Navy up 14 over ND

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Navy up 14 over ND

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:14 pm

weinerdog {l Wrote}:Just another reminder that ND is a dogshit team this year. I hope this keeps up. I see no reason it shouldn't. This is what happens when you play the ND offense straight up, instead of giving them 8 yards for free every play. It kills me that BC blew that game. It will go down as the best win of Weis's tenure, when all is said and done.

Whether the wipeout continues or not, I just hope Navy hangs on, to put a premature end to all the ND BCS and Heisman speculation. ND still ought to lose to Pitt and Stanford anyway, but the sooner they're out of the picture, the better.

actually, not sure what game you were watching, Navy played them a lot like us, gave up a huge cushion on the wideouts. even nd's announcers were sayng about how you can't give such a cushion to tate/floyd. oops. so much for that idea.

p.s. since when can you do a free kick on a tee after a safety? i always thought it had to be punted down the field... i've never seen it done off a tee before.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCfaninCharlotte on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:18 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
weinerdog {l Wrote}:Just another reminder that ND is a dogshit team this year. I hope this keeps up. I see no reason it shouldn't. This is what happens when you play the ND offense straight up, instead of giving them 8 yards for free every play. It kills me that BC blew that game. It will go down as the best win of Weis's tenure, when all is said and done.

Whether the wipeout continues or not, I just hope Navy hangs on, to put a premature end to all the ND BCS and Heisman speculation. ND still ought to lose to Pitt and Stanford anyway, but the sooner they're out of the picture, the better.

actually, not sure what game you were watching, Navy played them a lot like us, gave up a huge cushion on the wideouts. even nd's announcers were sayng about how you can't give such a cushion to tate/floyd. oops. so much for that idea.

p.s. since when can you do a free kick on a tee after a safety? i always thought it had to be punted down the field... i've never seen it done off a tee before.

That's only in the NFL
BCfaninCharlotte
n00b

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:20 pm

BCfaninCharlotte {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

That's only in the NFL

they should change the rule in ncaa... onside kickoffs on free kicks are teh ghey

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby RyanBC on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:21 pm

Hard to be too mad at Montel, because he is a great kid and a really really good player...

but I am so pissed that we lost to that dogshit team and handed them the game, preventing whatever sombrero 74 was going to give them for 7 straight ... the only silver lining was it could have kept Weiss around in 2010 but now that won't happen anyway ... ND will lose 2 more -- they are basically a mid tier mac team with 2 NFL players (floyd and clausen)...

shoulda coulda woulda -- let's go win the ACC !!
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby BCfaninCharlotte on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Do they let Chuck finish out the season? They have to, right? You can't really fire Weis and leave Tenuta in charge because he's a lame duck too.
BCfaninCharlotte
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:24 pm

Charley Weis is like TOBlunders0-13.

After going 2-13 probbaly in the Atlantic..oh he had injuries like on ESPN....next year he has Russell Wilson back....

Botttom line--he can't coach....

If Weis survives and TOblunders0-13 get new life....there is no God.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:24 pm

RyanBC {l Wrote}: they are basically a mid tier mac team with 2 NFL players (floyd and clausen)...

Tate and Rudolph will also be pros, but you're right otherwise.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:25 pm

i was looking at espn top 25 score and came across ND and it listed their record as 6-3 (0-1). i then realized that it considers them part of the I-A independent "conference".

i then realized that ND is not even the best I-A independent team anymore as navy is 7-3 (1-0). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby RyanBC on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:25 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
RyanBC {l Wrote}: they are basically a mid tier mac team with 2 NFL players (floyd and clausen)...

agreed
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby RyanBC on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:26 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:i was looking at espn top 25 score and came across ND and it listed their record as 6-3 (0-1). i then realized that it considers them part of the I-A independent "conference".

i then realized that ND is not even the best I-A independent team anymore as navy is 7-3 (1-0). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

return to the return to the return to the echoes of glory ??
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:27 pm

RyanBC {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:i was looking at espn top 25 score and came across ND and it listed their record as 6-3 (0-1). i then realized that it considers them part of the I-A independent "conference".

return to the return to the return to the echoes of glory ??

where's ZahmHall when we need him? it would be a nice to talk trash about him, his team, and his :skank of a daughter.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:29 pm

This ND loss is really going to pay some dividends:

1) ND now has absolutely no chance of stealing a BCS bid and..

2) ND now has virtually a 100% chance of stealing a Gator Bowl bid from a Big East team

The whining will be great.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby RyanBC on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:46 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:This ND loss is really going to pay some dividends:

1) ND now has absolutely no chance of stealing a BCS bid and..

2) ND now has virtually a 100% chance of stealing a Gator Bowl bid from a Big East team

The whining will be great.

the flaw is i think they will lose to stanford and pitt. maybe they can win the hula bowl again and get another top recruit from hawaii??
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby AMDG on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Off to ND Nation for some schadenfreude.
AMDG
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:58 pm

:flagus :flagus :flagus :flagus :flagus
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Taking a look at ND's schedule the rest of the and it's no cakewalk. They have at Pitt, UConn and Stanford; 6-6 is not out of the question for them. I doubt it'll happen because Wanstedt is such a horrible coach that there's no way he wins next week.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:08 pm

RyanBC {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:

agreed

As much as I hate ND, their safety is going to be in the NFL along with one or two of their OLs.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:22 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

That's only in the NFL

Actually, "free kick" means you are free to kick it either way, tee or punt. They always choose to punt because of the hang time. It's the same in both, and you can onsides in both.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Off to ND Nation for some schadenfreude.

OMG!

ROTFLMMFAO! :pepper2 :lol: :D :banana
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby RyanBC on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:49 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
RyanBC {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:

agreed

As much as I hate ND, their safety is going to be in the NFL along with one or two of their OLs.

disagree on the safety ... and young may sneak in as a priority free agent but olson doesn't have a pulse -- also tate is a tweener, not a lot of NFL wrs built like that (but he's a playmaker)
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:58 pm

RyanBC {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
RyanBC {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:

agreed

disagree on the safety ... and young may sneak in as a priority free agent but olson doesn't have a pulse -- also tate is a tweener, not a lot of NFL wrs built like that (but he's a playmaker)

Tate will be in the league, I understand what you are saying but WRs don't have a particular type these days
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby RyanBC on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:02 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
RyanBC {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
RyanBC {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:

agreed

Tate will be in the league, I understand what you are saying but WRs don't have a particular type these days

not disagreeing but it will be interesting to see how he translates and if he is a two year guy or a ten year guy
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby BCfaninCharlotte on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

That's only in the NFL

Actually, "free kick" means you are free to kick it either way, tee or punt. They always choose to punt because of the hang time. It's the same in both, and you can onsides in both.

Look it up, you have to punt in NFL
BCfaninCharlotte
n00b

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

That's only in the NFL

Link? This one doesn't agree with you but I'm not sure how credible...first one on google.

http://football.calsci.com/TheRules6.html
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:31 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

That's only in the NFL

Link? This one doesn't agree with you but I'm not sure how credible...first one on google.

http://football.calsci.com/TheRules6.html

NFL.com...http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/safety
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

That's only in the NFL

i understand the hangtime argument but can't you kick a ball a lot further using a tee?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby weinerdog on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:26 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

I'll come clean. Busted. I wasn't watching the game that closely, just cleaning house and glancing over to usually see Navy with the ball. I did see Navy putting enough pressure on Clausen to flush him out of the pocket fairly regularly and presumed it was because his receivers were being covered tightly enough that he couldn't just dump it out wide. I didn't hear the announcers say that about the cushion. I tuned them out in disgust after I realized that gargling sound was ND cack in their mouths.
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCfaninCharlotte on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:30 pm

D'OH! Sorry, I was looking at wikipedia.
BCfaninCharlotte
n00b

Postby eaglesmith on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:34 pm

ND Nation is hysterical. They're asking questions like "Should we take Gruden now, or wait for Saban, Meyer, or Stoops after the BCS?"

Also, they consider Brian Kelly to be a second-tier coach.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby weinerdog on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:51 pm

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:ND Nation is hysterical. They're asking questions like "Should we take Gruden now, or wait for Saban, Meyer, or Stoops after the BCS?"

Also, they consider Brian Kelly to be a second-tier coach.

Fitting. I consider them to be third-tier fans. This is why Notre Dame will never be a true contender again. The guys they want wouldn't touch them with a 100-mile pole. The guys they need, they don't want. I hope Charlie stays there forever. He's a perfect match of arrogant bluster and ineptitude for that dysfunctional corn-hole campus. But I suspect they'll dump him after they regress next year. I predict their search for a new guy will again yield high comedy, and as a bonus will somehow involve Tom O'Brien.
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium