officials want Bama to remain undefeated

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

officials want Bama to remain undefeated

Postby Eagledom on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:58 pm

LSU just got screwed on a replay that clearly showed a pick that the officials called out of bounds.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Re: officials want Bama to remain undefeated

Postby IWentToBC09 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:47 pm

I disagree, at best it was disputable. None of the camera angles showed any indisputable evidence. I would say the angle I saw made it look like his foot definitely could have been out of bounds.

There was clearly no way that was getting overturned by the very rules of Review in Football
IWentToBC09
n00b

Postby Eagledom on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:49 pm

IWentToBC09 {l Wrote}:I disagree, at best it was disputable. None of the camera angles showed any indisputable evidence. I would say the angle I saw made it look like his foot definitely could have been out of bounds.

There was clearly no way that was getting overturned by the very rules of Review in Football

Every view showed his left foot was down and he had possession. The announcers were shocked too.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby IWentToBC09 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:23 pm

No the one announcer was shocked and kept saying the same thing over and over. There was no view that showed his right foot was down in-bounds and he did not have possession when his left was dragging. The problem was that you could not see the outside of his foot, only the infield side. The two end zone angles couldn't see between his foot and out of bounds white either.

Also, if you listened to that announcer the rest of the broadcast, he was a definite LSU homer.
IWentToBC09
n00b

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:04 am

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagle87 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:05 am

No question that the officials wanted Bama to win. That was clearly an interception. Not to mention the other dubious calls. Tigers got screwed.
Eagle87
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:20 am

I would have made the same call on the field at the time - no INT. In order for that to be overturned there must be clear visual evidence that the original call was wrong. Nothing is clear about that evidence. It's not good enough to say "well it very well could have been an INT". Therefore, the call was upheld. I agree with that. There are plenty of calls to point to that make the argument that officials intentionally make calls that help the undefeated team. This is not one of them.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:40 am

the BCS is a joke.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:15 pm

I was at the game (which was freaking incredible) and was shocked that the play was being reviewed. It didn't look remotely close to being an INT live. Was shocked this next morning while watching highlights to see it was close. It is upsurd to make issue of the play as LSU couldn't move the ball AT ALL against Bama (especially once Jefferson and Scott went out).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:38 pm

I was woefully underwhelmed by both teams.

Ingram was OK, but far from the sick performances you would expect from a Heisman candidate. CJ Spiller is eleventy-billion times better. McElroy is absolute trash. Dom Davis, Chris Crane, Tuggle, Marsco and Shinskie are probably all better than him. Both teams have solid defenses though.

That said... the tailgating and GameDay experience was insane... absolutely nuts. This is what college should be. BAMA! creates an atmosphere that is fun for students, alumni, fans, families, visiting teams and even randoms from NYC. While BC has been pumping out football teams who can compete in every way with these programs, Gene and BC have created a GameDay atmosphere that gets trumped by the Thursday night rehearsal of BAMA's Million Dollar Band. It is so incredibly sad how much we are missing out on.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I was woefully underwhelmed by both teams.

Ingram was OK, but far from the sick performances you would expect from a Heisman candidate. CJ Spiller is eleventy-billion times better. McElroy is absolute trash. Dom Davis, Chris Crane, Tuggle, Marsco and Shinskie are probably all better than him. Both teams have solid defenses though.

That said... the tailgating and GameDay experience was insane... absolutely nuts. This is what college should be. BAMA! creates an atmosphere that is fun for students, alumni, fans, families, visiting teams and even randoms from NYC. While BC has been pumping out football teams who can compete in every way with these programs, Gene and BC have created a GameDay atmosphere that gets trumped by the Thursday night rehearsal of BAMA's Million Dollar Band. It is so incredibly sad how much we are missing out on.

yes, because it is all Gene's fault that the gameday atmosphere at BC is not exactly like Alabama's and that the gameday atmosphere at Conte is not exactly like Duke.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

yes, because it is all Gene's fault that the gameday atmosphere at BC is not exactly like Alabama's and that the gameday atmosphere at Conte is not exactly like Duke.

What a freaking fool.

Yep... that is exactly what I posted. It is all Gene's fault that we don't tailgate like Bama. Anyone ever notice how these same imbecilic merrymen only establish strawmen to make their points. Your right Domino... it isn't Gene's fault. It is Spaz's. We have haven't won a National Championship in FB in over a dozen years and he is the only constant in that equation. Clearly, Spaz is what is holding us back. What an effing retard.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Actually we should blame your mom. The best part of you dripped down her leg. :pontif
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:43 pm

Forget Domino for a second. He admitted to never attending games and apparently prefers to be the boy toy of pinhead and maverick.

I think we can all agree that the on-field product over the past 5-6 years has been better than virtually any other time in the past 15 years. Yet, does anyone dispute that the GameDay atmosphere has actually deteriorated over that same time period? This is impressive considering the Students have gotten better at supporting the football team each and every year.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:49 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I was at the game (which was freaking incredible) and was shocked that the play was being reviewed. It didn't look remotely close to being an INT live. Was shocked this next morning while watching highlights to see it was close. It is upsurd to make issue of the play as LSU couldn't move the ball AT ALL against Bama (especially once Jefferson and Scott went out).

ugh - are you going to turn into comaveconvictbaldwinjr and suck the sec nuts herein as well?

Since when have I loved the SEC?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:51 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I was at the game (which was freaking incredible) and was shocked that the play was being reviewed. It didn't look remotely close to being an INT live. Was shocked this next morning while watching highlights to see it was close. It is upsurd to make issue of the play as LSU couldn't move the ball AT ALL against Bama (especially once Jefferson and Scott went out).

ugh - are you going to turn into comaveconvictbaldwinjr and suck the sec nuts herein as well?

Since when have I loved the SEC?

Back when you used to post as BUConvict. :chewbanka
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

What a freaking fool.

Yep... that is exactly what I posted. It is all Gene's fault that we don't tailgate like Bama. Anyone ever notice how these same imbecilic merrymen only establish strawmen to make their points. Your right Domino... it isn't Gene's fault. It is Spaz's. We have haven't won a National Championship in FB in over a dozen years and he is the only constant in that equation. Clearly, Spaz is what is holding us back. What an effing retard.

Tailgating has sucked at BC for a while, so let's not act like the deterioration is some huge drop off. There are two main factors I would cite that are the reason for the deterioration that we have seen lately. 1) gestapo police tactics and 2) skyrocketing parking pass costs. I'm sure Gene has a lot to do with the decisions involved with both. How much is "fault" doesn't necessarily mean the same thing. Could be a wide range of percentage that is his fault IMO, and I don't bother speculating since I don't know details. Anyone with behind-the-scenes knowledge want to speculate?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:30 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

What a freaking fool.

Tailgating has sucked at BC for a while, so let's not act like the deterioration is some huge drop off. There are two main factors I would cite that are the reason for the deterioration that we have seen lately. 1) gestapo police tactics and 2) skyrocketing parking pass costs. I'm sure Gene has a lot to do with the decisions involved with both. How much is "fault" doesn't necessarily mean the same thing. Could be a wide range of percentage that is his fault IMO, and I don't bother speculating since I don't know details. Anyone with behind-the-scenes knowledge want to speculate?

HJS has already told you thie inside sccoop. Chestnut Hill on a Fall Saturday would be exactly like Tuscaloosa if it weren't for Gene. It has nothing to do with Southern football culture, the fanbase, the size of the schools or any of that. It's all Gene's fault that they aren't exactly alike.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:14 pm

Well... it may have taken about 90 years, but BC finally has provided a satisfactory response to the neighbors complaints. Kudos Gene!
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:24 pm

I challenge anyone on this board to go to an SEC football game, then go to a BC football game, and bemoan a recruit's decision to head to an SEC school ever again.

Additionally, that was clearly a pick. The whole "he was tucking the ball to his chest so he didn't have control" thing is idiotic. He clearly had the ball in his grip as his right foot landed 6 inches in bounds. His left was debatable, but irrelevant since he only needed one foot to be in bounds.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby IWentToBC09 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:30 pm

I'll take a UM-OSU game at UM, thanks.
IWentToBC09
n00b

Postby shockdoct on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:41 pm

All I care about is randy's opinion on this matter.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:01 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:I challenge anyone on this board to go to an SEC football game, then go to a BC football game, and bemoan a recruit's decision to head to an SEC school ever again.

Additionally, that was clearly a pick. The whole "he was tucking the ball to his chest so he didn't have control" thing is idiotic. He clearly had the ball in his grip as his right foot landed 6 inches in bounds. His left was debatable, but irrelevant since he only needed one foot to be in bounds.

The trip confirmed what I have always said when dealing with kids who were down to BC and Georgia (Hyphen Tightend), UF (Beal) or Tenn (Rettig)... there aren't more different programs in the country than BC and these SEC schools. I don't begrudge kids for picking one of the other, but it certainly says a lot about their decision making and what is important to them.

I was actually taken a-back at how much the Bama/LSU fans' self-worth was tied up into whether their team was going to win. It really was somewhat eye-opening. They will support the coach until their death bed. The Coach is like a personal friend... or a member of their immediate family. You simply can't criticize them (unless they start losing regularly). The players are treated like royalty when performing well. However, I kinda felt the fan adulation to be a little fake. The fans down there turn on them right quick. One little mistake and they are ready to string up these kids. They didn't seem to care at all about them as kids... just as mercenaries/gladiators.

The games, however, are other-worldly... just wild fan support. I would say that it is much better to be at one of those programs about 7 days a year... 8 if you want to count the Spring Game. Other than that, I think BC offers a hell of a lot more. All that said, I think BC (with minimal effort) could close the gap on those 7 days a hell of a lot easier than the SEC schools can close the cavern that exists between them and BC on any other day of the year.

Finally, as for the INT, it was next to impossible to overturn. Seeing it live, looked like he was out. Watching the replay... if you put a gun to my head, I'd say it's a pick, but far from conclusive. The moment he catches the ball, his right foot is off the turf and his left foot is down. The question is whether the left foot is partially touching the white of the out-of-bounds (which is what I believe they say they couldn't determine). In this YouTube video, you can freeze the shot the moment the ball is caught and see that it all comes down to the placement of the left foot. Pretty impossible to overturn whatever the call was on the field.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:15 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:I challenge anyone on this board to go to an SEC football game, then go to a BC football game, and bemoan a recruit's decision to head to an SEC school ever again.

The trip confirmed what I have always said when dealing with kids who were down to BC and Georgia (Hyphen Tightend), UF (Beal) or Tenn (Rettig)... there aren't more different programs in the country than BC and these SEC schools. I don't begrudge kids for picking one of the other, but it certainly says a lot about their decision making and what is important to them.

I was actually taken a-back at how much the Bama/LSU fans' self-worth was tied up into whether their team was going to win. It really was somewhat eye-opening. They will support the coach until their death bed. The Coach is like a personal friend... or a member of their immediate family. You simply can't criticize them (unless they start losing regularly). The players are treated like royalty when performing well. However, I kinda felt the fan adulation to be a little fake. The fans down there turn on them right quick. One little mistake and they are ready to string up these kids. They didn't seem to care at all about them as kids... just as mercenaries/gladiators.

The games, however, are other-worldly... just wild fan support. I would say that it is much better to be at one of those programs about 7 days a year... 8 if you want to count the Spring Game. Other than that, I think BC offers a hell of a lot more. All that said, I think BC (with minimal effort) could close the gap on those 7 days a hell of a lot easier than the SEC schools can close the cavern that exists between them and BC on any other day of the year.

Finally, as for the INT, it was next to impossible to overturn. Seeing it live, looked like he was out. Watching the replay... if you put a gun to my head, I'd say it's a pick, but far from conclusive. The moment he catches the ball, his right foot is off the turf and his left foot is down. The question is whether the left foot is partially touching the white of the out-of-bounds (which is what I believe they say they couldn't determine). In this YouTube video, you can freeze the shot the moment the ball is caught and see that it all comes down to the placement of the left foot. Pretty impossible to overturn whatever the call was on the field.

if you can't overturn that, replay is a joke. pretty damn conclusive.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:56 pm

It's because BAMA! is in the cabal!
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium