Bowl Projections

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bowl Projections

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:19 pm

We never go anyplace good, but the 3 projections I have seen today suck.

In order of preference:
Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan St or Minnesota
Military Bowl in Annapolis vs Navy
Detroit again vs EMU

Tie-ins for reference.
#1 College Football Playoff. ACC Champion (or best available team if champ in College Football Playoff) goes to Capital One Orange Bowl. The ACC plays the highest ranked non-champion team among the Big Ten (at least three years), SEC (at least three years), and Notre Dame (no more than twice). If it is the Big Ten, the ACC will take Big Ten's spot in the Citrus Bowl.
#2 The Citrus Bowl only if Big Ten is selected for the Orange Bowl
#3 The Camping World Bowl versus Big 12

Tier #1 (selections made with schools, bowls, and conference office)
The Music City Bowl or the TaxSlayer Bowl versus SEC. From 2014-19, the Music City and Taxslayer will each get ACC team three times. TaxSlayer has ACC priority this year, if both bowls desire ACC team, after Music City used ACC in 2014 and 2015.
The Belk Bowl versus SEC
The Hyundai Sun versus Pac-12 #5
The New Era Pinstripe Bowl versus Big Ten

Tier #2 (selections still shared, order in place in case of insufficient number of bowl-eligible teams)
#7 The Military Bowl versus American
#8 The Independence Bowl versus SEC #9
#9 The Quick Lane Bowl versus Big Ten #8
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Outside of getting into a top tier ACC bowl, Pinstripe has to be considered the best available. Big Ten match-up's will usually be attractive and NYC has a good alumni base.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:39 pm

If it's Mich St, they'll bring a whole lotta people. Champs Sports Bowl, they brought big numbers. It seemed that the entire opposite side of the Citrus Bowl was all green back in 07.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:50 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Outside of getting into a top tier ACC bowl, Pinstripe has to be considered the best available. Big Ten match-up's will usually be attractive and NYC has a good alumni base.

Agreed, I would take it every year compared to the competition, but just once, I would like a warm weather game vs a SEC/B10 team. Nashville isnt bad.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:59 pm

The issue with these bowl games is they’re on weird days at weird times in locations no one wants to visit.

The Pinstripe would be the best option.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The issue with these bowl games is they’re on weird days at weird times in locations no one wants to visit.

Anyone remember the good old days when all the games were on New Years and almost all of them in decent locations.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The issue with these bowl games is they’re on weird days at weird times in locations no one wants to visit.

Most people take off work that final week of the year. Ignoring Bowl prestige and location, I’d rather go to a game on December 27, than Jan. 1 when I’d have to go back to work the next day.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:52 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Outside of getting into a top tier ACC bowl, Pinstripe has to be considered the best available. Big Ten match-up's will usually be attractive and NYC has a good alumni base.

Agreed, I would take it every year compared to the competition, but just once, I would like a warm weather game vs a SEC/B10 team. Nashville isnt bad.

Nashville was freezing when we played Georgia in 2001.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:54 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I did think about that, but I was thinking of everything else Nashville had to offer.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:06 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Anyone remember the good old days when all the games were on New Years and almost all of them in decent locations.

I remember how BC played in Hawaii every once in a while for the Hula Bowl the day after (or of) Christmas. It was supposed to be the first bowl game of the season, long before they started playing Bowl games on December 15th (yuck.) Hula Bowl worked out well because (as we all know) there are just not enough BC alumni and the few that there are, don't travel well to bowl games. And the Hula Bowl didn't expect much of BC. The stadium was virtually empty and well, that was fine. Just send the team and that is about it.

As far as I'm concerned, there are only 5 or maybe 6 bowls that matter (Orange, Fiesta, Rose, Sugar, Jerryworld) and most of them are either on New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, or the week after (national championship.) The rest? Meh. Detroit, Shreveport, Yankee Stadium, Nashville, Charlotte, its all the same. Bowlshit.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Are there less guaranteed bowl spots for the ACC these days? It seems that way.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:52 am

Lets win another game before we talk bowl games you goofs. You bunch of freakin goofs.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:03 am

MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:Lets win another game before we talk bowl games you goofs. You bunch of freakin goofs.

With an FCS game still left on the schedule, the sixth win is as close to guaranteed as it gets. Could we miss out on a bowl, sure. But realistically it's fair to start talking about it.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:39 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
MrAwesomeII {l Wrote}:Lets win another game before we talk bowl games you goofs. You bunch of freakin goofs.

With an FCS game still left on the schedule, the sixth win is as close to guaranteed as it gets.

It's this.

Also we're getting in with 5 wins anyway.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:05 am

There's no way we lose to Uconn even if Adazzio is in food coma from all the fries and ketchup. Uconn let that UVA team we just beat score 38 points, or 3.8 times more than we did. That means, obviously, we'll likely put up 155 points at Fenway. You can't dispute the maths.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:03 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:We never go anyplace good, but the 3 projections I have seen today suck.

In order of preference:
Detroit again vs EMU

Tie-ins for reference.
#1 College Football Playoff. ACC Champion (or best available team if champ in College Football Playoff) goes to Capital One Orange Bowl. The ACC plays the highest ranked non-champion team among the Big Ten (at least three years), SEC (at least three years), and Notre Dame (no more than twice). If it is the Big Ten, the ACC will take Big Ten's spot in the Citrus Bowl.

The Music City Bowl or the TaxSlayer Bowl versus SEC. From 2014-19, the Music City and Taxslayer will each get ACC team three times. TaxSlayer has ACC priority this year, if both bowls desire ACC team, after Music City used ACC in 2014 and 2015.
The Belk Bowl versus SEC

Tier #2 (selections still shared, order in place in case of insufficient number of bowl-eligible teams)

A synopsis of the merits of each bowl game is useless without dates and locations!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:18 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Nashville was freezing when we played Vanderbilt
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:48 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Nashville was freezing when we played Vanderbilt

Dallas was freezing when we played Houston.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:29 pm

NYC was pretty damn warm when we played Penn St. I’d probably be able to get a group of 10-20 to go to the Pinstripe.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:32 pm

an easy game for me to get to. 30 mins on either the 4/D.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:55 am

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:NYC was pretty damn warm when we played Penn St. I’d probably be able to get a group of 10-20 to go to the Pinstripe.

I think it was nearly 60 degrees that day

that tailgate scene was a complete zoo
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:04 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:NYC was pretty damn warm when we played Penn St. I’d probably be able to get a group of 10-20 to go to the Pinstripe.

Many people went into that day drinking with the mentality of a Chestnut Hill tailgate, not fully appreciating that beer was still on sale inside...
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:25 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:We never go anyplace good, but the 3 projections I have seen today suck.

In order of preference:
Detroit again vs EMU

Tie-ins for reference.

The Belk Bowl versus SEC

Camping World Bowl? What's Camping World?
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:26 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Many people went into that day drinking with the mentality of a Chestnut Hill tailgate, not fully appreciating that beer was still on sale inside...

I am told that that happened at the ND Fenway game as well...
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:06 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

In order of preference:
Detroit again vs EMU

Tie-ins for reference.

The Belk Bowl versus SEC

I believe Orlando
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

In order of preference:
Detroit again vs EMU

Tie-ins for reference.

The Belk Bowl versus SEC

I believe Orlando

It's the Blockbuster/Carquest/Champs Sports
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:32 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

In order of preference:
Detroit again vs EMU

Tie-ins for reference.

The Belk Bowl versus SEC

I believe Orlando

Orlando was freezing when we played Auburn.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

In order of preference:
Detroit again vs EMU

Tie-ins for reference.

The Belk Bowl versus SEC

I believe Orlando

New Orleans was freezing when we played Tennessee.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:10 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

In order of preference:
Detroit again vs EMU

Tie-ins for reference.

The Belk Bowl versus SEC

I believe Orlando

boston was freezing when we played boise state (you know, because it was a home game for us)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:17 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

In order of preference:
Detroit again vs EMU

Tie-ins for reference.

The Belk Bowl versus SEC

I believe Orlando

boston was freezing when we played boise state (you know, because it was a home game for us)

didn't we wear our home blue uniforms for that game? yeah that was awesome.......

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium