2018 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2018 BC Football

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:41 am

Glines is the only player who has shown up every week. Maybe Wyatt Ray.

Brown's inability to find the accuracy he showed during the Wake game mystifies me. But I still think he should be the starter.

The O line has been average. I was expecting them to be the best line in the conference.

Zach Allen was invisible against the toughest competition thus far. He's been a disappointment. DT is an absolute disaster. What's Max Ricci doing these days?

I won't reiterate everything that's already been said about the LB corps. They are bad.

The defensive backfield is good. They are still ballhawks, which is great, but the tackling leaves a lot to be desired.

Walker went from being an asset to a liability. The punt unit has been horrendous. Kickoffs and kickoff coverage have been good. FG range is a joke.

Right on schedule for 6-6 or 7-5 and Christmas in Detroit.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:27 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:...Brown's inability to find the accuracy he showed during the Wake game mystifies me...

was brown really all that accurate against wake or was wake so bad in the backfield that it hid brown's inaccuracy?

there were at least 2 or 3 wide open for a touchdown passes that brown missed his guy on. guys with no one within 10ish yards of them. i pointed it out after the game (and was called out by tom dooder as being a pussy for my observations) and there were a handful that agreed. i don't think brown was all that accurate against wake and i think he's only gotten worse after the purdue linemen got in his head by batting down or catching about 50% of his passes thrown.

at this point i think he's broken, at least mentally. he may be physically broken as well (hence the lack of a creation with his legs), but if even someone that doesn't like sports can see that he's mentally broken then i'd wager that all the non-retarded acc coaches (pronounced "not t.s. slaughter") can see that as well and scheme accordingly on the defensive side of the ball.

i'd go so far as to say that the first time this overpaid gym teacher said "throw game" in a press conference that opposing coaches and dc's started licking their chops at the stat padding they could do when faced with the challenge of a laminated note card of a playbook. i still think that's why the wake dc got fired after they got torched by the dome and we got torched in a corn field in indiana

mr. athletic director... fire this man today
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:14 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:...Brown's inability to find the accuracy he showed during the Wake game mystifies me...

was brown really all that accurate against wake or was wake so bad in the backfield that it hid brown's inaccuracy?

there were at least 2 or 3 wide open for a touchdown passes that brown missed his guy on. guys with no one within 10ish yards of them. i pointed it out after the game (and was called out by tom dooder as being a pussy for my observations) and there were a handful that agreed. i don't think brown was all that accurate against wake and i think he's only gotten worse after the purdue linemen got in his head by batting down or catching about 50% of his passes thrown.

at this point i think he's broken, at least mentally. he may be physically broken as well (hence the lack of a creation with his legs), but if even someone that doesn't like sports can see that he's mentally broken then i'd wager that all the non-retarded acc coaches (pronounced "not t.s. slaughter") can see that as well and scheme accordingly on the defensive side of the ball.

i'd go so far as to say that the first time this overpaid gym teacher said "throw game" in a press conference that opposing coaches and dc's started licking their chops at the stat padding they could do when faced with the challenge of a laminated note card of a playbook. i still think that's why the wake dc got fired after they got torched by the dome and we got torched in a corn field in indiana

I admire your HomoJS level of commitment to the Brown sucks agenda... even hjs must be proud at how far you have carried it.

p.s. this is not an endorsement of Brown's quarterbacking skills. dude couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:I detest Steve Addazio. Detest. Wish he'd get offered something else and get the hell out of Chestnut Hill.

But I can't help but comment that we no more are the hapless bunch that Louisville is. You have to show up and play well to beat us. 5 years ago not the case.

Maybe damning with faint praise but I don't take being competent for granted and when you see a guy like Petrino running a program into the ground or plenty of other name coaches struggling greatly, I do appreciate that we at least don't suck anymore.

This. I feel we are back to where we were at the end of TOB. We are what we are. Daz is what he is. He is a coach that has done a very good job assembling excellent talent which he coaches down to 7-win seasons. While that is one win less than the 8-win seasons of TOB, I believe the Hen would have been similarly constrained by an enhanced schedule (see his time at NCS).

After this program being sunk to unprecedented lows under Spaz, I appreciate what Daz has done. But, I hold no visions of him being able to take the next step. What the program should do next is not a terribly easy decision. If there was a no-brainer hire, moving on from Daz would be less controversial. However, with no clear successor, I agree that it would be best if Daz found some stupid SEC school (like Vandy) to force the issue.

TOB was 10-6 in the ACC while at BC. Daz is 16-27. And it's tough to make the "inherited a mess" argument when Daz went 8-8 in the ACC in his first two years. In years 3 through 6 he is 8-19. Clemson is better, but the rest of these programs have had their ups and downs since Daz took over. The ACC hasn't been that much more difficult than when TOB was here, especially now that Louisville is in the shitter.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:34 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:I detest Steve Addazio. Detest. Wish he'd get offered something else and get the hell out of Chestnut Hill.

But I can't help but comment that we no more are the hapless bunch that Louisville is. You have to show up and play well to beat us. 5 years ago not the case.

Maybe damning with faint praise but I don't take being competent for granted and when you see a guy like Petrino running a program into the ground or plenty of other name coaches struggling greatly, I do appreciate that we at least don't suck anymore.

This. I feel we are back to where we were at the end of TOB. We are what we are. Daz is what he is. He is a coach that has done a very good job assembling excellent talent which he coaches down to 7-win seasons. While that is one win less than the 8-win seasons of TOB, I believe the Hen would have been similarly constrained by an enhanced schedule (see his time at NCS).

After this program being sunk to unprecedented lows under Spaz, I appreciate what Daz has done. But, I hold no visions of him being able to take the next step. What the program should do next is not a terribly easy decision. If there was a no-brainer hire, moving on from Daz would be less controversial. However, with no clear successor, I agree that it would be best if Daz found some stupid SEC school (like Vandy) to force the issue.

TOB was 10-6 in the ACC while at BC. Daz is 16-27. And it's tough to make the "inherited a mess" argument when Daz went 8-8 in the ACC in his first two years. In years 3 through 6 he is 8-19. Clemson is better, but the rest of these programs have had their ups and downs since Daz took over. The ACC hasn't been that much more difficult than when TOB was here, especially now that Louisville is in the shitter.

it's disingenuous to argue that Daz didn't inherit a roster dumpster fire when he got here.
I give credit to Daz to picking up UF's leftovers in order to get us 8-8 those first two years. unfortunately, the few good players Spaz recruited then graduated out and there weren't enough UF leftovers for us to field a competent team.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:it's disingenuous to argue that Daz didn't inherit a roster dumpster fire when he got here.
I give credit to Daz to picking up UF's leftovers in order to get us 8-8 those first two years. unfortunately, the few good players Spaz recruited then graduated out and there weren't enough UF leftovers for us to field a competent team.

It's more than disingenuous to cherry pick stats... like ignoring that TOB was 9-15 in the ACC at NCS even though he was left a young Russell Wilson by Chuck Amato.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:59 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

if the analogy is tob = daz, why is the comparison tob's years 9 & 10 at bc to daz's years 1-5.5?

no one is going to take daz off our hands but when his time is up here he'll have no trouble finding another job if he wants it given how much smoke he blows for each and every program
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:02 pm

you're a pussy for your observations
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:25 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Rutgers should pursue Daz.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:53 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

it's disingenuous to argue that Daz didn't inherit a roster dumpster fire when he got here.

My point of showing his ACC records was that he's not trending up in terms of performance. 4-4, 4-4, 0-8, 2-6, 4-4, 2-1. I don't care enough about TOB or Daz to argue who is better or worse. They're both bad. But it would be nice if Daz could finally get a winning ACC record in year 6.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:14 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

you're a pussy for your observations

at least i know what a pussy looks like, you cock craving lbl
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:19 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

My point of showing his ACC records was that he's not trending up in terms of performance. 4-4, 4-4, 0-8, 2-6, 4-4, 2-1. I don't care enough about TOB or Daz to argue who is better or worse. They're both bad. But it would be nice if Daz could finally get a winning ACC record in year 6.

Looking more possible each week.
Miami is beatable, Syracuse as well, fsu is garbage, va tech is even in within reach.
If this BC team gets it shit together, we could even end up 6-2 although 5-3 is more likely.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:41 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

I admire your HomoJS level of commitment to the Brown sucks agenda... even hjs must be proud at how far you have carried it.

p.s. this is not an endorsement of Brown's quarterbacking skills. dude couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Calling that an agenda is like referring to the "water is wet agenda"
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:45 pm

don’t link me with that agenda. water is not wet... water causes wetness
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

+5

This year's defense can't get off the field without Cheevers intercepting a pass. The defensive tackles can't plug a hole anywhere vs any offensive line not named Holy Cross. They will give up 1000+ yards rushing and 120+ first downs over the remaining 5 games. Brown's limited ability is well documented in the last 15 posts of this thread. The offensive line is being out-muscled at the point of attack. They will be lucky to win 2 of the remaining 5 to finish 7-5. Very disappointing.

I would argue (right now) that the BEST team that the Dazzler had, was the 2014 team. That team still had Spaz's recruits, clobbered USC with an immensely strong offensive line, almost beat a then (two years in a row) undefeated FSU in Florida, and took a Graduate-QB (who wasn't even good enough to keep his position over a freshman at UF) to the maximum of his limited QB ability. That was great game day coaching, exceptional 5th year transfer acquisitions, and outstanding existing talent utilization by Daz.

Since then, we've only had Daz's recruits and the team has sucked vs the ACC. We've not beaten vpi since 2014. We've not even stood on the field against Clemson (a team that Toby owned.) I just don't see any improvement here and I'd say the defficency is entirely in the recruiting. And if you disagree with that ask yourself this, 2015, 2016, 2017, or this year's team, could any of them even stand on the field vs USC any of those years?

Daz has got to go.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:12 pm

When random wrs and freshman are coming off the bench to put up 100, sometimes in the same game, the OL is not getting dominated at the point of attack. Stick with wicca.

Comparing the respective Clemson teams was a nice touch, like when militant gives credit to toby for a 10 win season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:37 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:When random wrs and freshman are coming off the bench to put up 100, sometimes in the same game, the OL is not getting dominated at the point of attack. Stick with wicca.

Comparing the respective Clemson teams was a nice touch, like when militant gives credit to toby for a 10 win season.

Never did that. I gave credit to TOB for back-to-back 5-3 ACC seasons (10-6).
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:14 am

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:When random wrs and freshman are coming off the bench to put up 100, sometimes in the same game, the OL is not getting dominated at the point of attack. Stick with wicca.

IB is wrong again. We have a few issues where depth or injuries are hurting performance but talent is not Addazio's problem. We basically spotted Louisville 14 points each and still won. We took off a half against NC state and still made it interesting. Talent is there. Coaching is our gameday problem.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:46 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

He didn't win 10 dumb fuck. He quit at 9
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:02 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I want to save this. You are correct, he did not beat Navy in 2006. But he beat 10 ACC teams. Now who is the dumb fuck?

Chase an ambulance.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:47 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I want to save this. You are correct, he did not beat Navy in 2006. But he beat 10 ACC teams. Now who is the dumb fuck?

Chase an ambulance.

So we are applauding 5-3? That's so mediocre I didn't even consider it a viable point when skimming his posts.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

In 2005 Tobias coached wins over: the clemson, Virginia, wake forest, rcc, Maryland (5 acc wins) and went 8-3 (our last 11 game season) beating Boise state in a home game to go 9-3
In 2006 Tobias coached wins over: the clemson, vpi, Florida state, dook, Maryland (5acc wins) and went 9-3. He did not coach for victory over navy in the bowl game

Tobias therefore won 10 games in the acc during his 1 12/13th years as an acc coach of bc in the acc.

teddy was reading for gems and completely missed what militant was saying. teddy will spin this to make it appear he was not wrong somehow when he simply didn’t read what militant said about total acc wins and not about wins in a season. I will give teddy an “attaboy” for knowing that although bc won 10 games in 2006, spaz coached the bowl game because rcc had already stolen Tobias from us in the period between beating Maryland and playing navy. Attaboy, tedwardo

EDIT: I was wrong, teddy is going with the straw man/chewbanksa defense of 5-3 not being good enough to warrant paying attention to,when the whole point militant made was that Tobias could at least go better than .500 in the acc... something the hammer has never done.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

In 2005 Tobias coached wins over: the clemson, Virginia, wake forest, rcc, Maryland (5 acc wins) and went 8-3 (our last 11 game season) beating Boise state in a home game to go 9-3
In 2006 Tobias coached wins over: the clemson, vpi, Florida state, dook, Maryland (5acc wins) and went 9-3. He did not coach for victory over navy in the bowl game

Tobias therefore won 10 games in the acc during his 1 12/13th years as an acc coach of bc in the acc.

teddy was reading for gems and completely missed what militant was saying. teddy will spin this to make it appear he was not wrong somehow when he simply didn’t read what militant said about total acc wins and not about wins in a season. I will give teddy an “attaboy” for knowing that although bc won 10 games in 2006, spaz coached the bowl game because rcc had already stolen Tobias from us in the period between beating Maryland and playing navy. Attaboy, tedwardo

EDIT: I was wrong, teddy is going with the straw man/chewbanksa defense of 5-3 not being good enough to warrant paying attention to,when the whole point militant made was that Tobias could at least go better than .500 in the acc... something the hammer has never done.

No I went with didn't read. Could have gone with "ACC was flaming hot garbage" but that's too easy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:48 am

other than the clemson, is this year's acc that much different than the flaming hot garbage of 2005/2006?

that nc state team that our broken down crap shack of a football team almost beat after taking 35 of 60 minutes off is the only other ranked team... and likely won't be at the end of the year after a couple of patented rcc wtf losses (carolina will likely be one of them)

but, the most important thing is that you were correct about tobias never winning 10 games. no one refuted that, but you were right.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:other than the clemson, is this year's acc that much different than the flaming hot garbage of 2005/2006?

that nc state team that our broken down crap shack of a football team almost beat after taking 35 of 60 minutes off is the only other ranked team... and likely won't be at the end of the year after a couple of patented rcc wtf losses (carolina will likely be one of them)

but, the most important thing is that you were correct about tobias never winning 10 games. no one refuted that, but you were right.

It has been a lot better during most of Daz's reign and there is always a national title contender in the division. BC was largely a periphery top 25 team at the end of TOB and they were the best team at 5-3. That speaks volumes. The ACC was god awful then
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 am

ESPN is predicting Sun Bowl or Detroit Bowl. Looks like Saturday's loss took Music City out of play.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:04 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:ESPN is predicting Sun Bowl or Detroit Bowl. Looks like Saturday's loss took Music City out of play.

I could not care less what bowl they go to.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:11 am

you mean to tell me you won't rush to shreveport to watch the walk on's independence bowl on the 27th of december?

fuck this thin skinned breathing dildo and fuck the athletic department that won't fire him back to the 60s - the era of his offensive note card playbook
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:56 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:ESPN is predicting Sun Bowl or Detroit Bowl. Looks like Saturday's loss took Music City out of play.

It sounds like it is down to those two and the Camping World Bowl.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium