Semifinals Games

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Semifinals Games

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:15 pm

thought they played defense in the sec
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Semifinals Games

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 pm

OU is the much better team. Clemson or Alabama would destroy Georgia.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 pm

TWO WORDS...

TEH CLEMPSON

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Hard to tell if Oklahoma is good or Georgia is bad.

This is a clinic either way.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Allman Brothers from the Georgia band!!!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby bcshater on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:05 pm

This first semi is over at the halftime. Unfortunately I took Georgia. The last OK TD was entertaining to watch.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Georgia was never the right call. OU was easy money
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:06 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:This first semi is over at the halftime. Unfortunately I took Georgia. The last OK TD was entertaining to watch.

Good call
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:18 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Georgia was never the right call. OU was easy money

Remind me never to get in a foxhole with you
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:36 pm

holy crap what a game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:37 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Georgia was never the right call. OU was easy money

I thought so too, esp getting 3. Was thinking of the money line. GA making me sweat now.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:19 pm

Fuck . Mea culpa
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:48 pm

This thread is funny to read after watching the UGA game.

I though UGa was going to blow OK out after the way they played in the SEC title game... I was really surprised how close it was. The fact the UGA defense didn’t show up to the second half was a big equalizer.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:36 pm

In OT... 4th and an inch in OT after holding UGA to a FG. Game was lost when Riley pulled a Dazoo and settled for a FG. You have a FG kicker who has been kicking all day. And they have a FG kicker who drilled a 55 yarder going into half. You have the reigning Heisman. You get the first down and play to win right there.

Clempsun looks like the same garbage we saw from them against BC and Cuse. Completely outclassed by Bama. Now... we get to hear all about the great SEC for a week. Have to feel for USF who would've put up much more of fight than the dancing Dabos. BTW... Christian Wilkins has been completely owned by the Bama OL. I actually wondered if he was in the game. Once I found him, I've been watching how wildly unproductive he's been. Can't imagine him doing anything in the NFL if he's being manhandled by every Bama interior lineman with ease.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:17 am

HJS {l Wrote}:In OT... 4th and an inch in OT after holding UGA to a FG. Game was lost when Riley pulled a Dazoo and settled for a FG. You have a FG kicker who has been kicking all day. And they have a FG kicker who drilled a 55 yarder going into half. You have the reigning Heisman. You get the first down and play to win right there.

playcalling throughout the end of the 4th & OTs was atrocious, especially that 3rd down and 2 call in 1st OT. a fly sweep to a 225 wr who had 2 rushes all year until that play? you have the Heisman winner who has put up millions of yards for you over the years...if you wanted to run the ball your rb was averaging 8 per carry

then obviously settling for a fg was straight out of the dazoo getting too tight when game is on the line
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:22 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:In OT... 4th and an inch in OT after holding UGA to a FG. Game was lost when Riley pulled a Dazoo and settled for a FG. You have a FG kicker who has been kicking all day. And they have a FG kicker who drilled a 55 yarder going into half. You have the reigning Heisman. You get the first down and play to win right there.

playcalling throughout the end of the 4th & OTs was atrocious, especially that 3rd down and 2 call in 1st OT. a fly sweep to a 225 wr who had 2 rushes all year until that play? you have the Heisman winner who has put up millions of yards for you over the years...if you wanted to run the ball your rb was averaging 8 per carry

then obviously settling for a fg was straight out of the dazoo getting too tight when game is on the line

Noticed the same thing, if you weren't going to put the ball in Mayfield's hands, just run it up the middle that fly sweep was dumb. Same with the 3rd and 3 at the end of the game, a deep ball? You still had at least one time out and just needed a field goal.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:30 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Fuck . Mea culpa

I didn't realize Daz was going to coach Oklahoma in the 2nd half.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:25 am

oklahoma went full dazoo...but it also covered up uga going dazoo as well.

points that come to mind:

-1st quarter 4th and 3 at the oklahoma 31: field goal kick which wouldve made it 14-10...in a game in which 102 points were scored
-this may a bit more controversial: i thought they should've gone for it in the 3rd quarter on 4th and inches at their own 40
-kneel at the 25 with 2 timeouts and 17 seconds left...when your kicker has already made a 55 yarder

they will likely pay for that conservative mindset against a coach who isn't a moron monday night

that wheel route call on the final drive in regulation by oklahoma was atrocious. as was not going for it on 4th and 1 in OT 1. as was not letting the best player on your team control the outcome of the game in ot.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:35 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:oklahoma went full dazoo...but it also covered up uga going dazoo as well.

points that come to mind:

-1st quarter 4th and 3 at the oklahoma 31: field goal kick which wouldve made it 14-10...in a game in which 102 points were scored
-this may a bit more controversial: i thought they should've gone for it in the 3rd quarter on 4th and inches at their own 40
-kneel at the 25 with 2 timeouts and 17 seconds left...when your kicker has already made a 55 yarder

they will likely pay for that conservative mindset against a coach who isn't a moron monday night

that wheel route call on the final drive in regulation by oklahoma was atrocious. as was not going for it on 4th and 1 in OT 1. as was not letting the best player on your team control the outcome of the game in ot.

How about that squib kick late in the 2ndQ?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:43 am

up to that point the kicker had:

-touchback
-touchback
-touchback
-touchback

so naturally they kick that squib to end the half.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:00 am

That was annoying. Now we have to listen to SEC love all offseason.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:08 am

Not letting Mayfield throw in the first OT was as bad as coaching gets. When they did pass it was all behind the line, no throws to the endzone. They start at the 25 Yard line, throw to the endzone to win it! At least we don’t pay Daz 5 million!!!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:19 am

also hard to look at the teams yesterday and think well ever get close to them

gonna take a number of things coming together...daz leaving a decent team and getting a competent gameday coach (toby to jags), down season in the acc, luck, etc
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:45 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:also hard to look at the teams yesterday and think well ever get close to them

gonna take a number of things coming together...daz leaving a decent team and getting a competent gameday coach (toby to jags), down season in the acc, luck, etc

We were close to Clemson and I think we can beat them next year. Kelly Bryant ain't Watson. He isn't even Boyd. However, he is a better dancer than both.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:30 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:up to that point the kicker had:

-touchback
-touchback
-touchback
-touchback

so naturally they kick that squib to end the half.

Which led to the 55-yard FG.

And that wheel route on 3rd and 2 at midfield with 2 TOs was ridiculous. Get the first on a run. Call timeout. Take a couple of shots over the middle to get into FG range. Gym teachers populate all the ranks of college coaching.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:30 pm

I enjoyed watching the Coaches' Film Room coverage. Dana Holgorsen might be the smartest person to ever reside in Morgantown. He was very interesting to listen to.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:31 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:also hard to look at the teams yesterday and think well ever get close to them

Yup, watching the games was a depressing reminder of this fact. Alabama has 18 5 stars on their roster. Georgia has 11. I know recruiting rankings are biased, but the overwhelming talent on those two teams is pretty obvious. But...we hung with Clemson and UCF beat Auburn...so anything is possible I suppose.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:03 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Yup, watching the games was a depressing reminder of this fact. Alabama has 18 5 stars on their roster. Georgia has 11. I know recruiting rankings are biased, but the overwhelming talent on those two teams is pretty obvious. But...we hung with Clemson and UCF beat Auburn...so anything is possible I suppose.

Drawing conclusions from Auburn's batshit crazy results this year is impossible - lost to Teh Clemson and Teh Orgeron and Scott Frost, but will have beaten whoever the champion ends up being. There was some chicken and egg thing with their offense - either the rest of their offense sets up the RB or vice versa - but whenever the setup worked, they rolled. When it didn't, they lost to teams they could or should have (and in UGA's case, did) beaten. They also signed Malzahn to a long extension and will likely fire him in two years. Close friend is an Auburn fan and what I have learned from watching a few of their games with her is that that program is inexplicably, bizarrely, consistently wacky.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:29 pm

did you give her the alabama shakes? did you hit her in the randy rhodes?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium