VTech week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

VTech week

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:04 pm

BC ranked #25, VTech #46 in the Coaches.
3:45 kickoff. Why don't we ever get time slots like this?

VTech lost by 14 to Old Dominion.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: VTech week

Postby BC923 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:31 pm

They couldn't stop Georgia Tech at all. I'd like to see some more reads/designed runs for Brown, and some jet sweeps for the WRs to take advantage
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:34 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:BC ranked #25, VTech #46 in the Coaches.
3:45 kickoff. Why don't we ever get time slots like this?

VTech lost by 14 to Old Dominion.

If BC plays the team that pummelled Duke, BC may struggle a bit. If BC plays the team who was still in Hurricane shock and lost to Old Dominion, then BC will rout them. I expect vpi will be closer to the team that gave up 9 touchdowns to Georgia Tech on Thursday. This Hokie team does not have even a fraction of the defense Miami has.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:23 pm

24 in AP
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:14 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:They couldn't stop Georgia Tech at all. I'd like to see some more reads/designed runs for Brown, and some jet sweeps for the WRs to take advantage

The offense is so much better when Brown is a threat to run (UVA & FSU last season). We have not seen much of it though. Was his long run Friday his first designed run this season?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:18 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:They couldn't stop Georgia Tech at all. I'd like to see some more reads/designed runs for Brown, and some jet sweeps for the WRs to take advantage

The offense is so much better when Brown is a threat to run (UVA & FSU last season). We have not seen much of it though. Was his long run Friday his first designed run this season?

I think there have been a couple others, but not much. He does look like he's lost a step, but he remains just as aggressive, so those plays should still work. Especially with all eyes on AJ.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:02 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

When I watch the replay, I think it was a read option and he had the choice to give it to Dillon but kept it since the entire defense was moving with Dillon. I believe Brown also ran for a short gain on a read option earlier in the game. Perhaps the long run will give him and BC more confidence to go to that play more often. Maybe some QB draws as well. In then first half, Rosier had a lot of success on the QB draw or just running up the middle if the pass wasn't there.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Sagarin estimates us to be a 3 point favorite.
My guess is the line open BC -2.5
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Va Tech ant good this year but Daz on the road plus Magical Lane Stadium scares the fuck out of me.
At least it’s not a night game... I think it will be a dogfight but we will prevail.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:02 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Sagarin estimates us to be a 3 point favorite.
My guess is the line open BC -2.5

The Action Network app says it opened at BC -1 and is BC -2 now
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:29 am

Anthony Brown is barely a year from his ACL injury. He's going to get better and better in the run game as the season progresses.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 pm

this is all shaping up nicely for the 2nd kick in the groin game of the year... and i think it may actually hurt more than the kick in the groin from purdue
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:24 pm

Feel like this is the swing game for us. Clemson is an L, FSU is a win as they are legally dead right now, and I think we'll dick trip against a Cuse that can score a gazillion points.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:28 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:this is all shaping up nicely for the 2nd kick in the groin game of the year... and i think it may actually hurt more than the kick in the groin from purdue

thanks negative Nancy

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:02 pm

Daz press conference - VT - 10.29.18

Some interesting questions this week for a change... I highlighted some of them in bold.

ADDAZIO: It's a tall assignment, and we have a full week ahead of us to get prepared and to put together a good plan. Just really have a lot of respect for Virginia Tech, their program. Obviously Coach Fuente has done a fabulous job there, and he's put his stamp on that program, and you can see it everywhere. They're well-coached. Schematically put together very, very well. They're tough, they're physical. You know, and as I said earlier, on defense, Coach Foster has been there a long time, and the defense is always really, really tough.

Special teams, they've been outstanding, and then they have what I would call the 12th man crowd factor down there, which is big.

Our preparation this week, we've got to handle the crowd noise. We've got to be able to really establish a good run game. You go on the road, you've got to pack your run game, you've got to pack your defense, and you've got to be able to sustain and with stand the home team force. We need to have a really strong week of preparation. We need to get our team feeling good and healthy. We came out of a very physical football game last weekend, and then march on and get ready to get win No. 7.

That's our goal. That's what we're working on right now, looking forward to the week, and it seems like the season goes by so quick. Here we are going down the home stretch. We've got to be playing our best football. I think we are, so looking forward to another week of growth and development. Any questions?

Q. Bud Foster's approach, what makes him such a good football mind?
ADDAZIO: Well, I think he's a guy that has a plan in how to attack offenses. Been doing it for a long time. I think he's a guy that really takes a look at what you do formationally and tendency wise and really tries to go after that. But I think it starts with a toughness and a demeanor that he instills. Esprit de corps, if you will. It's been pretty remarkable over the years, the level of play they've sustained. And obviously great players. I mean, they've had some -- like anybody else, you've got really good players, and you've got a good scheme and you can put them together good, then you can have a unit that's pretty tough. They've been tough for a long time. I mean, I go all the way back into the early 90s when I was at Syracuse traveling down there, fully aware of it.

Q. What are some of the things that you can do to simulate the crowd noise and get the team ready for that because I know that's a pretty hostile environment?
ADDAZIO: Yeah, in our new indoor we have a sound system that's probably second to none in America. It's really incredible. We were in there last night, and we had that thing cranked up. It was giving me a headache it was so loud. It's louder than any stadium could possibly be. You know, it's tremendous for us to use that. I've got to pick my spots. We're playing outside, so I don't want to be inside all week, but we'll probably have to go inside because the sound system that we have outside won't do what this one will do. This thing is incredible. It's deafening.

Q. Just about coming off the Miami game and the way you guys were able to sustain drives and move the football, what are some of the things you guys succeeded in doing there?
ADDAZIO: Well, I thought we played pretty well in tempo. Our goal was to go in and play really fast, and we did. In the first half, we ran about 50 plays and had 300 yards of offense. We had drives of 12 and 16 and nine, and we were able to stay on the field, and I thought we did it with a mixture of run and pass and we had some trick plays in there, and we just kind of kept it really moving, and we did all those things at a really warp speed. So it really impacted their defense.

And that's our goal. That's what we want to do. That's how we're going to play the game. I thought we started with that early, and it didn't subside through the first half at all.

Q. Is that something that you think you'll be able to do again with Virginia Tech, or is that something you'll try to do --
ADDAZIO: That's how we play. That's the way we want to play. You know, we're not going to allow them to screw their cleats in the ground, not one time. We're going to go as fast and as hard as we can. How we attack that, we change week to week, how we decide to use our formations and styles of play that we use, that can vary. But we're going to go fast, and we're going to -- within that structure is going to be some real hardball downhill runs, some real hardball play actions, and we're going to make them defend 53 and a third. That's the way we want to play. Now, you've got to go get that done. It's easier said than done. You've got to get your first 1st down, you've got to stay on the field, and you've got to allow that to take place, to take a foothold.

Q. 49-0 loss last time you went down to Blacksburg. Is there any chip on your shoulder heading into Saturday?
ADDAZIO: I mean, I don't think you forget things like that. You know, that wasn't -- I wouldn't call that one of the high moments. It's happened in many a football program to many a football team down there, and that's the impact that that place can have on you. It can roll on you pretty hard.

But you know, certainly we're -- our mindset isn't going to be about letting that happen again.

Q. 32 carries for AJ last game; is that somewhere you want him to be, in the 30 range, or would you like to dial that back at all?
ADDAZIO: No, I wouldn't dial that back. I think we're going to -- he's a great player, and we're going to feed him the ball. That's the way it's going to go. I mean, if the number is 30, it's 30. If it's 40, it's 40. If it's -- if he's struggling, maybe it's less. It's whatever the situation dictates.

But we want to get the ball in the hands of the best players on the field for sure. We had a lot of different people touch the ball in that game. We had like nine different receivers. A lot of people touched the ball, and we're going to keep doing that, but the one constant is going to be that he's a workhorse, and we're going to feed him the ball. I thought what he did Saturday was remarkable considering he is come off that injury. He had a very significant injury, and for him to come in like that and carry and -- those are physical 30 carries. Those were physical. I thought he did a fantastic job with it, and he came out of that game feeling really good.

You know, hopefully we can stay there.

Q. The last time you went down there, how do you explain to the guys what that game was like, and then also what that stadium was like?
ADDAZIO: Well, I'm not wasting a lot of time talking about what that experience was like. I mean, it is what it is. But the understanding of what the environment is like, that's another story. We're addressing that and talking, that's real, and we're going to simulate that. Obviously the guys that were there and the older guys understand that -- if you're going to go down to a place like Blacksburg and try to take a game, you've got to have a whole different mindset, and you've got to have a bunch of mature guys and tough guys, and it's a very, very hard to go down there and take something away from them down in their home field. That's one of the toughest places in the country, and I think our kids totally understand that now.

We'll do the best we can to simulate that. No, we're not going to waste a lot of time talking about what happened two years ago, other than the fact that it happened, and it's not something that we ever want to have happen again.

But to have a lot of protracted conversation wouldn't be very positive. A lot of these guys weren't even there, as you said. This is a different football team and a different time, but the fact of how hard it is to go down there and to win in that environment, that's the relevant conversation that has to be had with our team right now.

Q. (Indiscernible) how is that different from the first time this season? You had the experience, like hey, we got it, but is there a different approach now?
ADDAZIO: Didn't address it. Kind of like I didn't address the fact that we were bowl eligible. Just didn't address it. Not going to. I think our kids got a real feel for the last go-around here of -- if anybody thought that any of that has any meaning or waste any time thinking about anything like that is going to help you, well, they clearly -- if they didn't know it before, they clearly know it now. That's just a poisonous punch right there now, that's not going anywhere.

What's important right now is one thing. We have got to focus, our entire focus has to be on having the ability to go down and get our seventh win. We've got to go down there in a very tough environment and extract a W from a very good football team, and that's it. Everything else has got to be cleared out of the chamber. We talked about that last night. I mean, there's nothing else to think about. There's nothing else to talk about. There's nothing else on anybody's mind. How do we collectively go down there, play our best level of football and go extract a win in a very difficult place against a very good football team, and if anybody has got room for any other conversation than that, then they're not giving us everything they have. Simple as that, because that's how difficult this will be.

Q. How is Hunter, and he had some nicks and knacks in that game --
ADDAZIO: Yeah, I mean, we were in a very physical game. We're a banged up football team, but in my mind, I believe that we'll be ready to roll come Saturday. Like everybody else in the country this time of year and at the level of play that we're playing at right now in terms of who we're playing, we -- you're going to come out of each game pretty banged up right now. Like I said, we came off of a bunch of physical games in a row, and this one was -- we played the No. 1 defense statistically in the country. They were big. They were physical. They were athletic. And our kids went after them. I don't know what they're like, but we're banged up right now.

But we're banged up, but I believe that we'll be at full strength.

Q. And Hunter [Long] is ready?
ADDAZIO: He's en route to being. I would fully anticipate that we should have him. You never know. I'll find out for sure by the end of the week, but I feel confident that we'll be -- if not full strength, close to it.

Q. You touched on injuries. Talk about Virginia Tech. They're still without Josh Jackson. What have you seen from Ryan Willis so far?
ADDAZIO: Well, I mean, he can really hurt you with his feet. He's a talented guy, can throw the ball, he can run the ball. Appears to be operating their offense at a high level. You know, he'll pose a lot of challenges, you know, another quarterback that can run and create an extra gap with the Q runs, so we've got to get ready for that and put a good hard week with that stuff in with our defense.

Q. How has Hamp [Cheevers] become one of the leading ball hawks in the nation right now?
ADDAZIO: He's a pretty athletic, slippery guy. Hamp is -- since he's been here, even as he came in as a freshman, he had a knack to make plays. He's just -- he's very nimble. He's very -- I call it like supple. He's one of those guys that -- he's hard to get a clean shot on. He's an exceptional athlete.

Q. There's a lot of young guys on the Virginia Tech offense in addition to the quarterback position. What does the offense present to you? What are you looking at for your defense? Can you add any different complexities in there to try and confuse them?
ADDAZIO: I think their offense -- you know, it's a quarterback-driven offense. I mean, it's -- you know, as I said, they have the Q runs that come off of that offense that you've got to get your fits and the play action that comes off of it is hard to fit. And they do a great job with it. I mean, it's kind of like the wishbone teams in a way that there's an answer for every reaction that they get defensively from you.

But I think in the defense we've got to do a great job of disguising our defense and not showing our coverage whether we're in two high, one high, and disguising our fronts, and we've got to do a great job with that, not getting a beating, and I'm sure there will be a lot of check with me kind of stuff going on, and we've had a bunch of it this year. I think we've got to continue to get better and improve, and I think we will. But having said that, we've got a pretty veteran group of guys up front that we've got to sustain our physicality, because no matter what the offense is, penetration stops all run games, and we've got to be able to play that way up front. We've got to attack and penetrate and disrupt, and that's going to be critically important in this game.

Q. It seems like the defense has really come together in recent weeks. How much of that has to do with the newer guys like Mike Palmer and Isaiah McDuffie stepping in?
ADDAZIO: Well, I think Isaiah has certainly been playing a lot and developing, and it's kind of like learning as he's going right now. So he's getting -- he's improving each week. Mike Palmer, much the same. I think every team, every unit as the season goes on is, believe it or not, you're still developing your personality and forming it. I think defensively you're seeing that, getting comfortable with the personality of this defense.

But it starts with the physicality and the intensity of how we're playing. I feel like in the last few weeks, we've really picked up our intensity, you know, and maybe that starts because early on some guys were thinking too much maybe, and now we're just playing and reacting a little bit more. So I really like the level of play that we've had over the course of the last few weeks. I think it's really come together well, and I think it's the same on offense.

I mean, I thought we were playing really well on offense early, and at times we really were, but we're playing even more physically and more aggressively now. I mean, we're not just up front blocking people, we're finishing people. It's a mindset, and I'm thrilled. I was a little nervous in the bye week that we would lose a little bit of that. Sometimes you get in a bye week, you have a little momentum going, sometimes that can get away from you just a little bit, and I was a little concerned about that. But we came back into the game, and I thought we picked up right where we left off and kind of took off with that, and that was a topic of conversation we had last night was how good that taste feels and smells, to lock on to that style of play and own it and really want to drive it and continue to improve upon that, so that's something that we're really, really working on.

And here we are now, we've got to go back on the road, and we've got to go on the road, and you've got to sustain -- you've got to exceed that same intensity on the road. It's really hard to go on the road in this conference against a good team and get a win. People I don't think pay enough attention and realize how hard that really is in some of these venues, and of course we all know this is one of those venues.

So it's going to take all of that and more, go down there and have that kind of passionate play. It's all part of this, part of the -- it's a big psychologist part of the week.

Q. You just touched upon the schedule or the conference and how hard it is to win on the road. I don't know if enjoy is the right word, but how much do you enjoy the fact that the league is so tough and the fact that your crossovers are teams like Virginia Tech?
ADDAZIO: Yeah, our permanent crossover is Virginia Tech, and then we got to play Miami as the other one, yeah, I know. That's great.

You know, listen, as a competitor, you love the challenges of all these things, but the reality of it all is that the margin for error gets very, very small, and to sustain that week in and week out is not easy.

Some of these conferences just aren't like that right now. The level of defense isn't like that. And then some sides of some of these conferences are so much less. It's cyclical, and it kind of is what it is, but for us, I can only speak for us. What I see right now, I mean, week in and week out, I mean, we're in those battles. And then one of our non-conference games we're traveling out to the Big Ten to go to west Lafayette to play Purdue at Purdue.

There's no doubt in my mind we play -- and we played Temple here, and I think everybody has seen what Temple was doing. That was a physical football team. I guess every coach likes to stand up here and say we have one of the toughest schedules in the country, but I'd really like to tell you, I think we do. I challenge to see who really has got much of a tougher schedule. I mean, really?

So we've got quite a road ahead of us right now. That's why you've got to really focus in right now on the one thing we have, the main thing, what we have right now is Virginia Tech Saturday at 3:30 down there, and we've really got to have total focus on that. If you don't, you just, boom, it's gone. It gets away from you just like that, and we've had two experiences with that on the road already.

So you know, hopefully you grow and you mature. It's very, very difficult to go on the road anywhere, never mind places like this, and extract a win. You know, thank God I think we've got -- we're playing well right now, and I think we have some older guys, and I think we've had some experience with that right now, be it not as positive as I would have liked it to have been, but experience nonetheless, and we've got to go get this thing.

That's just the way it is.

Q. You mentioned a number of tight ends. Can you just map out how you told them they were going to be used and how that all sort of was addressed?
ADDAZIO: Yeah, I mean, Frank has done a great job with the tight ends. Our goal -- I told you guys, we wanted to be a 12 team, so that we can stay in one grouping the whole game. Every time you substitute, they stand over the ball, so I sometimes get irritated when I see a substituting for really no reason, not because we're changing a grouping, we're just changing a player, and it slows us down.

So that's by design to be in 12, so we can play really, really fast, and with 12 give a multiplicity of styles of offense that you can run, from the power game to the one back game to the spread game, and so that's all by design. And then the ability to target all these guys makes the defense have to defend all of them, and these multiple sets and in these multiple schemes.

So that's our deal. So we've got to be healthy at that position, which is really critical for us, and -- that's been by design, and I think we have some really talented guys.

Q. In terms of the number of snaps you take, what are the responsibilities there for each tight end?
ADDAZIO: Well, I think the biggest thing in preparing that group is the fact that they have to block like an offensive lineman, yet you're asking them to run routes and be involved in the throw game like a receiver. There's such a crossover training operation with those guys that is very difficult, and I think it's easy to lose sight of how fatigued they can get because it's hard to run corner routes and crossing routes and stalk blocking the perimeter, yet at the same time you're blocking a 265-, 275-pound defensive end in this conference.

And so the practice structure has to be so exact because they have to be able to handle all these different job descriptions and get practice at them, and then the physicality of it, and then the mental aspect of it. And one of the things we felt like we could recruit tight ends here, and I think we've been right that we can. We can recruit some tough guys at that position, and we have to have smart guys at that position because mentally there's a lot to playing the tight end here. There's a lot going on every snap for those tight ends. They're all over the place, just sheer alignments alone, you've got to be a bright guy, and we have some real bright guys playing at that position right now. They're participate.

That's an important deal for us. That's kind of what makes us go, and then that allows our quarterback, our running back and everybody to kind of fit into where -- how we want to do things here. But without those tight ends, playing in 12 isn't going to do anything with you.

Q. Misdirection with the tight ends, how did that come about?
ADDAZIO: Oh, it was just Scott and -- did a great job, and the offensive staff, and I think every -- just trying to put in a bunch of different stuff in there to utilize against different defenses, you know, whether they be misdirections, perimeter sweeps, all kinds of stuff going on, really. That's what I'm saying, it's mentally such a hard position to play really for us.

Q. I know you guys are locked in right now, as you've said, but on Friday night fans were staying until the third or fourth quarter, which hasn't always been the case. Is that something you guys have noticed, and do you feed off of that?
ADDAZIO: Well, I can tell you this: The energy in the stadium on Friday night was fantastic. I mean, I just thought it was a great energy, a great atmosphere. Pregame, during the game, postgame, I thought our -- I thought the fan experience, I thought the energy level, the engagement was fantastic. I mean, it was a big-time atmosphere. You know, of course the bandanna game is a big part of that, but I thought that -- I mean, if you couldn't enjoy that, if you couldn't have fun in that, then you're probably not going to have much fun. I don't know what to tell you. But you got it all. There was great defense, great offense, great special teams. There was big-time atmosphere. It was two good teams going after each other. Fantastic. Some day in my next life I'm going to come back and be one of those people in the stands and take all that in and enjoy it a little bit. Just like sometimes I walk down that walk and I smell the cooking hamburgers, and I think one day I'm going to be one of those guys over there having a burger and a beverage and just enjoying the heck out of myself not having my stomach tied up in 13 different knots. That will be a heck of a deal, man. Yelling, run this, do that, having fun, man. It's awesome. I think it's great.

Friday night here was fantastic. Friday night was fantastic. I hope every Friday night or Saturday afternoon or Saturday evening here in the Heights is every bit of that and more, because that's cool, that's fun for everybody, and I don't know what else anybody else could be doing, because that was really exciting. You're a sports fan, you're a football fan, the next time we come home, I hope that just grows and grows and gets better and better and catches on and just becomes the culture here at BC, and that will be really, really cool. Hope that's the way it is.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:32 pm

Is Lukas Denis playing hurt? Wasn't on the stat sheet at all.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:21 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:this is all shaping up nicely for the 2nd kick in the groin game of the year... and i think it may actually hurt more than the kick in the groin from purdue

I'm super nervous about this game. :pontif
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:23 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:Is Lukas Denis playing hurt? Wasn't on the stat sheet at all.

I was wondering if he was hurt because I didn't remember hearing his name. Hope he's okay.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:57 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:Is Lukas Denis playing hurt? Wasn't on the stat sheet at all.

I was wondering if he was hurt because I didn't remember hearing his name. Hope he's okay.

Odd that Daz was asked twice about Hunter Long but not once about Denis.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:14 pm

BC as a road favorite in Blacksburg coached by Daz is going to end very poorly.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:24 pm

This feels like a dick kick game. Of course, Tech might be so bad they can't even pull that off. None of their wins looks impressive at this stage in the season, and UNC and ODU are bad, bad losses
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:06 am

I am not liking that Daz wants to expand the amount of carries that AJ will have. He appears to be on the verge of reverting back to his run, run, pass, punt offense and learned nothing from his success against Miami. I think that 30 carries for AJ is plenty. Let's not overuse him so much that he gets injured.... again.

"After missing two starts with an ankle injury, BC tailback AJ Dillon rushed for 149 yards on 32 carries and a touchdown in last Friday night’s 27-14 win over Miami.

Addazio wants to expand Dillon’s workload against Virginia Tech, which has the 10th-ranked rushing defense (216.2 yards per game) in four ACC games. Tech’s ranking was skewed by last Thursday night’s 49-28 home loss to Georgia Tech, in which the Yellow Jackets employed their triple-option ground game that churned out 465 rushing yards." http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... ne_stadium
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:57 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:I am not liking that Daz wants to expand the amount of carries that AJ will have. He appears to be on the verge of reverting back to his run, run, pass, punt offense and learned nothing from his success against Miami. I think that 30 carries for AJ is plenty. Let's not overuse him so much that he gets injured.... again.

"After missing two starts with an ankle injury, BC tailback AJ Dillon rushed for 149 yards on 32 carries and a touchdown in last Friday night’s 27-14 win over Miami.

Addazio wants to expand Dillon’s workload against Virginia Tech, which has the 10th-ranked rushing defense (216.2 yards per game) in four ACC games. Tech’s ranking was skewed by last Thursday night’s 49-28 home loss to Georgia Tech, in which the Yellow Jackets employed their triple-option ground game that churned out 465 rushing yards." http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... ne_stadium

This is what he actually said:

"No, I wouldn't dial that back. I think we're going to -- he's a great player, and we're going to feed him the ball. That's the way it's going to go. I mean, if the number is 30, it's 30. If it's 40, it's 40. If it's -- if he's struggling, maybe it's less. It's whatever the situation dictates.

But we want to get the ball in the hands of the best players on the field for sure. We had a lot of different people touch the ball in that game. We had like nine different receivers. A lot of people touched the ball, and we're going to keep doing that, but the one constant is going to be that he's a workhorse, and we're going to feed him the ball. I thought what he did Saturday was remarkable considering he is come off that injury. He had a very significant injury, and for him to come in like that and carry and -- those are physical 30 carries. Those were physical. I thought he did a fantastic job with it, and he came out of that game feeling really good.

You know, hopefully we can stay there."

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:57 pm

#22 in the CFPR!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:01 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:#22 in the CFPR!

first CFP ranking ever!!!!!!!!!!!

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:38 pm

Any news on L Denis?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:17 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Any news on L Denis?

I believe Daz's next media availability would be tomorrow. Now whether the writers ask about his status is another question.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:20 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Any news on L Denis?

I believe Daz's next media availability would be tomorrow. Now whether the writers ask about his status is another question.

How about from our man in the showers - eepstein0!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:34 pm

I'm guessing there must be a TE article coming up in the papers:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:45 pm

I was having a conversation with a classmate of mine this evening and he said when we were at BC or in the years immediately thereafter, did you ever think there would be a year where we would stomp on Miami, be favored at Magical Lane Stadium and we’re a lead pipe cinch favorite to dick stomp FSU for the second year in a row. I chuckled a bit and then realized that VaTech was going to punch us right in the cock. The only thing that could save us is The Swoff wanting to have a “marquis match up” for Clemson and to give Clemson a potential excuse if they end up losing to us on a freezing cold day. But I don’t even think the general corruption of the ACC can save us.

All I really need to make this experience complete is to have Jim Ross doing the play by play and to suddenly shout out “My God, Is that Diamond Ferri’s music?” Such will be the cock punching I expect us to receive.*

*If we do survive VaTech, pull an upset for the ages against Clemson and prison rape FSU, I have absolute faith that Diamond Ferri will be back at Alumni on the 24th and it will go as well as it did back in days of yore. Diamond Ferri is our Rollo Tomasi.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium