Florida State Game Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Florida State Game Thread

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:21 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Can we just go back to speculating on what IB was doing in St George, Utah? Between the kraut pervert and Sarah Silverman this is so awful that I am reduced to wishing ass cancer on all of you.

I posted a youtube of what we did, Dick.

Please don't post it here.

Too late. Of course, that was last year's performance at Tuacahn, but it was the best I could do. You get the idea.

Wait...I missed it?

It was the clown thing. He went to Utah to see NC State's valedictorian do a one-man show.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:37 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Can we just go back to speculating on what IB was doing in St George, Utah? Between the kraut pervert and Sarah Silverman this is so awful that I am reduced to wishing ass cancer on all of you.

Too late. Of course, that was last year's performance at Tuacahn, but it was the best I could do. You get the idea.

Wait...I missed it?

It was the clown thing. He went to Utah to see NC State's valedictorian do a one-man show.

Then you missed it too.

We didn't go to Tuacahn for the damn clown. Go back and look carefully at the youtube.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:18 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Wait...I missed it?

Then you missed it too.

We didn't go to Tuacahn for the damn clown. Go back and look carefully at the youtube.

No. Don't like clowns
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:09 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Wait...I missed it?

Then you missed it too.

No. Don't like clowns

Neither do I.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:55 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Wait...I missed it?

Then you missed it too.

No. Don't like clowns

Neither do I.

Then why did you travel to Utah to watch a clown live sex show? Kinda weird that this Bourbon Street staple has bastardized itself in a bizarre way and found a regular audience in Utah (with visiting Arizonans). No judgements.
http://odysseydance.com/new/shows/thriller/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Wait...I missed it?

Then you missed it too.

No. Don't like clowns

Neither do I.

Then why did you travel to Utah to watch a clown live sex show? Kinda weird that this Bourbon Street staple has bastardized itself in a bizarre way and found a regular audience in Utah (with visiting Arizonans). No judgements.
http://odysseydance.com/new/shows/thriller/

no judgment taken :)

Daughter wanted to see Thriller. We figured we'd use our flight benefits, take a trip. I wanted to check on our retirement home in Mesquite that we are renting out, talk to our renter, place the BC-FSU bet, check out Paddock's house, so it was part leisure travel, part business. Mesquite recovered nicely from the 2009 crash. They are building a Café Rio!
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:19 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:no judgment taken :)

Daughter wanted to see Thriller. We figured we'd use our flight benefits, take a trip. I wanted to check on our retirement home in Mesquite that we are renting out, talk to our renter, place the BC-FSU bet, check out Paddock's house, so it was part leisure travel, part business. Mesquite recovered nicely from the 2009 crash. They are building a Café Rio!

And here is where sincerity is overrated.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:24 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:no judgment taken :)

And here is where sincerity is overrated.

That incest gif is giving me nightmares.

Shame on you guys :81
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Don't think I saw this posted yet:

The Eagles manhandled Florida State 35-3 before their bye week, beating the Seminoles for the first time since 2009 and becoming the first team to hold FSU without a touchdown since 2008 and the first to keep the 'Noles under 10 points since '09.

Not bad
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:26 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Don't think I saw this posted yet:

The Eagles manhandled Florida State 35-3 before their bye week, beating the Seminoles for the first time since 2009 and becoming the first team to hold FSU without a touchdown since 2008 and the first to keep the 'Noles under 10 points since '09.

Not bad

Everything BC did in that game, was great. Everything. I can not overemphasize this.

Timestamp this, there will never again be another time in any of our lives that BC beats FSU by more than 30 points in a football game. That is how special Friday Night was.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:09 am

Not surprisingly, that is a very stupid thing to guarantee. Well maybe not given tubby’s life expectancy.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:40 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Not surprisingly, that is a very stupid thing to guarantee. Well maybe not given tubby’s life expectancy.

no guarantees

I mean seriously guys, think about what they accomplished 2 weeks ago. A team of marginal recruits, with a frosh center, tailback and QB, and Junior High School phys-ed teacher coach beat a team filled with 4-star and 5-star athletes coached by a National Championship winner. And they won by 4 eight-point touchdowns. No BC team has ever done anything like that before, not by 32 points. Maybe FSU sux this year because after all the injuries their heart isn't in it, but that doesn't make their players bad and the coach a phys-ed teacher. We all know how good Jimbo Fisher is.

I thought they might win straight up, but I never would have imagined by such a margin. We may never again, see anything like that.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:40 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Not surprisingly, that is a very stupid thing to guarantee. Well maybe not given tubby’s life expectancy.

Eh. I think he's pretty safe here.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GrammarLesson on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:37 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Don't think I saw this posted yet:

Not bad

Everything BC did in that game, was great. Everything. I can not overemphasize this.

Timestamp this, there will never again be another time in any of our lives that BC beats FSU by more than 30 points in a football game. That is how special Friday Night was.

Your abuse of the English language deserves a ban.
How can anyone be this illiterate? :suicide
GrammarLesson
n00b

Postby eagle33 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:34 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Damn... I didn't see this originally, but Game Day absolutely destroyed BC. Effing Rece "that's a girl's name" Davis: "Under the Musco Lighting and outside the field hockey lines at Boston College..."

Davis was making a joke at Herbstreit’s expense. You’re better than this HJS

https://twitter.com/MConwayBC/status/1002380076493737984
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:21 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Damn... I didn't see this originally, but Game Day absolutely destroyed BC. Effing Rece "that's a girl's name" Davis: "Under the Musco Lighting and outside the field hockey lines at Boston College..."

What’s the issue with Musco lighting? These use it in a ton of major sporting venues.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:53 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:What’s the issue with Musco lighting? These use it in a ton of major sporting venues.

I have no clue why they're shitting on the lights and I don't get the reference about field hockey lines either.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:04 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:What’s the issue with Musco lighting? These use it in a ton of major sporting venues.

I have no clue why they're shitting on the lights and I don't get the reference about field hockey lines either.

That joke would have been relevant if it was pre-1994 when they had the track around the field and lines on the turf for other sporting events played at Alumni.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:01 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

That joke would have been relevant if it was pre-1994 when they had the track around the field and lines on the turf for other sporting events played at Alumni.

Those lines were there post-1994.
I can guarantee them at least as late as 1996 but I believe later than that as well.
I don’t think they were removed until the newton fields became a thing. Not sure what year that happened.

EDIT. according to the BC facilities website, the Newton fields opened in fall 1999. My guess is they replaced the Alumni turf sometime during the summer 1999 and didn’t place the FH lines on the new turf then. Can anyone confirm?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

I can guarantee them at least as late as 1996 but I believe later than that as well.
I don’t think they were removed until the newton fields became a thing. Not sure what year that happened.

EDIT. according to the BC facilities website, the Newton fields opened in fall 1999. My guess is they replaced the Alumni turf sometime during the summer 1999 and didn’t place the FH lines on the new turf then. Can anyone confirm?

This is Alumni in 1994 after the second renovation enclosed the stadium. I think the lines were on the field after the first renovation, in 1985 IIRC, when the lower section was still a horseshoe and the upper decks were added.

There were no lines in 1957.

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

What’s the issue with Musco lighting? These use it in a ton of major sporting venues.

Wait... you should be telling us. Apparently, you understood Davis' "joke at Herbstreit's expense" back on October 31st.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:50 am

gameday crew has had an odd obsession about aluminumni stadium when discussing bc
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:59 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

This is Alumni in 1994 after the second renovation enclosed the stadium. I think the lines were on the field after the first renovation, in 1985 IIRC, when the lower section was still a horseshoe and the upper decks were added.

The lines are there in your photo but they are faint as they were not as dark/thick as the football lines.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:49 am

Herbie and TOB's dad go way back to when TOB was recruiting for Navy. All of Herbie's talking points come from TOB, hence complaints about the turf from the 90s.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:17 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:

The lines are there in your photo but they are faint as they were not as dark/thick as the football lines.

i hate to agree with hansen about anything, but he is correct here. if you look at the attached, which clearly needs more jpeg, you can see faint blue and white lines extending from the endzone. i assume that's the area of the lacrosse field designated for rocketcar building

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Los on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:32 am

Those lines were there as late as the mid 2000's. I'm guessing they weren't removed until the rebranding from "block BC" to "italicized BC" or maybe when they installed the newer Field Turf in '04.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:59 am

I just checked highlights from the Vick game in 2000 and the lines are there. They are faint, but they are there.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:16 pm

Take hansen's word on this, as he played field hockey on that turf.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Wait... you should be telling us. Apparently, you understood Davis' "joke at Herbstreit's expense" back on October 31st.

I can’t be brilliant all the time
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:39 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I can’t be brilliant all the time

We noticed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium