2020 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:37 pm

I don’t really care about the ranking there’s a bunch of different reasons that we’ll never have a top ranking all you have to do is look at the drop Pyne took when he committed to BC to understand. So the ranking wasn’t my point it was comparing that 2018 class to this one when on paper it’s not even going to be remotely close.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:44 pm

Over the last 7 years, BC has an average ranked recruiting class of 12 out of 14 teams.
Since joining the ACC, BC's recruiting class has never finished ranked in the top half of the conference.

Either, these recruiting rankings are garbage or BC has the unmatched ability to coach-up and develop players.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Over the last 7 years, BC has an average ranked recruiting class of 12 out of 14 teams.
Since joining the ACC, BC's recruiting class has never finished ranked in the top half of the conference.

Either, these recruiting rankings are garbage or BC has the unmatched ability to coach-up and develop players.

We're 2-16 against top 25 teams under Daz. I think the recruiting rankings are spot on.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:03 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Over the last 7 years, BC has an average ranked recruiting class of 12 out of 14 teams.

We're 2-16 against top 25 teams under Daz. I think the recruiting rankings are spot on.

You would.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:46 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:

Did you think through this before you posted it?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:50 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:It has been confirmed, BC is putting together perhaps their best class ever under the Dazinator.

I am sure the IPF has nothing to do with it. :roll: :roll:

We offered 7 kids from Mass this year. The Dazzler was able to land two. :koolaid

That's 2 too many.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:52 pm

This. The coaches are not the answer btw.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:01 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:

In the 2019 NFL draft, the ACC had 28 players drafted for an average of 2 players per team. BC had 4 players drafted, including a first rounder. The year before, BC had 3 players drafted.

Overall, BC has 24 players on NFL rosters or at camp. That is ninth in the ACC. After Miami, FSU and Clemson, there isn't that much difference.

1. Miami - 57
2. Florida St. - 45
3. Clemson - 42
4. Pitt - 34
5. NC St. - 29
6. North Carolina - 27
T7. Louisville - 26
T7. UVA - 26
9. Boston College - 24
10. VA Tech - 20
T11. Duke - 14
T11. Wake Forest - 14
13. Syracuse - 12
14. GA Tech - 11

Source: http://www.espn.com/nfl/college/_/letter/b
Last edited by MilitantEagle on Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:03 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

In the 2019 NFL draft, the ACC had 28 players drafted for an average of 2 players per team. BC had 4 players drafted, including a first rounder. The year before, BC had 3 players drafted.

Overall, BC has 24 players on NFL rosters or at camp. That is ninth in the ACC. After Miami, FSU and Clemson, there isn't that much difference.

1. Miami - 57
2. Florida St. - 45
3. Clemson - 42
4. Pitt - 34
5. NC St. - 29
6. North Carolina - 27
T7. Louisville - 26
T7. UVA - 26
9. Boston College - 24
10. VA Tech - 20
11. Duke - 14
12. Wake Forest - 14
13. Syracuse - 12
14. GA Tech - 11

Pitt's 34 surprised me.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:13 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

1. Miami - 57
2. Florida St. - 45
3. Clemson - 42
4. Pitt - 34
5. NC St. - 29
6. North Carolina - 27
T7. Louisville - 26
T7. UVA - 26
9. Boston College - 24
10. VA Tech - 20
11. Duke - 14
12. Wake Forest - 14
13. Syracuse - 12
14. GA Tech - 11

Pitt's 34 surprised me.

I believe it's 11 from last year's team alone.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:40 pm

SU with half as many as BC, yet Daz is 2-4 against them. Daz sucks at coaching especially on game day. QB play is a huge and BC has been terrible at that position for years.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:41 pm

QB play is overrated in college.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:It has been confirmed, BC is putting together perhaps their best class ever under the Dazinator.

We offered 7 kids from Mass this year. The Dazzler was able to land two. :koolaid

That's 2 too many.

Have another.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

That's 2 too many.

Have another.

3 would be 3 too many. But EJ Perry!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

You would.

homoJS, stop being a homo.

flakes is correct. Addazio (and his assistants) are coaching the players up but still, they are completely out-athleted by the top 25 teams. There is only so far you can "coach them up."

I want toby back
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:16 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

You would.

flakes is correct. Addazio (and his assistants) are coaching the players up but still, they are completely out-athleted by the top 25 teams. There is only so far you can "coach them up."

I want toby back

Toby was only successful by convincing almost everyone to redshirt and have a team of guys with an extra year on them, esp at offensive line.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:17 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

You would.

I want toby back

Toby was only successful by convincing almost everyone to redshirt and have a team of guys with an extra year on them, esp at offensive line.

We are getting to that point now after a few years after the Spaz mess to the roster. Think everyone did last year besides Bailey (so dumb for that last game) and the kicker?
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

You would.

I want toby back

Red pill.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:37 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

You would.

I want toby back

Hey whatever works to win. BC was the second oldest team in all of college football in 2007 (right behind BYU.) I think they had 17 graduate students on the roster, including Matty Ice, working on his Masters Degree.

I'll take it. I want to go back.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:10 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

You would.

I want toby back

Hey whatever works to win. BC was the second oldest team in all of college football in 2007 (right behind BYU.) I think they had 17 graduate students on the roster, including Matty Ice, working on his Masters Degree.

But are the recruits?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:42 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

You would.

I want toby back

But are the recruits?

I don't care anymore. I don't care if the recruits do or don't want to redshirt. If redshirting the entire freshmen class means BC plays a much older (and stronger and faster) team than every other team in the ACC, then use that. The hell with what the recruits want. I don't even care if that means (mathematically) they only get 17 recruits a year (17 * 5 = 85 scholarships spread out over 5 classes.)

I just want to win. Duchie, you and I are pushing 50. Fuck this shit. I want to win. I don't give a fuck how they get it done, just get it done.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:11 pm

Well... you have to care what the kids want, because they will be eligible to transfer with immediate ability to play by the end of their 4th year (some as early as the end of their 3rd). That makes the proposed indentured servitude model a little hard to effectively implement.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:24 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Well... you have to care what the kids want, because they will be eligible to transfer with immediate ability to play by the end of their 4th year (some as early as the end of their 3rd). That makes the proposed indentured servitude model a little hard to effectively implement.

Kids transfer in their 5th year because they KNOW that some freshman will take their starting position and they will be riding the bench in their last year of eligibility (like a QB transfer Addazio got from Florida) or because they want to play for their former assistant coach who is now a head coach ELSEWHERE (like an offensive left tackle transfer Addazio got from Florida.) HomoJS, BC loses 5th year transfer players when they suck. They know they will not be starting at BC their last year so they leave for a group-of-5-school because no other Power-5 school will have them. What do you care when we lose these guys?

Stop making excuses for what we all know this team has to do to win. You graduated BC, these kids are privileged to attend the school. Stop sucking them off just to make them happy. We aren't getting any of the 5-star primadonnas anyway. My patience for this never ending 7-5 crap is at its end.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:09 am

You won’t have to worry about 7-5 this year, best this team goes is 5-7! The only way this team wins 8 or more games is by running the football against 8 or more terrible defensive teams. Our defense can’t stop anyone on 3rd down no matter the distance. The worst part of going 5-7 will be the return of Daz due to his contract extension.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:07 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:You won’t have to worry about 7-5 this year, best this team goes is 5-7! The only way this team wins 8 or more games is by running the football against 8 or more terrible defensive teams. Our defense can’t stop anyone on 3rd down no matter the distance. The worst part of going 5-7 will be the return of Daz due to his contract extension.

Go Eagles!

For informational purposes our over/under is 6.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:43 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:You won’t have to worry about 7-5 this year, best this team goes is 5-7! The only way this team wins 8 or more games is by running the football against 8 or more terrible defensive teams. Our defense can’t stop anyone on 3rd down no matter the distance. The worst part of going 5-7 will be the return of Daz due to his contract extension.

Go Eagles!

Our defense sucked last year with 3 seniors on the defensive line. We gave up so many 3rd and long on just running plays (even against Temple and Wake Forest) it made me sick. I'm not going to say the ONLY way the defense got off the field was with an interception, but it sure felt that way.

The skill positions on offense are extremely skilled and veteran. BC has the best running back in the conference. Really all that matters is how quickly the new defensive line gets it together (hopefully better than last year's line) and how quickly the offensive line veterans are able to get the rookies up to speed. If they can get it done early, then the season may have a big start on its way to 6-6. If not, we lose to vpi in week one.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Caleb Holstein to Harvard. Wonder where we go to at QB now
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby flakes on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:37 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

For informational purposes our over/under is 6.

I’m seeing win total at 6.5...which is a very difficult call. Can definitely see 7 (no more) but also 6.

Also, the QB recruiting is so bad I am almost wondering if Daz is sabotaging to have another built in excuse.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:53 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:Also, the QB recruiting is so bad I am almost wondering if Daz is sabotaging to have another built in excuse.

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:Also, the QB recruiting is so bad I am almost wondering if Daz is sabotaging to have another built in excuse.

41st ranked QB...which is fine, but other than Tyler Murphy, QB is the position holding us back the most by far
flakes
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium