NC State week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NC State week

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Miami is a 3 point home dog and they are undefeated.

Miami is not a great team.

We are going to find out (one way or the other) which of these two teams IS for real Saturday Night. The winner of this game if (and ONLY if) they win out, will be in the 4-team playoff. This could be the best game of the weekend.

If one of the teams isn't for real, then beating that team isn't going to make the other 'for real'.

We will find out something, I guess, like if TRE loses a bet with his Rolly Klown ko-workers and has to wear a red rubber ball-gag with the Statue of Liberty outfit next week.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:51 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

We are going to find out (one way or the other) which of these two teams IS for real Saturday Night. The winner of this game if (and ONLY if) they win out, will be in the 4-team playoff. This could be the best game of the weekend.

If one of the teams isn't for real, then beating that team isn't going to make the other 'for real'.

We will find out something, I guess, like if TRE loses a bet with his Rolly Klown ko-workers and has to wear a red rubber ball-gag with the Statue of Liberty outfit next week.

what if neither of them are FOR REAL? does that make them both FOR REAL under the concept of a double negative?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:02 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

You have got me there.

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:We will find out something, I guess, like if TRE loses a bet with his Rolly Klown ko-workers and has to wear a red rubber ball-gag with the Statue of Liberty outfit next week.

I want pictures.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:03 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I truly do appreciate the caveats being added to the optimism, but not even Slaughter is dumb enough to go back to what he was doing before whatever changed. At this point it is safe to assume that if they get beat it will be because they got outplayed, which is possible this week. But I think whatever changed - Slaughter staying out of the offense chief among candidates - is not likely to revert back this season.

This is where I am on this one.

I expect BC to run the same game plan as the last 3 weeks. I also wouldn't be surprised or particularly disappointed if we lose a close one. I'll be upset if we get blown out, but this might be the toughest remaining game on the schedule. Win this week and 8-4 seems really possible, a mark that would've been laughable a few weeks ago.

All and all, I'm enjoying the excitement going into week 10. It's been a while...

They just punched Louisville in the mouth all game. That worked (barely.)

They just punched UVa in the mouth all game. That worked (decisively.)

They just punched FSU in the mouth for the first 3 quarters until it no longer mattered. That worked (convincingly.)

I am convinced all this team has to do (to win every remaining game) is just have the offensive line punch the defensive line right in the mouth. Screw complicated spread offenses and trick plays. Punch them. Run over them. Exhaust them. I want the defensive linemen to be standing in the huddle with their hands on their hips, completely spent.

Pretty much none of this is true. Like a clown show in Utah.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:05 pm

By the way red pill dip shit, they pretty much punched FSU in the mouth with a trick play. Same goes for UVa.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:58 am

What if the Miami-Notre Dame game isn't real, and it's just a mass hallucination brought on by chemtrails?

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:48 am

What if the game is fixed like the DNC primary?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:16 am

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:22 am

it's a couple of days out but high of 40, low of 27 on saturday :shock:
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Irishriviera on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:49 am

“They’ve (got) big, physical guys interiorly and they have this guy on the edge."

interiorly?
Irishriviera
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:10 am

Irishriviera {l Wrote}:“They’ve (got) big, physical guys interiorly and they have this guy on the edge."

interiorly?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Connecticut_State_University#Athletes_and_coaches
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Irishriviera {l Wrote}:“They’ve (got) big, physical guys interiorly and they have this guy on the edge."

interiorly?

I think he's implying that some of the players are 'roomy', like Melissa Stark.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:25 pm

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I truly do appreciate the caveats being added to the optimism, but not even Slaughter is dumb enough to go back to what he was doing before whatever changed. At this point it is safe to assume that if they get beat it will be because they got outplayed, which is possible this week. But I think whatever changed - Slaughter staying out of the offense chief among candidates - is not likely to revert back this season.

I think you greatly underestimate Daziani. Dazoo spent the off week self-scouting. He saw the trends of the offense these last 3 weeks. Those trends will change 1this week now that he has had time to really get himself back involved with the offense. He will sell it in the post-game presser as an attempt to confuse NCS's D by "mixing it up" and going against the tendencies of the last few weeks.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:52 pm

BC is going to win and look good doing it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:30 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:BC is going to win and look good doing it.

my fear is the history of this program to get it's fan base to this level, believing and rising up thinking everything is free and clear... and then deliver the swift shot to the onions bringing us back down to earth

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:22 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

my fear is the history of this program to get it's fan base to this level, believing and rising up thinking everything is free and clear... and then deliver the swift shot to the onions bringing us back down to earth

It sounds like you're thinking of that time TOB wtf'ed NCSU at home on the Hail Mary play at the end of the game. That was a terrible game and one of The Hen's most despairing works. Kenny Kelly, Ed Reed, losing to Pitt in OT ... its like an avalanche.

I actually think this will turn out to be an awful game to watch - no idea who wins.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:00 pm

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:02 am

yeah but we're playing the school that has a habit of kicking their fans in the nuts harder
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

yeah but we're playing the school that has a habit of kicking their fans in the nuts harder

yep - it's a real life game of roshambo and we just don't know which team gets to go first
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Is NCST considered a ranked opponent this weekend? Theyr'e #23 in the CFP rankings but unranked in the AP. What are people using these days to define "ranked?"
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm so glad to be in the rising up position again (not to be confused with what happens when you get rocket-carred) that I don't even care. I'm spread eagle for an onions shot and fine with it
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:50 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

I'm so glad to be in the rising up position again (not to be confused with what happens when you get rocket-carred) that I don't even care. I'm spread eagle for an onions shot and fine with it

hey hansen, i think this is an invite for you. and good news, i think kb2525 is over the age of majority now
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:59 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

yep - it's a real life game of roshambo and we just don't know which team gets to go first

I know there are some in the Daz apology thread who would view an NCS loss as the Lucy-pulling-the-ball trick that we have all come to expect. However, I (and I assume most of the board with a functioning temporal lobe) still have no confidence in Daz's... especially as a head coach and a continued restraint from ruining everything. Accordingly, a loss to NCS is not some sort of WTF, but a wholly expected result when you put an idiot in a position of authority. Aside for my penchant for having a memory that extends beyond a month, I'd like to point out that, to truly create another "BC moment": (1) BC would win this week and next, (2) stars allign for a decent bowl (helped by 2 of Miami/Clemson/ND winning out and FSU finishing 6-6), and then (3) we'd get obliterated by Cuse.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I know there are some in the Daz apology thread who would view an NCS loss as the Lucy-pulling-the-ball trick that we have all come to expect. However, I (and I assume most of the board with a functioning temporal lobe) still have no confidence in Daz's... especially as a head coach and a continued restraint from ruining everything. Accordingly, a loss to NCS is not some sort of WTF, but a wholly expected result when you put an idiot in a position of authority. Aside for my penchant for having a memory that extends beyond a month, I'd like to point out that, to truly create another "BC moment": (1) BC would win this week and next, (2) stars allign for a decent bowl (helped by 2 of Miami/Clemson/ND winning out and FSU finishing 6-6), and then (3) we'd get obliterated by Cuse.

Said more simply, because BC already had a WTF in the Wake game, NCSU is too good in comparison to BC, despite the way BC is dominating lately, for this to be a WTF. This is a 50/50 peer game at worst that BC should win if the same team from the last three weeks shows up.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I know there are some in the Daz apology thread who would view an NCS loss as the Lucy-pulling-the-ball trick that we have all come to expect. However, I (and I assume most of the board with a functioning temporal lobe) still have no confidence in Daz's... especially as a head coach and a continued restraint from ruining everything. Accordingly, a loss to NCS is not some sort of WTF, but a wholly expected result when you put an idiot in a position of authority. Aside for my penchant for having a memory that extends beyond a month, I'd like to point out that, to truly create another "BC moment": (1) BC would win this week and next, (2) stars allign for a decent bowl (helped by 2 of Miami/Clemson/ND winning out and FSU finishing 6-6), and then (3) we'd get obliterated by Cuse.

Hmmmm... who is Cuse's backup rb? Is he from Lynn?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:19 pm

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:40 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Is NCST considered a ranked opponent this weekend? Theyr'e #23 in the CFP rankings but unranked in the AP. What are people using these days to define "ranked?"

CFP, so yes
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:01 pm

Because of the bitter, wind driven forecast for Saturday, I am revising my game forecast, and like the eagles by less than a touchdown. Southern players tend to quit earlier once they fall behind in a real cold game.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:55 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Is NCST considered a ranked opponent this weekend? Theyr'e #23 in the CFP rankings but unranked in the AP. What are people using these days to define "ranked?"

Not like it matters.
These nerds will rush the field ranked or otherwise... this time at least NC St has a winning record!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium