NFL Coaching Changes

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NFL Coaching Changes

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:As a Philadelphia fan I will not be happy if JDF leaves. As a BC fan I was not happy when he arrived.

I hate everything.

When did JDF arrive at BC?

probably to use the tanning bed at some point. or to lead one of the flynn fund post-game tours of the showers
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:As a Philadelphia fan I will not be happy if JDF leaves. As a BC fan I was not happy when he arrived.

I hate everything.

When did JDF arrive at BC?

I meant when he arrived in Philadelphia
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:45 am

Giants are down to 3 with no mention of JDF. Fake news.
https://nypost.com/2018/01/11/giants-co ... -to-three/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Looks like Patricia to Detroit... McDaniels deciding between Tennessee and Colts... and the Giants waiting to see if Shurmur prefers Arizona. I'm not a Giants fan, but missing out on the Patriots coordinators is a loss... especially if Pat Shurmur is the best you can do. Looks like folks are viewing the NYG gig as a long rebuild.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:59 am

Vrabel in as Titans head coach. Reportedly is considering the one and only Ryan Day as an OC candidate.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:15 pm

I hate everything.

Bill McGovern all over again
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:11 pm

I just wanna put my signature on this page, given that I've put the game on.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:56 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

I hate everything.

Bill McGovern all over again

?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:14 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:I just wanna put my signature on this page, given that I've put the game on.

Good work. Stick to soccer.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:07 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Vrabel in as Titans head coach. Reportedly is considering the one and only Ryan Day as an OC candidate.

Schefter is saying Day to stay at tOSU
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Vrabel in as Titans head coach. Reportedly is considering the one and only Ryan Day as an OC candidate.

That means (just like the Power 5 head coaching gig) he wasn't getting the job. You don't turn down NFL OC (especially for a brand new HC who comes from the defensive side) (and especially with an established young franchise QB who just won a playoff game) to be QB coach at tOSU (note that Kevin Wilson is the real OC and calls the plays). HCRD is just following the JDF playbook of getting his name out there for every position.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:59 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

That means (just like the Power 5 head coaching gig) he wasn't getting the job. You don't turn down NFL OC (especially for a brand new HC who comes from the defensive side) (and especially with an established young franchise QB who just won a playoff game) to be QB coach at tOSU (note that Kevin Wilson is the real OC and calls the plays). HCRD is just following the JDF playbook of getting his name out there for every position.

duhh (except the last sentence, which may or may not be true).
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:15 am

Pasqueloni to Lions as DC maybe. Would be very bad for BC defense. Already talk of Campanile going to Minnesota (crappy college program, not Vikings).
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:21 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Pasqueloni to Lions as DC maybe. Would be very bad for BC defense. Already talk of Campanile going to Minnesota (crappy college program, not Vikings).

If the Campanile to Minnesota talk is about money, then that is pathetic.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:26 am

Sources on this stuff?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:27 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Pasqueloni to Lions as DC maybe. Would be very bad for BC defense. Already talk of Campanile going to Minnesota (crappy college program, not Vikings).

I believe there may be a promotion (assistant head coach?) involved, but it seems like kind of a bullshit one, it wouldn't be a coordinator position. Theoretically, PP leaving would open a similar BS promotion at BC, but I'm not sure its really a factor.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:31 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Sources on this stuff?

PP: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/956545607879069698

Campanile is messageboard dickholes on EA speculating, but it may have legs. Fleck's assistant head coach/DB coach left, Fleck was at Rutgers the year before Campanile got there but Campanile was at Bosco at the time and they may have some relationship. Minnesota has offered a bunch of BC offer NJ recruits all at once, etc.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:46 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

I believe there may be a promotion (assistant head coach?) involved, but it seems like kind of a bullshit one, it wouldn't be a coordinator position. Theoretically, PP leaving would open a similar BS promotion at BC, but I'm not sure its really a factor.

you knew they probably would replace the dead luther van damme with another old guy
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:48 am

i wouldn't be surprised as i assume that working for t.s. slaughter has to be brutal and i would do everything in my power to get the fuck out from under him as quickly as possible. if only just to lose the designation as a #dude
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

i wouldn't be surprised as i assume that working for t.s. slaughter has to be brutal and i would do everything in my power to get the fuck out from under him as quickly as possible. if only just to lose the designation as a #dude

I'm sure it's not great to be a competent guy working for an incompetent guy, but they do have a long standing history of working together and PP was somewhat down and out career wise when he got to BC.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:06 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:... PP was somewhat down and out career wise when he got to BC.

even more reason why he would accept the first offer that came his way and got him out of a life of playing headset-bullseye and unitelligible-cursing-sounding-board
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:06 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:... PP was somewhat down and out career wise when he got to BC.

even more reason why he would accept the first offer that came his way and got him out of a life of playing headset-bullseye and unitelligible-cursing-sounding-board

Yeah maybe. He might feel some kind of obligation for getting a good opportunity to bounce back. Who knows.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:25 pm

PP wasn't down and out when we hired him. He was the Texans DL coach making Watt a star. He was making really good money and probably took a paycut to come to BC. Could he leave for Detroit? Sure. But I would be surprised. His family never moved away from CT and still live there now (he has an apartment in Boston and goes back and forth). His son is likely coming to BC as a walk-on or student assistant (the walk-on rules are tricky these days for coaches kids). If he leaves, his son can walk-on, but PP will never get to spend time with him or see him play.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:34 pm

I'd actually be more concerned in Campanile left. His recruiting in NJ is invaluable. Hopefully he wants to stay on the east coast. Fleck could present an enticing chance to get in with a coach on the rise, but Minnesota didn't have a great year in 2017.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:56 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:PP wasn't down and out when we hired him. He was the Texans DL coach making Watt a star. He was making really good money and probably took a paycut to come to BC. Could he leave for Detroit? Sure. But I would be surprised. His family never moved away from CT and still live there now (he has an apartment in Boston and goes back and forth). His son is likely coming to BC as a walk-on or student assistant (the walk-on rules are tricky these days for coaches kids). If he leaves, his son can walk-on, but PP will never get to spend time with him or see him play.

He "resigned" when Vrabel came on as DC and had just lost his Bears job when Trestman got fired and was fired by Yukon the year prior. Maybe the trajectory had started improving in Houston, I don't know.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 pm

As much as it would suck for either to leave, PP has done wonders with the DL and mitigated Daz’s in-game coaching stupidity and Campinile’s recruiting has been very good, it’s always a good sign when other (better college or nfl) teams want your coaches.it means your program is moving in the right direction.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:36 pm

McGovern has been retained as Giants LB coach.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium