Week 1 Other Games

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Week 1 Other Games

Postby eagle33 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:02 am

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:29 pm

willie taggart record as hc: 47-50 (entering tonight)
daz: 45-44
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:35 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:willie taggart record as hc: 47-50 (entering tonight)
daz: 45-44

You know who should be getting head coach consideration? Bud Foster. His blue collar defense brings its lunch pail to work year after year.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:39 pm

Darren6 {l Wrote}:Before pregame warmups some LSU players were apparently out on the field doing some light running and some U players were purposefully getting in their way and refusing to move, words and trash talking ensued with Miami player Willis (who was recruited by LSU and is from NOLA) went all double birds on them...typical U thug trash! There’s video on twitter if you want to see

I detest the U - always have. Was nice to see LSU curbstomp them ranked at 8, and I don't care "how that makes the ACC look". Miami is the worst. Richt is a choker - and has been since BC beat them in Nashville in TOB's second bowl year.

Re: that real hurricane headed your way, I think Louisiana earned a lot of good karma with the Cajun Navy in Texas last year - what are the Waffle Houses doing? Get worried if they close. WE have a storm thread on the Mary Anne's board - search for 'hurricane bathtub'. Florence will be a kicker if the high stays in place long enough that she can't go around it and out to sea.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:45 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
Darren6 {l Wrote}:Before pregame warmups some LSU players were apparently out on the field doing some light running and some U players were purposefully getting in their way and refusing to move, words and trash talking ensued with Miami player Willis (who was recruited by LSU and is from NOLA) went all double birds on them...typical U thug trash! There’s video on twitter if you want to see

I detest the U - always have. Was nice to see LSU curbstomp them ranked at 8, and I don't care "how that makes the ACC look". Miami is the worst. Richt is a choker - and has been since BC beat them in Nashville in TOB's second bowl year.

Re: that real hurricane headed your way, I think Louisiana earned a lot of good karma with the Cajun Navy in Texas last year - what are the Waffle Houses doing? Get worried if they close. WE have a storm thread on the Mary Anne's board - search for 'hurricane bathtub'. Florence will be a kicker if the high stays in place long enough that she can't go around it and out to sea.

BC beating Georgia was one of the most exhilarating games that I’ve watched during my time following BC. I thought we had no chance against them so it was such a awesome feeling to pull out that victory.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:33 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

BC beating Georgia was one of the most exhilarating games that I’ve watched during my time following BC. I thought we had no chance against them so it was such a awesome feeling to pull out that victory.

Just watched the FSU-VPI game. Initial thoughts, those are two very lousy teams. I wouldn't have BC trade any of the starting 5 on the front line with either of those two lines.

FSU's defense was impressive late in the game. They kept them in the game against a team that is just flat out better then they are. And that is good. But, these are not good teams. We have all seen much MUCH better tech and seminole teams.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:10 am

hansen {l Wrote}:BC beating Georgia was one of the most exhilarating games that I’ve watched during my time following BC. I thought we had no chance against them so it was such a awesome feeling to pull out that victory.

It was an exciting game, not least because EA had been deluged for weeks by mouth-breathing Dawg fans who disappeared faster than a breadstick in an Arizona Olive Garden. Heurestic: when a UGA fan festoons their automobile or their person with the bulldog wearing the beanie, they lick windows; when they decorate their automobile or person with the ovalline G, they are likely a normal human being.

Interestingly, our win was due largely to TOB being out-TOB'ed by Richt with that ridiculous punt at the end.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:06 pm

This has to do with week 2 but I saw fans going to the Pitt - PSU game won't be allowed into the Heinz parking lot until 5pm and no tailgating before 5 because of a 1 o'clock Pirates game. :shock:

This is pretty unbelievable and incredibly poor planning.

https://heinzfield.com/2018/09/02/traffic-and-parking-details-announced-for-pitt-vs-penn-state/
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:58 pm

Purdue just lost to Eastern Michigan ool
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Purdue just lost to Eastern Michigan ool

And wake had a tough time against Towson
BC923
Merkert Hall

2018 Other Games

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:34 pm

I still worry about that game.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: 2018 Other Games

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:46 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I still worry about that game.

Purdue has no d line. That game is a bettors dream.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:20 pm

How about UNC getting blasted by ECU a week after the Pirates lost to N.C. A&T... fire everyone!
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

2018 Other Games

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:25 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:Temple lost to Villanova. I am less worried about that game.

and lost to Buffalo today. They suck.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:34 pm

FSU is trailing Samford. The ACC sucks this year. Everything's lining up perfectly for us to finish second to Clemson and go back to the Pinstripe Bowl anyway.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:FSU is trailing Samford. The ACC sucks this year. Everything's lining up perfectly for us to finish second to Clemson and go back to the Pinstripe Bowl anyway.

It’s only the first quarter and Samford is only leading by six.
Hard to draw much conclusions from that.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:09 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:FSU is trailing Samford. The ACC sucks this year. Everything's lining up perfectly for us to finish second to Clemson and go back to the Pinstripe Bowl anyway.

It’s only the first quarter and Samford is only leading by six.
Hard to draw much conclusions from that.

They're still going to win the game. But giving up three scores on a 1-AA team's first four drives a week after getting their asses handed to them is a sign that this is not a good team.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:30 pm

It's days like this where I miss HistoryLesson the most.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium