2019 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 10, 2018 7:42 am

yurch10 {l Wrote}:Weird time to complain about Daz recruiting. Seems he has 8-10 recruits, with nearly all having some real solid offers. As a frequent lurker, it seems the past number of years it's always been a bunch of guys we beat out mid-tier, semi-major schools for. I've noticed some real improvement already this year.

i agree with the lurker. tough to give t.s. slaughter a hard time right now, especially about recruiting. we need to wait for september and his leading the team without paul p... that's where his suckitude is guaranteed to shine bright like a diamond

in other words, i am going out on a limb to postulate that this overpaid gym teacher is going to be a trainwreck on the sidelines this year. and not an amtrak derailment type trainwreck... i'm talking as bad as the amy schumer movie trainwreck
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 10, 2018 8:08 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Can't tell it's this is intended to be ironic on the day after he landed johnson, but if so kudos

Yes, we should not care that Daz could not crack the top 5 for the #1 prospect in New England. I would say that TOB would be proud of your "we are who we are" attitude but he was actually able to land some of these kids.

I'm not going to bother. Carry on with your agenda.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 10, 2018 8:09 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
yurch10 {l Wrote}:Weird time to complain about Daz recruiting. Seems he has 8-10 recruits, with nearly all having some real solid offers. As a frequent lurker, it seems the past number of years it's always been a bunch of guys we beat out mid-tier, semi-major schools for. I've noticed some real improvement already this year.

i agree with the lurker. tough to give t.s. slaughter a hard time right now, especially about recruiting. we need to wait for september and his leading the team without paul p... that's where his suckitude is guaranteed to shine bright like a diamond

in other words, i am going out on a limb to postulate that this overpaid gym teacher is going to be a trainwreck on the sidelines this year. and not an amtrak derailment type trainwreck... i'm talking as bad as the amy schumer movie trainwreck

This.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu May 10, 2018 10:25 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

This.

Talent has not been the problem since Dazoo arrived. Whether they are ranked highly, recruited by others or not... Daz has done a good job of bringing in footbally players that can compete at a top level in the ACC. The current roster is among the best we've had. But, as teddy and TRE allude, as good as Daziani has been at recruiting, he has been bad at coaching.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu May 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Until AB, he has been horrible at recruiting the most important position QB. “Overpaid gym teacher “ is a fair and accurate description of Daz. GDF fit that description as well.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu May 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Until AB, he has been horrible at recruiting the most important position QB. “Overpaid gym teacher “ is a fair and accurate description of Daz. GDF fit that description as well.

At one point, we had only 23 wins over a 5 year span (2011-15). Not easy to recruit with that backdrop especially when a lot of those wins were against garbage programs. And, that's not even to bring up the fact that there wasn't a football facility.

Daz has done a very good job recruiting; I don't fault him there one bit.
his biggest flaw is in-game management which was infuriating at times although PP helped remedy that. on a related note, this year could be scary with PP gone but hopefully our talent will be enough to get us through it.

p.s. this year's class seems really strong so far, lacking maybe a huge name still... if we could land a Landry or Dillon type, then this class might even end up top 25.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu May 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Until AB, he has been horrible at recruiting the most important position QB. “Overpaid gym teacher “ is a fair and accurate description of Daz. GDF fit that description as well.

Addazio's style dictates that the most important roles are RB's and OL, both of which he has recruited well and developed well. Wade was not a horrible recruit and his injury in '15 is not an indictment of Addazio, with more time to start (i.e. Wade doesn't get hurt in '15) he probably turns into an above average QB. To suggest that there is any material difference in the types of offers that Wade (Nebraska, NCSU, Cuse and Brown (Northwestern, Cuse, VT and Wake) had out of HS, thus Addazio recruiting horrible QB's until Brown, is incorrect, and to compare the two as players at BC is hardly fair as Wade never really got to play/develop here.

If you want to argue that he should have brought in a more traditional QB in the 2015 class, instead of Robinson and Smith who both became WRs, thats probably valid, but your overall point is once again, wrong.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Brown needs to complete a few passes before anyone should anoint him. His accuracy was awful.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu May 24, 2018 8:35 pm

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri May 25, 2018 9:25 am

I'm sure eppy (and the rest of the board) would be psyched if we offered an ISL 8th grader named Tyler.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 am

what are the odds harbaugh is still hc in 5 years?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:14 pm

Commit: OLineman from DePaul Catholic. Blerim Rustemi 6'3" 275.

https://twitter.com/EagleInsiders/statu ... 7776303104
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:48 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Commit: OLineman from DePaul Catholic. Blerim Rustemi 6'3" 275.

I’ll trust Daz with OL. The Rutgers and UVA offers are always a good sign also.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Rumblings of a new recruit on board, I'm guessing someone at the recent BC camp.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:16 am

New commit is NJ DL Izaiah Henderson. Offers from MSU,WVU,UVA,Cuse,RU,UMD,PUR,VAN,UCF,TEM among others. Teammate Shitta Sillah is a top LB target.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:50 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:what are the odds harbaugh is still hc in 5 years?

Zero point zero.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:33 am

Is that commit #11??? This class is looking very, very strong.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:01 pm

every commit except 1 has a p5 offer and vast majority have multiple
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bceagles24 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:04 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:every commit except 1 has a p5 offer and vast majority have multiple

And Lubischer would’ve had the regional P5s if it wasn’t known he was going to BC.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby QuailMan on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Getting a lot of a listers this year
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:52 pm

QuailMan {l Wrote}:Getting a lot of a listers this year

:cheer
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Looks like beating FSU 35-3 and getting a new indoor facility helps recruiting. I wonder which one makes a bigger difference.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:55 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Commit: OLineman from DePaul Catholic. Blerim Rustemi 6'3" 275.

do you deliberately choose only images that take up a screen and a half of space to be your signature or are we to believe you have innocently made the exact same mistake 11 times in a row
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:22 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Looks like beating FSU 35-3 and getting a new indoor facility helps recruiting. I wonder which one makes a bigger difference.

What helps recruiting is Addazio telling every single 4-star that he meets that they can play immediately at any position they want. That is what convinced A J Dillon to sign with BC and to NOT sign with anyone else.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:35 pm

Only after he chose Michigan, of course.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:56 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Only after he chose Michigan, of course.

I don't care how Addazio got it done. In this one case with Dillon, Addazio got it done. Kudos.

His recruiting is still "dead last" in the ACC mind you. Its been that way for all 5 of his previous years. The 2018 class was dead last. Lets hope that with this 2019 class, he can at least get up to 10th or 11th instead of, 14th.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:59 am

So... just to be clear... when Addazio (who has the "dead last" recruiting class each of the last 5 years) beats any team, and especially a team like FSU (who universally is considered to have a top 2 recruiting class in the conference), are you chalking up the ability to close the immense coaching gap to his coaching skills?

Asking for a friend.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:26 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Looks like beating FSU 35-3 and getting a new indoor facility helps recruiting. I wonder which one makes a bigger difference.

What helps recruiting is Addazio telling every single 4-star that he meets that they can play immediately at any position they want. That is what convinced A J Dillon to sign with BC and to NOT sign with anyone else.

Dillon didn’t get 20 touches until Week 5, but continue on...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:25 am

HJS {l Wrote}:So... just to be clear... when Addazio (who has the "dead last" recruiting class each of the last 5 years) beats any team, and especially a team like FSU (who universally is considered to have a top 2 recruiting class in the conference), are you chalking up the ability to close the immense coaching gap to his coaching skills?

Asking for a friend.

Tell your friend that Addazio is a decent game day coach. He is at least "average" for the ACC. That is a far cry better than Spaz who was a deplorable game day coach. Addazio's performance on game day has never been the reason why I wanted (and continue to want) his ass terminated.

Its the recruiting.

An "average" ACC coach can go 7-6 each year and 3-5 in the ACC with the "dead last" recruiting class. An "average" ACC coach can beat FSU one game in five with the "dead last" recruiting class. An "average" ACC coach can beat Louisville one game in five with the "dead last" recruiting class. I know it is taboo to say anything bad about the recruits because they read these boards. But recruits can also do math. They can "count" the number of recruits and "count" the number of stars each recruit gets. Then they can take that sum and compare it to the sum of all the other recruiting classes in the ACC. That is simple math. And the math is the math HJS. Tell your friend that the math demonstrates quite objectively that BC's recruiting class has been rated 14th out of 14 for 5 years in a row. Now maybe the drop from 10 or 11 to 14 is a very narrow drop and one or two players may make all the difference. But Addazio is consistently bad.

The athletic director at Arizona State University did an interview recently on local tv here in Phoenix. He went on record to explain exactly why he terminated their previous head coach who shall NOT be named and replaced him with Herman. It was all recruiting. He says recruiting is 70% of the job responsibilities of the head coach, 70% of what determines if the team wins or loses. If you recruit well, everything tends to take care of itself. If you don't, you must work much MUCH harder than your opposing head coach on game day to get it done. He expects (demands actually) that Herman Edwards recruit much better than previous ASU head coaches. If you are a head coach for a Power-5 program, yours is an outside sales position. Always be closing.

I am of the opinion that anyone (Spaz included) could have recruited every player that Addazio has brought in over the last 5 years. What he did, any of us could have done. Any of us. Its nothing special. He has to find a way to sweet talk the 4-stars into signing here as that is the only way we are going to see anything better than 7-6. Great that it looks like Addazio may have turned the corner with this 2019 class. I hope he gets all these kids that some of you think are superstars. Wouldn't that be nice?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:32 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

Dillon didn’t get 20 touches until Week 5, but continue on...

Yeah, so? He started playing immediately. He wasn't ready yet to take over full time immediately. He was ready by week 5. Addazio kept his word and when Dillon was ready, he took over at RB. Dillon's performance (and Addazio's promise) are the two reasons why Hillman transferred.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium