Week 2 Holy Cross

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Week 2 Holy Cross

Postby hansen on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:43 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Thanks Sader, I was just going by the line score and assumed too much. I'm not trying to dump on HC -- I think I'm like most BC fans and just projecting all the uncompetitive FBS games we've had the past decade (only Nova was competitive, in 2013) and adding to the fact we feel BC should be pretty damn good and not expecting much of a game.

Which makes 100% sense since Villanova was a top FCS program to begin with. They won the national title in '09 (I knew they had won one recently but I had to look up the year; I actually thought it had been even sooner than that).
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:25 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Thanks Sader, I was just going by the line score and assumed too much. I'm not trying to dump on HC -- I think I'm like most BC fans and just projecting all the uncompetitive FBS games we've had the past decade (only Nova was competitive, in 2013) and adding to the fact we feel BC should be pretty damn good and not expecting much of a game.

Which makes 100% sense since Villanova was a top FCS program to begin with.

That is because they are coached by a professional wrestler!

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:43 am

Article in the Globe about how this is a waste of a game. https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/coll ... story.html

Curiously, after the Holy Cross series ends in 2020, we have no FCS teams on the calendar. I know FCS games aren't typically scheduled years in advance, but still. Maybe we'll see BC limit the Good-For-New-England games to FBS cupcakes. Not a single FCS team I'd miss. Instead let's just do a rotation of UMass, UConn, Temple, and Buffalo.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:34 am

John Henry already gets too much of my money.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:04 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Article in the Globe about how this is a waste of a game. https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/coll ... story.html

Curiously, after the Holy Cross series ends in 2020, we have no FCS teams on the calendar. I know FCS games aren't typically scheduled years in advance, but still. Maybe we'll see BC limit the Good-For-New-England games to FBS cupcakes. Not a single FCS team I'd miss. Instead let's just do a rotation of UMass, UConn, Temple, and Buffalo.

Apparently, we paid UMass 350K to curb stomp them.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:03 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Article in the Globe about how this is a waste of a game. https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/coll ... story.html

that's the same article i linked 3 posts prior to yours

TIMESTAMP!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i know this article comes from a fairly biased bc alumnus source, but i thought it was a humorous description basically pointing out that the only way holy cross would score was if they scored on themselves (i.e. safety)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/coll ... story.html
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:20 pm

I thought Shaughnessy went to Holy Cross
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:23 pm

oh shit - you're right. with those curly locks i assumed he went to bc
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:06 pm

CHB*'s kid went to Boston College but he went to Holy Cross.

*Carl Everett once told the Globe’s Gordon Edes to “Get out of here and take your Curly-Haired Boyfriend with you.”
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:21 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

BC agreed to play 3 games at Gillette where UMass gets to keep the gate. Why the hell is UMass being compensated for the 3 games at Alumni?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:24 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:CHB*'s kid went to Boston College but he went to Holy Cross.

*Carl Everett once told the Globe’s Gordon Edes to “Get out of here and take your Curly-Haired Boyfriend with you.”

I wonder if he believes in dinosaurs yet.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:CHB*'s kid went to Boston College but he went to Holy Cross.

He was a bit of a trend setter in that regard.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:23 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I'm not even a red sox fan but I will remember that quote for the rest of my life.

p.s. I wonder if militant eagle believes in dinosaurs.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:44 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:oh shit - you're right. with those curly locks i assumed he went to bc

He became a BC fan once his son became a baseball player at BC.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:47 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I'm not even a red sox fan but I will remember that quote for the rest of my life.

p.s. I wonder if militant eagle believes in dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs are still around. They're called birds.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:57 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

BC agreed to play 3 games at Gillette where UMass gets to keep the gate. Why the hell is UMass being compensated for the 3 games at Alumni?

I think its because Gillette is considered "neutral field" and Alumni isn't. More to the point, the gate at Gillette wont be that much.

BC would never agree to play at Hadley.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:00 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

I think its because Gillette is considered "neutral field" and Alumni isn't. More to the point, the gate at Gillette wont be that much.

BC would never agree to play at Hadley.

I was at Gillette is was a pretty good crowd. Kraft let them use the field for free.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:51 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

OSU got 1.7 million from tOSU for their curb stomping... so not bad by those standards.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:09 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:More to the point, the gate at Gillette wont be that much.

No, it was much higher. 30K attended in 2014 and 25K in 2016. Tix were $20.

And before you say anything, the ticket revenue from the sold out club seats more than compensates for the discount tix that went to the students.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:38 am

does ACCN allow watching games later on?
Im going to miss part of the game.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:58 am

likewise i'm missing this one but i believe espn3 allows replays, usually up 24 hours or so after game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:40 am

This is the reason to attend the Holy Cross game. Kudos to the lucky ones who'll be there tmw and buy up everything. So great to see that beautiful logo in all of its glory again.

https://twitter.com/MartinJarmond/statu ... 1921314816
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Los on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:10 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}: Instead let's just do a rotation of UMass, UConn, Temple, and Buffalo.

Temple and...Buffalo?
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:19 pm

Lobby the ACC for 9 conference games, at least 1 P5, and the rest from the group of 5/independents. Expand the playoffs to 8 teams so each P5 champion is automatic, and add the best group of 5 team and two at large. That way you can play a really tough out of conference schedule and it doesn't matter much if you lose as long as you win the conference.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:57 pm

I approve of the return of the old logo.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium