Clemson week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Clemson week

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:01 pm

GameDay coming to BC according to BCI
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Clemson week

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:07 pm

CONFIRMED

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:49 pm

8:00pm kickoff
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 pm

#14 PED St
# 9 Kentucky
#11 Florida
#15 Utah
#17 Texas
#16 Iowa
#20 Texas A&M

That is 7 teams losing this week. We should jump all but Kentucky. So may be 2 v 16
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:01 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:#14 PED St
# 9 Kentucky
#11 Florida
#17 Texas
#16 Iowa
#20 Texas A&M

That is 6 teams losing this week. We should jump all but Kentucky. So may be 2 v 17

And #15 Utah lost. BC should be 16 or 17.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:27 pm

Don't think we jump Ped State and Florida is a maybe, although I think we do jump Fresno State and possibly Mississippi State despite those teams winning. 19-20 IMO.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:46 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
# 9 Kentucky
#11 Florida
#17 Texas
#16 Iowa
#20 Texas A&M

That is 6 teams losing this week. We should jump all but Kentucky. So may be 2 v 17

And #15 Utah lost. BC should be 16 or 17.

I think it will be 16 vs 2 Saturday Night.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:12 am

Bobby Bowden can’t make the juice ool
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:57 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:CONFIRMED

herbstreit must be pissed.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:41 am

This is great. There have been some disappointments this season, but playing Clemson for the division in primetime with Gameday in Chestnut HIll should make this the biggest game we've played since 2007. Hopefully the atmosphere is great. I maintain that a wild Alumni is a tough place to play. Small footprint, and very vertical means it can get really loud if the fans are into it. Combine that with some cold, wet weather and I think we have as good a chance as anyone in the ACC to knock off Clemson.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:48 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:CONFIRMED

herbstreit must be pissed.

O/U on the number of times Herbstreit will shit on BC?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Tony Brown is playing at home, ergo, Heisman watch list after this week.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Re: Clempson week

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:56 pm

# 9 Kentucky
#11 Florida
#15 Utah
#17 Texas
#16 Iowa
#20 Texas A&M

That is 7 teams losing this week. We should jump all but Kentucky. So may be 2 v 16

#14 in Coaches
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:58 pm

BC up to #14 in the Coaches. I don't view the team as the 14th best in the country, but I'll take the airtime. It can only help the program. Let's hope we show up against Clemson, if not pull off the upset.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:15 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:This is great.

Yup.

BC923 {l Wrote}:There have been some disappointments this season, but playing Clemson for the division in primetime with Gameday in Chestnut HIll should make this the biggest game we've played since 2007.

Its huge. Its the biggest game they have had since December 2008, not 2007. The ACC Championship in 2008 was a bigger game even if there was no one there watching it that rooted for BC.

BC923 {l Wrote}:Hopefully the atmosphere is great. I maintain that a wild Alumni is a tough place to play. Small footprint, and very vertical means it can get really loud if the fans are into it. Combine that with some cold, wet weather and I think we have as good a chance as anyone in the ACC to knock off Clemson.

They have as good a shot as anyone. Every single player on the field has to play the best they have ever played the sport for the team to win.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:50 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:They have as good a shot as anyone. Every single player on the field has to play the best they have ever played the sport for the team to win.

I'm sure a lot of deep thinking went into this nuanced analysis
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:01 pm

#17 in the AP

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby mieagle88 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:10 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:BC up to #14 in the Coaches. I don't view the team as the 14th best in the country, but I'll take the airtime. It can only help the program. Let's hope we show up against Clemson, if not pull off the upset.

On what basis do you think the pollsters have us as #14?

* The 229 yards of total offense explosion at Purdue?
* Beating a Temple team that lost to a Villanova squad that was outscored 71-0 by James Madison and New Hampshire?
* Coming back from over 3 touchdowns down at NC State to make the final score respectable?
* Beating a Louisville team that managed to keep it within 9 touchdowns against Clemson?
* Taking down a Miami team that had already handled Savannah St, Toledo and Florida International?
* Going into Lane Stadium and almost beating VA Tech by as much as Old Dominion did?

Saturday is going to be a beatdown. We will be lucky if it is only half as bad as the Purdue game.
mieagle88
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:12 pm

mieagle88 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:BC up to #14 in the Coaches. I don't view the team as the 14th best in the country, but I'll take the airtime. It can only help the program. Let's hope we show up against Clemson, if not pull off the upset.

* Beating a Temple team that lost to a Villanova squad that was outscored 71-0 by James Madison and New Hampshire?
* Coming back from over 3 touchdowns down at NC State to make the final score respectable?
* Beating a Louisville team that managed to keep it within 9 touchdowns against Clemson?
* Taking down a Miami team that had already handled Savannah St, Toledo and Florida International?
* Going into Lane Stadium and almost beating VA Tech by as much as Old Dominion did?

Saturday is going to be a beatdown. We will be lucky if it is only half as bad as the Purdue game.

We showed Holy Cross who's boss! :screamyeagle
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:They have as good a shot as anyone. Every single player on the field has to play the best they have ever played the sport for the team to win.

I'm sure a lot of deep thinking went into this nuanced analysis

No. But without any deep thinking I can say that every single player on the field did NOT have to play their best (and they most certainly didn't) to beat vpi. That is the difference.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:34 pm

mieagle88 {l Wrote}:

There is a big drop from #5 in the country to #6 in the country. And there is an even bigger drop from #10 in the country all the way down to #11 in the country. The talent and ability that separates LSU/Washington State vs UCF (and everyone else below UCF) is as vast as the Grand Canyon. This Utah State team appears to be world beaters (far better than any team Merlon Olson ever played on) but they can't even stand on the field vs Clemson or Alabama. I would agree with you eagle 88 if your point is that College football is incredibly top heavy this year. It is very top heavy.

That doesn't mean that this BC isn't any good. I think we can all agree that they are good, probably the best team Addazio has ever coached while being a head coach in college football. I wasn't for sure if this team would be better than the 2014 team. I am sure of that now. And it is entirely possible that BC IS (in fact) the 14th best team in the country given the massive disparity of talent and athleticism that the top ten have over everyone else. That said, if every player BC doesn't show up to play AND play better than they did vs Miami, this could get real ugly real fast. All 4 starting defensive linemen for Clemson, all 4 of them are STARTING on defensive line for 4 different NFL teams next year. And all 4 of them would have been starting on NFL defensive lines this year. There you go funishment, my deep thinking nuanced analysis.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby mieagle88 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:01 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
mieagle88 {l Wrote}:

There is a big drop from #5 in the country to #6 in the country. And there is an even bigger drop from #10 in the country all the way down to #11 in the country. The talent and ability that separates LSU/Washington State vs UCF (and everyone else below UCF) is as vast as the Grand Canyon. This Utah State team appears to be world beaters (far better than any team Merlon Olson ever played on) but they can't even stand on the field vs Clemson or Alabama. I would agree with you eagle 88 if your point is that College football is incredibly top heavy this year. It is very top heavy.

That doesn't mean that this BC isn't any good. I think we can all agree that they are good, probably the best team Addazio has ever coached while being a head coach in college football. I wasn't for sure if this team would be better than the 2014 team. I am sure of that now. And it is entirely possible that BC IS (in fact) the 14th best team in the country given the massive disparity of talent and athleticism that the top ten have over everyone else. That said, if every player BC doesn't show up to play AND play better than they did vs Miami, this could get real ugly real fast. All 4 starting defensive linemen for Clemson, all 4 of them are STARTING on defensive line for 4 different NFL teams next year. And all 4 of them would have been starting on NFL defensive lines this year. There you go funishment, my deep thinking nuanced analysis.

My point is that BC is not a top 25 team. The embarrassment at Purdue should have been enough to prove that. Straight up on a neutral field I would take every team ranked beneath them in the Coach's poll except Fresno, Cinci and Utah. I would take several unranked teams against them in that same scenario (Michigan St, Auburn, Purdue, Texas A&M and others), and so would the Vegas oddsmakers.
mieagle88
n00b

Postby BCdee on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:05 pm

We haven't beaten Clemson since Luke was on the team...back in 2010.

It's time... :chewbanka :screamyeagle
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:23 pm

mieagle88 {l Wrote}:
mieagle88 {l Wrote}:

My point is that BC is not a top 25 team. The embarrassment at Purdue should have been enough to prove that. Straight up on a neutral field I would take every team ranked beneath them in the Coach's poll except Fresno, Cinci and Utah. I would take several unranked teams against them in that same scenario (Michigan St, Auburn, Purdue, Texas A&M and others), and so would the Vegas oddsmakers.

Purdue has beaten 3 ranked teams this year and gone 4-1 since beating us (including wins over the ranked tOSU and Iowa). Contrary to popular belief here, they are a good football team. If they had settled their QB issue prior to the season they would have a significantly better record than 5-4.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:25 pm

mieagle88 {l Wrote}:
mieagle88 {l Wrote}:

I want some of whatever you’re drinking. BC may get crushed, but you can’t enjoy being 7-2 for a week? There’s a bunch of Top 25 teams we would beat.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:52 pm

mieagle88 {l Wrote}:
mieagle88 {l Wrote}:

You are a truly miserable bastard, even by the standards of this board. Of course we aren't at the standard of the top 5, or even top 10, but enjoy the fact that we're finally playing in a game with stakes in November for the first time in years.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:01 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:We haven't beaten Clemson since Luke was on the team...back in 2010.

It's time... :chewbanka :screamyeagle

I was there to witness Spaz out coach Dabo. We rushed no one in the 4th and just let their QB make stupid plays.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
I was there to witness Spaz out coach Dabo.

Jesus that sounds so awkward to me.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:03 pm

I wonder if members of C.U.N.T will make it up to Chestnut Hill for the game.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03/1 ... university
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:38 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
mieagle88 {l Wrote}:
mieagle88 {l Wrote}:

You are a truly miserable bastard, even by the standards of this board. Of course we aren't at the standard of the top 5, or even top 10, but enjoy the fact that we're finally playing in a game with stakes in November for the first time in years.

This.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium