Attendance

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Attendance

Postby DrJackRyan on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:37 pm

Just heard Brent Musberger say that the home crowd at Cinci was a record...35,000.

Anyone watch the U vs Virginia today? Lots of empty seats.

Not saying that we should be proud of our attendance figures, but it seems there are lots of worse places.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Re: Attendance

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:00 am

The attendance at the BC game next week at UVA is going to be terrible. I'm planning on picking up a free ticket outside Scott Stadium.

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Just heard Brent Musberger say that the home crowd at Cinci was a record...35,000.

Not saying that we should be proud of our attendance figures, but it seems there are lots of worse places.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:22 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Just heard Brent Musberger say that the home crowd at Cinci was a record...35,000.

I don't believe Cinci's stadium holds anymore than 35K. Then again, they said it was the highest attendance of the year. Even if BC was still in the Big East, Alumni would be mostly full if the team was undefeated and ranked in the top 5. The U plays in a large stadium, so not sure how many were actually there. Their alumni base is spread out moreso than BC's, so they rely on the local d-bags and they only jump on The U Bandwagon when they're very good.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:41 am

BC @ UNC last year was horrific too. MAYBE 2/3 full
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:46 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
UCincinnati is really the UMass Boston of the Ohio state system, although it does have pretty good professional grad schools. Ohio has a huge state system with OSU as the huge flagship, and Miami as the top notch liberal arts school. Miami is really nice, Good school, beautiful campus. And then there is a slew of semi independent state universities everywhere. And they all seem to have med schools.

Miami is a very nice campus. I wasn't a huge fan of the place when I visited--it seemed a little bit fratty for my taste--but it's very pretty, and my high school sends a handful of kids there every year, and usually a few to Xavier. Tellingly, even though it's about an hour and a quarter from my hometown, I've never known anyone who went to UC.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:36 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
UCincinnati is really the UMass Boston of the Ohio state system, although it does have pretty good professional grad schools. Ohio has a huge state system with OSU as the huge flagship, and Miami as the top notch liberal arts school. Miami is really nice, Good school, beautiful campus. And then there is a slew of semi independent state universities everywhere. And they all seem to have med schools.

Miami is a very nice campus. I wasn't a huge fan of the place when I visited--it seemed a little bit fratty for my taste--but it's very pretty, and my high school sends a handful of kids there every year, and usually a few to Xavier. Tellingly, even though it's about an hour and a quarter from my hometown, I've never known anyone who went to UC.

Where'd you go to high school?

Lexington Catholic
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:20 pm

At the other end of the spectrum, there were over 110k in middle-of-nowhere Central PA for PSU game.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium