NC State week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

NC State week

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:43 am

Hopefully we get the 3:30 start and not the dreaded nooner. Got to assume ND-Miami will be 8:00.

I like BC football :angrychicken
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: NC State week

Postby mario14b on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:49 am

Noon kickoff on ABC/ESPN2.
mario14b
n00b

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:45 pm

ESPN's matchup predictor still gives NCSU a 59.2% chance of winning. You would think current trends point to a BC victory, but that's why they play the games. Chubb seems like a handful and their running back, Hines, has some speed with the potential to break one. But as mentioned in another thread, the fact that they don't have a dual threat QB plays to our advantage. I think BC should be favored.

And I'm one of the few that likes 12pm starts, especially in November when the weather can be in the 30s/40s. The sun will be out the entire the game.

High of 43 this Saturday. Low of 35.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Hines hurt his ankle vs ND, and like we've seen with Landry, these things can linger. I think the bigger worry should be Finley, he is deadly accurate and very efficient. Luckily, not overly mobile but I could see him picking the BC d apart on 3rd down if given time.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:10 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Hopefully we get the 3:30 start and not the dreaded nooner. Got to assume ND-Miami will be 8:00.

I like BC football :angrychicken

ND-Miami has to get College Gameday
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:28 pm

If we play like we did the last two weeks we beat NC State. BC has been playing like a complete team lately and it’s been fun. Looking forward to it.

I like BC :angrychicken
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:00 pm

I just hope capn catsup doesn’t hit us with his patented post-bye week stinker
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:53 pm

i like BC football and will be attending this game.

:angrychicken :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :koolaid :koolaid :flagus :flagus :angrychicken :screamyeagle

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Line has BC favored by 1
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 pm

The Vegas sports books are saying NCSU -3
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:56 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:The Vegas sports books are saying NCSU -3

I just check the ESPN app. Not sure what they use.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Checked again and now it’s NCSU -3.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:23 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Checked again and now it’s NCSU -3.

Good. I love the disrespect. The team does as well, I'm sure. I want them playing with a chip on their shoulder, every week.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:27 pm

So we're a home dog.

Hope we run it down their throats.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:21 am

Strange that Vegas would make a team that's won 2 out of its last 14 conference home games a home dog.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:16 am

The bye week makes me worry Daz has had more than enough time to convince himself to return to his old ways and de-emphasize the 'throw game'.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:14 am

Miami is a 3 point home dog and they are undefeated.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:24 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Miami is a 3 point home dog and they are undefeated.

Miami is not a great team.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:58 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Agreed. I think ND should win relatively easily.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Strange that Vegas would make a team that's won 2 out of its last 14 conference home games a home dog.

I'm not attempting to defend Daz or express confidence in his abilities, but if we're going to play the historical record game, Daz is 3-1 against NCSU/Doeren.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 am

This is a game that the BC team that has been showing up lately should win at home. QB plays to BC D strengths - secondary/pass rush and not weaknesses - contain, LB depth. On O, ND put up 300 yards rushing, 200 from Adams. Clemson went for 225.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:56 am

I am enjoying the hype and the increased level of excitement, however, I am not losing sight of the fact that a twat is the head coach of this team.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:00 am

I truly do appreciate the caveats being added to the optimism, but not even Slaughter is dumb enough to go back to what he was doing before whatever changed. At this point it is safe to assume that if they get beat it will be because they got outplayed, which is possible this week. But I think whatever changed - Slaughter staying out of the offense chief among candidates - is not likely to revert back this season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I truly do appreciate the caveats being added to the optimism, but not even Slaughter is dumb enough to go back to what he was doing before whatever changed. At this point it is safe to assume that if they get beat it will be because they got outplayed, which is possible this week. But I think whatever changed - Slaughter staying out of the offense chief among candidates - is not likely to revert back this season.

This is where I am on this one.

I expect BC to run the same game plan as the last 3 weeks. I also wouldn't be surprised or particularly disappointed if we lose a close one. I'll be upset if we get blown out, but this might be the toughest remaining game on the schedule. Win this week and 8-4 seems really possible, a mark that would've been laughable a few weeks ago.

All and all, I'm enjoying the excitement going into week 10. It's been a while...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:35 pm

I, for one, am unwilling to put a bound on Slaughter's theoretical level of dumbness
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:52 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I thought the same thing Saturday afternoon, my bookie informed me I was mistaken.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:58 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Strange that Vegas would make a team that's won 2 out of its last 14 conference home games a home dog.

I'm not attempting to defend Daz or express confidence in his abilities, but if we're going to play the historical record game, Daz is 3-1 against NCSU/Doeren.

This is true. For all the hype NC State has gotten, their season isn't much different from ours: wins against powerhouses FSU and Louisville, blowout loss to ND, respectable loss to the Clemson. The only real difference is that they're 2-0 against the ACC dregs and we're 1-1. While I continue to have no confidence is Daz, I also have no confidence that NC State's "playoff contender" season will end in anything better than a Belk Bowl appearance.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:26 pm

Too bad, this is really the first time we are playing a pro-style pocket passer. That said, I would not have expected him to have practiced before today.

Andy Backstrom‏
@AndyHeights
Follow Follow @AndyHeights

This morning, Steve Addazio said that Harold Landry has not been practicing, and that the NFL prospect's status for Saturday is "unknown".
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:51 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

We are going to find out (one way or the other) which of these two teams IS for real Saturday Night. The winner of this game if (and ONLY if) they win out, will be in the 4-team playoff. This could be the best game of the weekend.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:56 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I truly do appreciate the caveats being added to the optimism, but not even Slaughter is dumb enough to go back to what he was doing before whatever changed. At this point it is safe to assume that if they get beat it will be because they got outplayed, which is possible this week. But I think whatever changed - Slaughter staying out of the offense chief among candidates - is not likely to revert back this season.

This is where I am on this one.

I expect BC to run the same game plan as the last 3 weeks. I also wouldn't be surprised or particularly disappointed if we lose a close one. I'll be upset if we get blown out, but this might be the toughest remaining game on the schedule. Win this week and 8-4 seems really possible, a mark that would've been laughable a few weeks ago.

All and all, I'm enjoying the excitement going into week 10. It's been a while...

They just punched Louisville in the mouth all game. That worked (barely.)

They just punched UVa in the mouth all game. That worked (decisively.)

They just punched FSU in the mouth for the first 3 quarters until it no longer mattered. That worked (convincingly.)

I am convinced all this team has to do (to win every remaining game) is just have the offensive line punch the defensive line right in the mouth. Screw complicated spread offenses and trick plays. Punch them. Run over them. Exhaust them. I want the defensive linemen to be standing in the huddle with their hands on their hips, completely spent.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium