Can TOB Finally Help BC Win a Conference Title?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Can TOB Finally Help BC Win a Conference Title?

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Let's go NCST! Let's go :toby!!! Hurts the soul, but we must...

With Clemson's kicking game looking as terrible as it is, it's not out of the realm of possibility.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Re: Can TOB Finally Help BC Win a Conference Title?

Postby eaglefanhilbillyland on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:23 pm

toby usually wins one a year he has no business winning...lets keep our fingers crossed
eaglefanhilbillyland
Carney Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:25 pm

Absolutely. First, Clemson is not very good. We would beat them by 2 TD's if they didn't catch us so early. Second, this is the perfect set-up for Toby. He wins all or two of the last three, goes to a bowl and gives the NCSU faithful that "he would have done so much better if he didn't have all the injuries" feeling. He will get them just enough to keep them hoping. Taking Clemson will give them hope, It's tailor-made for a Toby save his mediocratic ass victory.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby RyanBC on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:30 am

wow the irony !!! :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:13 am

How ironic that our season comes down to the success of :toby Mc :toby- :toby and his flying circus. Here's to the success of the Flying State McWolfPack :chewbanka :toby :chewbanka :toby :bag :bag :dildodog :whiteflag
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:35 am

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:Absolutely. First, Clemson is not very good. We would beat them by 2 TD's if they didn't catch us so early. Second, this is the perfect set-up for Toby. He wins all or two of the last three, goes to a bowl and gives the NCSU faithful that "he would have done so much better if he didn't have all the injuries" feeling. He will get them just enough to keep them hoping. Taking Clemson will give them hope, It's tailor-made for a Toby save his mediocratic ass victory.

You be out your fucking mind.

If Clemson spotted us 40, we could not beat them by 2 tds.

Stop drinking and going out with young boys.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:45 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:Absolutely. First, Clemson is not very good. We would beat them by 2 TD's if they didn't catch us so early. Second, this is the perfect set-up for Toby. He wins all or two of the last three, goes to a bowl and gives the NCSU faithful that "he would have done so much better if he didn't have all the injuries" feeling. He will get them just enough to keep them hoping. Taking Clemson will give them hope, It's tailor-made for a Toby save his mediocratic ass victory.

You be out your fucking mind.

If Clemson spotted us 40, we could not beat them by 2 tds.

Stop drinking and going out with young boys.

Maybe you and I weren't watching the same game. That was one of the most awful displays of football by two teams at the BCS level after 40 years of watching CFB. Penalties, turnovers, missed FG/PAT's, blown coverages, dropped balls, overthrown passes etc. It was like neither wanted to win. You have bet against BC almost every week. We would beat Clemson easily. We are a much better team now than in September. Me thinks you are drinking the Mez and Clemson :koolaid

EDIT: You must have been one of the ones that, like IB, thought Clemson and VT were unbeatable based upon our games with them. Clemson lost to MARYLAND. Let me repeat that. MARYLAND. So please don't ell me that BC is not only capable of beating Clemson but is capable of beating them handily.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:57 am

On that day, '74 is absolutely right we could have been given a 4 TD lead to start the game up 28-0 and still gotten destroyed. We were so awful I question if Thomas Acquinas HS in FL would not have taken us down.

Terrific, the fate of our season rests with TOB. Clemson has one WTF game each year (they already lost to MD so they can lose to anyone), TOB always has the late rally. There's still no way NCST beats Clemson but we can all hope.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:01 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:On that day, '74 is absolutely right we could have been given a 4 TD lead to start the game up 28-0 and still gotten destroyed. We were so awful I question if Thomas Acquinas HS in FL would not have taken us down.

Terrific, the fate of our season rests with TOB. Clemson has one WTF game each year (they already lost to MD so they can lose to anyone), TOB always has the late rally. There's still no way NCST beats Clemson but we can all hope.

Oh ye of little faith. Clemson will lose one of the last two and NCSU away is the best hope. The real question is can we run the table. As mentioned earlier, there is a real possibility that we lose one even if CU loses one which gets us nowhere. That would really hurt.
Last edited by 1981Eagle on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby janebc on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:01 am

I fear Miami really let us down a couple of weeks ago; but we cannot underestimate :toby 's ability to keep the wolfpack from the door by pulling out a totally unexpected win to buy him another season. Let's hope!
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:05 am

No.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:17 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:No.

Normally I would agree with you. NCST has shown nothing to suggest they could take down a team like Clemson. And frankly, since that Md game Clemson hasn't given any reason to think they can't win out, esepcially considering the garbage left on the schedule. (It was only missed kicks that even made that FSU game close). But, this game is big for NCST, and it's at home.

Follow-up question: Is this a must win for :toby ? We've all heard the rumblings from the Woofie faithful. Unless :toby can find a way to win 2 out of 3 and get NCST to a bowl game, he's either out the door or firmly on the hot seat for next season. Either way, I think he's playing for his coaching future next Saturday...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:33 pm

I am more convinced that Clemson will lose to a crappy team than I am that BC will win the last three. The chance to return to Tampa is there.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:06 pm

i wish the scrush family would chime in and give their analysis of the situation. it would be very insightful.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I am more convinced that Clemson will lose to a crappy team than I am that BC will win the last three. The chance to return to Tampa is there.

Russel Wilson is our only shot 9.

Clemson has Virginia at home.

This is it.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:36 am

Clemson will lose again. Unfortunately so will we. 5-3 wins the division.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:40 am

I think this is Clemson's year. I don't think they'll lose another ACC game. Bummer for us.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Baltimore Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:18 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Clemson will lose again. Unfortunately so will we. 5-3 wins the division.

I have no problem w/ BC backing into the ACC Championship game this year. Say all you want about lowering expectations but with our road woes we are an average team this year (w/ a lot of things that point to a better team next season) and an ACC Championship appearance keeps it exciting for another week. Who knows, once there we could win it. GTech is very good but no one in the conference is unbeatable. Beat MD and one of the other two and we have a shot.

W/ that said. I don't get the feeling Clemson's losing again.
Baltimore Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:18 am

Baltimore Eagle {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Clemson will lose again. Unfortunately so will we. 5-3 wins the division.

I have no problem w/ BC backing into the ACC Championship game this year. Say all you want about lowering expectations but with our road woes we are an average team this year (w/ a lot of things that point to a better team next season) and an ACC Championship appearance keeps it exciting for another week. Who knows, once there we could win it. GTech is very good but no one in the conference is unbeatable. Beat MD and one of the other two and we have a shot.

Beating the next 3 and Clemson losing is not backing in, but I can understand.

Shinairski actually has some time this spring and summer and you are right, GT has looked porous at times on defense and with some luck and no Spaz Csuhion, the Spazoo might bring BC a ACCCG game and a BCS Bowl WIN thus securing his place for 5 years.

I would be BC Proud, and BC amazed at the feat since I still see a cushion and GT and the bowl team we would play would be far superior in this year's season with our two raod flops versus bowl leevl teams.

We got a shot. 74 loves a shot or a road to Miami!!!

If Texas plays Florida/Alabama --The Orange Bowl of TCU-BC would be something since I live in Fort Worth and a lot of TCU football players and kids go to my Church.

I could go to the huge bowl rally for TCU in Fort Worth with my 2 Frogs, wife and daughter. 45,000 Horney Toad Frogs and one Eagle.

That's a push.

Sorta like the 25th inning when BC played Texas in baseball in the Austin Regional.

I think if TCU beats BC and they would be my guess -10, I could kill the Redhead and it would be justified.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:22 am

:toby needs to save his job. he'll win this one and UNC. no doubt in my mind. not sure how he'll do it but he'll find a way. plus, spiller looked really gimpy towards the end of the fsu game.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:23 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
Baltimore Eagle {l Wrote}:

Beating the next 3 and Clemson losing is not backing in, but I can understand.

Shinairski actually has some time this spring and summer for next year or until he goes.

......and you are right, GT has looked porous at times on defense and with some luck and no Spaz Csuhion, the Spazoo might bring BC a ACCCG game and a BCS Bowl WIN thus securing his place for 5 years.

I would be BC Proud, and BC amazed at the feat since I still see a cushion and GT and the bowl team we would play would be far superior in this year's season with our two raod flops versus bowl leevl teams.

We got a shot. 74 loves a shot or a road to Miami!!!

If Texas plays Florida/Alabama --The Orange Bowl of TCU-BC would be something since I live in Fort Worth and a lot of TCU football players and kids go to my Church.

I could go to the huge bowl rally for TCU in Fort Worth with my 2 Frogs, wife and daughter. 45,000 Horney Toad Frogs and one Eagle.

That's a push.

Sorta like the 25th inning when BC played Texas in baseball in the Austin Regional.

I think if TCU beats BC and they would be my guess -10, I could actually kill the Redhead and it would be justified.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Baltimore Eagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:24 am

You're right. I forgot that BC getting in at 5-3 needed FSU to be part of the tiebreaker scenario. If we win out that's definitely not backing in.
Baltimore Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:31 pm

I know it's unlikely at this point -- I'm convinced Clemson wins out -- but, man, I would absolutely love to see Kuechly flying around the field against PJ's triple option. The kid has been so good at anticipating and taking the perfect angle. That would be fun to watch.

Not likely to happen, but I'm just saying...LET'S GO :toby !!!
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby mezmrin on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:49 pm

puff puff give

y'all've (you like that? a little double contraction. you don't see that everyday) had two already, time to share the wealth

NCState and TOB will be looking over their shoulder for the Carter Finley Hit Squad after this one. :pontif
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:50 pm

I think we have a couple of things going for us. One is Clemson's annual choke game. They always have a game or games where they absolutely just don't show up and it's usually in November. The second is that TOB is on the hot seat and he really needs a win to save his job. He has set the stage with his mouth piece, Heather Dinich reporting that it is not his fault since he as all of these injuries. Now he'll pull a TOB classic move by beating Clemson and taking full credit for himself as a coach and leave the players under the bus.

Now, that said, I think we'll have serious trouble with UNC and will probably lose. Spaz had no answer for Butch Davis last year and our D was better. I think we'll have the same problems this year.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:54 pm

Clemson has already had their choke game and that was against MD. I was really counting on Miami to beat them and possibly FSU. Clemson will win out.
:cry:

I think next year is our year again. :angrychicken
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:06 pm

mezmrin {l Wrote}:puff puff give

y'all've (you like that? a little double contraction. you don't see that everyday) had two already, time to share the wealth

NCState and TOB will be looking over their shoulder for the Carter Finley Hit Squad after this one. :pontif

well, you had a national title in 1981 so you don't really need another ACC title do you?

puff puff give... :lol:

if Clemson wins out, then i hope they win the 'ship. they are (on paper) clearly the better team but as evident in nd's loss to navy the better team does not always win. the clemson is a great ACC institution and i hope BC and you guys continue to develop a great rivalry. spiller is a beast, he is in my opinion the heisman trophy winner although he's not going to get the recognition since he's playing in a conference that's not the SEC. he's basically reggie bush 2.0 but better. all his stats compare quite favorably to him.

that said, GO EAGLES! :angrychicken
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:59 pm

I fully expect :toby to save his job once again by beating the Clemson.

Two annual ACC traditions are TOB winning just enough to prolong Daniel Island and Clemson choking in a game that should be a win.

As for us beating UVA, UNC, and MD, I think it can be done, but we'll see.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby tallsy on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:57 pm

You know I thought for sure Clemson was going to find a way to blow this. And a part of me still thinks so, but it's going to take :toby . Even Dabo can't lose to UVA at home against Al Groh spending two weeks preparing for VT to save his job.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium