Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby eagletx on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:10 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:I understand promoting the stupid idea of bringing in grad transfer QB's, as Addazio's history of mismanaging the position leads one to believe that anybody with any useful experience would be an improvement. Of course, that also is evidence that 6 years in, Addazio still doesn't have a consistent clue as to the kind of offense he wants to run, year to year.

At Boston College, that is an advantage of Addazio, not a disadvantage. Some schools can afford to be super choosy with their recruits because they are plugging them into a offensive and defensive scheme that they know works for them. BC can't afford to be picky and choosy with top notch recruits. BC needs to take every single top notch recruit they can get their hands on and then build an offensive and defensive scheme around those top athletes that maximizes their advantages while minimizing their deficiencies. The only way you accomplish that is by changing the offense and the defense (year-to-year if needs be) to get the most out of your best players. You do NOT force them to play football in a manner that they are not best utilized.

eagletx {l Wrote}:This year is no different, as the QB options appear to be a " dual threat" (cough) option in Brown, or the more conventional pocket QB in McDonald.

We all want the "single threat" Matt Ryan-esque QB back on this team. QBs like that come to BC once in a generation. Until Addazio learns how to recruit those QBs (he doesn't know how yet) we are going to have to make do.

eagletx {l Wrote}:The fact that we are two weeks away from season start and that conundrum has not been resolved is so Addazio. So, lets resolve it by looking for an outsider. I get it. Psst...the problem ain't a QB problem. It's a HC problem. But hell, that 8-5 season will put to rest all those nasty speculation about Addazio's ceiling, eh?

Preaching to the choir. We all want him fired (albeit for different reasons.)

So, how does a guy like Addazio recruit players? Simply chasing "the best athlete available" regardless of need or respective skill set? I'd think he needs a much bigger staff.
It was always my apparent naive belief that a coaching staff had a plan, a philosophy, a "program design" that guided the kind of athletes they needed to make "the program" successful and guided where they spent their time and resources recruiting.

Addazio seemingly has gone back and forth, seemingly unsure as to whether he wants a spread offense, a dual threat QB, a three yards and a cloud of dust offense, etc..etc..etc..

So I guess its your contention that BC is at such a competitive disadvantage that a offensive or defensive philosophy is luxury that Addazio cannot afford, and that his "system" must change every couple of years based on who he is fortunate enough to convince to come to BC.

Wow. He be a slam dunk as a pop warner coach.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:39 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:what more do you want?

Someone who can do better than 7-6.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:49 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:what more do you want?

Someone who can do better than 7-6.

and is less of an embarrassing dickhole while he's progressing through the mediocre results

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:08 pm

If he wins 10 games, he can be as much of an embarassing dickhole as he wants to be.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If he wins 10 games, he can be as much of an embarassing dickhole as he wants to be.

sure - but when he wins 6 or 7 (as he has), he should not be such an embarrassing dickhole

p&s - he will not win 10 games BECAUSE is an embarrassing dickhole
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:37 pm

[quote="TobaccoRoadEagle"Image[/quote]

This would make me like him more
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:05 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Image

i don't know - if you go back and watch the clip, it really doesn't hold up

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If he wins 10 games, he can be as much of an embarassing dickhole as he wants to be.

this
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:45 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Image

i don't know - if you go back and watch the clip, it really doesn't hold up

True, but it's still better than the time he TOTALLY screwed up the red bandana game.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:52 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:I understand promoting the stupid idea of bringing in grad transfer QB's, as Addazio's history of mismanaging the position leads one to believe that anybody with any useful experience would be an improvement. Of course, that also is evidence that 6 years in, Addazio still doesn't have a consistent clue as to the kind of offense he wants to run, year to year.

At Boston College, that is an advantage of Addazio, not a disadvantage. Some schools can afford to be super choosy with their recruits because they are plugging them into a offensive and defensive scheme that they know works for them. BC can't afford to be picky and choosy with top notch recruits. BC needs to take every single top notch recruit they can get their hands on and then build an offensive and defensive scheme around those top athletes that maximizes their advantages while minimizing their deficiencies. The only way you accomplish that is by changing the offense and the defense (year-to-year if needs be) to get the most out of your best players. You do NOT force them to play football in a manner that they are not best utilized.

eagletx {l Wrote}:This year is no different, as the QB options appear to be a " dual threat" (cough) option in Brown, or the more conventional pocket QB in McDonald.

We all want the "single threat" Matt Ryan-esque QB back on this team. QBs like that come to BC once in a generation. Until Addazio learns how to recruit those QBs (he doesn't know how yet) we are going to have to make do.

eagletx {l Wrote}:The fact that we are two weeks away from season start and that conundrum has not been resolved is so Addazio. So, lets resolve it by looking for an outsider. I get it. Psst...the problem ain't a QB problem. It's a HC problem. But hell, that 8-5 season will put to rest all those nasty speculation about Addazio's ceiling, eh?

Preaching to the choir. We all want him fired (albeit for different reasons.)

So, how does a guy like Addazio recruit players?

You go to all the 4-star players who want to play for a baby-rapist but are told that they will be forced to play a position that they do NOT want to play (and they have to wait a couple of years) that they can play immediately and at whatever position they want if they come to BC. In other words, do exactly as he did with A J Dillon.

eagletx {l Wrote}:Simply chasing "the best athlete available" regardless of need or respective skill set? I'd think he needs a much bigger staff.

It doesn't matter what size staff you think he needs. All he needs to do is kiss ass and be humble. That will instantly make him a better salesman. And yes, you just go get the best player available regardless of need.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:39 pm

No space would be a terrible recruiter.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:No space would be a terrible recruiter.

I do not give a shit what the coach has to do to get those 4-star recruits on this team. Dabo is recruiting like a mother-fucker (he could sell ice to a Eskimo) and BC MUST keep up to even have a chance. I do not give a shit what offense or defense they run. I do not give a shit if they change the entire offense and defense year after year. I just want them to win. Now Teddy, do you want to win? Or do you want to lose? I am sick of BC losing and I didn't even go to YOUR school Teddy.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 pm

is there anything he’s not terrible at, other than getting his PRIDE hurt and running away
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Oh and eagletx,

eagletx {l Wrote}:So I guess its your contention that BC is at such a competitive disadvantage that a offensive or defensive philosophy is luxury that Addazio cannot afford, and that his "system" must change every couple of years based on who he is fortunate enough to convince to come to BC.

Lets see, I have been watching BC football for three-and-half decades. Your statement has never been MORE the case for BC football than it is today. They just happen to play in the toughest division of the toughest conference in college football (suck it SEC West.)

You are damn straight, they need to take whatever 4-star players they can get by any means necessary. I am done losing. Maybe you have five more decades to watch this team and wait for a winner. I do not.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:54 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}: I am sick of BC losing and I didn't even go to YOUR school Teddy.

Teddy didn't go to BC. He went to Annapolis.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:02 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Oh and eagletx,

eagletx {l Wrote}:So I guess its your contention that BC is at such a competitive disadvantage that a offensive or defensive philosophy is luxury that Addazio cannot afford, and that his "system" must change every couple of years based on who he is fortunate enough to convince to come to BC.

Lets see, I have been watching BC football for three-and-half decades. Your statement has never been MORE the case for BC football than it is today. They just happen to play in the toughest division of the toughest conference in college football (suck it SEC West.)

You are damn straight, they need to take whatever 4-star players they can get by any means necessary. I am done losing. Maybe you have five more decades to watch this team and wait for a winner. I do not.

Even (literally) sucking the dicks of potential recruits (assuming they are 18, of course)?
If you were the coach, would you suck their dicks to seal the deal?
Do you mean what you say... or are you just talking the talk?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:14 pm

suck penis 4 star
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:44 pm

I do not give a shit what the coach has to do to get those 4-star recruits on this team. Dabo is recruiting like a mother-fucker (he could sell ice to a Eskimo) and BC MUST keep up to even have a chance. I do not give a shit what offense or defense they run. I do not give a shit if they change the entire offense and defense year after year. I just want them to win. Now Teddy, do you want to win? Or do you want to lose? I am sick of BC losing and I didn't even go to YOUR school Teddy.

Your plan would be a disaster. Program would collapse under the weight of your swings and misses.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:35 pm

Daz recruited solidly when the program was an active dumpster fire. Now that we're a solid middle of the pack team he's actually recruiting pretty well. If he can start actually competing for the Atlantic the quality should improve even more. Say what you want about Daz, but the kids like playing for him.

The program is slowly heading in a good direction. But comparing BC's recruiting potential to Clemson's right now is absurd. It's more reasonable to compare us to late 00's Stanford.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:01 pm

I thought Teddy went to Albanapolis?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I thought Teddy went to Albanapolis?

if i remember correctly, he wanted to go to albanapolis but he couldn't get a (state) senator's recommendation. then, i think the fat ginger from northeastern night school told him how he should have brought one of them a sandwich from d'angelos to sweeten the pot
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I thought Teddy went to Albanapolis?

Yeah I did boats not ships in college and stayed above water
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:48 pm

:gun

You a fervent and devoted fan. I'm glad you are fervent, longtime fan and not the coach of any team I have any interest (in seeing them win).
PS You also provided a reason why it always appears Addazio manages his team by throwing spaghetti against the wall....because he manages by throwing spaghetti against the wall.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:13 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:

You a fervent and devoted fan. I'm glad you are fervent, longtime fan and not the coach of any team I have any interest (in seeing them win).
PS You also provided a reason why it always appears Addazio manages his team by throwing spaghetti against the wall....because he manages by throwing spaghetti against the wall.

I don't give a fuck how much spaghetti I have to scape off that wall to eat along with all the crow, so long as he keeps recruiting the likes of A J Dillon. I am hoping that he learned a thing or two about sales and maybe (just maybe) BC will creep out of the 14th ranked recruiting class out of 14 teams in the ACC this year?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:15 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:

I don't give a fuck how much spaghetti I have to scape off that wall to eat along with all the crow, so long as he keeps recruiting the likes of A J Dillon. I am hoping that he learned a thing or two about sales and maybe (just maybe) BC will creep out of the 14th ranked recruiting class out of 14 teams in the ACC this year?

You are an idiot. AJ Dillon would be at Michigan if he was like most recruits and decided being at Michigan was more important than playing RB. You can count on one hand the number of 4 star recruits that think like that. For example, Jonathan Hilliman. Remember him? Of course you don't you dumb fat fuck.

You are an idiot.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:32 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:

The chaos theory of coaching is a rather radical concept you preach, and it hasn't fared so terribly well for Addazio for the past 5 years. I guess maybe based on his W-L records, one might conclude its a 50-50 proposition, eh?
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:23 am

I don't give a fuck how much spaghetti I have to scape off that wall to eat

Why scrape it off the wall when the Unlimited Pasta Bowl offer is back?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:02 am

wow kelly bryant is transferring from clemson after sunshine was named starter
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:14 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:wow kelly bryant is transferring from clemson after sunshine was named starter

I think this will prove to be a mistake by Clemson.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:55 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:wow kelly bryant is transferring from clemson after sunshine was named starter

I think this will prove to be a mistake by Clemson.

Just curious why you think so. I don't have dog in the fight, but it appears Swinney thinks he wants to go with a guy who has the stronger arm, no?
eagletx
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium