Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby dtwalrus on Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Joe Burrow announced he's transferring from Ohio State. Grad transfer, so he's eligible immediately. Any chance Daz can get Meyer to put in a good word for him? Any chance Burrow would be interested?

Might not seem like an obvious destination, but he'd be coming into a stacked offense, with a very experience OL that is good in protection, with a RB that is going to have opposing D's stacking the box, and with a schedule that could easily line up for a ranked 6-0 start before getting prime time matchups against Miami, VT, Clemson, Louisville and FSU. Could be great for building an NFL resume...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 08, 2018 10:40 pm

Who?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Wed May 09, 2018 12:35 am

If Ab is healthy by the summer which seems to be whats going to happen, we should roll with the guys we got. We havent had this deep of a QB room in years. Someone out of Perry, Mcdonald, and the two freshman will be a valuable number two.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 09, 2018 7:40 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:If Ab is healthy by the summer which seems to be whats going to happen, we should roll with the guys we got. We havent had this deep of a QB room in years. Someone out of Perry, Mcdonald, and the two freshman will be a valuable number two.

can they throw accurately and/or with the proper "zip" on the ball?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed May 09, 2018 8:15 am

McDonald is going to surprise people.

We need to get out of the cycle of bringing in grad transfer qbs
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 09, 2018 8:19 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:McDonald is going to surprise people.

i hope you're right and this isn't just another extension of the inflation of skills a la darius wade/anthony brown
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 09, 2018 8:34 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:If Ab is healthy by the summer which seems to be whats going to happen, we should roll with the guys we got. We havent had this deep of a QB room in years. Someone out of Perry, Mcdonald, and the two freshman will be a valuable number two.

can they throw accurately and/or with the proper "zip" on the ball?

thatsracist.asiankid.huang.gif
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 09, 2018 9:17 am

i hope you're right and this isn't just another extension of the inflation of skills a la darius wade/anthony brown

Both Perry and McDonald were far stronger throwers than wade and McDonald was far more accurate than brown. Neither is the athlete brown is, but Perry is more athletic. Don't think either is Glenn Foley, but both throw better than we have seen in a while
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 09, 2018 9:19 am

Oh and saying one is better than the other is not inflating the skills of either. Vodka is better than gin, but neither is scotch or bourbon.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 09, 2018 9:46 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Oh and saying one is better than the other is not inflating the skills of either. Vodka is better than gin, but neither is scotch or bourbon.

sure - if you take that "don't look back" approach to the days of folks saying that we would have been in the acc championship game if wade hadn't gotten hurt so early. in essence, wade also surprised us when he actually played someone other than the spring game opponent by showing he was not very good at quarterbackmanship
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 09, 2018 10:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

sure - if you take that "don't look back" approach to the days of folks saying that we would have been in the acc championship game if wade hadn't gotten hurt so early. in essence, wade also surprised us when he actually played someone other than the spring game opponent by showing he was not very good at quarterbackmanship

Wade was nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be, but this had been proven as nauseum. There were no good options at QB the past three or four years, wade was just the best of the bunch.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MrAwesomeII on Wed May 09, 2018 10:58 am

I was always struck by how short and fat Wade seemed on the field. It appeared that he needed to fade back 20 yards in order to see over the line. In short, he sucked.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 09, 2018 6:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Both Perry and McDonald were far stronger throwers than wade and McDonald was far more accurate than brown. Neither is the athlete brown is, but Perry is more athletic. Don't think either is Glenn Foley, but both throw better than we have seen in a while

Wade was terrible and Perry from the Spring Game sample looked bad to me.

McDonald looked okay but we aren’t beating anyone with either of those kids playing QB.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 10, 2018 8:06 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

McDonald looked okay but we aren’t beating anyone with either of those kids playing QB.

You drink gin.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 10, 2018 8:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You drink gin.

Our coaches being drunk on gin would explain the current QB situation in Year 6.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri May 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Anyone know his status? He looked ok walking around during the Spring Game.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 12, 2018 7:04 am

there has been nothing to suggest he won't be ready for summer camp, daz even said he's ahead of schedule

IRregardless of the nonsense that's posted on taylor swiftruption
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat May 12, 2018 2:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:there has been nothing to suggest he won't be ready for summer camp, daz even said he's ahead of schedule

IRregardless of the nonsense that's posted on taylor swiftruption

Let's hope. He hurt his knee on 11/11/17; UMass will only be 9+ months. That would be a fast recovery. Would you want him as the QB if he cannot run?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun May 13, 2018 8:30 am

qb's commonly come back within 9 months from acl tears:

rivers played on torn ACL in afc championship game (late jan), was back preseason week 1 (early aug)
palmer's first knee injury in playoff game where his entire knee was shredded (not porter style) was back 7 months later. 2nd acl tear was in early november, played week 1 preseason
wentz tore both acl & lcl a month after brown, everything points to him being back week 1

purdue's qb played on a torn acl during his bowl game (12/27), expects to be ready week 1
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Sun May 27, 2018 9:04 am

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun May 27, 2018 9:04 pm

Great find

IRregardless I look forward to taylorswifterruption cognoscenti wondering whether perry the wasp will start vs umass and the fighting bill simmons
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 27, 2018 10:28 pm

Zero chance brown is not the starter. I hope he's working on accuracy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon May 28, 2018 12:01 am

I think Brown will be ready and will perform at a high level. The BC-Clemson game should be epic and determine the Atlantic Division title. Somewhat surprisingly, it seems Clemson has a QB battle on their hands with their freshman phenom coming in.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon May 28, 2018 8:37 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Great find

IRregardless I look forward to taylorswifterruption cognoscenti wondering whether perry the wasp will start vs umass and the fighting bill simmons

Those 3 handoffs up 30 against Uconn we burned his redshirt for have surely accelerated his improvement as a quarterback.

Fun offseason game:
Is Daz wily enough to pull this crap as a stealth plan to prevent players from transferring or is that giving him way, way too much credit?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon May 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Those 3 handoffs up 30 against Uconn we burned his redshirt for have surely accelerated his improvement as a quarterback.

Fun offseason game:
Is Daz wily enough to pull this crap as a stealth plan to prevent players from transferring or is that giving him way, way too much credit?

Wouldn't NOT playing him make it easier for them to transfer? They would they have to burn a year of eligibility sitting out on the sideline satisfying the NCAAs transfer rule (thus, getting no snaps over 2 years and 3 years left to play)? If he plays a player, then he got at least some snaps in for 1 year of his eligibility and then sits out his redshirt year to satisfy the transfer rule (with 3 years left to play). What am I missing?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 30, 2018 9:08 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I think Brown will be ready and will perform at a high level. The BC-Clemson game should be epic and determine the Atlantic Division title. Somewhat surprisingly, it seems Clemson has a QB battle on their hands with their freshman phenom coming in.

On what planet is that game determining the ACC title? BC will have multiple ACC losses by then.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed May 30, 2018 5:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:I think Brown will be ready and will perform at a high level. The BC-Clemson game should be epic and determine the Atlantic Division title. Somewhat surprisingly, it seems Clemson has a QB battle on their hands with their freshman phenom coming in.

On what planet is that game determining the ACC title? BC will have multiple ACC losses by then.

It's 11-1 season.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed May 30, 2018 6:05 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Those 3 handoffs up 30 against Uconn we burned his redshirt for have surely accelerated his improvement as a quarterback.

Fun offseason game:

Wouldn't NOT playing him make it easier for them to transfer? They would they have to burn a year of eligibility sitting out on the sideline satisfying the NCAAs transfer rule (thus, getting no snaps over 2 years and 3 years left to play)? If he plays a player, then he got at least some snaps in for 1 year of his eligibility and then sits out his redshirt year to satisfy the transfer rule (with 3 years left to play). What am I missing?

I’m dumber now
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 30, 2018 6:31 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

It's 11-1 season.

Ah ok got it. Let me know when it becomes 7-5 season
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed May 30, 2018 8:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

It's 11-1 season.

Ah ok got it. Let me know when it becomes 7-5 season

September 22, after we lose at Purdue.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium