Syracuse Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Syracuse Week

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 pm

Cuse is 4-7; this is their bowl game.
Will we see the Cuse team that lost to Middle Tennessee or the one that beat Clemson?
:angrychicken :screamyeagle
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: Syracuse Week

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:08 pm

didn't pay attention to previous weeks so not sure if this is a change or not but landry is listed as starting on the depth chart. who knows
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Ishmael and Phillips are going to be a problem, especially as the defensive backfield continues to drop like flies. SU's defense sucks, but it doesn't matter. BC sucks in the Dome.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:59 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Ishmael and Phillips are going to be a problem, especially as the defensive backfield continues to drop like flies. SU's defense sucks, but it doesn't matter. BC sucks in the Dome.

One place Thinskin (or the staffer in charge of the position) seems to have been prepared for injuries is the secondary. Cheevers, Denis and Torres have all played pretty well, especially since Moore got hurt, including against a decent QB and big WRs from NCSU. I worry more about mobile QBs than the secondary in coverage. Even if Dungey played, he won't be mobile.

I know the dome is a house of horrors, but BC is the better team, and I can't see Cuse stopping Dillon. My inclination is to be negative, but this one should be a win.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Ishmael and Phillips are going to be a problem, especially as the defensive backfield continues to drop like flies. SU's defense sucks, but it doesn't matter. BC sucks in the Dome.

One place Thinskin (or the staffer in charge of the position) seems to have been prepared for injuries is the secondary. Cheevers, Denis and Torres have all played pretty well, especially since Moore got hurt, including against a decent QB and big WRs from NCSU. I worry more about mobile QBs than the secondary in coverage. Even if Dungey played, he won't be mobile.

I know the dome is a house of horrors, but BC is the better team, and I can't see Cuse stopping Dillon. My inclination is to be negative, but this one should be a win.

Dungey's hurt?
What is the line?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:24 pm

Missed two straight games and was still in a boot Saturday.

No line yet as a result.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Give me Cuse in this one. We play so horribly up there.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:58 pm

hip-hip hooray after qualifying for a bowl vs. yukon. foot is off the gas and cruise control will lead to a syracuse victory. only question is by how much
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Babers said he wouldn't count on Dungey playing.

Looks like BC is anywhere from -2 to -3

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby tallsy on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Is the thinking win New York (or El Paso), lose Annapolis?
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:Is the thinking win New York (or El Paso), lose Annapolis?

My guess is Annapolis will take UVA regardless just based on location. ESPN most recently had projections of Pinstripe vs. Akron or Sun vs. Arizona. Id love to see Pinstripe vs Michigan (not sure if ESPN is thinking the B1G won't have enough bowl eligible teams or what based on their projection).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:32 pm

I'm betting this game feels like the FSU game. Defense dominates and offense gets it done. BC wins big!

:screamyeagle :skank :screamyeagle :skank :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm

o/u 55??????????
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Win and it is Pinstripe. It could even be against Don Brown, which would be Daz's Super Bowl.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:12 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:... ESPN most recently had projections of Pinstripe vs. Akron ...

this would be awesome just for all the aliassess that campion would create from the mop closet at xtc
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:32 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Win and it is Pinstripe. It could even be against Don Brown, which would be Daz's Super Bowl.

BC vs Michigan would be awesome
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Win and it is Pinstripe. It could even be against Don Brown, which would be Daz's Super Bowl.

No chance Michigan falls to Pinstripe.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 pm

Better hope Stanford wins Pac12 because there's definitely no way they pass up a Stanford/Michigan Holiday Bowl. Also, root for Purdue so there's no way the Pinstripe's short a Big10 team.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I don't think its going to make much difference for BC's bowl position, win or lose. Whether they go 3-5 in conference or 4-4, they are probably getting the last bowl slot. But we'll see.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I don't think its going to make much difference for BC's bowl position, win or lose. Whether they go 3-5 in conference or 4-4, they are probably getting the last bowl slot. But we'll see.

Don't 7-5 teams have to get invited before 6-6 teams are considered?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:32 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I am not sure overall record has anything to do with it.

I do know that the bowl MUST take an ACC team that goes 5-3 in conference over a team that went 3-5. But a school that goes 4-4 could be passed over by a school that goes 3-5. That is unless the BC Rule is no longer in effect.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:37 am

If the Big 10 doesnt have enough qualifiers and it the Pinstripe takes Akron, we will be a lock as the most local team. They will be desperate to sell tix. (never thought I would hear that about BC.)
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eagletx on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:05 am

There is nothing I like about this matchup. I expect Syracuse will be riled up as this is their last hoorah, and I just sense that Addazio already feels he has delivered his team to the promised land with another stellar bowl invitation what, 4 in 5 years after experiencing injuries no other team has ever experienced. If Dillon can run for 200+ on 40 carries despite Syracuse putting 13 guys in the box, BC will win. Otherwise, I sense that this will be another Addazio special with mind bending play calling, and the like after which we'll be reminded that:
1. Syracuse beat Clemson;
2. The Carrier Dome is the hardest place in America to play;
3. We are a bowl team again despite unfathomable injuries;
4. And, or yeah, did I mention the injuries....
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:20 am

Just say: "we should win, but we won't because of Daz." It saves a lot of time and cyberspace.

For the record, I can't think of a worse Bowl than BC-Akron in the Bronx.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:10 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Just say: "we should win, but we won't because of Daz." It saves a lot of time and cyberspace.

Yea I’m not traveling down there to watch BC play Akron
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:19 am

HJS {l Wrote}:For the record, I can't think of a worse Bowl than BC-Akron in the Bronx.

vs Toledo in Detroit?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:30 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Just say: "we should win, but we won't because of Daz." It saves a lot of time and cyberspace.

Yea I’m not traveling down there to watch BC play Akron

I'll implement the 48 degree rule for StubHub that day unless there is a steal on a skybox.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:37 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:For the record, I can't think of a worse Bowl than BC-Akron in the Bronx.

vs Toledo in Detroit?

I'd bet the average temperature on the field will be better in Detroit than it will be in Yankees Stadium. Also, I'd much rather face a 9-2 Toledo than a 6-5 Zips team.

All that said, 6-6 teams shouldn't be bowling. So, if we are 6-6, we get what we get.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

vs Toledo in Detroit?

vs boise in boise?
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I am not sure overall record has anything to do with it.

I do know that the bowl MUST take an ACC team that goes 5-3 in conference over a team that went 3-5. But a school that goes 4-4 could be passed over by a school that goes 3-5. That is unless the BC Rule is no longer in effect.

The BC rule is no longer in effect, but HJS is right about all of the 7-5 teams getting invites before 6-6 teams are considered.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium