FHCRD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

FHCRD

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Congrats to FHCRD on becoming the acting HC of tOSU
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Re: FHCRD

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:17 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Congrats to FHCRD on becoming the acting HC of tOSU

I can see the boner rising in Atlanta all the way from tobaccoroad. It’s gingery
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:46 am

It's strange how emotional Bloggo gets about FHCRD given how emotionally frozen and unempathetic he usually is.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Gene Smith now getting thrown under the bus, only time until Attention moves to Jarmond.

Would be crazy if our first decent AD in forever gets taken down by this.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:06 am

I’m all for scheudenfreud but... I truly hope tOSU puts Urban back in charge like tomorrow as a big flaming eff u to the “woke” PC contingent that are on never-ending witchhunts to retroactively prosecute every alleged injustice. Zach Smith may or may not be an asshole (sure sounds like one). However, even if arrested (he wasn’t), charged (he wasn’t), convicted (he wasn’t) and sentenced (he wasn’t) for the crime of domestic battery, he is still entitled to earn a living. There is a whole movement to make it easier for folks to get jobs after serving their debt to society. That said, I’m not IB and am fine with Smith getting fired. He can’t do his job with rumors like that out there.

In this case, why should a supervisor be held to a higher standard than the judicial system (or the victim herself). Look, I understand that there are situations where women are victimized by abusive husbands (and can’t find a way out). While this marriage seems far from perfect, there is nothing about the wife’s story that even sniffs that level. Her entire story is one of empowerment and thoughtful choice. Quite honestly, she seems like the more dominant figure in the relationship (she claims to have pushed him to take tOSU job but that the pressures of being Columbus were too much for him to handle).

If this is the new standard, then Ezekiel Elliott’s 4 game suspension is only the tip of the iceberg. Everyone of his coaches should be fired. And, Jerry Jones should be force to sell the team to someone who has never employed a person who has ever committed what someone could view on social media to potentially be a crime. I would also like to take this moment to point out to ESPN (who has been pushing the story) that if the new standard for public shaming and ultimate termination for those who fail to act is “known or could have been known” of conduct where someone feels that they are a victim, then ESPN (and pretty much all of Disney) would have no employees.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:35 am

I’d be extremely nervous if I were Jarmond or especially Addazio
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I’m all for scheudenfreud but... I truly hope tOSU puts Urban back in charge like tomorrow as a big flaming eff u to the “woke” PC contingent that are on never-ending witchhunts to retroactively prosecute every alleged injustice. Zach Smith may or may not be an asshole (sure sounds like one). However, even if arrested (he wasn’t), charged (he wasn’t), convicted (he wasn’t) and sentenced (he wasn’t) for the crime of domestic battery, he is still entitled to earn a living. There is a whole movement to make it easier for folks to get jobs after serving their debt to society. That said, I’m not IB and am fine with Smith getting fired. He can’t do his job with rumors like that out there.

In this case, why should a supervisor be held to a higher standard than the judicial system (or the victim herself). Look, I understand that there are situations where women are victimized by abusive husbands (and can’t find a way out). While this marriage seems far from perfect, there is nothing about the wife’s story that even sniffs that level. Her entire story is one of empowerment and thoughtful choice. Quite honestly, she seems like the more dominant figure in the relationship (she claims to have pushed him to take tOSU job but that the pressures of being Columbus were too much for him to handle).

If this is the new standard, then Ezekiel Elliott’s 4 game suspension is only the tip of the iceberg. Everyone of his coaches should be fired. And, Jerry Jones should be force to sell the team to someone who has never employed a person who has ever committed what someone could view on social media to potentially be a crime. I would also like to take this moment to point out to ESPN (who has been pushing the story) that if the new standard for public shaming and ultimate termination for those who fail to act is “known or could have been known” of conduct where someone feels that they are a victim, then ESPN (and pretty much all of Disney) would have no employees.

I agree, who gives a shit. I saw some twat on Twitter saying Addazzio's statement wasnt enough. STFU and let the men coach football. You will be needed when someone needs to go pick up beer.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:17 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:It's strange how emotional Bloggo gets about FHCRD given how emotionally frozen and unempathetic he usually is.

It is probably lingering pain from debating the former poster over his stupid empty resume takes.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:57 am

Didn’t realize Zach Smith was on Dazoo’s staff from Temple. Saw the Smith interview... he comes off genuine and a person whose life has been ruined by a shrew with a scummy Avenatti-like divorce attorney.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:32 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Didn’t realize Zach Smith was on Dazoo’s staff from Temple. Saw the Smith interview... he comes off genuine and a person whose life has been ruined by a shrew with a scummy Avenatti-like divorce attorney.

Choking your wife out with ruin your life also
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Daz under the microscope.

The fact that Addazio, who was one of Meyer’s most trusted assistants with the Gators, knew about the issue as well and still hired Smith later on is bound to raise eyebrows as more and more details are being unveiled about the entire case on a seemingly daily basis.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/05/boston-college-coach-steve-addazio-acknowledges-he-too-knew-about-issue-with-zach-smith-in-2009/
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:19 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:Daz under the microscope.

The fact that Addazio, who was one of Meyer’s most trusted assistants with the Gators, knew about the issue as well and still hired Smith later on is bound to raise eyebrows as more and more details are being unveiled about the entire case on a seemingly daily basis.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/05/boston-college-coach-steve-addazio-acknowledges-he-too-knew-about-issue-with-zach-smith-in-2009/

Wait, so are you telling me that a guy in a small close-knit community protected another guy in that very same community? In other news, water is wet.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I’m all for scheudenfreud but... I truly hope tOSU puts Urban back in charge like tomorrow as a big flaming eff u to the “woke” PC contingent that are on never-ending witchhunts to retroactively prosecute every alleged injustice. Zach Smith may or may not be an asshole (sure sounds like one). However, even if arrested (he wasn’t), charged (he wasn’t), convicted (he wasn’t) and sentenced (he wasn’t) for the crime of domestic battery, he is still entitled to earn a living. There is a whole movement to make it easier for folks to get jobs after serving their debt to society. That said, I’m not IB and am fine with Smith getting fired. He can’t do his job with rumors like that out there.

i agree with this
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:51 am

hansen {l Wrote}:... In other news, water is wet.

shut up, hansen

being a liquid, water is not itself wet, but can make other solid materials wet.

wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid, so when we say that something is wet, we mean that the liquid is sticking to the surface of a material.

whether an object is wet or dry depends on a balance between cohesive and adhesive forces. cohesive forces are attractive forces within the liquid that cause the molecules in the liquid to prefer to stick together. cohesive forces are also responsible for surface tension. if the cohesive forces are very strong, then the liquid molecules really like to stay close together and they won't spread out on the surface of an object very much. on the contrary, adhesive forces are the attractive forces between the liquid and the surface of the material. if the adhesive forces are strong, then the liquid will try and spread out onto the surface as much as possible. so how wet a surface is depends on the balance between these two forces. if the adhesive forces (liquid-solid) are bigger than the cohesive forces (liquid-liquid), we say the material becomes wet, and the liquid tends to spread out to maximize contact with the surface. on the other hand, if the adhesive forces (liquid-solid) are smaller than the cohesive forces (liquid-liquid), we say the material is dry, and the liquid tends to bead-up into a spherical drop and tries to minimize the contact with the surface.

water actually has pretty high cohesive forces due to hydrogen bonding, and so is not as good at wetting surfaces as some liquids such as acetone or alcohols. however, water does wet certain surfaces like glass for example. adding detergents can make water better at wetting by lowering the cohesive forces . water resistant materials such as gore-tex fabric is made of material that is hydrophobic (water repellent) and so the cohesive forces within the water (liquid-liquid) are much stronger than the adhesive force (liquid-solid) and water tends to bead-up on the outside of the material and you stay dry.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:54 am

also, there is no one here that should possibly be surprised that a thin-skinned bully like our gym teacher coach has been mean to kids in the past. i don't think he's locked them in dark closets or homohumped them or anything, but i can see him taking his "discipline drills" to an extreme. while this whole thing is bullshit, i would not be sad to see him let go over something so trivial... but that's just because i think he's an ass-hat that is not good at his job of coaching games
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:46 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

shut up, hansen

being a liquid, water is not itself wet, but can make other solid materials wet.

wetness is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid, so when we say that something is wet, we mean that the liquid is sticking to the surface of a material.

whether an object is wet or dry depends on a balance between cohesive and adhesive forces. cohesive forces are attractive forces within the liquid that cause the molecules in the liquid to prefer to stick together. cohesive forces are also responsible for surface tension. if the cohesive forces are very strong, then the liquid molecules really like to stay close together and they won't spread out on the surface of an object very much. on the contrary, adhesive forces are the attractive forces between the liquid and the surface of the material. if the adhesive forces are strong, then the liquid will try and spread out onto the surface as much as possible. so how wet a surface is depends on the balance between these two forces. if the adhesive forces (liquid-solid) are bigger than the cohesive forces (liquid-liquid), we say the material becomes wet, and the liquid tends to spread out to maximize contact with the surface. on the other hand, if the adhesive forces (liquid-solid) are smaller than the cohesive forces (liquid-liquid), we say the material is dry, and the liquid tends to bead-up into a spherical drop and tries to minimize the contact with the surface.

water actually has pretty high cohesive forces due to hydrogen bonding, and so is not as good at wetting surfaces as some liquids such as acetone or alcohols. however, water does wet certain surfaces like glass for example. adding detergents can make water better at wetting by lowering the cohesive forces . water resistant materials such as gore-tex fabric is made of material that is hydrophobic (water repellent) and so the cohesive forces within the water (liquid-liquid) are much stronger than the adhesive force (liquid-solid) and water tends to bead-up on the outside of the material and you stay dry.

I agree with this.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:53 am

holy shit, Tonto is TRE. TRE is Tonto!
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:53 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:Daz under the microscope.

While I'm TRE's camp (over the trivialness of the allegation of merely being aware of family strife... and not caring if it accelerates his departure), I await similar terminations of the following head coaches who worked with Zach Smith under Urban Meyer:

Chris Ash: Rutgers
D. J. Durkin: Maryland
Luke Fickell: Cincinnati
Tom Herman: Texas
Doc Holliday: Marshall
Dan Mullen: Florida
Charlie Strong: South Florida
Mike Vrabel: Tennessee Titans
HCRD: Ohio State
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:44 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

shut up, hansen

This was spectacular! Who knew we had such an authority on moisture here. I imagine it's taking every ounce of self-control that certain posters here have to not inquire about the characteristic known as 'stickiness'.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:55 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:holy shit, Tonto is TRE. TRE is Tonto!

as much as I would find it funny to see that there is really only 3 unique posters on this site, I have to call out TRE for ripping this from here.

p.s. I found that using duckduckgo... maybe this web search machine is good enough after all. thanks tonto!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:39 am

hansen {l Wrote}:... thanks tonto!

You're welcome
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MattTheEagle on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 pm

The only thing the Zach Smith story has to do with Addazio or anything BC-related is that now Ryan Day is interim coach of tOSU. Even suspending Urban Meyer doesn't make sense, he wasn't involved much less Addazio or Jarmond. Maybe Meyer didn't/hasn't handled it the best, but all he had was an allegation without a conviction or credible knowledge regarding the severity. In domestic violence cases if the alleged victim calls 911 the assailant typically gets charged and a no contact takes into effect until the case is concluded unless the victim decides otherwise. Maybe I'm missing something, but the Meyer suspension strikes me as just the PC thing to do.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:28 am

Have to assume that HCRD would get the same Zach Smith treatment Dazoo and Urban are getting when he is considered for another job. I mean, HCRD was under Smith at Florida, immediately followed him at Temple and then had him reporting directly to him (as co-OC in charge of the throw game). Weird how the event that is giving him his big break is one that could hold him back from getting another.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 am

eagle33
Campion Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium