Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby dtwalrus on Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Joe Burrow announced he's transferring from Ohio State. Grad transfer, so he's eligible immediately. Any chance Daz can get Meyer to put in a good word for him? Any chance Burrow would be interested?

Might not seem like an obvious destination, but he'd be coming into a stacked offense, with a very experience OL that is good in protection, with a RB that is going to have opposing D's stacking the box, and with a schedule that could easily line up for a ranked 6-0 start before getting prime time matchups against Miami, VT, Clemson, Louisville and FSU. Could be great for building an NFL resume...
User avatar
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 am
Karma: 100

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 08, 2018 10:40 pm

Who?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30386
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2418

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby NJM89 on Wed May 09, 2018 12:35 am

If Ab is healthy by the summer which seems to be whats going to happen, we should roll with the guys we got. We havent had this deep of a QB room in years. Someone out of Perry, Mcdonald, and the two freshman will be a valuable number two.
Image
User avatar
NJM89
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:18 pm
Karma: 46

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 09, 2018 7:40 am

NJM89 wrote:If Ab is healthy by the summer which seems to be whats going to happen, we should roll with the guys we got. We havent had this deep of a QB room in years. Someone out of Perry, Mcdonald, and the two freshman will be a valuable number two.

can they throw accurately and/or with the proper "zip" on the ball?
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20640
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5688

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed May 09, 2018 8:15 am

McDonald is going to surprise people.

We need to get out of the cycle of bringing in grad transfer qbs
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2357
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 527

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 09, 2018 8:19 am

2001Eagle wrote:McDonald is going to surprise people.

We need to get out of the cycle of bringing in grad transfer qbs

i hope you're right and this isn't just another extension of the inflation of skills a la darius wade/anthony brown
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20640
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5688

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 09, 2018 8:34 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
NJM89 wrote:If Ab is healthy by the summer which seems to be whats going to happen, we should roll with the guys we got. We havent had this deep of a QB room in years. Someone out of Perry, Mcdonald, and the two freshman will be a valuable number two.

can they throw accurately and/or with the proper "zip" on the ball?


thatsracist.asiankid.huang.gif
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17554
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3029

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 09, 2018 9:17 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:McDonald is going to surprise people.

We need to get out of the cycle of bringing in grad transfer qbs

i hope you're right and this isn't just another extension of the inflation of skills a la darius wade/anthony brown


Both Perry and McDonald were far stronger throwers than wade and McDonald was far more accurate than brown. Neither is the athlete brown is, but Perry is more athletic. Don't think either is Glenn Foley, but both throw better than we have seen in a while
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30386
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2418

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 09, 2018 9:19 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:McDonald is going to surprise people.

We need to get out of the cycle of bringing in grad transfer qbs

i hope you're right and this isn't just another extension of the inflation of skills a la darius wade/anthony brown


Oh and saying one is better than the other is not inflating the skills of either. Vodka is better than gin, but neither is scotch or bourbon.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30386
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2418

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 09, 2018 9:46 am

twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:McDonald is going to surprise people.

We need to get out of the cycle of bringing in grad transfer qbs

i hope you're right and this isn't just another extension of the inflation of skills a la darius wade/anthony brown


Oh and saying one is better than the other is not inflating the skills of either. Vodka is better than gin, but neither is scotch or bourbon.

sure - if you take that "don't look back" approach to the days of folks saying that we would have been in the acc championship game if wade hadn't gotten hurt so early. in essence, wade also surprised us when he actually played someone other than the spring game opponent by showing he was not very good at quarterbackmanship
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20640
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5688

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 09, 2018 10:14 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:McDonald is going to surprise people.

We need to get out of the cycle of bringing in grad transfer qbs

i hope you're right and this isn't just another extension of the inflation of skills a la darius wade/anthony brown


Oh and saying one is better than the other is not inflating the skills of either. Vodka is better than gin, but neither is scotch or bourbon.

sure - if you take that "don't look back" approach to the days of folks saying that we would have been in the acc championship game if wade hadn't gotten hurt so early. in essence, wade also surprised us when he actually played someone other than the spring game opponent by showing he was not very good at quarterbackmanship


Wade was nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be, but this had been proven as nauseum. There were no good options at QB the past three or four years, wade was just the best of the bunch.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30386
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2418

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby MrAwesomeII on Wed May 09, 2018 10:58 am

I was always struck by how short and fat Wade seemed on the field. It appeared that he needed to fade back 20 yards in order to see over the line. In short, he sucked.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 12:50 pm
Karma: -165

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 09, 2018 6:59 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:McDonald is going to surprise people.

We need to get out of the cycle of bringing in grad transfer qbs

i hope you're right and this isn't just another extension of the inflation of skills a la darius wade/anthony brown


Both Perry and McDonald were far stronger throwers than wade and McDonald was far more accurate than brown. Neither is the athlete brown is, but Perry is more athletic. Don't think either is Glenn Foley, but both throw better than we have seen in a while


Wade was terrible and Perry from the Spring Game sample looked bad to me.

McDonald looked okay but we aren’t beating anyone with either of those kids playing QB.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15888
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -272

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 10, 2018 8:06 am

eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:McDonald is going to surprise people.

We need to get out of the cycle of bringing in grad transfer qbs

i hope you're right and this isn't just another extension of the inflation of skills a la darius wade/anthony brown


Both Perry and McDonald were far stronger throwers than wade and McDonald was far more accurate than brown. Neither is the athlete brown is, but Perry is more athletic. Don't think either is Glenn Foley, but both throw better than we have seen in a while


Wade was terrible and Perry from the Spring Game sample looked bad to me.

McDonald looked okay but we aren’t beating anyone with either of those kids playing QB.


You drink gin.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30386
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2418

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 10, 2018 8:53 am

twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:McDonald is going to surprise people.

We need to get out of the cycle of bringing in grad transfer qbs

i hope you're right and this isn't just another extension of the inflation of skills a la darius wade/anthony brown


Both Perry and McDonald were far stronger throwers than wade and McDonald was far more accurate than brown. Neither is the athlete brown is, but Perry is more athletic. Don't think either is Glenn Foley, but both throw better than we have seen in a while


Wade was terrible and Perry from the Spring Game sample looked bad to me.

McDonald looked okay but we aren’t beating anyone with either of those kids playing QB.


You drink gin.


Our coaches being drunk on gin would explain the current QB situation in Year 6.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15888
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -272

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri May 11, 2018 1:22 pm

NJM89 wrote:If Ab is healthy by the summer which seems to be whats going to happen, we should roll with the guys we got. We havent had this deep of a QB room in years. Someone out of Perry, Mcdonald, and the two freshman will be a valuable number two.


Anyone know his status? He looked ok walking around during the Spring Game.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7713
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 121

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 12, 2018 7:04 am

there has been nothing to suggest he won't be ready for summer camp, daz even said he's ahead of schedule

IRregardless of the nonsense that's posted on taylor swiftruption
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17554
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3029

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat May 12, 2018 2:39 pm

claver2010 wrote:there has been nothing to suggest he won't be ready for summer camp, daz even said he's ahead of schedule

IRregardless of the nonsense that's posted on taylor swiftruption


Let's hope. He hurt his knee on 11/11/17; UMass will only be 9+ months. That would be a fast recovery. Would you want him as the QB if he cannot run?
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7713
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 121

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby claver2010 on Sun May 13, 2018 8:30 am

qb's commonly come back within 9 months from acl tears:

rivers played on torn ACL in afc championship game (late jan), was back preseason week 1 (early aug)
palmer's first knee injury in playoff game where his entire knee was shredded (not porter style) was back 7 months later. 2nd acl tear was in early november, played week 1 preseason
wentz tore both acl & lcl a month after brown, everything points to him being back week 1

purdue's qb played on a torn acl during his bowl game (12/27), expects to be ready week 1
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17554
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3029

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby basselope on Sun May 27, 2018 9:04 am

User avatar
basselope
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Louisville, Ohio
Karma: 518

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby claver2010 on Sun May 27, 2018 9:04 pm

Great find

IRregardless I look forward to taylorswifterruption cognoscenti wondering whether perry the wasp will start vs umass and the fighting bill simmons
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17554
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3029

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby twballgame9 on Sun May 27, 2018 10:28 pm

Zero chance brown is not the starter. I hope he's working on accuracy.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30386
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2418

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon May 28, 2018 12:01 am

I think Brown will be ready and will perform at a high level. The BC-Clemson game should be epic and determine the Atlantic Division title. Somewhat surprisingly, it seems Clemson has a QB battle on their hands with their freshman phenom coming in.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3871
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 142

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon May 28, 2018 8:37 am

claver2010 wrote:Great find

IRregardless I look forward to taylorswifterruption cognoscenti wondering whether perry the wasp will start vs umass and the fighting bill simmons


Those 3 handoffs up 30 against Uconn we burned his redshirt for have surely accelerated his improvement as a quarterback.

Fun offseason game:
Is Daz wily enough to pull this crap as a stealth plan to prevent players from transferring or is that giving him way, way too much credit?
I look forward to being called stupid for expressing the above thought.
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1994
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -467

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby hansen on Mon May 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:Those 3 handoffs up 30 against Uconn we burned his redshirt for have surely accelerated his improvement as a quarterback.

Fun offseason game:
Is Daz wily enough to pull this crap as a stealth plan to prevent players from transferring or is that giving him way, way too much credit?


Wouldn't NOT playing him make it easier for them to transfer? They would they have to burn a year of eligibility sitting out on the sideline satisfying the NCAAs transfer rule (thus, getting no snaps over 2 years and 3 years left to play)? If he plays a player, then he got at least some snaps in for 1 year of his eligibility and then sits out his redshirt year to satisfy the transfer rule (with 3 years left to play). What am I missing?
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14132
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 249

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 30, 2018 9:08 am

MilitantEagle wrote:I think Brown will be ready and will perform at a high level. The BC-Clemson game should be epic and determine the Atlantic Division title. Somewhat surprisingly, it seems Clemson has a QB battle on their hands with their freshman phenom coming in.


On what planet is that game determining the ACC title? BC will have multiple ACC losses by then.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15888
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -272

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed May 30, 2018 5:01 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:I think Brown will be ready and will perform at a high level. The BC-Clemson game should be epic and determine the Atlantic Division title. Somewhat surprisingly, it seems Clemson has a QB battle on their hands with their freshman phenom coming in.


On what planet is that game determining the ACC title? BC will have multiple ACC losses by then.


It's 11-1 season.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3871
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 142

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed May 30, 2018 6:05 pm

hansen wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:Those 3 handoffs up 30 against Uconn we burned his redshirt for have surely accelerated his improvement as a quarterback.

Fun offseason game:
Is Daz wily enough to pull this crap as a stealth plan to prevent players from transferring or is that giving him way, way too much credit?


Wouldn't NOT playing him make it easier for them to transfer? They would they have to burn a year of eligibility sitting out on the sideline satisfying the NCAAs transfer rule (thus, getting no snaps over 2 years and 3 years left to play)? If he plays a player, then he got at least some snaps in for 1 year of his eligibility and then sits out his redshirt year to satisfy the transfer rule (with 3 years left to play). What am I missing?


I’m dumber now
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2357
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 527

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby eepstein0 on Wed May 30, 2018 6:31 pm

MilitantEagle wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:I think Brown will be ready and will perform at a high level. The BC-Clemson game should be epic and determine the Atlantic Division title. Somewhat surprisingly, it seems Clemson has a QB battle on their hands with their freshman phenom coming in.


On what planet is that game determining the ACC title? BC will have multiple ACC losses by then.


It's 11-1 season.


Ah ok got it. Let me know when it becomes 7-5 season
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15888
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -272

Re: Bring in Grad Transfer QB!

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed May 30, 2018 8:50 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
MilitantEagle wrote:I think Brown will be ready and will perform at a high level. The BC-Clemson game should be epic and determine the Atlantic Division title. Somewhat surprisingly, it seems Clemson has a QB battle on their hands with their freshman phenom coming in.


On what planet is that game determining the ACC title? BC will have multiple ACC losses by then.


It's 11-1 season.


Ah ok got it. Let me know when it becomes 7-5 season


September 22, after we lose at Purdue.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 62

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MF73-Eleazar and 7 guests

Untitled document