2020 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:04 am

Addazio needs a landing spot if (when) his position at BC is terminated. With Urban Meyer no longer around to cushion that fall, Addazio needs to ingratiate himself with a different potential boss. Frankly, smarter than I would have expected from him.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Addazio needs a landing spot if (when) his position at BC is terminated. With Urban Meyer no longer around to cushion that fall, Addazio needs to ingratiate himself with a different potential boss. Frankly, smarter than I would have expected from him.

lol... BC terminating Addazio.
Dude is safe with 6 wins and based on the narrative (key injuries to players like Brown/Dillon/etc.) would survive easily 5 barring a regime change at BC (assuming of course that the team is scandal free).

this is of course strictly theoretical since this year will be 10-2 :shrug
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:26 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:247 has two prediction to BC for Dwayne Allick Jr. from Dematha. 6'3/290 OT with other offers from Florida, LSU and Rutgers. Visited BC in mid-March and while it says he plays at DeMatha in DC, his twitter also shows Connecticut as his location, so he may have been or currently lives in CT and boards at DeMatha ??

https://247sports.com/Player/Dwayne-Allick-Jr-46081802/

Not sure what it means, but some more predictions have been popping up on 247 for Allick Jr, including one from their national writer Brian Dohn. Not sure if he is visiting soon and that is why there are more predictions appearing now, but may be worth watching.

Allick commits
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:23 pm

I don’t really get the need to shit on kids just because you hate Daz. It is possible for the staff to be doing a very good recruiting and still be convinced that Daz was never the answer. It ain’t mutually exclusively.

That’s 15 very good commits.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I don’t really get the need to shit on kids just because you hate Daz. It is possible for the staff to be doing a very good recruiting and still be convinced that Daz was never the answer. It ain’t mutually exclusively.

This. He's a great recruiter and a shitty football coach.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:18 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I don’t really get the need to shit on kids just because you hate Daz. It is possible for the staff to be doing a very good recruiting and still be convinced that Daz was never the answer. It ain’t mutually exclusively.

Not this.

He's a shitty recruiter and a very good game day coach. Much like Spaz, Addazio was a damn good coordinator. That is coaching players UP. UNLIKE Spaz, he has been able to take his ability to coach players up and win just barely enough games in the season to keep his job as head coach. He gets maximum productivity from marginal players who probably don't deserve scholarship offers from an ACC school.

You got it exactly backwards Teddy.

HJS, the kids all did right. Every one of them. They accepted these offers to BC and that was the right thing to do (for them.) And we are all happy (for them). But just because we are happy (for them) it doesn't mean we have to be happy about a ceiling of 7 wins. Because that is what we are looking at.

Everyone on this board is right about the ultimate problem. And what is the problem here? The problem IS Addazio. He has to go. He is not going to take this football program to where any of us want it to be. But the diagnosis that some of you have made of the problem is entirely incorrect. Its not the job he does on game day that is the ultimate problem. Instead, he doesn't have that much to work with on the field because he can't sell. He can't sell top blue-chip recruits to come to BC. And at a school like BC, selling the 3 and 4 star recruits is even MORE IMPORTANT than being a good game day coach. We are stuck with marginal players. If getting the 12th best class in the ACC (out of 14 teams), getting the 53rd best class in the nation (when there are only 65 Power-5 schools in the nation) is something to celebrate, don't you think that maybe THAT is the problem? Why is it that we are always hoping against hope that the 5th year transfer student can give us the wins when the players that Daz recruited, can't?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:38 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not this.

He's a shitty recruiter and a very good game day coach. Much like Spaz, Addazio was a damn good coordinator. That is coaching players UP. UNLIKE Spaz, he has been able to take his ability to coach players up and win just barely enough games in the season to keep his job as head coach. He gets maximum productivity from marginal players who probably don't deserve scholarship offers from an ACC school.

HJS, the kids all did right. Every one of them. They accepted these offers to BC and that was the right thing to do (for them.) And we are all happy (for them). But just because we are happy (for them) it doesn't mean we have to be happy about a ceiling of 7 wins. Because that is what we are looking at.

Everyone on this board is right about the ultimate problem. And what is the problem here? The problem IS Addazio. He has to go. He is not going to take this football program to where any of us want it to be. But the diagnosis that some of you have made of the problem is entirely incorrect. Its not the job he does on game day that is the ultimate problem. Instead, he doesn't have that much to work with on the field because he can't sell. He can't sell top blue-chip recruits to come to BC. And at a school like BC, selling the 3 and 4 star recruits is even MORE IMPORTANT than being a good game day coach. We are stuck with marginal players. If getting the 12th best class in the ACC (out of 14 teams), getting the 53rd best class in the nation (when there are only 65 Power-5 schools in the nation) is something to celebrate, don't you think that maybe THAT is the problem? Why is it that we are always hoping against hope that the 5th year transfer student can give us the wins when the players that Daz recruited, can't?

Daz has upped the recruiting the last two years, while the stars and ACC ranking are the same, the offer lists are significantly better. 95% of recruits have other P5 offers, which was not the case only a few pre-IPF years ago. In theory this should result in more wins per season even with Daz's coaching as a roadblock.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:39 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not this.

Not any of this. Except the firing part. Box scores are hard, I know.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:04 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

as always the hope is he'll amass enough talent to eventually overcome his coaching
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flakes on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not a good recruiter...
2019 - 2nd to last in ACC
2018 - LAST
2017 - 2nd to last
2016 - LAST

I know folks on here think recruiting rankings are "BS" but show me the last team that finished above 50th in recruiting that won a P5 conference. Also, Daz can't even keep kids in Mass. Lost a bunch of good ones this year. Dillon also fell in his lap after Michigan basically dropped his scholly. Don't get me wrong, recruiting to BC is a VERY hard job, but Daz isn't great at it. Oh yeah, and he also has a shitty, outdated offensive philosophy.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:44 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not a good recruiter...
2018 - LAST
2017 - 2nd to last
2016 - LAST

I know folks on here think recruiting rankings are "BS" but show me the last team that finished above 50th in recruiting that won a P5 conference. Also, Daz can't even keep kids in Mass. Lost a bunch of good ones this year. Dillon also fell in his lap after Michigan basically dropped his scholly. Don't get me wrong, recruiting to BC is a VERY hard job, but Daz isn't great at it. Oh yeah, and he also has a shitty, outdated offensive philosophy.

He got another commitment today, Dwayne Allick Jr., and he also had offers from LSU and Florida. You have to admit the recruiting has at least picked up since the IPF. The offer lists prove this, and those are much more meaningful than rankings.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:16 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not a good recruiter...
2018 - LAST
2017 - 2nd to last
2016 - LAST

Recruiting rankings are dumber than no space. The eye test can tell you they aren't watching most players and they don't know what they're looking at when they do. BC has the talent to compete in the toughest division in football, they are just coached by an idiot.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:19 am

got another recruit last night, believe this is for 2021 though (need 24 to set up the thread)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:30 am

The 4 lineman this year look to be some of the better ones they've landed in a few classes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:52 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:got another recruit last night, believe this is for 2021 though (need 24 to set up the thread)

Been working on it hopefully have it up today. Need to update this one too.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:52 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The 4 lineman this year look to be some of the better ones they've landed in a few classes.

Agreeance. Love this group!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:17 am

This is the correct analysis.

College football news ranked 19th for schools based on the 2019 Draft. That doesn't even count the free agents we signed. Daz brings in talented kids, he just screws up in preparing them for games and in game day execution. But relying on those "rankings" is crazy.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/04/2019-nfl-draft-rankings-by-college-which-schools-won-the-draft/2

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:50 am

flakes {l Wrote}:I know folks on here think recruiting rankings are "BS" but show me the last team that finished above 50th in recruiting that won a P5 conference.

Wake Forest
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:14 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:I know folks on here think recruiting rankings are "BS" but show me the last team that finished above 50th in recruiting that won a P5 conference.

Wake Forest

Been almost 14 years since the 2006 season. And they were incredibly lucky that year. It helps when you draw a somewhat shitty Georgia Tech opponent in the ACC Championship and neither team scores any points.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flakes on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:34 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Wake Forest

That’s actually a good pull, but further illustrates my point that the rankings are at least accurate enough to make this a rare occurrence. Not to mention it was the perfect storm for them that year.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:51 am

Jon Kitna’s kid, 2021 QB, commits
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:09 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:Jon Kitna’s kid, 2021 QB, commits

another texas grab, offers from tennessee & colorado
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:09 am

time for a new tacked thread!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:47 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I'll take it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:13 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I'll take it.

I'll also take it! Not listed in the top 30 at the moment, but plenty of time to move up and more importantly, we are getting in on a QB early.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:43 pm

Can’t think of someone committing this early.

Since they completely whiffed on 2020 QBs, this gives them a little flexibility with this class (if we assume Kitna sticks). Maybe that’s why they offered someone like Muschamp, knowing they were in good standing with Kitna (or can look at “QBs” who project elsewhere ie Jeff Smith/Robinson)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:24 pm

Regen Terry released top 6. BC, Utah, K State, Boise, Nebraska, Arizona.

Son of BC Ath Dept staffer and brother of current player
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:43 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I'll take it.

I'll also take it! Not listed in the top 30 at the moment, but plenty of time to move up and more importantly, we are getting in on a QB early.

Do you give a rat's ass if some loser in a basement moves them up 4 spots because Jon Kitna's kid signed? Sad.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Darren6 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 am

Josh Remetich(6'4,270 from LA) BC,CSU,HOU,KAN,UK,LT,ULM,LOU,MEM,MIZZ,SMU,TUL,WAKE

Has committed to play at Tulane...
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:36 pm

New Commit. Brady McElhaney from Avalon School in MD. 6'0/175lb WR with offers by tOSU and UVA in June

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9826709/5bb4d399a0223b0b7444e16e
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium