Florida State Game Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Florida State Game Thread

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:04 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Addazio will get an extension. The length and dollar amount will depend on how he finishes, but there is little doubt in my mind he will leverage this season into another deal.

NO WAY. You don't go from top 10 on the Coach's Hot SEAT list and 2 disappointing seasons to an extension, even if you finish 8-4! Doesn't his contract already go through like 2020? Where is the leverage? No one wants him.

It’s this.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:13 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:NC St. has good QB play. Syracuse has good QB play. These will be reasonable tests to see if BC has really turned a corner.

I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed much. All 4 losses and the Ville game (where Jackson put up something like 550 yards on his own) involved teams with mobile QBs. Not sure if any of the 3 remaining teams have a scrambler, but our D has yet to show themselves capable against one. The D seems very good against traditional offenses with pocket passes. It's when shit breaks down or we have to face read-zone, that things breakdown. As Spaz so artfully would say, "you think, you stink."
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:14 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Addazio will get an extension. The length and dollar amount will depend on how he finishes, but there is little doubt in my mind he will leverage this season into another deal.

Shut your ginger mouth.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:54 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:

NO WAY. You don't go from top 10 on the Coach's Hot SEAT list and 2 disappointing seasons to an extension, even if you finish 8-4! Doesn't his contract already go through like 2020? Where is the leverage? No one wants him.

It’s this.

Addazio and/or his agent: "Martin, how can I recruit without an extension? I need to be able to tell these guys I'm here for their four years."

In three games, he will have two seasons left on the extension Bates gave him. My guess is that BC will settle on one year to please everybody. Addazio's parachute gets a little bigger and he can use it in recruiting, his agent gets paid and BC doesn't cripple their future budgets like a two year extension might.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:11 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:

It’s this.

Addazio and/or his agent: "Martin, how can I recruit without an extension? I need to be able to tell these guys I'm here for their four years."

In three games, he will have two seasons left on the extension Bates gave him. My guess is that BC will settle on one year to please everybody. Addazio's parachute gets a little bigger and he can use it in recruiting, his agent gets paid and BC doesn't cripple their future budgets like a two year extension might.

I forgot who mentioned it, but the answer is a 2 year extension but with only a marginal increase in the buyout (assuming he finishes as strong as the last 3 weeks). Length of contract is all you need for recruiting and to keep team chemistry. But the buyout is all that really matters.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:21 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:

It’s this.

I forgot who mentioned it, but the answer is a 2 year extension but with only a marginal increase in the buyout (assuming he finishes as strong as the last 3 weeks). Length of contract is all you need for recruiting and to keep team chemistry. But the buyout is all that really matters.

Someone very smart: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17103&hilit=contract&start=330
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby mario14b on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:43 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:

It’s this.

Daz's contract runs through 2020. In 3 games, he still has 3 full seasons left. I have no faith in Jarmond if he extends him based on what may end up being a nice 6 game run to finish the season against competition that looks mediocre, at best.
mario14b
n00b

Postby dick ritchie on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:52 pm

mario14b {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:

It’s this.

Daz's contract runs through 2020. In 3 games, he still has 3 full seasons left. I have no faith in Jarmond if he extends him based on what may end up being a nice 6 game run to finish the season against competition that looks mediocre, at best.

This. Let's wait until the end of the season to see what our record is and where the teams we beat finish. Louisville and UVA both lost again today and FSU may finish 4-8.
dick ritchie
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:54 pm

I just realized with 3 games left we are 3rd in the Atlantic.
That said, NC St is going to be REALLY tough and Syracuse will prob be a close one as well.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:24 pm

I can’t even believe extension is being discussed. I will lose a lot of faith in Jarmond if he does that.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:48 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I just realized with 3 games left we are 3rd in the Atlantic.
That said, NC St is going to be REALLY tough and Syracuse will prob be a close one as well.

If GT beats Clemson tonight, there are actually several scenarios that sees BC winning the Atlantic.

Need the perfect 3-way tie between Clemson, NCST and BC at 5-3, with NCST beating Clemson (each would be 1-1 against the other two), and need Syracuse to be the 4th place team in the Atlantic (would eliminate Clemson from the 3-way tie), then BC wins the Atlantic with head-to-head over NCST...

:screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:22 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

If GT beats Clemson tonight, there are actually several scenarios that sees BC winning the Atlantic.

Need the perfect 3-way tie between Clemson, NCST and BC at 5-3, with NCST beating Clemson (each would be 1-1 against the other two), and need Syracuse to be the 4th place team in the Atlantic (would eliminate Clemson from the 3-way tie), then BC wins the Atlantic with head-to-head over NCST...

Clemson already up against GT 7-0. Unfortunately, Clemson won't lose another game and this scenario will not happen.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:51 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

With Penn State losing and Holy Cross beating Georgetown, we actually have a chance of winning the Lambert Trophy this year. The Scooby Doos beating Stony Brook next week would be huge for us.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:55 pm

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... th-threats
"Daz's agent is sure to use the threat of going back to the Gators as leverage for a huge extension." - ATL 12-hours from now
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:54 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Thoughts on the girl's attempted 35yard fieldgoal?

The beer lines were yuge!

The nerds were solid last night and I don't really have a problem with them rushing the field. Its too bad they don't wear the Super Fan shirts anymore.

Great weather for a fall football game in New England. Funny how cold the FSU players looked on the sideline.

Lot of empty seats in the upper endzones and above Conte. We need to fill in the corners.

yeah i didn't get the point of that, i think it was a 40 yarder and there were probably 10 people in the stadium who could hit that.

nerds were pretty good and agreed, at first i was like wtf are they doing but they haven't seen good exciting football in a long time. it's college football, it's supposed to be fun.

where the hell did this come from? a month ago we were 1-3 w the 1 being niu shitting itself down the stretch and zero ability to move the ball.

for those that were there, it was a pretty rowdy crowd

Just wish it was a bit more packed. Stadium looked empty on TV other than a few sections.

This is utterly false. Upper deck end zone were the only places not packed.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:57 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:NC St. has good QB play. Syracuse has good QB play. These will be reasonable tests to see if BC has really turned a corner.

I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed much. All 4 losses and the Ville game (where Jackson put up something like 550 yards on his own) involved teams with mobile QBs. Not sure if any of the 3 remaining teams have a scrambler, but our D has yet to show themselves capable against one. The D seems very good against traditional offenses with pocket passes. It's when shit breaks down or we have to face read-zone, that things breakdown. As Spaz so artfully would say, "you think, you stink."

Dungey and the kid that transferred into the NCSU are far from scramblers.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby James Kilmeady on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:51 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:The last time FSU missed going to a bowl Bobby Bowden could still make teh juice! ool

They were good enough to come to Alumni and shellack BC that year, however.
A night game in a nor'easter.
Oh they'll make you or break you but they'll never forsake you...
James Kilmeady
Carney Hall

Postby James Kilmeady on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:01 am

I pray that an SEC team snatches Spadazzianio while he's still hot. Get him out of here. But they have to act quickly because he WILL revert to form.

Three bloody wins over mediocre ACC teams and you've all gone ickypalooky.
Oh they'll make you or break you but they'll never forsake you...
James Kilmeady
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:39 am

James Kilmeady {l Wrote}:I pray that an SEC team snatches Spadazzianio while he's still hot. Get him out of here. But they have to act quickly because he WILL revert to form.

I like James Kilmeady. Always have. That being said, I wouldn't say we are going crazy with excitement. We're just enjoying wins over programs that beat us by a combined score of 97-14 last year. We know these teams are not good this year, but normally we're the team that is trash.

Moreover, we're not getting Chip Kelly and in my opinion, he is the only guaranteed commodity available. Perhaps the Iowa St. coach can be added to the list but he wouldn't make a lateral move to BC. And this is a year when at least half the SEC schools will be looking for a new coach. BC would have been something like the 10th best option for a coach, at best, when you look at all of the positions that will be open across the P5 conferences. Knowing that reality, here's hoping that Addazio has agreed to let Loeffler control more of the offense and these young players (AJ, AB and Kobay) will be the core of an exciting offense for the next 3.25 years.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:00 pm

James Kilmeady {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:The last time FSU missed going to a bowl Bobby Bowden could still make teh juice! ool

They were good enough to come to Alumni and shellack BC that year, however.
A night game in a nor'easter.

This is revisionist history
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:02 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
James Kilmeady {l Wrote}:I pray that an SEC team snatches Spadazzianio while he's still hot. Get him out of here. But they have to act quickly because he WILL revert to form.

I like James Kilmeady. Always have. That being said, I wouldn't say we are going crazy with excitement. We're just enjoying wins over programs that beat us by a combined score of 97-14 last year. We know these teams are not good this year, but normally we're the team that is trash.

Moreover, we're not getting Chip Kelly and in my opinion, he is the only guaranteed commodity available. Perhaps the Iowa St. coach can be added to the list but he wouldn't make a lateral move to BC. And this is a year when at least half the SEC schools will be looking for a new coach. BC would have been something like the 10th best option for a coach, at best, when you look at all of the positions that will be open across the P5 conferences. Knowing that reality, here's hoping that Addazio has agreed to let Loeffler control more of the offense and these young players (AJ, AB and Kobay) will be the core of an exciting offense for the next 3.25 years.

If there's even a chance that what we've seen over the last 3 weeks is even close to a "new normal" under Daz, and we can be competitive for the next 3-4 years, winning 7-10 games even if never making the ACCCG, and Daz can leverage that into more consistency and quality in recruiting, then in 2020 or 2021 we enter the market looking for a new coach as a solid program rather than a joke...well, if that's a possibility I think I'd take that over starting a completely new rebuild this off-season with the market the way it's looking.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:22 pm

ATL's numbers on Daz's contract are wrong.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:06 pm

Okay great game BC. Nicely done. I watched from a hotel in St George Utah.

I made quite a bit of money on this game at the expense of the Virgin River Casino in Mesquite Nevada. I resisted the urge to take the points, and took the money line, straight up for BC to win. Cha-CHING!!!! +185. Thank you ignorant Nevada gamblers for ignoring what BC has done lately. Easiest bet I ever made.

I expect BC to finish 7-5 (4-4 in ACC play) and another shit-ball bowl game, the same shit-ball bowl bid they would get by going 6-6. I certainly hope that Jarmond does NOT (under any circumstances) give this man an extension. I don't give a damn if the 2018 and 2019 recruits are worried he won't be the coach. Five straight 12th to 14th ranked recruiting classes (out of 12 or 14 teams in the ACC) means we aren't losing ANYTHING with his recruits giving pause. These wins were game day wins of a coach that is at least "average" on his ability to coach and win on game day, nothing more.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:12 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:ATL's numbers on Daz's contract are wrong.

You're right. I was wrong. The extension does carry through 2020 season. I thought it went just through 2019. Bates basically bid against himself.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Thoughts on the girl's attempted 35yard fieldgoal?

The beer lines were yuge!

The nerds were solid last night and I don't really have a problem with them rushing the field. Its too bad they don't wear the Super Fan shirts anymore.

Great weather for a fall football game in New England. Funny how cold the FSU players looked on the sideline.

Lot of empty seats in the upper endzones and above Conte. We need to fill in the corners.

yeah i didn't get the point of that, i think it was a 40 yarder and there were probably 10 people in the stadium who could hit that.

nerds were pretty good and agreed, at first i was like wtf are they doing but they haven't seen good exciting football in a long time. it's college football, it's supposed to be fun.

where the hell did this come from? a month ago we were 1-3 w the 1 being niu shitting itself down the stretch and zero ability to move the ball.

for those that were there, it was a pretty rowdy crowd

Just wish it was a bit more packed. Stadium looked empty on TV other than a few sections.

This is utterly false. Upper deck end zone were the only places not packed.

That was how it appeared on TV from what I saw.
Disappointing that we couldn’t sell out a Friday night, red bandana game.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:34 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:ATL's numbers on Daz's contract are wrong.

You're right. I was wrong. The extension does carry through 2020 season. I thought it went just through 2019. Bates basically bid against himself.

So... does that mean you think there is no extension coming?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:49 pm

Nothing too interesting in here:

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:01 am

Damn... I didn't see this originally, but Game Day absolutely destroyed BC. Effing Rece "that's a girl's name" Davis: "Under the Musco Lighting and outside the field hockey lines at Boston College..."
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:19 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Damn... I didn't see this originally, but Game Day absolutely destroyed BC. Effing Rece "that's a girl's name" Davis: "Under the Musco Lighting and outside the field hockey lines at Boston College..."

Davis was making a joke at Herbstreit’s expense. You’re better than this HJS
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:25 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Okay great game BC. Nicely done. I watched from a hotel in St George Utah.

I made quite a bit of money on this game at the expense of the Virgin River Casino in Mesquite Nevada. I resisted the urge to take the points, and took the money line, straight up for BC to win. Cha-CHING!!!! +185. Thank you ignorant Nevada gamblers for ignoring what BC has done lately. Easiest bet I ever made.

I expect BC to finish 7-5 (4-4 in ACC play) and another shit-ball bowl game, the same shit-ball bowl bid they would get by going 6-6. I certainly hope that Jarmond does NOT (under any circumstances) give this man an extension. I don't give a damn if the 2018 and 2019 recruits are worried he won't be the coach. Five straight 12th to 14th ranked recruiting classes (out of 12 or 14 teams in the ACC) means we aren't losing ANYTHING with his recruits giving pause. These wins were game day wins of a coach that is at least "average" on his ability to coach and win on game day, nothing more.

I have to say, I am really enjoying this schtick. It is far superior to the MAGA/Proud Boys/Red Pill schtick, which was only enjoyable because it made so many people angry.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium