Week 8 other games thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Week 8 other games thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Not that it makes me less angry about our loss, but Purdue looks much better than RCC at this point

Purdue is a far worse loss. That conference is dogshit.

this applies to rcc/the acc as well

unless, of course, we want to pull an old-school yukon/rutgres and talk about how awesome our conference is (it isn’t) because having the clemson in it somehow makes us better (it doesn’t)

RCC is not good either, but without Dillon you can justify that loss.

No. We lost that game because our meathead coach didn't play Bailey saying "it wasn't the right situation for him" or whatever that fucking idiot said last week. He burnt two of Bailey's redshirt games against umass and HC at the start of the season. I can see letting him play one of those games to get some carries under his belt but not both.

He said the same sort of thing about AJD in the beginning of last season. It highlights one of the Dazzler's biggest flaws as a gameday coach: he is WAY too cautious.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:04 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Not that it makes me less angry about our loss, but Purdue looks much better than RCC at this point

unless, of course, we want to pull an old-school yukon/rutgres and talk about how awesome our conference is (it isn’t) because having the clemson in it somehow makes us better (it doesn’t)

No. We lost that game because our meathead coach didn't play Bailey saying "it wasn't the right situation for him" or whatever that fucking idiot said last week. He burnt two of Bailey's redshirt games against umass and HC at the start of the season. I can see letting him play one of those games to get some carries under his belt but not both.

We lost the Purdue game because the players suck. Why is it "bad coaching" when opposing tailbacks run right over BC defensive tackles on every single third down? I don't see how "bad coaching" could possibly be the reason why a returning starting QB gets four of his passes BLOCKED at the line of scrimmage by a fat defensive lineman (who could never get scholarship offers at REAL Big-Ten schools), and in two of those blocks they result in interceptions (one for a pick-six.) How is "bad coaching" to be blamed there?

The coach is to be blamed for his lack of recruiting true ACC caliber athletes. As I see it, one defensive back, a couple defensive ends, one tight end, one or two offensive linemen, and 3 running backs are the ONLY players that start/play for this team that would have been recruited by any of the other Atlantic division teams. Fuck everything else. The coach is forced to make do with making-do. But all of this is his OWN making since he can't do what TOBY always complained to us about what he was doing, sell a true blue-chip athlete on BC without promising a blue-chip that the young man gets start at whatever position he wants (thereby forcing one or two of his former shit-ball recruits who just lost their starting positions to instantly transfer to another school.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Have another drink.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:33 pm

If Purdue beating Ohio State makes you feel any different about the loss to Purdue, you are retarded. You might even be btarded
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:54 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:If Purdue beating Ohio State makes you feel any different about the loss to Purdue, you are retarded. You might even be btarded

and not even innocently btarded
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:06 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

We lost the Purdue game because the players suck. Why is it "bad coaching" when opposing tailbacks run right over BC defensive tackles on every single third down? I don't see how "bad coaching" could possibly be the reason why a returning starting QB gets four of his passes BLOCKED at the line of scrimmage by a fat defensive lineman (who could never get scholarship offers at REAL Big-Ten schools), and in two of those blocks they result in interceptions (one for a pick-six.) How is "bad coaching" to be blamed there?

The coach is to be blamed for his lack of recruiting true ACC caliber athletes. As I see it, one defensive back, a couple defensive ends, one tight end, one or two offensive linemen, and 3 running backs are the ONLY players that start/play for this team that would have been recruited by any of the other Atlantic division teams. Fuck everything else. The coach is forced to make do with making-do. But all of this is his OWN making since he can't do what TOBY always complained to us about what he was doing, sell a true blue-chip athlete on BC without promising a blue-chip that the young man gets start at whatever position he wants (thereby forcing one or two of his former shit-ball recruits who just lost their starting positions to instantly transfer to another school.)

You are stupid.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:07 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:If Purdue beating Ohio State makes you feel any different about the loss to Purdue, you are retarded. You might even be btarded

This. Terrible loss.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Darren6 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:58 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I would love to see our run, run, pass, punt offense against LSU. Would be hilarious.

I know scheduling is done so far out now, but would love for BC to make a trip to Baton Rouge. It's a gameday atmosphere unlike no other. As for what would happen right now between them, LSU would bottle up the run and Brown would struggle hard against the best secondary in CFB.
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:05 am

Darren6 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I would love to see our run, run, pass, punt offense against LSU. Would be hilarious.

I know scheduling is done so far out now, but would love for BC to make a trip to Baton Rouge. It's a gameday atmosphere unlike no other. As for what would happen right now between them, LSU would bottle up the run and Brown would struggle hard against the best secondary in CFB.

Game wouldn't be close but the tailgating would def be fun.
I'd also like to see us play at The Grove... there would be legendary tailgating and the game would be much closer.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:13 am

iwnh, these SEC schools essentially never play road OOC games

bama has gone on road 1x in 2010s (at Ped state)
lsu 2x (wvu & cuse for some reason which maybe our new friend can opine on)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Darren6 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:35 pm

I can't speak for other SEC schools, but as an LSU season ticket holder they have played their fair share of OOC road games in the past 18 years, many of which are season-opening neutral site games. LSU certainly gets paid for these contests, but does not gain as much in revenue as if it played a home game in Baton Rouge. For a typical home game, I think LSU clears between $6 -8 million. Since 2002, LSU has played at Virginia Tech, at Arizona, at Arizona State, at Tulane (in NOLA), at Washington, at West Virginia, and at Syracuse. They have played those neutral site games vs UNC, Oregon, TCU, Wisconsin (twice), BYU and Miami. And have upcoming games in the next ten years at Texas, Rice, UCLA, Florida State, Clemson, Oklahoma and Arizona State.
When LSU has OOC teams come to Baton Rouge, they are usually paying a nice sum to those teams, for instance Army is coming in 2023 and getting $1.6 million. What LSU has tried to do is schedule some of the Louisiana state schools (McNeese, Southeastern, ULL, LA Tech, Northwestern) and put that million dollars back into those state schools' programs. When they have gone to some road OOC games, I think they use it as a recruiting tool to hit areas that they really don't get a whole lot of exposure as well as playing the neutral site games in cities where there is a large alumni base.

Would love to see BC come down and get a nice payday and get some exposure to some of this talent here in LA. And there's probably not a whole lot of these kids who have any idea how beautiful a place BC is.
Last edited by Darren6 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby tallsy on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 pm

The Grove is incredibly overrated. It's overcrowded and nowhere to drink if you don't have a slot . It's the Times Square/Hollywood and Highland of college football tailgates.

Also, the talent isn't overwhelming.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium