Addazio Interview

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Addazio Interview

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:10 am

"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Re: Addazio Interview

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 am

Only took one question to hit on injuries and youth.
Addazio: We felt great about where we were in training camp, from last year's bowl game. We were finally getting to what I felt was the right fit for us here. The bowl prep last year was an advantage. We felt pretty damn good. We were playing with a young quarterback and a young tailback, and there would be growing pains. We knew that. But then, really, what happened was: Early, we lost Jon Baker, our starting center. He really tied everything together -- made all the calls, the protections. He was a security blanket. When we lost him, it really affected us dramatically. We had to play a true freshman, who'd never played center in his life. We started him against Wake Forest. That was hard for anybody. The kid went on to have a great year, but it had more of an effect on a young quarterback than anyone, including us, expected. It stymied our growth a little, and it took us a couple, three games to get our sea legs back.

In the process, what happened was we lost Connor Strachan, Max Richardson -- we went on this injury routine that didn't stop. When we finally stabilized our offense, we lost the heart of our defense. We lost Harold [Landry], essentially for the rest of the year.
Then we got against Notre Dame, and the next thing you know, we're just kind of bolo punched. But here's what you could see. We knew we'd have a really good football team, we just had to hang in there for a little bit while guys kind of reset.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 am

In fairness, this might be the one time he can get away with injuries and youth. He had potential star who went down at an important position, had a backup that went down, and found a true freshman tackle that he was able to turn into a force in the middle within 4-5 games. If it wasn't for the number of times he has played this card when he should not have done so, no one would think twice about this excuse in these circumstances.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:15 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Only took one question to hit on injuries and youth.
Addazio: We felt great about where we were in training camp, from last year's bowl game. We were finally getting to what I felt was the right fit for us here. The bowl prep last year was an advantage. We felt pretty damn good. We were playing with a young quarterback and a young tailback, and there would be growing pains. We knew that. But then, really, what happened was: Early, we lost Jon Baker, our starting center. He really tied everything together -- made all the calls, the protections. He was a security blanket. When we lost him, it really affected us dramatically. We had to play a true freshman, who'd never played center in his life. We started him against Wake Forest. That was hard for anybody. The kid went on to have a great year, but it had more of an effect on a young quarterback than anyone, including us, expected. It stymied our growth a little, and it took us a couple, three games to get our sea legs back.

In the process, what happened was we lost Connor Strachan, Max Richardson -- we went on this injury routine that didn't stop. When we finally stabilized our offense, we lost the heart of our defense. We lost Harold [Landry], essentially for the rest of the year.
Then we got against Notre Dame, and the next thing you know, we're just kind of bolo punched. But here's what you could see. We knew we'd have a really good football team, we just had to hang in there for a little bit while guys kind of reset.

It doesn't bother me that much when he says this stuff in February. It pisses me off when he says it from August through December.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:29 pm

yeah but no one outside of this board realizes he plays that card all the time
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:52 pm

What about that writer from the Heights who Daz glared at?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:In fairness, this might be the one time he can get away with injuries and youth. He had potential star who went down at an important position, had a backup that went down, and found a true freshman tackle that he was able to turn into a force in the middle within 4-5 games. If it wasn't for the number of times he has played this card when he should not have done so, no one would think twice about this excuse in these circumstances.

It's Year 6. Please spare me youth and injuries.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:35 pm

in all honesty, i'd rather hear his stupid youth and injuries bullshit than his #dude gaiety or wwf promo speeches
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:58 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:In fairness, this might be the one time he can get away with injuries and youth. He had potential star who went down at an important position, had a backup that went down, and found a true freshman tackle that he was able to turn into a force in the middle within 4-5 games. If it wasn't for the number of times he has played this card when he should not have done so, no one would think twice about this excuse in these circumstances.

It's Year 6. Please spare me youth and injuries.

How many centers do good coaches carry to avoid excuses when the top two get hurt? Asking for a friend.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:00 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in all honesty, i'd rather hear his stupid youth and injuries bullshit than his #dude gaiety or wwf promo speeches

False
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:39 pm

Addazio dropped "a couple/three" in there. He reads the board!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in all honesty, i'd rather hear his stupid youth and injuries bullshit than his #dude gaiety or wwf promo speeches

False

fuck you, microweener. who are you to tell me what i would rather hear?

why don't you go out and scour the shirtless high school center webpages in case the first 3 get hurt this year
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:53 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

False

why don't you go out and scour the shirtless high school center webpages in case the first 3 get hurt this year

It's year 6, he should have more than four centers on the roster.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

False

It's year 6, he should have more than four centers on the roster.

tight ends and centers are what make the game of college football what it is today. he should be taking 2 of each AT LEAST each year... in case of injuries or one of them not working out. for the ones that don't work out, we could find other roles for them on the team... like holder or wide receiver

how are the 4th-string-spring-game-5th-game-starters going to gel if they don't start working together early? the qb/center relationship is crucial - especially at the 4th string level
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium