2018 Spring Practice

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2018 Spring Practice

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:34 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Would assume EJ Perry runs the show in Spring? Maybe Flutie?

Perry, McDonald and walkons.

We are really thin at QB.

cupboards were bare, hansen. youth and injuries. can't blame the coaches that just arrived on campus right around the time the redshirt seniors did

fuck this guy with a rusty ice pick

Even if it took promising him the starting job on opening day, Daz needed the depth. Instead, what could be a very good season depends on the health Brown's knee...and shoulder. If Brown has a setback, we could be left with '15 all over again...

It is really unfortunate that with his injury, Brown missed the bowl practices and will miss (I assume) the spring. Nobody needs the reps more. 2018 could be a special season but it will all come down to the QB. If Brown plays like he did against UVA, we have a legit chance to win the ACC. If we get the Wake Forest Brown, we will be lucky to be bowl eligible.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:51 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:jeff smith (non-reggie bush version) holds

can't fault eepstein for not knowing that. his head is usually somewhere else on gamedays

so, anybody can anybody without gameday penis-breath* tell me if shredder flutie is still a thing or not? per the bceagles site, he played in two games and had no statistics in 2017

*foot, if you know i will accept your answer in spite of this caveat

I know the main reason everyone cites this photo but my favorite part of it is the quintessential BC guy in the lowest row. He drags his poor wife and daughter to a shit game, makes them sit in the sun in the upper deck and has on the typical BC grad outfit. A BC tee shirt tucked into khaki pants which are high tides of course. This is on top of the docksiders with no socks. Well done young man.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:30 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

cupboards were bare, hansen. youth and injuries. can't blame the coaches that just arrived on campus right around the time the redshirt seniors did

I know Wade didn't show much special, but letting him leave was really a mistake. Even if it took promising him the starting job on opening day, Daz needed the depth. Instead, what could be a very good season depends on the health Brown's knee...and shoulder. If Brown has a setback, we could be left with '15 all over again...

I don’t want to see anymore Darius Wade.

Develop a QB. If you think Perry has the tools develop him into a QB

Wade had more tools than Perry. Who exactly do you think is getting hired to do the developing.

Name me one tool Darius Wade possessed?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:35 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

pre-season for the last 3 years he possessed the ability to walk on water and hypothetically lead the t.s. slaughter team to the acc and national championship per many posters on this board.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:49 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I know Wade didn't show much special, but letting him leave was really a mistake. Even if it took promising him the starting job on opening day, Daz needed the depth. Instead, what could be a very good season depends on the health Brown's knee...and shoulder. If Brown has a setback, we could be left with '15 all over again...

Wade had more tools than Perry. Who exactly do you think is getting hired to do the developing.

He's the only guy on the roster that has a likelihood of completing more that 35% of thrown balls, for one.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:53 am

Tool #2 - capable of going 16 for 20 for 250 yards and a touchdown while blowing out your rival.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:54 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Capable of not looking like Flutie or Fadule in '2015 if our only QB with experience who is still out with a knee injury and has a bad shoulder can't make it through the entire season.

Again, Daz should've just promised him the starter job. "100%, I will sign a legal contract, you start at least every game in September if you stay."
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:07 am

is wade really that much better than Flutie/fadule?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:30 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:is wade really that much better than Flutie/fadule?

Really? Is flutie/fadule tnt long ago? Start with ACC wins and go from there.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:38 am

Seriously?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:39 am

Unquestionably.

I'm still optimistic about 2018. But if Brown can't go it really can be '15 level terrible without Wade. Wade would comfortably get us to 7 wins.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:36 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Unquestionably.

I'm still optimistic about 2018. But if Brown can't go it really can be '15 level terrible without Wade. Wade would comfortably get us to 7 wins.

with the upcoming schedule, eepstein's gin servant could get the team to 7 wins.

i love that the upselling of darius wade and his abilities continues, even after his departure. stay strong, dreamers
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:20 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Unquestionably.

with the upcoming schedule, eepstein's gin servant could get the team to 7 wins.

i love that the upselling of darius wade and his abilities continues, even after his departure. stay strong, dreamers

Wade was, at worst, as good as Brown was last year, but it's good to see that TRE is finally giving a mouth hug to Kap'n Ketchup.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:30 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Unquestionably.

I just noted your post was retarded. I didn't upsell anything.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:13 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Unquestionably.

BC would go 2-10 or 3-9 at best next year with Flutie or Fadule.

You forget how awful they were
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:04 am

Baker, E. Johnson & Brown out for the spring. Sounds like Fadule is healthy. Anyone know about the other injured guys: Leonard, Strachan, Richardson and Lamont?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:47 am

we are scary thin at the most important position, amazing in year 6
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:28 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:we are scary thin at the most important position, amazing in year 6

In the spring, yes. But we have two freshman QBs coming in who seem legitimate. If Brown goes down, then one of those guys might take over as the starter. With the transfer rules the way they are now, there are more moving pieces to a roster. But at the same time, freshman QBs are also more ready to play as a result of all of the camps and training that goes on at the high school level. Look at Bama, last year they started a freshman in the national title game (who was not that highly rated, relatively speaking), and this year they had a true freshman come in and tear it up and win the game.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:30 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:we are scary thin at the most important position, amazing in year 6

In the spring, yes. But we have two freshman QBs coming in who seem legitimate. If Brown goes down, then one of those guys might take over as the starter. With the transfer rules the way they are now, there are more moving pieces to a roster. But at the same time, freshman QBs are also more ready to play as a result of all of the camps and training that goes on at the high school level. Look at Bama, last year they started a freshman in the national title game (who was not that highly rated, relatively speaking), and this year they had a true freshman come in and tear it up and win the game.

That Bama freshman was a Top 30 player overall and the #1 QB in the country...

Try again
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:14 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Try again

I was referring to Jalen Hurts when I said "last year." He was 192.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:59 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Try again

Hurt is/was not good as a QB but point taken.

Neither of these freshman are anywhere near that level.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:02 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Try again

Hurts is a good RB. Unfortunately, he lined up as QB this year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:09 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Try again

One of them just needs to be better than Darius Wade for our QB depth to be better than it was in 2017. Not an unrealistic expectation.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:40 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Try again

One of them just needs to be better than Darius Wade for our QB depth to be better than it was in 2017. Not an unrealistic expectation.

No, but with Assdazio's track record of developing QBs, I doubt either one will perform to that level. It'll be another excuse for Coach Thin Skin
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Try again

No, but with Assdazio's track record of developing QBs, I doubt either one will perform to that level. It'll be another excuse for Coach Thin Skin

Debatable. Tyler Murphy came in with a limited track record and he rushed for the most yards ever by an ACC QB (at the time). Anthony Brown was also improving, quickly in my opinion, before he went down.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:50 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Try again

Debatable. Tyler Murphy came in with a limited track record and he rushed for the most yards ever by an ACC QB (at the time). Anthony Brown was also improving, quickly in my opinion, before he went down.

He's been here five years. His first transfer and the freshman incumbent are the best you can do and that was a huge stretch.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 am

but recruiting isn't his problem...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am

I'll never understand the decision to bring in a washed up Towels and not play Wade in 2016.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:34 am

i think wade's not-goodness had a lot to do with it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:but recruiting isn't his problem...

You are worse than my wife. Had you not completely fucked the search function in a hissy fit, it would take me six seconds to find eight posts saying recruiting has been better than ever other than QB. It will then say it has been particularly strong at DB and maybe not as good as it needs to be at OL, but not bad.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium