Connecticut Weak

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Connecticut Weak

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:33 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I could see Daz messing this game up by going ultra conservative.

I think he has to know that anything less than a blowout is unacceptable. That was the problem with scheduling the game in the 1st place. None of our fans want it and we could be winless and would still need to win this game big.

A blowout win will be satisfying but honestly as long as we win I will be content. This team absolutely needs those extra 3-4 weeks of practice. Plus, it’s fun for the fans watching a bowl game in December. I have high hopes for next year and we need that game as a stepping stone. A win over Connecticut will enable that.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:34 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I could see Daz messing this game up by going ultra conservative.

This is applicable to any game where Daz is the coach.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I think he has to know that anything less than a blowout is unacceptable. That was the problem with scheduling the game in the 1st place. None of our fans want it and we could be winless and would still need to win this game big.

A blowout win will be satisfying but honestly as long as we win I will be content. This team absolutely needs those extra 3-4 weeks of practice. Plus, it’s fun for the fans watching a bowl game in December. I have high hopes for next year and we need that game as a stepping stone. A win over Connecticut will enable that.

The extra reps are far less important when Anthony Brown is not healthy enough to take them. The rest of the team will get better, yes, but he's the guy it would have helped the most.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:07 am

Hey, they got out of that mode!

Addazio {l Wrote}:I think we need playmaking. We are going to attack just like we have been. Not really looking for a game manager to be honest. We got out of that mode and grew and got to the point of attacking defenses. We’ve just got to get our game plan right and make sure we are doing everything that everyone can do.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Addazio {l Wrote}:I think we need playmaking. We are going to attack just like we have been. Not really looking for a game manager to be honest. We got out of that mode and grew and got to the point of attacking defenses. We’ve just got to get our game plan right and make sure we are doing everything that everyone can do.

maybe he was ALsleep during the rcc game
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I am 100% confident that Daz or a minion very close to him reads this board. I’ve noticed several cases where we complain about him on something specific and then in a press conference he will refute it or try and stop doing it.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:09 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I'm waiting until the last minute to get tickets. The forecast sucks and the game isn't even sold out. No way I'm paying face.

If it's raining you can probably get $10 seats. No one will drive up from Uconn to see their team get annihilated in the cold.

I ended up getting free tickets from a classmate who posted them on Facebook. I expect the secondary market will only continue to flood.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:15 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I am 100% confident that Daz or a minion very close to him reads this board. I’ve noticed several cases where we complain about him on something specific and then in a press conference he will refute it or try and stop doing it.

Daz is so thin-skinned that I think he reads the boards and blogs himself. I'm also 100% confident Meatbaum reads us, too. Say hello, Meatbaum!

I think Gene used a minion to read stuff on the Internet and report back to him. He probably felt that task was beneath him.

I think Jags, Spaz, Buttcut, Al, Beaker and JimmyMac could care less about what is said on fan sites.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:01 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

They all read it. Hell, they are all on twitter. Kevin Lempa -- who is a Michigan non-coaching staffer now -- even "liked" my tweet about Darius Wade having bad pocket awareness last week.

Years ago, I once made a comment on EO that referenced talking to a former grad assistant. It was buried in a longer post and said nothing salacious (though the post was anti-Spaz). Less than a day later, the guy I mentioned emailed me and asked me not to mention him again.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:03 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Daz is so thin-skinned that I think he reads the boards and blogs himself. I'm also 100% confident Meatbaum reads us, too. Say hello, Meatbaum!

I think Gene used a minion to read stuff on the Internet and report back to him. He probably felt that task was beneath him.

I think Jags, Spaz, Buttcut, Al, Beaker and JimmyMac could care less about what is said on fan sites.

Jags cared. Spaz cared. Beaker cared. Don't know about JC, but in three years I've never heard anything. TOB cared. Gene really cared. The only one I know of who really didn't give a shit and really had no idea what the message boards said was Skinner.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

They all read it. Hell, they are all on twitter. Kevin Lempa -- who is a Michigan non-coaching staffer now -- even "liked" my tweet about Darius Wade having bad pocket awareness last week.

Years ago, I once made a comment on EO that referenced talking to a former grad assistant. It was buried in a longer post and said nothing salacious (though the post was anti-Spaz). Less than a day later, the guy I mentioned emailed me and asked me not to mention him again.

What is a Michigan non-coaching staffer? I have no idea what that means.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:36 pm

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:43 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

What is a Michigan non-coaching staffer? I have no idea what that means.

He's not allowed to recruit or work directly with players. Similar role to what Ricky Brown did for us last year. Guys who watch tape, scout, gameplan, etc.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:45 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Spaz cared

There is no way Spaz cared. Spaz was oblivious.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Spaz was the original thin skin. He used to feed all sorts of stuff to Blauds about the fans' expectations. It is behind a pay wall now, but via Blauds, Spaz challenged me to go to a press conference at the Georgia Tech game. The theory being I wouldn't say some of the stuff to his face.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:02 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I know that on two occasions (after the VTech game and I think after the UNC game), TOB (I assume it came from TOB and not DGF because they hated each other) told TGOSB to clean up TOS (delete posts, ban posters). TGOSB did so and also went out of his way to defend TOB:
TGOSB wrote:
Just my two cents on things. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, but it's obvious that the same problems continue to occur with the same posters. As a result, and after many warnings, a few of them are gone.

Criticism is fine, opinions are fine and this board should be about open discussion. However, I expect folks to act as adults and share their opinions in an educated manner.

If your intention on this board is to be negative in every aspect regardless of the situation, then you don't bring value here. If your intention on this board is to simply cause trouble and antagonize others then you don't bring value here.

99% of the posters on this board are fine and we are working to eliminate the 1% that drags it down.

And, in regards to the VTech loss, BC got beaten by a much better football team -- period. Anyone who thinks they could have won that game after watching it needs to re-evaluate. Tech is just much better.

Have there been other instances of BC coaches or ADs ordering TGOSB types to make changes?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:25 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Spaz was the original thin skin. He used to feed all sorts of stuff to Blauds about the fans' expectations. It is behind a pay wall now, but via Blauds, Spaz challenged me to go to a press conference at the Georgia Tech game. The theory being I wouldn't say some of the stuff to his face.

You couldn't make one sacrifice for the greater good of EO? WTF?!

I am amazed things came to a head like that since I am convinced Spaz has never used a computer or smartphone in his life.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:35 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I am amazed things came to a head like that since I am convinced Spaz has never used a computer or smartphone in his life.

ATL might have gotten punched out!

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:45 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Pain is temporary. EO getting a coach fired is forever.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:There is a thing called Google...
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports ... /98260348/

Lempa looks like Marky Mark made up to look like he was 60 in the 80s.

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:54 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:They all read it. Hell, they are all on twitter. Kevin Lempa -- who is a Michigan non-coaching staffer now -- even "liked" my tweet about Darius Wade having bad pocket awareness last week.

Wait, what?!? Daz and MeatBaum read this board?

Based on your obviously educated opinion, have they seen yogurt man? Can you speculate?

EDIT :: Dear Daz and MeatBaum, I recommend you type 'yogurt' into the search box at the top right immediately and read all of the results. Immediately. Thanks for your support.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Blog Boy walks into the press conference with a dozen dogs: "Coach, how many of these can you name?"
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:04 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

So... basically, Spaz was correct.

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:08 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Wait, what?!? Daz and MeatBaum read this board?

Based on your obviously educated opinion, have they seen yogurt man? Can you speculate?

EDIT :: Dear Daz and MeatBaum, I recommend you type 'yogurt' into the search box at the top right immediately and read all of the results. Immediately. Thanks for your support.

I think links to pics like Yogurt Man are the primary reason Daz and Baum frequent the site so often. They come for the criticism but stay for the meatbombs.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Any word on Landry's availability for the game?

EDIT - Nevermind. The AP write-up says he is out.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:47 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

If Spaz bloodied Rogers, he would have knocked me out cold. I am a glass jawed ginger.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:57 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

If Spaz bloodied Rogers, he would have knocked me out cold. I am a glass jawed ginger.

Spaz may be old and slow, but he is a huge guy.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:10 am

harold out, any idea what his injury actually is?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:00 am

Here's a message for MeatBaum then:

Dear Jason,

As the leader of the Athletics Department's communications efforts, can you please ensure that those responsible for posting articles on web pages, blogs and social media actually proofread what they write before publishing, or perhaps ask someone else to review their work? I can understand errors in spelling, grammar and capitalization in a time-sensitive medium such as an in-game twitter feed, but egregious errors found anywhere else are unacceptable and unbecoming of a university of Boston College's stature. To paraphrase another poster on this board (Duchie?), "It's too bad that there isn't an English department that you could reach out to for assistance in this matter."
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:33 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:harold out, any idea what his injury actually is?

Ankle sprain bone chip
basselope
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium