Addazio post game remarks in brief

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Addazio post game remarks in brief

Postby eagletx on Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:38 pm

On over confidence:
"I thought about that and worry about that but I can't look you in the eye and say that was the case".
On preparation:
" We had prepared well and had a great week...I am blown off my seat. "

(Remarks posted by Boston Herald)

I am looking forward to his full presser remarks tomorrow...should be dilly-dilly.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Re: Addazio post game remarks in brief

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:09 pm

I really hope one of the reporters make him cry or take a swing and her
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:50 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:On over confidence:
"I thought about that and worry about that but I can't look you in the eye and say that was the case".
On preparation:

I am looking forward to his full presser remarks tomorrow...should be dilly-dilly.

Another quote from ESPN:

"Purdue played like a team with their back against the wall. They made plays they needed to make," Boston College coach Steve Adazzio said. "I don't know what happened. We had the best week of practice we've had all season. If we weren't ready, that's on me."

P.s. why not put this in the game day thread?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:55 pm

I am no longer laughing at the idea of giving EJ Perry a chance. If Anthony Brown gets off to a rough start again next week, then you have to give EJ a chance. I thought BC could work in some running plays for AB, but it doesn't seem like that's an option.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:14 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I am no longer laughing at the idea of giving EJ Perry a chance. If Anthony Brown gets off to a rough start again next week, then you have to give EJ a chance. I thought BC could work in some running plays for AB, but it doesn't seem like that's an option.

Does wade have eligibility?

If Perry is your solution, you're fucked. He should never start a game here.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I am no longer laughing at the idea of giving EJ Perry a chance. If Anthony Brown gets off to a rough start again next week, then you have to give EJ a chance. I thought BC could work in some running plays for AB, but it doesn't seem like that's an option.

Both Brown and Perry are better than 3rd string at Delaware.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:20 pm

If we start EJ Perry we are in major trouble. His throw late in the game was Flutie Wounded Duck
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:22 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

If we start EJ Perry we are in major trouble. His throw late in the game was Flutie Wounded Duck

Eh, you're probably right. But he did throw a nice ball to CJ Lewis against the high school program in week 2.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Addazio e una minchia sporca. Va fanculo stronzo di merda

/arms waving furiously
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:49 pm

Addazio highlights:
-Rebuilding the roster
-Taking a 2-10 team (really should have been 1-11 but for Maryland playing a converted WR at QB) and going 7-5 in his first year.
-Beating #9 USC, but USC ended the season unranked.
-Beating FSU 35-3. FSU was bad, but still an accomplishment given FSU's talent level and margin of victory.
-Two wins over VT in his first two years

Lowlights:
-0-8 in the ACC in 2015
-2-6 in the ACC in 2016
-Losing to VT 49-0 in 2016 - I believe that is the worst loss in program history, but I could be mistaken
-Losing to Clemson 56-10 in 2016
-3-0 loss to WF in one of the ugliest games I've ever seen
-Dominated by an 0-3 Purdue team in 2018
-Bad QB recruits

Overall, not good.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:23 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No. Perry is a bad high school qb. Brown is just inaccurate.

Joe Flacco played at Delaware, who might challenge Purdue.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:24 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Eh, you're probably right. But he did throw a nice ball to CJ Lewis against the high school program in week 2.

And yet McDonald was far better in same hs game.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Give up on the Wade stuff. He's 3rd string at an FCS school.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

McDonald has an awkward release and I'm not sold on his skills. Neither Perry nor McDonald had any other major offers so perhaps one of the two freshmen QBs might offer something more.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:36 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Give up on the Wade stuff. He's 3rd string at an FCS school.

So is Perry, that's the sad part.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:37 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

McDonald has an awkward release and I'm not sold on his skills. Neither Perry nor McDonald had any other major offers so perhaps one of the two freshmen QBs might offer something more.

You are kind of an idiot with an awkward release.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:48 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

You are kind of an idiot with an awkward release.

I'm sure Darius looks awkward while sitting on the bench as the 3rd stringer for Delaware.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:44 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
On preparation:

Another quote from ESPN:

"Purdue played like a team with their back against the wall. They made plays they needed to make," Boston College coach Steve Adazzio said. "I don't know what happened. We had the best week of practice we've had all season. If we weren't ready, that's on me."

I think the difference between this week and all others is that Dazoo had time to reverse-Midas touch the offense. Stupid people over-complicate things... and, Daz is among the stupidest.

The getting Dillon on the edge was the dumbest idea pretty much ever. Daz built this OL to be hat-on-hat, beat your man for your piece of turf, old school football. It is not built for zone blocking where they sprint 20 yards block guys in designated areas and let the back take time and read the blocks. It’s like he saw Clawson’s delay handoff and threw it in to the Purdue game plan. Further, when a team over-commits to the run, they want to stretch plays horizontally because they have numbers in pursuit. Dillon never got to force the DBs to make a tackle, because the DEs and LBs were all flowing to the ball. Also, Purdue was pretty much always blitzing a safety. This permanently closed the boundary and was a prevent for the Brown play-action rollout. The counter to this should have been dives and counters up the middle and passes from the pocket... especially those over-the-top where the blitzing safety should be. Purdue had to be laughing at their good fortune that we continued to run the exact plays their defensive scheme was meant to stop.

My fear is that Daz, instead of realizing that HE was the fucking problem this week, decides to “roll-up his sleeves” and gets to work at “fixing” the suddenly apparent problems. Look for our gym-teacher to suddenly throw in a read option offense this week with MacDonald and Perry holding up huge weird signs that has Lee Corso’s face on it. The rash thrashing about of offensive schemes is exactly what happened after Wade went down against FSU. Instead of simply using the Tyler Murphy running game with Jeff Smith, he went bipolar and thrashed between multiple different systems week-to-week. Mark my words... he does something like that again, we win 6 games and he’s fired.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:09 am

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:21 am

Not going to watch Addazio's post-game remarks because I've just eaten a large lunch and regurgitating it would probably be rude to my chef and my maid, and when they're unhappy the driver and butler tend to be unhappy too, and that's a lot of negativity to handle around the house, but did the Dazzler explicitly tell BC fans to dust off their apple baskets and start researching orchards that are open on Saturdays? Or was it one of those things where the game itself made saying it aloud unnecessary?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:41 am

HJS {l Wrote}:... he does something like that again, we win 6 games and he’s fired.

I hope he does it again.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Thornton Melon on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:07 pm

Daz is putting all the fixes for this mess on himself. He's going to fix it.

I'd say it's time to lower the over under on this years win total. Only way this team can win anything is for Daz to stay out of it and just wear his cheerleader outfit.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:Daz is putting all the fixes for this mess on himself. He's going to fix it.

I'd say it's time to lower the over under on this years win total. Only way this team can win anything is for Daz to stay out of it and just wear his cheerleader outfit.

At the beginning of the season, I said 8-4. I certainly hope they beat Temple. If they do then, yes, probably still 8-4. That sounds about right for a team with this kind of talent on it. And this year's team is probably at least as talented as what Addazio had in 2014, particularly on the offensive and defensive line. And they should have gone 8-4 in 2014.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

This. Your best post ever Hanson - well done. 74 used to do this. I am guessing that eagletx and DrJackRyan drive really big pickup trucks.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:06 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}: stronzo di merda

Not to nitpick but isn't this redundant?

merda's obviously literal shit but I always thought stronzo was specifically a turd resting (sunk?) in the bowl. Sunken turd of shit? I mean maybe Daz warrants the redundancy?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:54 pm

similar to those cheap-o tshirts from a run of the mill tourist shop on 8th street before it changed over the years: "F**k you you f**king f**k", you've prob seen it.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:31 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
On preparation:

Another quote from ESPN:

I think the difference between this week and all others is that Dazoo had time to reverse-Midas touch the offense. Stupid people over-complicate things... and, Daz is among the stupidest.

The getting Dillon on the edge was the dumbest idea pretty much ever. Daz built this OL to be hat-on-hat, beat your man for your piece of turf, old school football. It is not built for zone blocking where they sprint 20 yards block guys in designated areas and let the back take time and read the blocks. It’s like he saw Clawson’s delay handoff and threw it in to the Purdue game plan. Further, when a team over-commits to the run, they want to stretch plays horizontally because they have numbers in pursuit. Dillon never got to force the DBs to make a tackle, because the DEs and LBs were all flowing to the ball. Also, Purdue was pretty much always blitzing a safety. This permanently closed the boundary and was a prevent for the Brown play-action rollout. The counter to this should have been dives and counters up the middle and passes from the pocket... especially those over-the-top where the blitzing safety should be. Purdue had to be laughing at their good fortune that we continued to run the exact plays their defensive scheme was meant to stop.

My fear is that Daz, instead of realizing that HE was the fucking problem this week, decides to “roll-up his sleeves” and gets to work at “fixing” the suddenly apparent problems. Look for our gym-teacher to suddenly throw in a read option offense this week with MacDonald and Perry holding up huge weird signs that has Lee Corso’s face on it. The rash thrashing about of offensive schemes is exactly what happened after Wade went down against FSU. Instead of simply using the Tyler Murphy running game with Jeff Smith, he went bipolar and thrashed between multiple different systems week-to-week. Mark my words... he does something like that again, we win 6 games and he’s fired.

Ultimately, I am in violent agreement with you. I posted early early on my opinion that Addazio has no idea of the kind of program he wants to run this being year 6. When you are committed to nothing, the prospect of his "fixing it" is frightening and smacks of trying to throw something against the wall and hoping it sticks. This is year 6 of the program he said would be competitive for ACC Championship in year 5. And yet, here we are searching for answers. Winning, more to the point, HOW to win, is not in Addazio's DNA. Way back in the day, BC football was predicated on occasionally playing a name program to keep fans interested, maybe even stealing a win here or there. Addazio is running a glorified version of that, selling 7 win seasons and phony bowl games as program success.

I give him credit for personnel upgrades. Alas, its all for naught if you can't manage the assets.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Los on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:16 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Addazio highlights:
-Losing to VT 49-0 in 2016 - I believe that is the worst loss in program history, but I could be mistaken

Syracuse 2004 is the worst loss in program history, irregardless of score.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium