Florida State Game Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Florida State Game Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:28 pm

I will admit we looked less shitty against 3 shitty teams the last 3 weeks

It will be interesting to see how things go when rcc comes to town after the big bye week.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Iggle on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:31 pm

great game but

however they set up the sound for these home BC broadcasts that makes the shitty, droning band come in loud and clear needs to be changed
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I will admit we looked less shitty against 3 shitty teams the last 3 weeks

It will be interesting to see how things go when rcc comes to town after the big bye week.

This post sucks worse than nerds charge in the field. You should feel bad about it
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I will admit we looked less shitty against 3 shitty teams the last 3 weeks

This post sucks worse than nerds charge in the field. You should feel bad about it

He's just pissy because he knows he's going to be in last place in the Preseason Prediction Contest... as soon as I update it...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:31 pm

That was a complete ass whipping on offense, defense, and special teams
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:42 pm

Proud of the team stepping up again tonight despite injuries. Props to both the players and coaches. This was the most excited I’ve been before a BC game and we looked good. Watched at the BC Gamewatch in Phoenix. It was fun.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:58 pm

Credit to Jarmond and Addazio. Terrific game atmosphere and an absolute ass kicking on the field.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Agreed. I don't care how bad FSU is this year, they are a top 10 program and we kicked their ass 35-3. It's fun.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:00 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Agreed. I don't care how bad FSU is this year, they are a top 10 program and we kicked their ass 35-3. It's fun.

BC would’ve beaten the good version of FSU tonight. FSU is lucky Addazio took the foot off the gas because it easily could’ve been 52-3 or worse.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:17 am

This is reaching even for you.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby mezmrin on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:51 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

He's just pissy because he knows he's going to be in last place in the Preseason Prediction Contest... as soon as I update it...

These three posts were the highlight of my night #superlatenightthreadbomb
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby mod6A on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:53 am

mezmrin {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

These three posts were the highlight of my night #superlatenightthreadbomb

Please let us know when the Clemson board starts talking about us.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:55 am

hansen {l Wrote}:Rushing the field against a 2-5 team is weak sauce

Freaking nerds

Yeah, well, know the expression:"Act like you've been there before" ?
They haven't.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:13 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:Just wow.

I don't think any of us expected this.

:whalepants

We started 2-4 and now 8-4 looks very possible.

Also, Daz could get an extension after this game and the board might not mutiny.

You should be shot for saying this. Larmond should be shot should it happen. And Addazio should be shot if he accepted such fraudulent charity.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:28 am

FSU isn't good this year. Francois was the best frosh QB I've seen. He reminds me of Winston. Losing him destroyed their season. Blackman may be good in 3 years. But, right now, he's FSU's version of Flutie/Fadule. All that said, FSU players are still elite athletes. Their injuries are no different than ours. As I and many others have said, there is a ton of talent on this team and tonight showed it.

Speaking of talent... the young guys like White and Dillon are DiCosmo/Green good.

The OLine blocking people has been refreshing the last 3 weeks and probably the single biggest reason for success. BTW, the D has stepped up incredibly. Ray and Allen have been incredible. DBs have been excellent. Stayed with FSU WRs all night.

The nerds rushing the field had more to do with them having fun for the first time at a FB game than it did FSU. This was the first home game they saw BC beat an ACC team.

The Wake game still remains an example of what this team could be. I get it was early in the season and I get that the youth has gelled quite nicely since. But, a lot of that game was on the coaching staff.

If Daz wins out, you will hear about an extension. And, if so, it will be every bit as crippling as the last 2 extensions BC gave coaches. I just hope Jarmond realizes that such extensions are never necessary. But, we won't win out.

Congrats to the team, players and staff. They are Yukon-away from their 4th bowl in 5 years. If they win out, it could be a bowl good enough that I'd consider going.

Finally, Brown has a ways to go. He needs to set his feet more. He needs to throw it away more. He needs to know when to use his fastball. But... damn... there is a lot there to work with. I just hope they spend the time developing and working with him, because he can be something very special. As teddy says... Jersey Strong.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:50 am

Addazio will get an extension. The length and dollar amount will depend on how he finishes, but there is little doubt in my mind he will leverage this season into another deal.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:53 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

because I’m interested to see if they can keep it up against rcc?

Anyone unwilling to admit that 2-5 FSU and that overhyped uva team were not that good is a bigger homer than I am a heinz hater. I think it WILL be interesting to see how we perform against a ranked rcc team... assuming they win one of their next two. it’s even more interesting that we have 15 days to rest which takes some excuses off the table

Slaughter does not have a good track record with post-bye week games. I hope the rcc game puts a stop to that trend like the last 3 weeks have put a stop to his offenisive game planning trend
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:18 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Addazio will get an extension. The length and dollar amount will depend on how he finishes, but there is little doubt in my mind he will leverage this season into another deal.

That would simply be a disgrace, and a total indictment of everything wrong with BC's athletic department. He still has a couple of years to prove his worth, if any. If he truly is in the running for top spot in the Atlantic next year, then I could see making the move then. If he can only finish 3rd or worse next year, then let someone else have him.
Last edited by eagletx on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:21 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

because I’m interested to see if they can keep it up against rcc?

Anyone unwilling to admit that 2-5 FSU and that overhyped uva team were not that good is a bigger homer than I am a heinz hater. I think it WILL be interesting to see how we perform against a ranked rcc team... assuming they win one of their next two. it’s even more interesting that we have 15 days to rest which takes some excuses off the table

Slaughter does not have a good track record with post-bye week games. I hope the rcc game puts a stop to that trend like the last 3 weeks have put a stop to his offenisive game planning trend

NC St. has good QB play. Syracuse has good QB play. These will be reasonable tests to see if BC has really turned a corner.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:50 am

Beatdown!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:28 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Addazio will get an extension. The length and dollar amount will depend on how he finishes, but there is little doubt in my mind he will leverage this season into another deal.

Not a chance in hell.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:28 am

Thoughts on the girl's attempted 35yard fieldgoal?

The beer lines were yuge!

The nerds were solid last night and I don't really have a problem with them rushing the field. Its too bad they don't wear the Super Fan shirts anymore.

Great weather for a fall football game in New England. Funny how cold the FSU players looked on the sideline.

Lot of empty seats in the upper endzones and above Conte. We need to fill in the corners.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:34 am

You are saying this because it will provide HCRD more time under Urban to be groomed as the replacement.

Since his arrival, Jarmond has been hearing about the need to make a change. He has seen first-hand the lack of enthusiasm from the fans. I think both were surprising to him. I think that he had no plans to make a FB change this year (probably hearing from Urban that Daz had the program in a good spot). I think the first 6 games had him greatly reconsidering Daz. I think that he likely felt hamstrung by the albatross of an extension that Bates handed out.

To the extent that folks had hoped for an accelerated timeline, such slim chance was extinguished with the Ville win. That said, given human nature, I think it is a very long mental journey from firing someone to instead gambling his young career on Daz success. There is no doubt Daz's agent will make the request... because that is what he's paid to do. Bates would've agreed. I have hope Jarmond isn't also a gladhanding empty suit. An extension does nothing to prevent Daz from leaving (not to mention the complete lack of interest from other schools). It just handcuffs Marty's ability to hire a quality replacement (which is something he saw earlier this season).

All that said, I could see Daz get a fake extension. One where he gets a bump in salary and years but has his buyout be a static number that is akin to one year salary. Daz would likely jump all over it because he's a guy who would want to be back coaching in Urban's staff (pun intended).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:36 am

Whole gameday crew all spoke of FSU quitting, and went on and on about losing like that with superior talent. A "frontrunner" team Desmond Howard called them. no love for BC.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:51 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:Whole gameday crew all spoke of FSU quitting, and went on and on about losing like that with superior talent. A "frontrunner" team Desmond Howard called them. no love for BC.

Even if a good BC team with '04-'08 level preseason expectations beat FSU like last night the narrative would still be how bad FSU was. Just the nature of college football. Just appreciate being the unheralded team that actually pulls upsets, instead of the unheralded doormat.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:37 am

Anything more than a 1 year extension would be a travesty.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:37 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Thoughts on the girl's attempted 35yard fieldgoal?

The nerds were solid last night and I don't really have a problem with them rushing the field. Its too bad they don't wear the Super Fan shirts anymore.

Great weather for a fall football game in New England. Funny how cold the FSU players looked on the sideline.

Lot of empty seats in the upper endzones and above Conte. We need to fill in the corners.

How bad was the attempt?
Ball placed at the 25? On a tee?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:11 am

NO WAY. You don't go from top 10 on the Coach's Hot SEAT list and 2 disappointing seasons to an extension, even if you finish 8-4! Doesn't his contract already go through like 2020? Where is the leverage? No one wants him.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:18 am

yeah i didn't get the point of that, i think it was a 40 yarder and there were probably 10 people in the stadium who could hit that.

nerds were pretty good and agreed, at first i was like wtf are they doing but they haven't seen good exciting football in a long time. it's college football, it's supposed to be fun.

where the hell did this come from? a month ago we were 1-3 w the 1 being niu shitting itself down the stretch and zero ability to move the ball.

for those that were there, it was a pretty rowdy crowd
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:50 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

yeah i didn't get the point of that, i think it was a 40 yarder and there were probably 10 people in the stadium who could hit that.

nerds were pretty good and agreed, at first i was like wtf are they doing but they haven't seen good exciting football in a long time. it's college football, it's supposed to be fun.

where the hell did this come from? a month ago we were 1-3 w the 1 being niu shitting itself down the stretch and zero ability to move the ball.

for those that were there, it was a pretty rowdy crowd

Just wish it was a bit more packed. Stadium looked empty on TV other than a few sections.

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium