2019 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:57 am

BCEagles06 wrote:I heard Kevin Pyne is visiting.


He would be a huge get.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15840
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 324

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:07 am

BCEagles06 wrote:I heard Kevin Pyne is visiting.


isn't he related to drew pyne the new canaan '20 qb heading to ND?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18430
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3117

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:12 am

Really need a DT or 2 in this class as well.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15840
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 324

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:23 am

Pyne is reclassifying to 2019 and taking an OV.
bceagles24
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 am
Karma: 203

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:27 am

Stanley King from Camden, NJ just decommitted from Louisville, 6'5/190lb WR with offers from BC, Rutgers, UVA, Maryland and NCSU (aside from Louisville).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 129

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:42 pm

247 Made 2 crystal ball predictions to BC today, both from florida, one for Zion Carter who I believe had been recently offered and one for Ezeriah Anderson, a 6’4 WR with offers from BC, Mizzou, Oregon, Cuse and UVA
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 129

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:06 pm

Marvin Ham picked up offer from Colorado today
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 129

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Reading between the lines, I think Maurice Smith ends up in Miami.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 am
Karma: 33

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:37 pm

It sure would help to have an OC in place to land the WR’s.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -340

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:38 am

Oliver Closeoff wrote:Reading between the lines, I think Maurice Smith ends up in Miami.


Not sure what this means, but Miami flipped Jakai Clark from Grayson in ATL who was committed to Illinois, today. Looks like he is only OL recruit to date so may still be room

Also, 2 crystal ball predictions popped up for Spencer Witter from Choate in CT. He’s a 2019 TE (6’5/225lb) with offers from Army and UMass and smaller schools. 247 lists him as a grey shirt and no offer to date (but may be imminent). Not sure if a TE or DE.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 129

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Miami finally offered this top local offensive lineman, but is it too late for a flip?
BY DAVID WILSON


Updated December 03, 2018 05:09 PM

Maurice Smith had been waiting for Sunday since his recruitment kicked off as a sophomore at Miami Central. The offensive lineman grew up a fan of the Miami Hurricanes and waited patiently — at least at first — for his hometown team to finally offer him a scholarship.

It finally happened Sunday, but by then, Smith said, he was tired of waiting. The offer was still exciting, of course, even if it won’t guarantee an automatic commitment like it might have had it come a year ago. Miami now has to convince Smith to flip his pledge from the Boston College Eagles.

“I was very excited. It was a dream come true, actually,” Smith said Monday. “It’s one of my dream colleges that I decided I wanted to go to, but at the same time I feel that they waited too long to offer me. They waited to the last minute because, you know, it’s two more weeks to signing day and everything. I feel like they waited too long and now I feel like they waited too late, actually, but I’m still trying to figure out who I’m going to go to. You guys will see on Dec. 19 what school I’ll be attending.”

The next two weeks, then, will be critical for the Hurricanes and Smith. The guard, considered a three-star prospect in the 247Sports.com composite rankings, plans to take an unofficial visit to Boston College this weekend. Smith originally committed to the Eagles in July after taking an official visit up to Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, in June. His trip back to Boston College this weekend will give the Eagles a chance to make a final on-campus pitch before the three-day early signing period begins Dec. 19.

As for an official visit in Coral Gables, Smith won’t commit to anything yet.

“I don’t really know. I don’t want to discuss that right now,” Smith said. “I’m locked in with Boston College.”

His high school coach, however, thinks Miami has a real chance.

Rockets coach Roland Smith played defensive back for the Hurricanes in the late 1980s and early 1990s. He knows how badly the lineman wanted to reel in an offer from his hometown team and expects him to take a visit sometime this month.

“He’s going to get down there at some point before the early signing period is over,” the coach said.

The coach is also a bit more sympathetic to Miami’s thought process than the lineman. The Hurricanes held a commitment from Jacksonville Sandalwood offensive lineman Kingsley Eguakun from January until Sunday, when the three-star guard flipped to the Florida Gators. Like Smith, Eguakun projects as a guard or center at the next level, which would have made them somewhat redundant in the same recruiting class.

Eguakun flirted with the Auburn Tigers throughout the fall before seemingly shutting things down following a trip to Hard Rock Stadium last month. A few days later, Florida offered and brought Eguakun in for an official visit. The lineman flipped while spending the weekend in Gainesville.

Just a few hours before Eguakun publicly announced his decision, offensive line coach Stacy Searels finally extended an offer to Smith.

“They had a kid committed. I feel like he could have been a committed kid all along, but they can’t offer a kid when they’ve got a kid committed and they’re going to show all the loyalty to them,” Roland Smith said. “When a kid flips, that opens the door a little for him, but he’s always been a kid that was a Miami kid, a Florida State kid or a Florida kid. He had that kind of ability.”

Just because the offer is new doesn’t mean Smith hasn’t been on the Hurricanes’ radar for a while. The 6-foot-2, 276-pound prospect camped at Miami a handful of times and visited a few other times, most recently for the Hurricanes’ win against the Florida State Seminoles in October.

Smith said Searels has always been upfront about Miami’s interest in him. The Hurricanes always liked his upside and versatility — Smith played tackle, guard and center this year — but just didn’t have room for him in the class. Smith ultimately committed to the Eagles, who were the only school from a Power 5 conference to offer him until the Seminoles joined the fray Thursday.

“He always told me that I’m a tough kid, I’m a great kid, I’ve got great feet, great everything. He said they’ve been wanting to offer me,” Smith said. “He said my time will come and everything, but now I feel like it’s too late for that time.”

At this point, Smith fills a massive need for the Hurricanes. Entering the year, Smith had primarily played tackle and guard, but he wound up starting Central’s final four games at center. Miami loaded up on guards in the Class of 2018 and clearly wants to find a potential center of the future in the Class of 2019.

Smith could fit the bill for the Hurricanes, but they have some convincing to do in the next 16 days.

“He was always a Miami kid. I think he would’ve been a commit earlier if they had offered him, but sometimes you’ve got to go where people want you,” Roland Smith said. “He’s intrigued by it, but at the end of the day they have to continue to recruit him and see if it’s still a fit for him.”
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9177
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1629

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:51 pm

so what you're saying is, this might not be the best time to refire a "dead and loving it" thread of yesteryear?
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 10th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20746
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5741

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:10 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
Oliver Closeoff wrote:Reading between the lines, I think Maurice Smith ends up in Miami.


Not sure what this means, but Miami flipped Jakai Clark from Grayson in ATL who was committed to Illinois, today. Looks like he is only OL recruit to date so may still be room

Also, 2 crystal ball predictions popped up for Spencer Witter from Choate in CT. He’s a 2019 TE (6’5/225lb) with offers from Army and UMass and smaller schools. 247 lists him as a grey shirt and no offer to date (but may be imminent). Not sure if a TE or DE.


That’s really what this roster needs. More slow TEs
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16539
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -246

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 am

eepstein0 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:
Oliver Closeoff wrote:Reading between the lines, I think Maurice Smith ends up in Miami.


Not sure what this means, but Miami flipped Jakai Clark from Grayson in ATL who was committed to Illinois, today. Looks like he is only OL recruit to date so may still be room

Also, 2 crystal ball predictions popped up for Spencer Witter from Choate in CT. He’s a 2019 TE (6’5/225lb) with offers from Army and UMass and smaller schools. 247 lists him as a grey shirt and no offer to date (but may be imminent). Not sure if a TE or DE.


That’s really what this roster needs. More slow TEs

:thehjs
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8327
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 117

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Looks like Miami is out on Smith, but he's taking an official visit to FL St so BC isn't out of the woods yet. He probably stays in Florida is my guess.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 am
Karma: 33

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:11 pm

BC offered Connor Grieco from St. Joes in New Jersey. He had been a Rutgers commit with little interest, but since decommitting from RU, he has picked up offers from Oregon, Pitt, UNC, Utah and Cal.

6'3/185 DB (prob safety)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 129

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Ham visiting Colorado, not good, he is BC best recruit.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 am
Karma: 33

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Oliver Closeoff wrote:Ham visiting Colorado, not good, he is BC best recruit.


Not worried, coach may have said to take advantage of free trip. BC blows CO away.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9177
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1629

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby ricosuave on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:27 pm

DuchesneEast wrote:
Oliver Closeoff wrote:Ham visiting Colorado, not good, he is BC best recruit.


Not worried, coach may have said to take advantage of free trip. BC blows CO away.

The only thing that worries me is the kid may look at the opportunity to play for UGA's DC as a good place to learn. 247 called him "rock-solid" the other day so not sure what to think.
ricosuave
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:06 pm
Karma: 10

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:49 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:BC offered Connor Grieco from St. Joes in New Jersey. He had been a Rutgers commit with little interest, but since decommitting from RU, he has picked up offers from Oregon, Pitt, UNC, Utah and Cal.

6'3/185 DB (prob safety)


Greico seems to be trending hard to BC via 247, also says Addazio and Campanile were visiting him today
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 129

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:50 am

DuchesneEast wrote:
Oliver Closeoff wrote:Ham visiting Colorado, not good, he is BC best recruit.


Not worried, coach may have said to take advantage of free trip. BC blows CO away.


Still not a good sign that the weekend before he's supposed to sign with BC that he's visiting another school.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 am
Karma: 33

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:15 am

I don't remember a BC class having this much P5 interest for basically every prospect.

Really impressive recruiting job.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16539
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -246

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:18 am

When is the December signing day?

Edit: 12/19
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8327
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 117

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby BC923 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:28 am

Yeah this is a pretty good sign actually. Reason we aren't so used to it is that Wagner and URI typically don't go poaching
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3280
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 430

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:43 am

eepstein0 wrote:I don't remember a BC class having this much P5 interest for basically every prospect.

Really impressive recruiting job.


i believe moj was the first to call this but this is a hell of a class even w eichenberg leaving

early signing day is weds
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18430
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3117

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:58 am

Some recruiting experts are now predicting a Ham flip. The only flipped ham I wanted to see this weekend was when my omelette was made.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 am
Karma: 33

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:22 am

Oliver Closeoff wrote:Some recruiting experts are now predicting a Ham flip.

You are going to get that whenever a verballed kid takes a trip the weekend before signing. Not saying we are safe with him. Just saying that “experts” don’t have a clue yet and are reading the same tealeaves as us. If Ham is seriously considering a last second flip, I’d advise him to wait until February to sign. There is no magic to the early period.
7-wins... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14679
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 302

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:57 am

HJS wrote:
Oliver Closeoff wrote:Some recruiting experts are now predicting a Ham flip.

You are going to get that whenever a verballed kid takes a trip the weekend before signing. Not saying we are safe with him. Just saying that “experts” don’t have a clue yet and are reading the same tealeaves as us. If Ham is seriously considering a last second flip, I’d advise him to wait until February to sign. There is no magic to the early period.


I feel like as a recruit it might be advantageous to hold off. Less recruits swirling around almost gives you more sway if you are waiting for a "bigger" offer.
of course, if you have the offer you already want, then it would be silly not to sign.
hope Daz and co. can keep everyone locked in and maybe pull off a last minute December surprise... hopefully a DE although it seems we are looking at mostly CBs/WRs.

p.s. that said, I don't understand why we are recruiting with 10 when everyone is going with 11. seems absolutely clown shoes to me.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15840
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 324

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:22 pm

hansen wrote:
HJS wrote:
Oliver Closeoff wrote:Some recruiting experts are now predicting a Ham flip.

You are going to get that whenever a verballed kid takes a trip the weekend before signing. Not saying we are safe with him. Just saying that “experts” don’t have a clue yet and are reading the same tealeaves as us. If Ham is seriously considering a last second flip, I’d advise him to wait until February to sign. There is no magic to the early period.


I feel like as a recruit it might be advantageous to hold off. Less recruits swirling around almost gives you more sway if you are waiting for a "bigger" offer.
of course, if you have the offer you already want, then it would be silly not to sign.
hope Daz and co. can keep everyone locked in and maybe pull off a last minute December surprise... hopefully a DE although it seems we are looking at mostly CBs/WRs.

p.s. that said, I don't understand why we are recruiting with 10 when everyone is going with 11. seems absolutely clown shoes to me.

They have Vandy commit Jeffrey Blake who they want at DE on an OV this weekend very nice offer list. As for 10 versus 11 while it’s not a coach generally in these situations one of the recruiting analysts or something like that is on the road as the 11th until a coach is hired.
bceagles24
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 am
Karma: 203

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:02 pm

Zay Flowers onboard, he has a nice offer list including Pitt and Nebraska
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:30 am
Karma: 33

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Untitled document