Official Gameday Thead - BC vs. Temple - 9/29/2018

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thead - BC vs. Temple - 9/29/2018

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:21 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:The team is probably not as good as I thought, but the coaching just kneecaps them at every opportunity

Yeah, they're not good - made worse by a bunch of monkeys "coaching" this team.

Monkeys? Coach Chimp was actually competent. The Heinz Hammer and staff are definitely below primate-level when it comes to strategy.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby ricosuave on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:23 pm

We feel like the inferior team to be honest. If not for a lucky bounce on the first INT and some idiotic targeting shit by Temple we'd probably be losing.
ricosuave
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:23 pm

Maybe there's a reason no other team in America runs out of a goal line package 30 times a game
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:23 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Maybe there's a reason no other team in America runs out of a goal line package 30 times a game

This
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Iggle on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:26 pm

why am I still watching this game
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby ricosuave on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:27 pm

Can we move Petrula back to center now? A hold on Baker then on 2nd down he loses his man and it flushes Brown.
ricosuave
Carney Hall

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:27 pm

Brown had 10 yards in front net of him... then threw into triple coverage
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:27 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:The team is probably not as good as I thought, but the coaching just kneecaps them at every opportunity

They really aren't not good. It's the same team that rolled everyone away the end of last season. Unless you think Wade was the difference. Its 1000% philosophy and coaching. This team is unprepared, sloppy, and look disinterested.

The coaching deficiencies are a given. But at some point, you have to dial back on the "talent" argument when you see repetition of the same film loop game after game, on BOTH offense and defense.

They are in danger here...a real WTF potential loss after trying to nurse a 10 pt. lead going back to the 6 min. mark of the third quarter. Now just 3.
Last edited by eagletx on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:28 pm

Brown is really bad.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:29 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

They really aren't not good. It's the same team that rolled everyone away the end of last season. Unless you think Wade was the difference. Its 1000% philosophy and coaching. This team is unprepared, sloppy, and look disinterested.

The coaching deficiencies are a given. But at some point, you have to dial back on the "talent" argument when you see repetition of the same film loop game after game, on BOTH offense and defense.

They are in danger here...a real WTF loss after trying to nurse a 10 pt. lead going back to the 6 min. mark of the third quarter.

No you don't. It's the same players. This is all terrible coaching with injury excuses.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

They really are not very good. Brown fucking suxks. Oline looks average when they were supposed to be excellent. D has given up a lot of points. Sure, schemes and play calling aucks, but the mediocrity of our talent is unable to overcome the Saturday afternoon special needs bowlers that our coaches are.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:30 pm

Embarrassing performance.
Just hope we can get lucky and sneak out of here with a win.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

They are in danger here...a real WTF loss after trying to nurse a 10 pt. lead going back to the 6 min. mark of the third quarter.

No you don't. It's the same players. This is all terrible coaching with injury excuses.

Yeah the team is pretty good, just not good enough to overcome whatever the fuck it is that Addazio does here
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:31 pm

I'll make same case now that I did last week....after what you've seen through 3 quarters, why not make a switch at QB to try a spark? What do you have to lose (except the game)?
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:33 pm

Zach Allen is really keeping us in this game
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:33 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Yeah the team is pretty good, just not good enough to overcome whatever the fuck it is that Addazio does here

This. They aren't Clemson, they can't overcome a moron coach.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:34 pm

:gun
eagletx {l Wrote}:I'll make same case now that I did last week....after what you've seen through 3 quarters, why not make a switch at QB to try a spark? What do you have to lose (except the game)?

Brown is definitely better than Perry and probably McDonald.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:36 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}::gun
eagletx {l Wrote}:I'll make same case now that I did last week....after what you've seen through 3 quarters, why not make a switch at QB to try a spark? What do you have to lose (except the game)?

I think McDonald has talent, but his delivery is atrocious
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:37 pm

Love that Glines gets all the calls Dillon should have been getting
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby ricosuave on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:40 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Love that Glines gets all the calls Dillon should have been getting

Seriously the run game looks so much better. These are attacking runs off the snap not slow-developing shit to the sideline.
ricosuave
Carney Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

I guess it may depend in part how good you think Purdue and Temple really are. If they turn out to be .500 teams, then I think you can question the talent level. There is not a gimme the rest of the way based on whst I've seen.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:42 pm

People here stomping bleachers with BC on offense 4th and goal. Fucking morons. Good thing there are only 80 people left.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Just curious where your insight is coming from?
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:44 pm

It's not going to matter, but how do you snap the ball with 35 seconds on the play clock?
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:44 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

I guess it may depend in part how good you think Purdue and Temple really are. If they turn out to be .500 teams, then I think you can question the talent level. There is not a gimme the rest of the way based on whst I've seen.

BC didn't play the way they did last week because of talent. Making excuses. They're talented enough to win every game. They might get 8.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:44 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:

Just curious where your insight is coming from?

Watching them throw.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:49 pm

With slash guys like Smith / Glines / etc., I feel like there should be so much flexibility and creativity in our plays.
I know end of the game clinging to a lead may not be the time to call it, but where was it earlier in the game? (Other than the philly special). This game should not be close.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

BC didn't play the way they did last week because of talent. Making excuses. They're talented enough to win every game. They might get 8.

OK...whatever....your talent assessments clearly are based on factors that have yet to exhibit themselves on the field of play in now three games against opponents that most thought were gimmes this year.

Thst said, I hope that the AD shares your viewpoint, as it should assure Addazio will get canned if they continue this level of play despite all that talent.
Last edited by eagletx on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Glines 23/120/1... he’d get my game ball for this game.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:57 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

OK...whatever....your talent assessments clearly are based on factors that have yet to exhibit themselves on the field of play in now three games against opponents that most thought were gimmes this year.

They have an NFL running back that isn't running well against terrible teams. Im assuming that's playcalling and not that he lost his talent.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium