Week 1 Other Games

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Week 1 Other Games

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:34 pm

in future opponent news: northwestern is chapter 7'ing purdues d in the first 10 minutes
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Week 1 Other Games

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:in future opponent news: northwestern is chapter 7'ing purdues d in the first 10 minutes

And then Moore showed up. He is going to be tough.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:09 pm

In former opponent news: New Mexico State is down 35-10 at halftime. It'll be interesting to see what kind of defensive schemes they cook up to stem the tide in the second half.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby flakes on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:25 pm

Purdue’s D is trash. Wake’s offense is kind of trash too. Not sure who to be more worried about.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:10 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:Purdue’s D is trash. Wake’s offense is kind of trash too. Not sure who to be more worried about.

BC is going all the over Purdue. But winning the Wake Forest game (even if its only by a point) is key.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:23 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:Purdue’s D is trash. Wake’s offense is kind of trash too. Not sure who to be more worried about.

BC is going all the over Purdue. But winning the Wake Forest game (even if its only by a point) is key.

I truly believe winning the Wake Forest game is only key if we win by 3 points or more

This is merely my opinion, to which I cannot force you to subscribe
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:33 pm

Tulane up on Wake Forest late in the third. That would be embarrassing if they lost.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:33 pm

We're going to destroy Purdue.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:39 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

I truly believe winning the Wake Forest game is only key if we win by 3 points or more

I don't give a damn (not a damn) if they beat Wake Forest by 1 point or 3. As long as they open the season 3-0, that is all I care about for the next 3 weeks.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Los on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:51 pm

I hope Purdue doesn't lose the stupid between now and our game.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:45 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

I don't give a damn (not a damn) if they beat Wake Forest by 1 point or 3. As long as they open the season 3-0, that is all I care about for the next 3 weeks.

I'm sorry but winning a game, by just one point, can NOT be considered key, given the many factors at play. You can care about what you wish, but this is reality.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby tallsy on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Temple lost to Villanova. I am less worried about that game.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:49 pm

app state driving on ped state tied in the 4th such a shame

EDIT: TD APP ST :laugh

might be time to meatbomb their message board again
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Michigan vs. ND @ South Bend. This game use to be one of the best games of the year with the outcome usually decided late in the game. Rooting for Big Blue.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:47 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:Michigan vs. ND @ South Bend. This game use to be one of the best games of the year with the outcome usually decided late in the game. Rooting for Big Blue.

Anyone else hear the ND band playing " Shipping up to Boston" just prior to kickoff? So original!
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:52 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
bcshater {l Wrote}:Michigan vs. ND @ South Bend. This game use to be one of the best games of the year with the outcome usually decided late in the game. Rooting for Big Blue.

Anyone else hear the ND band playing " Shipping up to Boston" just prior to kickoff? So original!

They've been doing that since Kelly got there. I don't think I even heard it today at Alumni, but I could be wrong. BC used to have a few good chants/traditions, but not right now. It's Mr. Brightside, they added a bell, and they try to force the We are BC. Bring back the score chant and Shipping Up to Boston.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Kwitty Paye looks lost and not well coached. Probably could have used a season under Paul P.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:24 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

They've been doing that since Kelly got there. I don't think I even heard it today at Alumni, but I could be wrong. BC used to have a few good chants/traditions, but not right now. It's Mr. Brightside, they added a bell, and they try to force the We are BC. Bring back the score chant and Shipping Up to Boston.

how about “ first down, bitch” is that still a thing?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:30 am

Locally, in a weekend where the Pac-12 took a terrific beating, everything here is good. ASU won big and Arizona just lost to a 25 year old QB. Its all good.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:41 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

how about “ first down, bitch” is that still a thing?

Nope. The students don’t really do much of anything.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:51 am

i'm all for ragging on the nerds when warranted (for example, apparently late night is no longer a thing? any :geek: care to confirm?)

but the student section was packed for the first half yesterday
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:58 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i'm all for ragging on the nerds when warranted (for example, apparently late night is no longer a thing? any :geek: care to confirm?)

but the student section was packed for the first half yesterday

It's like that for the first game every year

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Nicholls beat Kansas yesterday. That's more embarrassing than our bball loss to Nicholls a couple of years ago.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:11 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

Did they do Sweet Caroline?
I miss Buttercup!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:20 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

Did they do Sweet Caroline?
I miss Buttercup!

Yes, Sweet Caroline was done late in the game when there were about 2,000 fans left. UMass band sang along as well. It was a special moment...
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:11 pm

The U, continues to be garbage.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:15 am

Not much offense by Miami. Their defense gave up 4 yards per carry. How good is LSU? Their kicker transferred from Assumption College in Worcester! Kid made a 53 yd FG!

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Darren6 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:29 am

Great weekend here in New Orleans, with BC stomping UMass and LSU dominating the Canes, despite the now projected Tropical Storm that should be here in two days. LSU has one of the best defenses in the country and getting a kicker was one of their biggest needs and gets from last year. I sure hope the BC fans show up in force for the Miami game and BC stomps a hole in them, especially after their pregame BS that they pulled last night. AJ should be given 25-30 carries in that game and maybe elevate his Heisman status with a good game against them.
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:53 am

Darren6 {l Wrote}: I sure hope the BC fans show up in force for the Miami game and BC stomps a hole in them, especially after their pregame BS that they pulled last night.

What did they do?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Darren6 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:06 am

Before pregame warmups some LSU players were apparently out on the field doing some light running and some U players were purposefully getting in their way and refusing to move, words and trash talking ensued with Miami player Willis (who was recruited by LSU and is from NOLA) went all double birds on them...typical U thug trash! There’s video on twitter if you want to see
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium