BC vs. UMass - Official Gameday Thead - 9/1/2018

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC vs. UMass - Official Gameday Thead - 9/1/2018

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Jesus

I know bc has upped their admission standards but come on

He’s going to go for 15-130-2 or something next week, knowing dazoo you’ll get plenty of 35 carry games in October and November
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:17 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:You dominate against VT, the Clemson, Miami, FSU no one will give a shit about what he did against UMass.

agreed. Three 200 yard games in weeks 7-9 will put him right in there.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Bullshit. For him to win he needs those 200 yard performances along with 7 or so 100 yard performance with a TD or two. Daz completely fucked him today.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:48 pm

UMass has a white QB wearing a doorag.
That is all.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:59 pm

12 players have gotten carries today
Apparently, fadule even got some (3 for 1 yard) but I missed that.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Bullshit. For him to win he needs those 200 yard performances along with 7 or so 100 yard performance with a TD or two. Daz completely fucked him today.

This. You don't win Heismans getting your TDs taken away and going for 98 on UMass. You probably win more games though.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Relax yourself Daz.
It’s 55-21 with 14 of their points scored in garbage time.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:09 pm

622 yards, 5th most in school history.
How much are we going to lay on Holy Cross?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Bullshit. For him to win he needs those 200 yard performances along with 7 or so 100 yard performance with a TD or two. Daz completely fucked him today.

This. You don't win Heismans getting your TDs taken away and going for 98 on UMass. You probably win more games though.

Yup. Throw in the 2 jones TDs and he breaks 100 yards and has 3 total TDS. Bizarre really
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Im fine with it frankly, but that wasn't good for Dillon. Good for depth building on a very good football team however.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Fuck the Heisman. It's a pipe dream that would probably require a BC playoff appearance. It's not happening.

But I do really want BC to take the next step this year, go toe-to-toe with everyone on the schedule, including Clemson, and win 10 games. You don't do that by having Dillon taking unnecessary hits in blowout preseason games.

Heisman finalist was always the most realistic best case scenario, and as said above, stay healthy, win games and shine in November and he'll be there regardless of the September stats.

:screamyeagle :chewbanka :screamyeagle :chewbanka :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:22 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Fuck the Heisman. It's a pipe dream that would probably require a BC playoff appearance. It's not happening.

But I do really want BC to take the next step this year, go toe-to-toe with everyone on the schedule, including Clemson, and win 10 games. You don't do that by having Dillon taking unnecessary hits in blowout preseason games.

Heisman finalist was always the most realistic best case scenario, and as said above, stay healthy, win games and shine in November and he'll be there regardless of the September stats.

This is really not true.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Fuck the Heisman. It's a pipe dream that would probably require a BC playoff appearance. It's not happening.

This is really not true.

So 100 yds rushing and a TD reception in one half of play in the first game of the season means he has no chance for the heisman. lol
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:01 pm

This Dillon debate is crazy even by EO standards
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:This Dillon debate is crazy even by EO standards

Agreed. It is crazy by EO standards. No Dick, Addazio did not fuck A J Dillon out of the Heisman today. Today at least, the man we want fired did his job.

The game college football has changed since 1985. In order for a school like BC to get another Heisman winner, the following things must happen:
  • BC needs to go 12 - 0
  • BC needs to win the ACC Championship
  • BC needs to at least play for the National Championship
  • and A J Dillon needs to be the biggest part of that

So far, everything is on schedule. And after next week, provided Dillion makes and appearance and it is obvious that he can get as many yards as he wants, things will still be "on schedule." But lets at least get BC to 7-0 before anyone even mentions A J Dillon and Heisman in the same sentence. But I have to admit, I love the enthusiasm on the board after BC puts 55 on ZooMass, pound me in the ass prison rape style.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:21 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

Agreed. It is crazy by EO standards. No Dick, Addazio did not fuck A J Dillon out of the Heisman today. Today at least, the man we want fired did his job.

The game college football has changed since 1985. In order for a school like BC to get another Heisman winner, the following things must happen:
  • BC needs to go 12 - 0

So far, everything is on schedule. And after next week, provided Dillion makes and appearance and it is obvious that he can get as many yards as he wants, things will still be "on schedule." But lets at least get BC to 7-0 before anyone even mentions A J Dillon and Heisman in the same sentence. But I have to admit, I love the enthusiasm on the board after BC puts 55 on ZooMass, pound me in the ass prison rape style.

If Dillon got hurt in a 48-7 game you all would’ve rightfully flipped
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

• BC needs to go 12 - 0

So far, everything is on schedule. And after next week, provided Dillion makes and appearance and it is obvious that he can get as many yards as he wants, things will still be "on schedule." But lets at least get BC to 7-0 before anyone even mentions A J Dillon and Heisman in the same sentencing e. But I have to admit, I love the enthusiasm on the board after BC puts 55 on ZooMass, pound me in the ass prison rape style.

Correct. But does not explain the Jones goal line carries.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Maybe, but the Heisman is all about marketing because so few of the voters actually watch the games. Today was not a good day for the campaign and Daz ought to be aware of that. The fact is, BC should be 7-0 when they play Miami and it would be nice to have AJ north of 1000 yards when that game was played with the hype off the charts. That is the only way AJ can win and a good coach would be aware of that when the game is salted away. The bottom line is he is now off schedule and it did not have to happen. Fuck Daz and the collection of Daz apologists.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:45 pm

1st and Toal is predictable, not to mention there is not a back I would trust more on the goal line than AJ Dillon. I was happy for Jones, but I don't want this to become a thing. But relatively speaking, it's a nice thing to be complaining about after Week 1.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Maybe, but the Heisman is all about marketing because so few of the voters actually watch the games. Today was not a good day for the campaign and Daz ought to be aware of that. The fact is, BC should be 7-0 when they play Miami and it would be nice to have AJ north of 1000 yards when that game was played with the hype off the charts. That is the only way AJ can win and a good coach would be aware of that when the game is salted away. The bottom line is he is now off schedule and it did not have to happen. Fuck Daz and the collection of Daz apologists.

Mostly agree. If Dillon has 105 yards rushing and two 6’s on the ground as well as the receiving 6, its absolutely fine that he sits the second half.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:46 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:53 pm

I know it’s UMass but Anthony Brown looked real good today.

I was also fine with the decision to sit out AB and AJ after blowing out UMass in the first half. There’s still plenty of football to play and you don’t want any risk of injury when you are winning that big. We got to keep our first team fresh while developing our depth.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:03 pm

Why did the students stop counting after each score? I didn't see people being thrown in the air either (unless I missed it). Glad to see the student section was full, but where are your superfan shirts nerds???
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:23 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

• BC needs to go 12 - 0

Exactly right. The people who are now calling for Addazio's head for not playing AJ enough, would be calling for his head for playing him too much.

1-0, 55 points. Its all good.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:13 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

• BC needs to go 12 - 0

Exactly right. The people who are now calling for Addazio's head for not playing AJ enough, would be calling for his head for playing him too much.

1-0, 55 points. Its all good.

That's not the point. We all think it's great for the team. 98 and someone else getting your goal line carries does not make a Heisman, however.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:55 am

The Heisman takes a perfect storm of things to happen. Timing. How other elite players do. How BC does. Media narrative.

This game neither helped or hurt AJ. If anything I think the key is peaking on the media radar at just the right time. As a reminder Andre Williams was a finalist. His first game was against Nova. He ran for 114 against an FBS team.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:56 am

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:21 am

the last time bc had a qb throw more yards than anthony did yesterday: dazoo's first game Rettig vs Nova (285)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:15 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:the last time bc had a qb throw more yards than anthony did yesterday: dazoo's first game Rettig vs Nova (285)

I am sure Addazio wanted to see what kind of a passing game he could rely on if he truly needed it against an opponent at a future date. I think he was thinking ahead.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:32 pm

It was UMass, so don't want to get too carried away, but there's a lot to be optimistic about after that game.

1) Brown looked good. A few bad throws, but also many good ones. And most importantly he hit wide open guys in play action. That's so critical in keeping defenses honest.

2) The TE's looked awesome, which will be a huge weapon. Several times Daz loaded 2 TE's, which looked like a 7 OL set from the old Andre Williams games. A hurry up stacked formation with the option of an AJ Dillon run or multiple TE's on play action will give a lot of teams headaches. Maybe even Clemson's D. That's a unique attack.

3) Perry looked solid. Again, making quick decisions, getting the ball out and hitting open receivers. Promising.

Oh, and it's week 1 and all, but Wake, Purdue and NCST all look very beatable. 6-0 very possible.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium