BC at Syracuse Gameday - 11/25/17

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC at Syracuse Gameday - 11/25/17

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:59 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC is involved with a lot of quality recruits mostly from Catholic schools. Hopefully winning with very young players and the opening of the new IPF and weight room will finally get BC a top 20 class where they rightfully belong every year. The timing is now to elevate this program.

Go Eagles!

I'd just be happy if BC gets maybe the 9th or 10th best recruiting class in the ACC for a change. I am sick and tired of 5 consecutive years of 12th or 14th out of 12 or 14.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:36 am

I am looking at the 2019 and 2020 classes. BC has a very good shot at competing for division titles the next two years. Facilities have always been a huge negative, but the new IPF and weight room are really first class in every regard. CT has several high quality recruits and locally Everett HS has a couple of top prospects. The IPF should really help with signing QB’s and WR’s and Dillion should attract RB’s in 2019 and 2020. The change in offensive attack is a huge step in the right direction to attract recruits as well. These next 2-3 years are a huge opportunity to really elevate this program.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:10 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC is involved with a lot of quality recruits mostly from Catholic schools. Hopefully winning with very young players and the opening of the new IPF and weight room will finally get BC a top 20 class where they rightfully belong every year. The timing is now to elevate this program.

Go Eagles!

I'd just be happy if BC gets maybe the 9th or 10th best recruiting class in the ACC for a change. I am sick and tired of 5 consecutive years of 12th or 14th out of 12 or 14.

agreed, i'd much rather be uva. sure they're 10-30 in the acc over last 5 years, but their last 5 classes have been on average 10th in acc

:gun
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

agreed, i'd much rather be uva. sure they're 10-30 in the acc over last 5 years, but their last 5 classes have been on average 10th in acc

:shrug

Addazio is a much better game day coach than Mike London and Addazio is at least Mendenhall's equal on game day. Sgt Slaughter can get more out of marginal players than London ever could and (probably more) than Mendenhall can. That is part of the reason why these players love Addazio. UVa was picked to finish dead last in the ACC Coastal. They didn't. They over performed. UVa goes at least 7-5 next year, maybe 8-4. That said, I'm sure Mendenhall (who lost to Toby not once, but twice) is beginning to realize just how easy he had it coaching BYU in the Mountain West or as an independent. The ACC is completely different matter, a completely different kind of job.

Over the last 5 years, Sgt Slaughter is 15-25 in the ACC. That is better than 10-30 (much better when you consider that 15-25 is in the Atlantic division) but Addazio still sucks. He sucks because in 5 years of recruiting, he has found exactly one diamond in the rough, A J Dillon. That's it. That is the only truly under valued recruit that Addazio has signed. I thought Harold Landry might also be that diamond but this year he vastly underperformed right into his injury. But if you want to give Addazio two diamonds in 5 years, go ahead.

If you are going to coach BC, you need to find at least one vastly under-valued recruit every single year. You MUS do that. You must find under-valued treasures. That is what Toby did. That is why....

...none of those were rebuilding years. None. Every single one of those teams had nothing but Toby's recruits and ever single team either won first place in it's division or seriously challenged for it. In 3 of those 5 seasons, BC was either one fumble or one TD pass away from playing in the Orange Bowl. That is what you get when you find a diamonds.

If Addazio wants to keep his job after 2020 and get another extension, I expect another diamond in this 2018 class. And another diamond in the 2019 class. We need recruiting production. There is no other way. Or else, 4-4 in conference play is the best we can do.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:59 am

Wait Harold Landry underperformed prior to his injury? Jesus you are an idiot.

PS neither Landry nor Dillon was a diamond in the rough.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:24 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:Anyone ask the heinz hammer why EJ Perry did not come in for some meaningless running plays? :ace

Crazy. I thought he should've come in for the drive where Levy scored. But, no reason he didn't come in immediately after that. We will talk about the Perry burned redshirt with the same lore as DiCosmo's.

Little lindstrom played 1 play this season
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wait Harold Landry underperformed prior to his injury? Jesus you are an idiot.

No counselor.

Landry OVER-performed prior to his injury, played like a high 4-star maybe even a 5-star. Last year is evidence alone that he may have been a true diamond, the main reason the team won seven games and not just four. This year was a tremendous let-down, reason enough to say he may NOT have been a diamond. And no one on this board is an idiot.

If you don't want to call Landry or Dillon diamonds, then okay fine. Addazio has recruited none then. That would be worse than I said. But lets get one thing straight on what I consider diamonds. You are a diamond if (and ONLY if) you play vastly better in college than what your star ranking would have justified. In that sense, Matt Ryan (a mere 3-star recruit) was indeed a diamond since he was the #1 college QB in the entire nation in 2007. Certainly, he played like a 5-star. There was NO ONE better than him in the country. And any recruiter (if given the old crystal ball) would have given Matt the 5-stars he most certainly deserved and (had he been correctly rated/ranked) BC would never have been able to recruit him.

We need at least one of those diamonds every year Teddy. Or else, 4-4 in ACC play is the best we will do.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wait Harold Landry underperformed prior to his injury? Jesus you are an idiot.

No counselor.

Landry OVER-performed prior to his injury, played like a high 4-star maybe even a 5-star. Last year is evidence alone that he may have been a true diamond, the main reason the team won seven games and not just four. This year was a tremendous let-down, reason enough to say he may NOT have been a diamond. And no one on this board is an idiot.

If you don't want to call Landry or Dillon diamonds, then okay fine. Addazio has recruited none then. That would be worse than I said. But lets get one thing straight on what I consider diamonds. You are a diamond if (and ONLY if) you play vastly better in college than what your star ranking would have justified. In that sense, Matt Ryan (a mere 3-star recruit) was indeed a diamond since he was the #1 college QB in the entire nation in 2007. Certainly, he played like a 5-star. There was NO ONE better than him in the country. And any recruiter (if given the old crystal ball) would have given Matt the 5-stars he most certainly deserved and (had he been correctly rated/ranked) BC would never have been able to recruit him.

We need at least one of those diamonds every year Teddy. Or else, 4-4 in ACC play is the best we will do.

You are dumb
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No counselor.

You are dumb

nospace is a diamond in the rough of stupidity
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:31 pm

They weren't diamonds because they were well known and heavily recruited stars in high school you nitwit
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:They weren't diamonds because they were well known and heavily recruited stars in high school you nitwit

the only nitwit here is you.

Did Dillon get 5 stars out of high school? Because he sure played like that his frosh year now didn't he? An argument could be made that Dillon is the best tailback in the ACC. Dillon is the sole reason this team beat Louisville, Syracuse, and would have been the only reason why they should have beaten NC State. His performance against UVa was also remarkable. And I'm not even going to get into FSU.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Dillon was a 4 star recruit as was Landry. We need several 4 star recruits each year and with the new IPF there is no reason BC cannot take that step forward in recruiting.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Iggle on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:46 pm

totally disagree that they only need a diamond a year to win. BC will never consistently win without one real, bonafide double diamond every year. a red or blue double diamond is fine but a gold is honestly the bar they need to cross in order to contribute.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:totally disagree that they only need a diamond a year to win. BC will never consistently win without one real, bonafide double diamond every year. a red or blue double diamond is fine but a gold is honestly the bar they need to cross in order to contribute.

Your first mistake was addressing IB as if he had any real idea of what he was talking about.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:45 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

Addazio is a much better game day coach than Mike London and Addazio is at least Mendenhall's equal on game day. Sgt Slaughter can get more out of marginal players than London ever could and (probably more) than Mendenhall can. That is part of the reason why these players love Addazio. UVa was picked to finish dead last in the ACC Coastal. They didn't. They over performed. UVa goes at least 7-5 next year, maybe 8-4. That said, I'm sure Mendenhall (who lost to Toby not once, but twice) is beginning to realize just how easy he had it coaching BYU in the Mountain West or as an independent. The ACC is completely different matter, a completely different kind of job.

Over the last 5 years, Sgt Slaughter is 15-25 in the ACC. That is better than 10-30 (much better when you consider that 15-25 is in the Atlantic division) but Addazio still sucks. He sucks because in 5 years of recruiting, he has found exactly one diamond in the rough, A J Dillon. That's it. That is the only truly under valued recruit that Addazio has signed. I thought Harold Landry might also be that diamond but this year he vastly underperformed right into his injury. But if you want to give Addazio two diamonds in 5 years, go ahead.

If you are going to coach BC, you need to find at least one vastly under-valued recruit every single year. You MUS do that. You must find under-valued treasures. That is what Toby did. That is why....

...none of those were rebuilding years. None. Every single one of those teams had nothing but Toby's recruits and ever single team either won first place in it's division or seriously challenged for it. In 3 of those 5 seasons, BC was either one fumble or one TD pass away from playing in the Orange Bowl. That is what you get when you find a diamonds.

If Addazio wants to keep his job after 2020 and get another extension, I expect another diamond in this 2018 class. And another diamond in the 2019 class. We need recruiting production. There is no other way. Or else, 4-4 in conference play is the best we can do.

I wouldn't want your pride to keep you from admitting a mistake, but you realize that the 2007 and 2008 recruiting classes were Jags'? And both the 2007 and 2008 teams had plenty of starters and contributors who never met TOB. For example: Costanzo, Momah, Newman, Gause, Davis, Montel Harris, Quigley, Pantale, Cleary, Holloway, Ramsey, Larmond, Clancy. I could go on, but you will just ignore this point anyway.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm

I find it funny that people still read IBs football posts.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:38 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

I wouldn't want your pride to keep you from admitting a mistake, but you realize that the 2007 and 2008 recruiting classes were Jags'? And both the 2007 and 2008 teams had plenty of starters and contributors who never met TOB. For example: Costanzo, Momah, Newman, Gause, Davis, Montel Harris, Quigley, Pantale, Cleary, Holloway, Ramsey, Larmond, Clancy. I could go on, but you will just ignore this point anyway.

The only one making the mistake is you. And boy, did you just make one!

Other than Costanzo, who among those you mentioned even saw the field in 2007? None that I can see. And Costanzo was the weakest link on that 2007 offensive line. He gave Matty Ice almost no protection. Not his fault, he was a 260 pound, 19 year old offensive tackle. He was going to get man-handled that year. Montel Harris was a nice addition but he didn't add that much value until Spaz started to use him. The same could be said of every other player you mentioned. The 2008 defensive line was not so completely dominant because of Kaleb Ramsey. It was a couple of players that Toby recruited that did it all....

You could go on but you better not. You are fighting a losing battle here. I know all the data points. As Sylvester Stallone said to Brian Dennehy in 1982 and Idina Menzel said to the entire world, "let it go."
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:47 pm

IB:

I thought you said it was all TOB's players? Didn't you? Am I missing something? Is my pride getting in the way of reading comprehension or were you just exaggerating to make a point?

Castonzo was a starter day one, made the all conference freshman team but whatever. Gause started multiple games in 2007. Montel Harris was the leading rusher in 2008. Davis led the comeback at Wake in 2008 and locked up the division the next week against Maryland. All the other guys I mentioned played during the 2007 and/or 2008 seasons.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:02 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:IB:

I thought you said it was all TOB's players? Didn't you? Am I missing something? Is my pride getting in the way of reading comprehension or were you just exaggerating to make a point?

The point is, I want what you want. We are allies. We want the same thing. We want BC to be as dominant in the ACC as they used to be. And that is only going to happen with quality players. We used to get them, used to recruit ACC caliber players AND found recruits that were vastly undervalued. And for that 5 year window, BC was just that, dominant. BC owned Clemson. BC owned vpi (just not the games played in Florida when it counted most.) BC owned NC State. They owned these teams. BC even had a fairly good record against Florida State. BC didn't have any "rebuilding years" in that timeframe now did they?

I am really happy about A J Dillon. He is most certainly deserving of ACC ROY. He might be (possibly) the best tailback in the conference. He might even be almost as good as someone that Toby got for BC back in 1999. I expect great things from A J Dillon over the next three years. He's an exceptional recruit, all of his 4 stars. And I personally think he is undervalued at 4 stars. Problem is ATLeagle, is that I expected at least ONE of these kinds of recruits in each class. That hasn't happened. I think deep down, you'd agree with me on that.

In that 5 year timeframe (seasons 2004-2008), Toby did produce at least one gem in each of his last 5 recruiting classes (2002-2006.) And each year's gem was bundled with 2 or 3 other players that went on to have at least short NFL careers. So there was magnificent depth on the roster. The team could simply afford the luxury of redshirting almost everyone. It was an embarrassment of riches.

I want a similar 5 year timeframe with Addazio. It hasn't happened. And I don't see it happening in the next 5 years. I am just not as impressed with the caliber of players that he has brought in compared to other BC coaches. Without a frosh tailback, this team doesn't play for a bowl this year and we are looking at yet another 2015 season. It shouldn't be that bad. BC should not be that dependent on the efforts of one rookie player to salvage a season. It was never really that bad when Toby started coaching only his players. That is why I took issue with the point YOU made about how these recruits are so much better than what BC has gotten in the past. They aren't. I wish they were, but they are not. And (respectfully) I would like you to acknowledge that.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:16 pm

The point is, I want what you want. We are allies. We want the same thing. We want BC to be as dominant in the ACC as they used to be. And that is only going to happen with quality players. We used to get them, used to recruit ACC caliber players AND found recruits that were vastly undervalued. And for that 5 year window, BC was just that, dominant. BC owned Clemson. BC owned vpi (just not the games played in Florida when it counted most.) BC owned NC State. They owned these teams. BC even had a fairly good record against Florida State. BC didn't have any "rebuilding years" in that timeframe now did they?

I am really happy about A J Dillon. He is most certainly deserving of ACC ROY. He might be (possibly) the best tailback in the conference. He might even be almost as good as someone that Toby got for BC back in 1999. I expect great things from A J Dillon over the next three years. He's an exceptional recruit, all of his 4 stars. And I personally think he is undervalued at 4 stars. Problem is ATLeagle, is that I expected at least ONE of these kinds of recruits in each class. That hasn't happened. I think deep down, you'd agree with me on that.

In that 5 year timeframe (seasons 2004-2008), Toby did produce at least one gem in each of his last 5 recruiting classes (2002-2006.) And each year's gem was bundled with 2 or 3 other players that went on to have at least short NFL careers. So there was magnificent depth on the roster. The team could simply afford the luxury of redshirting almost everyone. It was an embarrassment of riches.

I want a similar 5 year timeframe with Addazio. It hasn't happened. And I don't see it happening in the next 5 years. I am just not as impressed with the caliber of players that he has brought in compared to other BC coaches. Without a frosh tailback, this team doesn't play for a bowl this year and we are looking at yet another 2015 season. It shouldn't be that bad. BC should not be that dependent on the efforts of one rookie player to salvage a season. It was never really that bad when Toby started coaching only his players. That is why I took issue with the point YOU made about how these recruits are so much better than what BC has gotten in the past. They aren't. I wish they were, but they are not. And (respectfully) I would like you to acknowledge that.

Typical IB dodge. I guess your data on 2007 and 2008 wasn't as good as your thought. Moron. As a reminder, you know nothing about TOB's recruiting. TOB was not a an all world recruiter. The only truely "bad" recruiter we've had in the past few years was Spaz, because that moron thought banking scholarships was a good idea, going to HIngham Baseball tournaments was a good idea over hitting the road and because he failed to manage his roster's depth and balance year to year. I also don't think you have any idea how much or little each coach actually recruited vs dumped it on assistants. To Addazio's credit, he has no official recruiting coordinator and does more of it himself than any coach BC has ever had.

Lamont just won ACC Defensive Rookie of the year, so there is your second "diamond."

Addazio is a mediocre coach, but his problems are not recruiting. Still waiting on your pride to admit to any mistake.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:46 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Typical IB dodge. I guess your data on 2007 and 2008 wasn't as good as your thought. Moron. As a reminder, you know nothing about TOB's recruiting. TOB was not a an all world recruiter. The only truely "bad" recruiter we've had in the past few years was Spaz, because that moron thought banking scholarships was a good idea, going to HIngham Baseball tournaments was a good idea over hitting the road and because he failed to manage his roster's depth and balance year to year. I also don't think you have any idea how much or little each coach actually recruited vs dumped it on assistants. To Addazio's credit, he has no official recruiting coordinator and does more of it himself than any coach BC has ever had.

Lamont just won ACC Defensive Rookie of the year, so there is your second "diamond."

Addazio is a mediocre coach, but his problems are not recruiting. Still waiting on your pride to admit to any mistake.

You know what ATLeagle, you are a malignant asshole. I try to be nice and extend an olive branch and you call me a moron. Go fuck yourself blog boy, I'm done with trying to explain anything to you.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:49 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

You know what ATLeagle, you are a malignant asshole. I try to be nice and extend an olive branch and you call me a moron. Go fuck yourself blog boy, I'm done with trying to explain anything to you.

What you are trying to explain is moronic. still haven't seen you address that Dillon and Landry were four stars recruited by everyone. You are a dumb fuck.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:11 am

I love when nospace gets backed all the way to the point of running out of dumb shit to say. thanks for giving up your “no fighting with nospace” position, Atl. You owned him more than paulyd’sblowout used to
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:56 am

Go Eagles!

Your insistence on relying on recruiting rankings instead of what your eyes tell you is idiotic.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:12 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I love when nospace gets backed all the way

So do you did screw him one last time before you dumped him?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:23 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I love when nospace gets backed all the way

So do you did screw him one last time before you dumped him?

i have never had sexual interaction with another man... not in any of mine or their 8 orifaces OR through acts of friction with any portions of their or my body. i submit this to be unlike hansen's declaration that has never been the top (as we all know what he was really saying there).

my guess is that we will not hear from nospace for a while - not because he is too busy at work, but because he is caught in the store
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:37 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i have never had sexual interaction with another man... not in any of mine or their 8 orifaces OR through acts of friction with any portions of their or my body.

This statement sounds like it was drafted by an FLS grad - but if he never ripped the tape off, you'd never know.

That gif clip was horrifying and I had to unquote it. I'm going to click submit and then close this window as fast as possible.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:05 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I love when nospace gets backed all the way to the point of running out of dumb shit to say. thanks for giving up your “no fighting with nospace” position, Atl. You owned him more than paulyd’sblowout used to

The irony of this all is that I don't even think Addazio is some great coach. I just think bashing him on recruiting is idiotic when there are so many more obvious issues. I also love IB trying to rewrite TOB's history. 95% of us were avid BC fans during TOB's era. Why is he trying to make points that we can easily dismiss or shoot down? Addazio and TOB are nearly identical through their first five years at BC. Right now Addazio sits at 31-32. He will be a .500 coach if he beats up on the craptastic MAC team we face in a bowl. TOB through five years was 31-27.

IB also thinks it is bad that Addazio needed a true freshman running back to save his season and become bowl eligible in Year 5. Yet he doesn't remember (or more likely doesn't realize), that TOB needed a 5'9 JUCO QB to save the season and become bowl eligible in Year 7.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:42 pm

The best part is that IB only thinks Dillon is some sort of diamond in the rough or revelation because the only other person on the planet that didn't think Dillon was the Day 1 starter was Addazio.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The best part is that IB only thinks Dillon is some sort of diamond in the rough or revelation because the only other person on the planet that didn't think Dillon was the Day 1 starter was Addazio.

teddy might be on to something here. the posts produced by nospace contain content retarded enough that they could come from captain thinskin himself. add to that the coincidental timing of the weight loss for each one of them and their proven love of fried foods dipped in fatty condiments and i think that a heinz hammer = nospace assumption can begin
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium