2018 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2018 BC Football

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:33 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:But with Brown coming back from an injury and still not playing with the first team in summer practice -- AND with us starting out the year with UMass and Holy Cross -- Daz almost has to play one of them. Possibly as much as the entire 2nd half of both games (assuming blowouts). Hopefully it will be a trend that can be continued if any of the other first half games become lopsided (i.e. Temple, or maybe even Wake or Purdue, if we get lucky and things are really clicking).

Perry (or MacDonald) need as many minutes as possible and I doubt even Daz can avoid it this year.

what? i know i've been gone for a little but all i've read is daz constantly saying anthony is our starting qb

IRregardless, the new RS rule should ideally allow whoever #2 is to play and still maintain an extra year

scrimmage #1 today

For the first week of practice it's been Perry and MacDonald with the first and second teams. Brown has been limited to 7-on-7 drills. They're just protecting Brown, but still it shows he's not 100% yet.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:50 am

This schedule really sets up so well for a 5-0 start.

UMass, Temple and HC are gimmes. You'd think the short week of a Thursday night away game against Wake might be a disadvantage, but it comes after the HC game, where nobody should really break a sweat and hopefully no starters are even playing in the 2nd half. We should be fully rested for Wake and then the guys will have extra rest days before the trip out to Purdue.

10-2 season!

:screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Wake has no quarterback until game 4 of the season. Otherwise, I’d be a lot more worried about our wake game
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:32 pm

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:49 pm

I saw Perry play in HS. I’m still perplexed as to how that translated to an offer at BC. It’s also extremely hard to tell with the awful competition.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:35 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:But with Brown coming back from an injury and still not playing with the first team in summer practice -- AND with us starting out the year with UMass and Holy Cross -- Daz almost has to play one of them. Possibly as much as the entire 2nd half of both games (assuming blowouts). Hopefully it will be a trend that can be continued if any of the other first half games become lopsided (i.e. Temple, or maybe even Wake or Purdue, if we get lucky and things are really clicking).

Perry (or MacDonald) need as many minutes as possible and I doubt even Daz can avoid it this year.

what? i know i've been gone for a little but all i've read is daz constantly saying anthony is our starting qb

IRregardless, the new RS rule should ideally allow whoever #2 is to play and still maintain an extra year

scrimmage #1 today

For the first week of practice it's been Perry and MacDonald with the first and second teams. Brown has been limited to 7-on-7 drills. They're just protecting Brown, but still it shows he's not 100% yet.

Supposedly he is 100%. Maybe Daz is just being cautious as he has done before with Patcham, Andre Williams and Ramsey.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:26 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

scrimmage #1 today

Supposedly he is 100%. Maybe Daz is just being cautious as he has done before with Patcham, Andre Williams and Ramsey.

That's what I'm assuming, and he said Brown would start working with the first team this week. Hopefully Daz remains cautious in the 2nd half's of the UMass, Holy Cross and Temple games is all I'm saying.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:22 pm

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:30 pm

elijah robinson is getting a lot of publicity in these write-ups. seems like he's been here forever
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:36 pm

It's gonna sting when Sarge screws this up.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:40 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:elijah robinson is getting a lot of publicity in these write-ups. seems like he's been here forever

Receptions since 2015 = 0.0
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:06 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:It's gonna sting when Sarge screws this up.

The closer we get the more excited I get for this year. So much potential. And the schedule is so perfect.

- UMass - Warm-up win.
- HC - Warm-up win.
- @ Wake w/out a QB - Win
- @ Purdue w/out warmup games and w/ a few days extra rest - Hopefully win - Top 25 ranking.
- Temple - Warm-up win
- @ NCST - They could be 5-0 too, well ranked. If we win BC could jump to - Top 20?
- Louisville - Home crowd, ranked, Louisville w/ holes. Setting up for another win. - Top 15?
- Miami - Undefeated, ranked, bye week hype, sellout, Friday night magic. Shocking win - Top 10?
- @VT - so much turnover on defense, offense a question mark, BC plays well at Blacksburg? - Top 5?
- Clemson - Well, it was fun while it lasted...

Everyone talks about how terrible the back half is, but at least 4 of the final 6 are at home. And with the relatively light first half BC can really generate some attention with a fast start. Rankings could really sell tickets and help move the needle for the second half.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:10 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

The closer we get the more excited I get for this year. So much potential. And the schedule is so perfect.

- UMass - Warm-up win.
- HC - Warm-up win.
- @ Purdue w/out warmup games and w/ a few days extra rest - Hopefully win - Top 25 ranking.
- Temple - Warm-up win
- @ NCST - They could be 5-0 too, well ranked. If we win BC could jump to - Top 20?
- Louisville - Home crowd, ranked, Louisville w/ holes. Setting up for another win. - Top 15?
- Miami - Undefeated, ranked, bye week hype, sellout, Friday night magic. Shocking win - Top 10?
- @VT - so much turnover on defense, offense a question mark, BC plays well at Blacksburg? - Top 5?

Everyone talks about how terrible the back half is, but at least 4 of the final 6 are at home. And with the relatively light first half BC can really generate some attention with a fast start. Rankings could really sell tickets and help move the needle for the second half.

where's the meadolark lemon thread you coward?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:22 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

- UMass - Warm-up win.
- HC - Warm-up win.
- Temple - Warm-up win

Sarge has gone 7-6 four out of five seasons here. I see no reason to expect any different.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

- UMass - Warm-up win.
- HC - Warm-up win.
- Temple - Warm-up win

where's the meadolark lemon thread you coward?

This could be a great season for BC to win the Lambert-Meadowlands trophy!!!
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

- UMass - Warm-up win.
- HC - Warm-up win.
- Temple - Warm-up win

I’ve been to every BC game in Blacksburg since 2008. BC does not play well down there. Even in the Matt Ryan game they were awful for about 57 minutes.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:28 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

- UMass - Warm-up win.
- HC - Warm-up win.
- Temple - Warm-up win

I’ve been to every BC game in Blacksburg since 2008. BC does not play well down there. Even in the Matt Ryan game they were awful for about 57 minutes.

4-7 since 1995.
Not bad for us on the road in a “Magical” stadium.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:41 pm

philly... if you’re going to the Thursday night game, please let me know what section you’ll be in so that I don’t get thrown up on or passed out into
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Is anyone else tired of Epstein being assbackward wrong authoritatively?
Last edited by twballgame9 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:16 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:philly... if you’re going to the Thursday night game, please let me know what section you’ll be in so that I don’t get thrown up on or passed out into

will you be in the campgrounds of rolly clown college?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:56 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:philly... if you’re going to the Thursday night game, please let me know what section you’ll be in so that I don’t get thrown up on or passed out into

as of today that is undetermined, but i should know for certain this week
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:49 am

I'm with foot. Until proven otherwise, Daz is a risk averse coach who doesn't have a plan b and will find true level at .500
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:28 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

fag tag - yes, i will be at the rcc game as well as the wake game this year.

do not approach me as i pretty much can't stand any of you assholes and i don't need my wife giving me shit about what a bunch of 'mos i waste my time with online
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:36 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

do not approach me with requests to hot tub or anything ghey like that. i don't need my wife figuring how much of a fag I am and/or what a bunch of 'mos I hook up with when it's "guys night out"

ok, that makes sense

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

do not approach me as i pretty much can't stand any of you assholes and i don't need my wife giving me shit about what a bunch of 'mos i waste my time with online

You can't escape hansen's gaydar.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:03 pm

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:14 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

do not approach me with requests to hot tub or anything ghey like that. i don't need my wife figuring how much of a fag I am and/or what a bunch of 'mos I hook up with when it's "guys night out"

ok, that makes sense

shut up hansen
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:15 am

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:55 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:This could be a great season for BC to win the Lambert-Meadowlands trophy!!!

I had a vision of the future and it came in newspaper form

Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:03 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:This could be a great season for BC to win the Lambert-Meadowlands trophy!!!

I had a vision of the future and it came in newspaper form

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium