2020 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 am

I'm ok with lower academic standards to win the ACC, just saying if thats what it takes, I am ok with it.

There is a blueprint out there for us to win and it starts with hulking offensive lineman and an accurate passer. We need to get back to that.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:24 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
There is a blueprint out there for us to win and it starts with hulking offensive lineman and an accurate passer. We need to get back to that.

I agree, but at the same time, that blueprint never got us to a BCS/New Years Six bowl. Arguably our best chance was with Chris Crane, who ran the read option. And then he got injured...That BC team was rolling and would have defeated VT in the ACCCG with Chris Crane.

Of course, one of the problems with option QBs is greater risk of injury.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:01 pm

This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:35 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!

This alias is great.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:18 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:This is why I have been promoting Don Brown for HC. He has won wherever he has gone, will work for 2.5 million and will give us 8-10 years. He is an excellent coach, from Massachusetts and has been successful at BC.

Go Eagles!

What evidence is there that Don Brown is a good Head Coach?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:25 am

To the point about QB development, it’s been pretty awful under Addazio. Brown has the size and enough raw skill. The staff has to coach him up and smooth away the (considerable) inconsistency.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:42 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:BC has been handing out a bunch of offers the last few days but one local one to keep an eye on ...

Jay Brunelle, 6'2/195lb WR from St. Johns in Shrewsbury. Michigan also offered him yesterday

What is that, 5 Mass kids Michigan has offered in this class?

Something like that. They offered Eamonn Dennis as well from St Johns. Doesn’t appear to have a BC offer yet but I’m sure he will get one (also makes me question how serious the UM offer is with him only having umass and Yukon to date)

Eamonn Dennis to Michigan. Why weren't we involved with him?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby NEUBCfan on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:25 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

More evidence that he is than he isn’t...

Plymouth State
During his last two years, he led the team to win the Freedom Football Conference championship and advanced to the Division III playoffs. Brown was named the Freedom Conference Coach of the Year all three of his seasons at Plymouth State.

Northeastern
In 2002, he led Northeastern to an 11th-place final ranking, the school's highest-ever placement. The Huskies' ten wins were also the most in school history. That season, he was named Atlantic 10 Conference Coach of the Year, New England Football Writers Coach of the Year, and American Football Coaches Association Region I Coach of the Year.

UMASS
During his tenure as head coach from 2004 to 2008, UMass posted the best five-year record in school history. In 2006, Brown led Massachusetts to the Atlantic 10 conference championship and a finish as runners-up to the national championship. That season, Brown was named the AFCA Region I Coach of the Year, Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year, and New England Football Coach of the Year.
NEUBCfan
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:31 am

NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Plymouth State
During his last two years, he led the team to win the Freedom Football Conference championship and advanced to the Division III playoffs. Brown was named the Freedom Conference Coach of the Year all three of his seasons at Plymouth State.

Northeastern
In 2002, he led Northeastern to an 11th-place final ranking, the school's highest-ever placement. The Huskies' ten wins were also the most in school history. That season, he was named Atlantic 10 Conference Coach of the Year, New England Football Writers Coach of the Year, and American Football Coaches Association Region I Coach of the Year.

UMASS
During his tenure as head coach from 2004 to 2008, UMass posted the best five-year record in school history. In 2006, Brown led Massachusetts to the Atlantic 10 conference championship and a finish as runners-up to the national championship. That season, Brown was named the AFCA Region I Coach of the Year, Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year, and New England Football Coach of the Year.

Haha
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby NEUBCfan on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Plymouth State

Northeastern

UMASS

Haha

Laugh it up but what evidence is there that he isn’t a bad head coach?
NEUBCfan
n00b

Postby NJM89 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:BC has been handing out a bunch of offers the last few days but one local one to keep an eye on ...

Jay Brunelle, 6'2/195lb WR from St. Johns in Shrewsbury. Michigan also offered him yesterday

What is that, 5 Mass kids Michigan has offered in this class?

Something like that. They offered Eamonn Dennis as well from St Johns. Doesn’t appear to have a BC offer yet but I’m sure he will get one (also makes me question how serious the UM offer is with him only having umass and Yukon to date)

Eamonn Dennis to Michigan. Why weren't we involved with him?

Mullings and Brunelle were with Dennis on a visit there this weekend
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:53 pm

No. But there's no evidence he's a good head coach at the FBS level.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:12 pm

NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Plymouth State

Northeastern

UMASS

Haha

Other then never getting a real job as one?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Plymouth State

Northeastern

UMASS

Haha

It's the above. Way to site Northeastern & Plymouth State as real experience.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:45 am

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby NEUBCfan on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:15 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Plymouth State

Northeastern

UMASS

Haha

You asked for evidence of him being a good head coach. If you don’t like the answer, ask the question better.
NEUBCfan
n00b

Postby eagle33 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:21 am

NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Plymouth State

Northeastern

UMASS

Haha

You asked for evidence of him being a good head coach. If you don’t like the answer, ask the question better.

Does he have experience at the HS level.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:38 pm

NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NEUBCfan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Plymouth State

Northeastern

UMASS

Haha

How was he on dynasty mode on Madden?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby plcatalano on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:57 am

Are we out on Kalel Mullings? On 247, it's listed as a Stanford or Michigan with us as cool. Anyone know if we're out?
plcatalano
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:07 pm

Verballed to ND.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Mullings is going to Michigan so let's take that into consideration as we have our substantive debate about Don Brown

Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:38 pm

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:46 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2019/01/17/michigan-football-anthony-campanile-2-year-deal/2603098002

FHCAW
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:08 am

semi siriuz question who has a better shot at being at his job in 3 years, daz or harbaugh?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:06 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:It has been confirmed, BC is putting together perhaps their best class ever under the Dazinator.

I am sure the IPF has nothing to do with it. :roll: :roll:

We offered 7 kids from Mass this year. The Dazzler was able to land two. :koolaid
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Irishriviera on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:58 am

Mullings specifically called out Don Brown in his twitter post. Said how great he's been and that Brown has been recruiting him since he was 14.
Irishriviera
Carney Hall

Postby Los on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:08 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:semi siriuz question who has a better shot at being at his job in 3 years, daz or harbaugh?

Daz after Michigan loses to Army this year.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby flakes on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:36 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:It has been confirmed, BC is putting together perhaps their best class ever under the Dazinator.

We offered 7 kids from Mass this year. The Dazzler was able to land two. :koolaid

This was the year for a game-changing class and we'll end up maybe 12th or 13th in the ACC rankings again. O-linemen are great, but wildly unpredictable due to weight/position fluctuations and injury. To me, it's looking like the 2018 class where we had a 4-star o-lineman and some solid 3 stars...and ended up being ranked #71.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:21 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

This was the year for a game-changing class and we'll end up maybe 12th or 13th in the ACC rankings again. O-linemen are great, but wildly unpredictable due to weight/position fluctuations and injury. To me, it's looking like the 2018 class where we had a 4-star o-lineman and some solid 3 stars...and ended up being ranked #71.

That’s a pretty awful comparison. This class already has as many recruits with P5 offers then that entire class did. That 2018 class had a 50% rate on other P5 offers. And BC is looking pretty smart on a couple of those guys already but that’s a different discussion. This class has 10 of 13 with P5s. Of the 3 1 is a kicker, 1 is a camp offer and another is a slot receiver with less then ideal size but played QB for a decent part of his season and went to zero camps. The quality on paper isn’t even remotely close.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby flakes on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:07 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

That’s a pretty awful comparison. This class already has as many recruits with P5 offers then that entire class did. That 2018 class had a 50% rate on other P5 offers. And BC is looking pretty smart on a couple of those guys already but that’s a different discussion. This class has 10 of 13 with P5s. Of the 3 1 is a kicker, 1 is a camp offer and another is a slot receiver with less then ideal size but played QB for a decent part of his season and went to zero camps. The quality on paper isn’t even remotely close.

We're already 9th in the ACC and can't imagine we're going to jump anyone as the top-tier QBs are mostly signed and we have missed out on the top Mass guys.
flakes
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium