17
T8. UVA - 16
T8. VT - 16
10. BC - 14
T11. Duke - 9
T11. Georgia Tech - 9
T13. Syracuse - 8
T13. Wake - 8


BC's NFL players are much better than most of those teams' too.

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:24 pm
by BCSUPERFAN22
Luke Floreia decommitted, didn't really have any other offers when he committed originally

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:14 pm
by BCSUPERFAN22
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:Luke Floreia decommitted, didn't really have any other offers when he committed originally


It looks like 247 has a few predictions to Kent State now. I wonder if he was committed here as a PWO and now KSU is offering a scholarship ?