Pinstripe game thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Pinstripe game thread

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:35 pm

I'm also in a "this bowl was stupid" camp. Ice rink field took away all Dillon's ability to make cuts. Wade definitely isn't good enough to win the game with only his arm when he's only throwing on predictable 3rd downs. And the injuries and lack of depth on D killed us in the 2nd half.

Also, and I know this is bullshit crybaby shit, but the garbage unsportsmanlike conduct penalty turned a 3rd and goal from the 26 into a 1st and goal TD from the 13. That and the oddly rushed FG miss cost us the game.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Pretty obvious Dillon was playing hurt. Looked like his ankle was bothering him. Why Addazzio kept running him into the line was beyond me. Every time Dillon got the balm, he would turn his back into the line. Would’ve liked to have seen more Levy in this game, especially in the 2nd half.
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Top talking about burning red shirts you dumb shits.

Weak penalty gave them 7.

How did I lose to this guy???

Because you are terrible. Talk burnt red shirts

If you really need to play a freshman, like Dillon, you play them. If they’re that good, they’ll leave early, anyways. What ticks me off is playing someone like Noa Merritt in just one game, against Howard, his sophomore year. He would be really valuable next year. That’s just stupid roster management.

Get better players. Play the best ones. Red shirts are for Tom O'Brien

You’re right, players never develop. And we can clearly recruit like Clemson and Bama. Glad you paid for the mini-golf course.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:38 pm

Also, the silver lining is a 7-win Daz remains on a warm coaching seat. Don't want him getting smug and comfortable with all the garbage progress shit he'd spew with 8 wins.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Guineas can’t coach football worth a damn. Vince Lombardi got whatever amount of talent existed for the whole no good race of lying thieves. As such, the rest of them suck and the Sarge is the second worst of the lot behind Spaz. He is like the homeless man’s version of Sam Ruttigliano.

Great fucking job Dazzler. Why don’t you go eat a big of dicks smothered in Heinz 57.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 pm

Pretty good 2nd half
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:51 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I never need to see Darius Wade in a BC uniform again. Please leave and never come back

I'll take him over Brown now.

You should stop watching football if you really believe this.

Absolutely terrible coaching and terrible QB play

You're proven to be fucking stupid

I'll spare the Ben Roethlisberger alias, but we'll take Wade over Brown right now because Brown right now has a floppy knee ligament and hasn't practiced in a month. Floppy ligaments are not good on fields that can't support dumb old basic football principles like "cutting" and "making defenders miss."

This game sucked my balls, twice

Brown kinda has a 30 % completing rate but fuck it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

If you really need to play a freshman, like Dillon, you play them. If they’re that good, they’ll leave early, anyways. What ticks me off is playing someone like Noa Merritt in just one game, against Howard, his sophomore year. He would be really valuable next year. That’s just stupid roster management.

You’re right, players never develop. And we can clearly recruit like Clemson and Bama. Glad you paid for the mini-golf course.

Stop full retard. Don't post.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:52 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I'm also in a "this bowl was stupid" camp. Ice rink field took away all Dillon's ability to make cuts. Wade definitely isn't good enough to win the game with only his arm when he's only throwing on predictable 3rd downs. And the injuries and lack of depth on D killed us in the 2nd half.

Also, and I know this is bullshit crybaby shit, but the garbage unsportsmanlike conduct penalty turned a 3rd and goal from the 26 into a 1st and goal TD from the 13. That and the oddly rushed FG miss cost us the game.

I must have missed it. Did Iowa play on different field?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Daz still sucks. Wade still sucks. That field still sucks.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Stop full retard. Don't post.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:56 pm

Dazzler tricked me into believing today.

He is a 7 win coach and will forever be a 7 win coach. He will not get fired but hopefully Martin learned something.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:17 pm

The mvp for Iowa was whoever picked shoes for aj dillon
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:35 pm

that was fucking cold

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:42 pm

Coach Sette Addazio
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:44 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Daz still sucks. Wade still sucks. That field still sucks.

It’s the above especially with Wade
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:55 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Daz still sucks. Wade still sucks. That field still sucks.

Lol. That game by wade was Brown's best day.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/bo ... =400937498
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:17 pm

what was the explanation for the fucking shoes BC was wearing? Iowa slipped far less.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:06 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Meh
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:08 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Guineas can’t coach football worth a damn. Vince Lombardi got whatever amount of talent existed for the whole no good race of lying thieves. As such, the rest of them suck and the Sarge is the second worst of the lot behind Spaz. He is like the homeless man’s version of Sam Ruttigliano.

Great fucking job Dazzler. Why don’t you go eat a big of dicks smothered in Heinz 57.

The ending of the post won the thread.
Game over
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:10 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I'm also in a "this bowl was stupid" camp. Ice rink field took away all Dillon's ability to make cuts. Wade definitely isn't good enough to win the game with only his arm when he's only throwing on predictable 3rd downs. And the injuries and lack of depth on D killed us in the 2nd half.

I must have missed it. Did Iowa play on different field?

Good point and not the reason BC lost (That would be on Wade who had some inexplicable play in the fourth quarter when the game really mattered).

That said, it’s ridiculous to play a bowl game I need a cold climate on an unheated field.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:00 am

ATL is acting like Iowa moved the ball. 50 yards in the first half and 200 total reminds otherwise. Iowa won because of 3 mistakes by Wade. A blown kickoff coverage. A terrible celebration call. And one beautiful throw. They capitalized on their opportunities. That was it. Iowa played not to lose and won.

As for the icy conditions, we all know that a sloppy field hurts the quicker team. Usually, that is to our advantage (i.e. When we play the Southern half of the ACC). Against Iowa, it was the opposite. Now, BC still should have adjusted. They need to get Dillon outside of the hashes because the middle of the field was the worst part (but never did). They also should have employed a RB outlet on passing downs (which was about the only play that worked for Iowa). Essentially, they needed to get guys in space.

The stadium matched the tickets sold 75/25 BC. Concessions were the worst. Took no less than 10 min per person. It was like no one had ever worked before. The beer man said "I've never seen anything like it... the vendors have run out of beer." Apparently, the key was to walk to the Iowa side. There was no one over there and had plenty of food and beer available. They also had a "warming station".

Daz's terrible game management came back in play in this game. No matter the talent, we will never be successful so long as he involved with that. Really needs to surrender the reigns to PP. Finally, we don't have a kicker. Either fix it or stop pretending that settling for 3-points is an option.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:25 am

why was the FG before the half so rushed? the clock was stopped and they had a TO?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:33 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:why was the FG before the half so rushed? the clock was stopped and they had a TO?

Would “Addazzio panicking and managing the end of a half poorly” surprise you?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:29 am

A few quick thoughts:
1. The players on both sides deserved better than this POS bowl game. That being said, when you consider that the BC players have to endure being coached by a mongo, they REALLY deserved better. They were the better team but lost out due to coaching.
2. This was vintage Addazio football put on full display for everyone to see.
3. Pursuant to 1 and 2, it's obvious Addazio has built the program and roster back up to a very respectable level (but but but but where are the 4 and 5 star player recruits ranked by TGOSB?!?!?!) and will never be able to make any use of it. Now is the PERFECT time to look for a coach that actually KNOWS how to coach a football team. Obviously not happening but just saying. We've reached that point and we'll never cross to the line with this guy into the 9/10-win kind of territory so Jarmond needs to think about moving next offseason.
4. Maybe the situation no one is talking about that, to me, stood out terribly was the godawful shit of a first down after Sweeney's 48-yard grab, essentially the only good play they had in the 2nd half offensively. What happened? They got up to the line, and spent the next 20 seconds getting a play and moving shit around at the LOS while we waited for an OL to inevitably go offside. Momentum killed. Settled for 3. Worst part of the game IMO. You need to simply get a play call in and fucking run the play. Fucking terrible. Then they follow it up with a predictable Dillon run into the line for a gain of 0 on first and goal from the goddamn 12 yard line. Really?!
5. Is it not fair to ask a coach to improve/learn as he expects his players to come in and learn and improve over 4/5 years? Or is he just so old he'll always be stuck in his ways? Or does he have a "learning disability"?
6. Plenty of talent to look ahead to 2018 and expect good things. Of course Daz will blow it. Get a Heisman campaign going as the season approaches to build up some hype and maybe help with getting notice of recruits. I hope Anthony Brown really really really works on his passing this offseason so I don't have to see him in a remake of Revenge of the Nerds as Lamar Latrelle winning the limp-wristed javelin contest over the Alpha Betas (thanks Wormser).
Last edited by Supahfan99 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:04 am

Man you can’t write that much and preface it with “quick thoughts”
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:28 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Man you can’t write that much and preface it with “quick thoughts”

Fair assessment.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:58 am

The concessions were unbelievable. I missed most of the first quarter waiting in line for beer and the line was like four people deep. It made absolutely no sense. I have to wonder if a bunch of the concession workers saw what the weather was going to be and just said "Nope" and didn't show up. Never experienced anything like it at Yankee Stadium.

This game was vintage Daz. The refs for terrible. And that was the dumbest unsportsmanlike penalty in the history of dumb penalties. I don't know how you possibly throw a flag for that.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:29 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Meh

Your posting is at about Marcus Smart jumpshot level
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium