Week 7 other games thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Week 7 other games thread

Postby bcshater on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:43 am

Looking forward to Wisconsin vs. Michigan in the Big House. Michigan hasn't really played anyone since their lost to ND. Wisconsin has played a better schedule thus far. Spread -7, and I took Michigan in the EO pick'em ( maybe a mistake ).
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Re: Week 7 other games thread

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:36 pm

Rutgres has 2 completions and 5 INTS.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:02 pm

Purdue has now won 3 straight to get to 3-3 after curb stomping Illinois 46-7.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:07 pm

think wisconsin just achieved the vanilla 11 offense
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Washington falls to Oregon in OT
Mich. St. defeats Ped St.
WVU losing to Iowa St.

Michigan tied with Wisconsin 7-7. Would there be more optimism if Don Brown remained at BC? Could we have won either the Purdue or NC. St. game with Brown as DC? Guess we will never know. Brown making a lot more money at Michigan so cannot blame him for making the move.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:35 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:Washington falls to Oregon in OT
WVU losing to Iowa St.

Michigan tied with Wisconsin 7-7. Would there be more optimism if Don Brown remained at BC? Could we have won either the Purdue or NC. St. game with Brown as DC? Guess we will never know. Brown making a lot more money at Michigan so cannot blame him for making the move.

Ryan Day was a bigger loss than Don Brown. BC went 0-8 in the ACC after Ryan Day left, but Don Brown was still the DC.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:49 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
WVU losing to Iowa St.

Ryan Day was a bigger loss than Don Brown. BC went 0-8 in the ACC after Ryan Day left, but Don Brown was still the DC.

Ya but Don Brown....and I do realize that Brown has been gone a couple of years...

•Led BC to second-best rushing defense in the nation (94.5 yards/game) and the 11th-best total defense in the country (324.2 yards/game), good for third in the conference, in 2014 as the Eagles notched seven wins for the second consecutive season.

•Guided the Eagles to allow 21.3 points per game in 2014, third best in the conference and 21st in the nation.

•Coordinated the 2013 Eagle defense to finish among the nation’s leaders in sacks (21st in nation, fifth in conference with 36), tackles for loss (30th in nation, eighth in conference with 88) and red zone defense (30th in nation, third in conference).

•Orchestrated a 600 percent increase in team sack production (36 sacks) and nearly a 200 percent increase in team tackles for loss production (88 tackles for loss) in first season as defensive coordinator at the Heights.

•In his second season, the BC defense recorded 33 sacks (tied for 33rd in the nation and fifth in the ACC) – including five in the victory over No. 9 Southern California – and 74 tackles for loss (tied for 26 in the country and tied for fifth in the conference).
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:53 pm

kwity paye getting a lot of time for michigan
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:06 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
WVU losing to Iowa St.

Ya but Don Brown....and I do realize that Brown has been gone a couple of years...

•Led BC to second-best rushing defense in the nation (94.5 yards/game) and the 11th-best total defense in the country (324.2 yards/game), good for third in the conference, in 2014 as the Eagles notched seven wins for the second consecutive season.

•Guided the Eagles to allow 21.3 points per game in 2014, third best in the conference and 21st in the nation.

•Coordinated the 2013 Eagle defense to finish among the nation’s leaders in sacks (21st in nation, fifth in conference with 36), tackles for loss (30th in nation, eighth in conference with 88) and red zone defense (30th in nation, third in conference).

•Orchestrated a 600 percent increase in team sack production (36 sacks) and nearly a 200 percent increase in team tackles for loss production (88 tackles for loss) in first season as defensive coordinator at the Heights.

•In his second season, the BC defense recorded 33 sacks (tied for 33rd in the nation and fifth in the ACC) – including five in the victory over No. 9 Southern California – and 74 tackles for loss (tied for 26 in the country and tied for fifth in the conference).

Don Brown did some good things, but Ryan Day was more valuable. Ryan Day helped make Andre Williams a Heisman finalist and he ran a nice offense with Tyler Murphy. But ultimately, what matters most is that both Day and Brown were better than their successors.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Los on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:05 pm

IDK, I kinda have to go with Brown as the bigger loss. BC's offense at its best with Ryan Day was still a middle of road, pedestrian offense. Most of that probably had to do with lack of talent at QB and WR, but at the end of the Day we were never scaring anybody with our offense. On the other, the D under Brown was nationally elite for a good portion of his stint here.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium