Clemson week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Clemson week

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:33 pm

BC needs a lot to go right to win this game.
Cold weather, healthy Dillon, Brown to have a good game, whatever trick plays we call we need perfect execution, PA deep balls need to be accurate and caught, luck, etc.
Last edited by hansen on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:34 pm

mezmrin {l Wrote}:looking forward to this one. I will be interested to see if AJ can break off some runs against us. I think he is too talented not to. Will help open up some passing for Brown and could make for a quite entertaining and competitive game.

Summary of Clemson from opposing view:

DL: blah blah blah everyone is sick of hearing about how great our DL is. I will say this, our best DLineman is actually a true freshman #3 Xavier Thomas. He will play and you will probably notice him at least a play or two. I would guess he will be a Household name this time next year for college football fans.

LB: Out best LB is Tre Lamar. Big 6'4" 255lb guy who can do it all. Isiah Simmons plays a hybrid LB/S he is long and freaky athletic who can make plays.

DB: Our safeties are ok and our CBs and big. Trayvon Mullen is a prototypical do everything CB while AJ Terrell is a physical CB who is still working on his technique, but hits like a safety. Very physical

OL: They are a pretty good unit, but your DL is very talented and should be able to get into the backfield and cause disruption more often than any Clemson fan would like.

QB: True freshman but plays at a pretty high level. Still makes freshman mistakes though from time to time including not knowing when to get out of the way. Our backup is a redshirt freshman who also has some arm talent. After that watch out, because Hunter Renfrow is coming in to run some option football and you dont want that.

RB: our RBs go 4 deep with 1st string (Etienne) and 4th string (Lyn-J Dixon) being the two game changing type backs. Teams have been able to nullify our run though if they focus on it.

Side note: our "Fridge" package is fun to watch. 340lb Sexy Dexy blocking for 300lb Christian Wilkins on the goal line.
Side side note: I'm really glad yall let Christian Wilkins get away and come down to the Clemson. He is just one of those guys. Easily one of, if not the number 1 guy, on my all time favorite tClemson players list.

WR: Fortunately, when the run doesn't work our WR crew is there to pick up the slack. Tee Higgins and Justyn Ross are both potential superstars at the next level. 6'4" with speed. Overton is also 6'4" with speed but doesn't make as many plays. Amari Rodgers is our Punt Returner and jet sweep guy. 5'10" but still makes plays. Hunter Renfrow is just the do it all catch everything receiver. They go about 10 deep at this position most games it seems.

TE: not usually much out of this position although there is some talent there.

This is the game I have thought would be our toughest game all season. I think I even came by here preseason to state how much I thought of your team. My prediction preseason was this was going to be a top 10 matchup with BC being undefeated, but yall let me down on that one.

So who here is picking the upset? On the flip side, is there a number where if you get beat by more than it you will feel less about the quality of your team?

Me personally? I could see Clemson losing and I could also see us winning by 50 or anywhere in between. That's what should make this week so fun!

Seems like the only close games for Clemson this year were Syracuse and Texas A&M.
what did those two teams do well that prevented tClemson from pulling away like they did most games this season?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:36 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:36 pm

mezmrin {l Wrote}:LB: Out best LB is Tre Lamar. Big 6'4" 255lb guy who can do it all. Isiah Simmons plays a hybrid LB/S he is long and freaky athletic who can make plays.

I bet you his brothers Kendrick and Hedley hate him.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Mez how does Tre Lamar pronounce his first name? Asking for a friend
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:53 pm

while i hope for the best, were gonna need some luck

-clemson is by far the best team we will play this year (til bama in the semifinals)
-weve slept through quarters at a time in a few of our games this year, cant afford that
-our qb is not exceptional.

were gonna need to get your freshman qb to make a couple of mistakes, and some luck (if there are two fumbles in the game we'll need to recover them both, get a tipped pick, etc) if we wanna be in it deep into the fourth.

that said, its gonna be a good crowd. it will be loud and cold, which has historically been a good recipe vs warm weather teams.

im excited, not tremendously optimistic however. i was expecting a line of 14.5...so 17 / 17.5 seems about right. it would be a major major upset if we won. clemson has lost to alabama and pitt (by 1) in the last 4 years. thats it.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:58 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Mez how does Tre Lamar pronounce his first name? Asking for a friend

OK I lied. He's not a friend.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:59 pm

mezmrin {l Wrote}:QB: True freshman but plays at a pretty high level. Still makes freshman mistakes though from time to time including not knowing when to get out of the way.

apparently sushine has never been north of virginia, 35 and windy would be nice
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:05 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Seems like the only close games for Clemson this year were Syracuse and Texas A&M.
what did those two teams do well that prevented tClemson from pulling away like they did most games this season?

I watched the A&M game. Clempson could not stop them in the 2nd half and they were lucky to win. A&M QB threw for 430 and 3 TDs.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:09 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Seems like the only close games for Clemson this year were Syracuse and Texas A&M.

I watched the A&M game. Clempson could not stop them in the 2nd half and they were lucky to win. A&M QB threw for 430 and 3 TDs.

Not even in Tom Dooder's wettest dream do I see AB being able to do that.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:11 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Mez how does Tre Lamar pronounce his first name? Asking for a friend

you got that right
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby mezmrin on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:15 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Beats by Tre
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:15 pm

So.....

I guess TRE and I are going public as more than friends.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:22 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:BC needs a lot to go right to win this game.
Cold weather, healthy Dillon, Brown to have a good game, whatever trick plays we call we need perfect execution, PA deep balls need to be accurate and caught, luck, etc.

Unfortunately Dillon will not be 100% healthy and I think that dooms any chance of an upset.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby mezmrin on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:25 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Cuse game was the first game after the Kelly Bryant soap opera and then our QB got hurt in the first half and it was just a perfect storm of reasons to lose. Surprised we actually came back to win that game.

A&M QB had a horseshoe up his arse all game. Several 3rd and 15+ where he just sky hooked the ball downfield only to have a receiver somehow come up with it off a tip by one of our defenders or something. First TD pass he threw into quintuple coverage and somehow his guy was able to catch. Great play by the WR, but no coach would advise making that throw again. 2nd TD he was getting sacked and just tried to get rid of the ball. The ball hung in the air due to a 340lb guy hanging on him as he tried to throw and once again, their WR was able to make the play on it somehow. 3rd TD was actually an INT that our defender dropped and popped up into the air allowing them to catch it. It was just play after play that made you think during the game that it was just their night to win and no matter what we did it wouldn't matter. After so many extended drives on flukish plays all game long our D got really worn down and by the 4th quarter they were outplaying us without the need for luck. We were lucky to win that one. Our depth has gotten much better since then so it would be very hard to get us that worn out again without having complete control of ToP the entire game.

Clemson is by no means unbeatable. Bama isn't either. Reminds me of when ESPN ranked that USC team as one of the top 3 teams of all time right before they went out and lost to Texas.
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

watched that game in a brewery outside of lambeau field. funny side story, EO was blocked on the hotel's wifi (apparently was blacklisted)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:36 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:BC needs a lot to go right to win this game.

Unfortunately Dillon will not be 100% healthy and I think that dooms any chance of an upset.

The fact that he didn't practice at all last week was eye opening. Daz really did a good job of hiding that info after the Miami game.
If Dillon doesn't play at all, then I don't think we can win. But if he can line up on the field and get 10-20 respectable carries that would make a huge difference. Clemson would have to at least respect him getting the ball. But, it was clear Saturday to me that he wasn't right. I thought it was just poor decision making from missing time but knowing now that he was injured and hadn't practiced at all last week it all makes a lot more sense.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:47 pm

i don't think dillon not practicing was all that surprising, i don't believe andre practiced at all in the 2nd half of his sr year
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Im coming in with a hot take here and pronouncing that BC winning is dependent on one thing only and it's not dillon's health. Don't think it will happen, but it could
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Im coming in with a hot take here and pronouncing that BC winning is dependent on one thing only and it's not dillon's health. Don't think it will happen, but it could

Scoring more points than tClemson?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:00 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Not even in Tom Dooder's wettest dream do I see AB being able to do that.

If Tony Brown (same initials as Tom Brady, coincidence? I think not) can start catching the snap from Shotgun I don't see why he can't Uncle Rico it and throw it over them mountains.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Im coming in with a hot take here and pronouncing that BC winning is dependent on one thing only and it's not dillon's health. Don't think it will happen, but it could

I think that BC winning is dependent on several things, but you're absolutely right about that one thing.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:46 pm

The One Weird Trick to beat Teh Clemson
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:21 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:The One Weird Trick to beat Teh Clemson

it would be so awesome if that weird trick was a meatbomb
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby EagleManiac66 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Is there an official word on Dillon's status? Everything that I read says that he got his "bell rung". Was this a concussion protocol or some other injury?
EagleManiac66
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:33 pm

EagleManiac66 {l Wrote}:Is there an official word on Dillon's status? Everything that I read says that he got his "bell rung". Was this a concussion protocol or some other injury?

He tweaked his ankle again. That’s why he didn’t return on Saturday. There was no head injury whatsoever.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:13 pm

I think the last time BC had a game this big at home was FSU in 2005. The stakes weren't as big as some of the other games mentioned, but the hype, electricity and demand for tickets was. It was a game 2 years in the making.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:02 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:The One Weird Trick to beat Teh Clemson

it would be so awesome if that weird trick was a meatbomb

Daz goes full Goatse at the 50 yard line and Clemson is sucked into the abyss
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Without Dillon this is going to be a struggle
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:33 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I think the last time BC had a game this big at home was FSU in 2005. The stakes weren't as big as some of the other games mentioned, but the hype, electricity and demand for tickets was. It was a game 2 years in the making.

Quintina really enjoyed that one
BC923
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium