Brown done for the year

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Brown done for the year

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The redshirt burning this is stupid. You absolutely play Perry if Wade goes down.

Win games and worry about the rest later.

Your stupid.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:If Wade can't beat UConn, you play Perry. Sucks to burn a redshirt, but you can just redshirt him again next year. .

I disagree. If both Brown and Wade went down earlier in the season, you play Perry. Not at 5-5.

Daz basically said the same thing in the postgame conference. Forget the exact words, but basically said there's a big difference in deciding whether to burn a redshirt early in the season and at the end of the season. I doubt he'll burn Perry.

Play Wade. If he beats UConn -- which we should be able to do without a starting QB -- then there's a lot less pressure for the Syracuse game and Wade gets 4 weeks to practice to be functional for the bowl. Beat UConn and the QB situation is basically a non-issue. There's essentially no difference between 6-6 and 7-5. If Wade goes down too I would even be OK with a platoon of Smith and Flutie.

If they play Flutie at QB the entire coaching staff needs to be fired on the spot.

even more reason to play flutie
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The redshirt burning this is stupid. You absolutely play Perry if Wade goes down.

Correct. Brown maybe 50-50 returning to start next season. So you want to go into another season with a zero experience QB again!!?? Are your memories that feeble? Screw redshirts. With ease of schedule next season, you don't want to be doing QB casting calls and rehearsals again, for chrissake! Same goes for 5th year, o e and done rent-a-jocks.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:00 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:

Correct. Brown maybe 50-50 returning to start next season. So you want to go into another season with a zero experience QB again!!?? Are your memories that feeble? Screw redshirts. With ease of schedule next season, you don't want to be doing QB casting calls and rehearsals again, for chrissake! Same goes for 5th year, o e and done rent-a-jocks.

It should be worth noting that next September is UMass, Holy Cross, Purdue, Temple and maybe an ACC game. Even a 100% inexperienced Perry can win 4 games in September with the OL and RB's we'll be returning. Extra reps against UConn and Syracuse aren't going to make that much of a difference. And it sure looks like Perry is going to get an absolute ton of reps in Spring ball (primary QB) if Wade transfers.

My mindset:
- If Wade stays healthy and secures the 6th win against UConn, he plays every down against Syracuse no matter what. Even if he's terrible.
- If Wade beats UConn and then gets injured against Syracuse, you play Smith and Flutie. No difference between 6-6 regular season and 7-5. Not worth burning the redshirt for bragging rights over Syracuse.
- If we somehow lose to UConn and need to beat Syracuse to go 6-6, then you consider playing Perry, assuming he legitimately looks better than Wade and we're not just throwing shit against the wall.

Managing a roster and player eligibility is every bit as important to CFB coaching as is game day and recruiting. Remember what happened when Spaz burned redshirts freely and didn't manage a roster?! We ended up with 2015, with no upper classmen QB's or OL. Seriously, not worth giving up a year of a potentially good QB for one extra relatively meaningless win. That's just stupid.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

It should be worth noting that next September is UMass, Holy Cross, Purdue, Temple and maybe an ACC game. Even a 100% inexperienced Perry can win 4 games in September with the OL and our RB's.

My mindset:
- If Wade stays healthy and secures the 6th win against UConn, he plays every down against Syracuse no matter what. Even if he's terrible.
- If Wade beats UConn and then gets injured against Syracuse, you play Smith and Flutie. No difference between 6-6 regular season and 7-5. Not worth burning the redshirt for bragging rights over Syracuse.
- If we somehow lose to UConn and need to beat Syracuse to go 6-6, then you consider playing Perry, assuming he legitimately looks better than Wade and we're not just throwing shit against the wall.

Managing a roster and player eligibility is every bit as important to CFB coaching as is game day and recruiting. Remember what happened when Spaz burned redshirts freely and didn't manage a roster?! We ended up with 2015, with no upper classmen QB's or OL. Seriously, not worth giving up a year of a potentially good QB to get to 7 wins. That's just stupid.

I laugh when you talk about program and management roster reflecting on the last 4 years under Addazio. For a program dying on the vine for lack of significant success, you play the best available talent, and don't noodle yourself with faux front office masturbation. BECAUSE front end next year is the lightest part of the schedule, you start planning now for liklihood that your starter (Brown) will be MIA. I accept the usefulness of added practice time of bowl season, so you have to play Wade first, and help him succeed with a little coaching help. But if he goes down, plan B is get ready for the future, and don't cobble together some useless bullshit scenario that is useless after today. Good coaching and program management means setting the table for next year, with the questions this team now has. If Brown returns 100%, Perry or whomever can redshirt then. This season for all intents is in the books. Next season is set up for potential (unprecedented) success under a coach named Addazio given the schedule. Of course, we can set up the excuse train for next year, if you like, and go in with a QB without a down played. Addazio would probably like that.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:33 pm

The EJ Perry is the second coming of Matt Ryan narrative on here is hilarious. :popcorn
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eagletx on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:39 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:The EJ Perry is the second coming of Matt Ryan narrative on here is hilarious. :popcorn

Certainly any QB recruited by Addazio is rightfully subject to some skepticism. Of course, I think you read too much into it. After Brown, he is the only one mentioned to date. So if he is a no go and even with him, we are back to Smith/Fadule/Flutie redux if Brown can't go next season.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:The EJ Perry is the second coming of Matt Ryan narrative on here is hilarious. :popcorn

its happening on tubaruption as well

mass hs football 4 eva
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:10 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:

Certainly any QB recruited by Addazio is rightfully subject to some skepticism. Of course, I think you read too much into it. After Brown, he is the only one mentioned to date. So if he is a no go and even with him, we are back to Smith/Fadule/Flutie redux if Brown can't go next season.

He's mentioned because every other possible candidate is hurt or plays WR, no other reason.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:23 pm

he's going to have to sit out a year after transferring once t.s. slaughter gets fired. that would be his redshirt year
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 pm

I think the Perry thing is being so overblown. Just play him if need be. He will almost definitely be recruited over at QB (likely already has been with Langan and Valece) and will end up being shifted somewhere else like the defensive backfield down the road.

I also think BC wins this game easily with Wade doing next to nothing. Id be shocked to see him with over 15 pass attempts and those will be play action to Sweeny/Garrioson/Hilliman in the flat
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:46 pm

I didn't know anything about Perry, so I was basing my opinion on not playing him on what had been said on this board and by The Ketchup Klown. After doing a little research and talking to myself and my family, play him if Wade gets hurt.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:04 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:and talking to myself

Bad idea.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Did we determine what the injury was here?

Torn ACL or something different
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:21 am

He was on crutches on the sideline at the UConn game.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:33 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Did we determine what the injury was here?

They’re not going to announce it due to privacy stuff but I think it’s generally assumed to be an acl

He should be good for summer camp
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:41 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

They’re not going to announce it due to privacy stuff but I think it’s generally assumed to be an acl

Anyone know if he had surgery yet?
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:32 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

don't think so, he was on sideline last night on crutches
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:30 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:and talking to myself

Bad idea.

True
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:26 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

don't think so, he was on sideline last night on crutches

Typically, you need to wait 2-4 weeks for the swelling to go down before you can operate on an ACL (assuming this was his injury).
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:56 pm

So, Hansen, you seem to know a lot about acl surgery. Want to tell us about the dude that used to buttfuck you that needed to replace his acl (likely due to your anal looseness)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:So, Hansen, you seem to know a lot about acl surgery. Want to tell us about the dude that used to buttfuck you that needed to replace his acl (likely due to your anal looseness)

You are out of control.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium