Clemson week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Clemson week

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:14 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
I was there to witness Spaz out coach Dabo.

Jesus that sounds so awkward to me.

Dabo is not a great coach.
It's easy to be successful when you have NFL players at like every position.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:23 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Yeah it's not that Dabo became a better coach and stopped clemsoning, it's that he finally got the talent level up to a place where it didn't matter anymore
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:41 am

dabo isn't a brilliant tactician but he is a great recruiter and has surrounded himself with excellent coordinators.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:51 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:dabo isn't a brilliant tactician but he is a great recruiter and has surrounded himself with excellent coordinators.

why don't you marry him

i can feel the jealousy growing out the nowater ranch already
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:58 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Yeah it's not that Dabo became a better coach and stopped clemsoning, it's that he finally got the talent level up to a place where it didn't matter anymore

That and they pay their head coordinators about what Daz makes
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Los on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:52 am

mieagle88 {l Wrote}:My point is that BC is not a top 25 team. The embarrassment at Purdue should have been enough to prove that. Straight up on a neutral field I would take every team ranked beneath them in the Coach's poll except Fresno, Cinci and Utah. I would take several unranked teams against them in that same scenario (Michigan St, Auburn, Purdue, Texas A&M and others), and so would the Vegas oddsmakers.

They're 4-1 in the 3rd or 4th best conference in the country. There's a lot to be critical of this team for, but their overall body of work is not one of them. This is actually the first BC team in a while where I feel like they should be able to compete with every team on the schedule. Even when they're trailing, as they were against Wake and VT, I have a sense of confidence that they can come back.

They have a solid O-line, a stable of RB's as good as any in the country, a front 7 that's 11th in the country in sacks, and a secondary that's 4th in the country in interceptions. If they had any semblance of consistency at QB we may be talking about a top 10 team instead of top 25.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:03 am

mieagle88 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:BC up to #14 in the Coaches. I don't view the team as the 14th best in the country, but I'll take the airtime. It can only help the program. Let's hope we show up against Clemson, if not pull off the upset.

On what basis do you think the pollsters have us as #14?

* The 229 yards of total offense explosion at Purdue?
* Beating a Temple team that lost to a Villanova squad that was outscored 71-0 by James Madison and New Hampshire?
* Coming back from over 3 touchdowns down at NC State to make the final score respectable?
* Beating a Louisville team that managed to keep it within 9 touchdowns against Clemson?
* Taking down a Miami team that had already handled Savannah St, Toledo and Florida International?
* Going into Lane Stadium and almost beating VA Tech by as much as Old Dominion did?

Saturday is going to be a beatdown. We will be lucky if it is only half as bad as the Purdue game.

welcome back, did it take 3 years to accumulate such insight?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:05 am

if you are bitching about this team as we enter the biggest game we've had since what? December 8, 2008 I would say...find something better to do.

dont get me wrong, ill be slamming this team if we finish the year 0-3 and have yet another 7-5 season....and i will never like daz. but please enjoy the fact that if this team wins saturday night, it would be the biggest win for the program in 11 years - maybe even more (but at least on same level as @VT), we'd be probably inside the top 10...with a path to the top 6 or higher if we win out (and we'd be favored @FSU, cuse, and in ACCCG).

who f'ing cares how good what sort of gaps there are from bama to the top 5 to the top 10, etc. save that shit for summer of dicks season.

this week is the most relevant this program has been in a decade. do people forget how long we've been waiting for this?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:10 am

when's the last time we have had this big of a home game?

-this is bigger than USC, no question.

-i dont think ND when they had lennay on the team, bc for me this clemson dynasty - for lack of a better word - is a far bigger giant...and its in conference.

id have to defer to people who have been following the program longer.

but to me this combo of: top 5 team coming here, us being ranked top 20, and winner of game having the direct line to the ACCCG makes it the biggest game i can remember. the games i recall as "big" had much less benefit for us in terms of winning. we win this we have the inside track for the division.

maybe cuse when the fiesta berth was on the line? but neither team was as highly ranked as these two teams are - unless i dont recall correctly?

i guess you could consider those home games (i think maryland thanksgiving weekend?) where a win would get us into the acccg as just as big.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:23 am

in my biased opinion, this is the biggest game we've had on campus since miami 1993

i only hope the gameday crew broadcasts from the library so that some of the current students will be seen in the background. the fucking nerds.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:25 am

also, even though the team is winning and things are exciting, i still think it's okay to bitch about things within the team.

anthony brown sucking at quarterback is at the top of that list. so :kudos to this team winning in spite of him and the heinz hammer
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:28 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i only hope the gameday crew broadcasts from the library so that some of the current students will be seen in the background. the fucking nerds.

In other words, you envision scenarios by which you encounter Herbstreit in fifth floor O'Neill. I see you out the night before, wrapping every other men's bathroom door in police tape.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:29 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in my biased opinion, this is the biggest game we've had on campus since miami 1993

I think you mean West Virginia.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in my biased opinion, this is the biggest game we've had on campus since miami 1993

miami was more electric on campus and by far a larger attendance. the 1993 couch burner game falls into the same category as the diamond ferri game... it never happened
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:45 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

miami was more electric on campus and by far a larger attendance. the 1993 couch burner game falls into the same category as the diamond ferri game... it never happened

Miami 1991 was better.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Los on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:51 am

I was going to say the 2001 Miami game, with Will Green watching from his dorm room because he looked at a joint the wrong way. That Canes team might have been the greatest college football team of our generation (although Bama has an argument to make) and we almost pulled it off without him.

I still see Ed Reed in my nightmares.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:51 am

i only hope the gameday crew broadcasts from the library so that some of the current students will be seen in the background. the fucking nerds.

2007 FSU?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:52 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Miami 1991 was better.

but the team sucked terribly in 1991
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:55 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

2007 FSU?

too many pussy fans scared away by the weather for that game. plus, the shitshow of the pre-game parking lot caused by the administration having no idea where to put people because shea field was too wet/muddy
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:59 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

2007 FSU?

too many pussy fans scared away by the weather for that game. plus, the shitshow of the pre-game parking lot caused by the administration having no idea where to put people because shea field was too wet/muddy

i thought about that tsunami game that hit campus, but the reason i passed was bc we were #2 so every next game became "the biggest game" that year...fsu had very little on the line that night
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:15 am

Nm
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:18 am

Los {l Wrote}:I was going to say the 2001 Miami game, with Will Green watching from his dorm room because he looked at a joint the wrong way. That Canes team might have been the greatest college football team of our generation (although Bama has an argument to make) and we almost pulled it off without him.

I still see Ed Reed in my nightmares.

This
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:53 am

No home game since that 2004 game that never happened has been this big.
This game is even bigger IMO.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:04 pm

according to the meatbaumer, last ranked v ranked home game: Maryland in 2006. Last time a top 2 team came here: U in 2003.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:17 pm

To state the obvious, BC has no chance if Brown can't complete passes. That being said, every once in a while, he seems to find the ability to hit the broad side of a barn on a consistent basis. If he can do this, BC has a chance to hang with Clemson.

That's the way I see it. :dildodog
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:29 pm

The atmosphere, I hope, is like West Virginia the week after they beat Notre Dame in 1993. The place was rocking and but for a David Green fumble in the waning minutes of that game, BC wins it.

I think the blueprint for the actual game is VERY similar to Miami in 2001. That team was riddled with NFL guys on their roster and was trucking everyone they played, but BC had a great line and even without Green they had a stable of good RB's.
And the game was played on Nov 10 in the cold.

Eerie similarities.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Can't play a 1st half against Clemson like we did against VT and expect to be in it at half time.

I actually Daz has that TOBy ability to gain consciousness for the big games he needs to show up for. I think we can keep it close. I assume we lose.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:04 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:To state the obvious, BC has no chance if Brown can't complete passes. That being said, every once in a while, he seems to find the ability to hit the broad side of a barn on a consistent basis. If he can do this, BC has a chance to hang with Clemson.

AB is a mid round draft pick if Steve Logan coaches him in college. Change my mind
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby mezmrin on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:14 pm

looking forward to this one. I will be interested to see if AJ can break off some runs against us. I think he is too talented not to. Will help open up some passing for Brown and could make for a quite entertaining and competitive game.

Summary of Clemson from opposing view:

DL: blah blah blah everyone is sick of hearing about how great our DL is. I will say this, our best DLineman is actually a true freshman #3 Xavier Thomas. He will play and you will probably notice him at least a play or two. I would guess he will be a Household name this time next year for college football fans.

LB: Out best LB is Tre Lamar. Big 6'4" 255lb guy who can do it all. Isiah Simmons plays a hybrid LB/S he is long and freaky athletic who can make plays.

DB: Our safeties are ok and our CBs and big. Trayvon Mullen is a prototypical do everything CB while AJ Terrell is a physical CB who is still working on his technique, but hits like a safety. Very physical

OL: They are a pretty good unit, but your DL is very talented and should be able to get into the backfield and cause disruption more often than any Clemson fan would like.

QB: True freshman but plays at a pretty high level. Still makes freshman mistakes though from time to time including not knowing when to get out of the way. Our backup is a redshirt freshman who also has some arm talent. After that watch out, because Hunter Renfrow is coming in to run some option football and you dont want that.

RB: our RBs go 4 deep with 1st string (Etienne) and 4th string (Lyn-J Dixon) being the two game changing type backs. Teams have been able to nullify our run though if they focus on it.

Side note: our "Fridge" package is fun to watch. 340lb Sexy Dexy blocking for 300lb Christian Wilkins on the goal line.
Side side note: I'm really glad yall let Christian Wilkins get away and come down to the Clemson. He is just one of those guys. Easily one of, if not the number 1 guy, on my all time favorite tClemson players list.

WR: Fortunately, when the run doesn't work our WR crew is there to pick up the slack. Tee Higgins and Justyn Ross are both potential superstars at the next level. 6'4" with speed. Overton is also 6'4" with speed but doesn't make as many plays. Amari Rodgers is our Punt Returner and jet sweep guy. 5'10" but still makes plays. Hunter Renfrow is just the do it all catch everything receiver. They go about 10 deep at this position most games it seems.

TE: not usually much out of this position although there is some talent there.

This is the game I have thought would be our toughest game all season. I think I even came by here preseason to state how much I thought of your team. My prediction preseason was this was going to be a top 10 matchup with BC being undefeated, but yall let me down on that one.

So who here is picking the upset? On the flip side, is there a number where if you get beat by more than it you will feel less about the quality of your team?

Me personally? I could see Clemson losing and I could also see us winning by 50 or anywhere in between. That's what should make this week so fun!
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:27 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:To state the obvious, BC has no chance if Brown can't complete passes. That being said, every once in a while, he seems to find the ability to hit the broad side of a barn on a consistent basis. If he can do this, BC has a chance to hang with Clemson.

AB is a mid round draft pick if Steve Logan coaches him in college. Change my mind

watch the first half of the vpi game again, before drinking a handle of beam

your eyes will convince you
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium