2018 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2018 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Players reported today, practice starts tomorrow.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... 5_to_watch

We are ranked 34! :elephant
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 878563002/

I like BC football :angrychicken :screamyeagle
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: 2018 BC Football

Postby mod6A on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:23 pm

10 and 2.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:01 pm

5th in the ACC, ahead of NCST and Louisville. That's unusual respect from the coaches. And VT is too high.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Iggle on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:27 am

how high do we think BC gets ranked this year, given some votes in early polls and the possibility of starting 6-0? heavily dependent on the teams ahead of them but I think they can get to somewhere between 16-20 if the offense looks like it did at the good points of last year
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:49 am

Iggle {l Wrote}:how high do we think BC gets ranked this year, given some votes in early polls and the possibility of starting 6-0? heavily dependent on the teams ahead of them but I think they can get to somewhere between 16-20 if the offense looks like it did at the good points of last year

if they beat wake to go 3-0, i think they will hit somewhere around 24/25. when they lose to purdue in the following week (which is pretty much guaranteed as the heinz hammer is well known for fucking up a "long week") they will never again sniff the top 25 for the remainder of the year
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:08 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:how high do we think BC gets ranked this year, given some votes in early polls and the possibility of starting 6-0? heavily dependent on the teams ahead of them but I think they can get to somewhere between 16-20 if the offense looks like it did at the good points of last year

if they beat wake to go 3-0, i think they will hit somewhere around 24/25. when they lose to purdue in the following week (which is pretty much guaranteed as the heinz hammer is well known for fucking up a "long week") they will never again sniff the top 25 for the remainder of the year

This. I actually have greater confidence in Daz losing to Purdue than Clempson.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:42 pm

Too bad about Elijah Johnson, and he inured his knee Spring 2017:
https://bceagles.com/news/2018/8/3/foot ... -no-1.aspx
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:02 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Too bad about Elijah Johnson, and he inured his knee Spring 2017:

Hes severely limiting his ability to rely on youth and injuries better.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Too bad about Elijah Johnson, and he inured his knee Spring 2017:

Hes severely limiting his ability to rely on youth and injuries better.

it's only day 1 - i expect at least 1 (but likely more) injuries this week that will start the train rolling

in other news, i like that he calls himself out as an idiot for putting perry on the field for a couple of snaps
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Brooklyneagle on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Today's Dillon interview sent out by the Athletic Department on YouTube shows him to be an impressive young man, a cut way above most of the college football players one sees in such circumstances. Intelligent, articulate, educated, but sincere and spontaneous at the same time. Wish him the best on and off the field
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:42 am

Daz is a .500 coach. I don’t knew I the specifics but that’s what we’ll get.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:14 pm

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:31 pm

It's nice to see all the positivity surrounding the program. Clearly the talent is on the upswing here. The new Fish IPF is up and operational and seems to be paying dividends with recruiting already. Momentum in the right direction after swirling the toilet bowl down to just about rock-bottom thanks to Napoleon Dynamite Gene and his paisan Middle Schmiddle/What Kind of Dog is That.

All that being said, is anyone concerned that Anthony Brown as our starting QB has not shown that he is an adequate passer at this level and do we feel that he had a good chance to improve on that given his time off with his injury? I'm hoping to see a good improvement in the "throw game" from him before I can comfortably say BC could do some damage in the ACC.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:It's nice to see all the positivity surrounding the program. Clearly the talent is on the upswing here. The new Fish IPF is up and operational and seems to be paying dividends with recruiting already. Momentum in the right direction after swirling the toilet bowl down to just about rock-bottom thanks to Napoleon Dynamite Gene and his paisan Middle Schmiddle/What Kind of Dog is That.

All that being said, is anyone concerned that Anthony Brown as our starting QB has not shown that he is an adequate passer at this level and do we feel that he had a good chance to improve on that given his time off with his injury? I'm hoping to see a good improvement in the "throw game" from him before I can comfortably say BC could do some damage in the ACC.

As long as Brown’s legs are fine we’ll be fine.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:46 pm

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:09 pm

I'm significantly dumber after reading that transcript. Daz is such a meathead.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:

And he didn't even say "throw game"
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:39 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:

He did.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Twice
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:

He did.

I admit to skimming as most of it is just bs and did not want to suffer the same fate as Uptown Eagle.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:25 pm

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:37 am

Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:

His views on scheduling are stupid at best
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:

His views on playing EJ Perry in garbage time when the season was already effectively meaningless, costing him a year of eligibility barring an appeal, are even dumber.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:39 am

Loeffler says throw game now too.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Uptown Eagle on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:21 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:

His views on playing EJ Perry in garbage time when the season was already effectively meaningless, costing him a year of eligibility barring an appeal, are even dumber.

Calling anything he says "views" is undeserved praise. He doesn't have views. He speaks in incomplete sentences and cliches. Comparing the way Daz and the other coaches come across in the transcript make that clear.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:

Calling anything he says "views" is undeserved praise. He doesn't have views. He speaks in incomplete sentences and cliches. Comparing the way Daz and the other coaches come across in the transcript make that clear.

If Perry ever sees the field the season is already over anyway.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:17 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Uptown Eagle {l Wrote}:

If Perry ever sees the field the season is already over anyway.

I get you're probably referring to Perry playing in any significant games, so sorry for the quibbling, but I actually think one of the great things about the schedule and Brown's injury is that Perry (or MacDonald) should definitely get some playing time this year, especially early in the season.

Daz has been absolutely terrible about getting younger QB's meaningful snaps. 4th quarter garbage-time hand off's is all I've ever seen him allow anyone. It's a recipe for disaster.

But with Brown coming back from an injury and still not playing with the first team in summer practice -- AND with us starting out the year with UMass and Holy Cross -- Daz almost has to play one of them. Possibly as much as the entire 2nd half of both games (assuming blowouts). Hopefully it will be a trend that can be continued if any of the other first half games become lopsided (i.e. Temple, or maybe even Wake or Purdue, if we get lucky and things are really clicking).

Perry (or MacDonald) need as many minutes as possible and I doubt even Daz can avoid it this year.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Odds to make college football playoffs from SBNation via Bovada has BC at 50/1. Number 33 in the rankings of best odds.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... -favorites
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:01 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:But with Brown coming back from an injury and still not playing with the first team in summer practice -- AND with us starting out the year with UMass and Holy Cross -- Daz almost has to play one of them. Possibly as much as the entire 2nd half of both games (assuming blowouts). Hopefully it will be a trend that can be continued if any of the other first half games become lopsided (i.e. Temple, or maybe even Wake or Purdue, if we get lucky and things are really clicking).

Perry (or MacDonald) need as many minutes as possible and I doubt even Daz can avoid it this year.

what? i know i've been gone for a little but all i've read is daz constantly saying anthony is our starting qb

IRregardless, the new RS rule should ideally allow whoever #2 is to play and still maintain an extra year

scrimmage #1 today
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:15 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:But with Brown coming back from an injury and still not playing with the first team in summer practice -- AND with us starting out the year with UMass and Holy Cross -- Daz almost has to play one of them. Possibly as much as the entire 2nd half of both games (assuming blowouts). Hopefully it will be a trend that can be continued if any of the other first half games become lopsided (i.e. Temple, or maybe even Wake or Purdue, if we get lucky and things are really clicking).

what? i know i've been gone for a little but all i've read is daz constantly saying anthony is our starting qb

IRregardless, the new RS rule should ideally allow whoever #2 is to play and still maintain an extra year

scrimmage #1 today

Yeah that's the dumb part of people shitting on him for playing Perry last year. Well the second dumb part, the first being I hope they recruit way over him and probably already have. The second is even if he's good and you want him to redshirt the new rule allows you to do it now even if he plays some.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium