Coach Addazio Apology Thread (It has come together....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Coach Addazio Apology Thread (It has come together....

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:38 am

Coach Addazio Apology Thread - It has come together and it is beautiful!

Probably going to run the table at this point.

Assume Clemson wins the ACC Championship game and heads to the playoffs with Miami in the Orange Bowl.

I think that gets us to the Citrus Bowl.

Not sure if we win ACC next year...but certainly by Dillon and Brown's Junior Year.

Let it all out....

I am sorry I doubted you, Coach.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Re: Coach Addazio Apology Thread (It has come together....

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:16 am

ool
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:31 am

I assumed this was bowtie
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles06 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:34 am

I refuse to believe that this dolt just saw the light and figured out how to run an offense. When are we going to find out that someone else is calling the plays now and Daz's headset is shut off during games?

That being said if Daz figured out that he was the reason the team was held back and gave up some of his duties to fix it, he deserves some credit.
BCEagles06
n00b

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:44 am

Two wins over subpar teams and you've harpooned yourself to a thread that should most appropriately be titled 'Notorious Orange II: The Ballwashing'?

While I was glad to see our football team actually play football, the Ville is like a drunk chick running across the dance floor with her hand over her mouth, trying (and ultimately tragically failing) to contain an explosive thunderhead of steaming vomit while maintaining some semblance of dignity, while UVA has been beating lunch money out of Mohamet, Jugdish, Sidney, and Clayton.

Addazio's limitations as a coach are still front and center, and will ultimately put a ceiling on his abilities to win games and put together the kind of excellent season of which are players are capable (or would be capable, under a different coach).

In closing, this thread should be drowned in ketchup.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:06 am

i thought this was going to be a thread where t.s. slaughter apologized to us for his mental retardation and the impact that condition has on his ability to coach or speak in public to people.

as a result, this thread disappoints me. i am currently deciding how i am going to hijack it

anyone lining up for the coronation of this gym teacher needs to go back to the notorious orange thread that tonto references above. those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13437 no meatbomb

for those of you that want to end up like notorious orange in a self-imposed banishment of shame, have at it. i'm especially encouraging nospace as his departure from this board is a clear addition by subtraction
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:22 am

I'm certainly not going to start threads like this over two wins, but let's not underplay the wins either. L'Ville has a dog shit defense, but BC still needed to outscore that offense and contain, as best as possible the most dynamic two way QB I have seen since Michael Vick. They also handled FSU. And UVA certainly built their record taking lunch money from hansens, but BC annihilated a 5-1 team in conference. It wasn't as if they squeaked out a win over an overrated team.

Addazio will have to sustain this a lot longer before I can erase the horrific flashbacks of terrible game planning and coaching, but as we sit here today, nothing in the last two weeks is worth bitching about.

Oh, and I read Dr. Jack's post in the ironic voice I believe was intended.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:26 am

agreed - they aren't worth bitching about as much as they are not worth crowing about.

remember when south park was funny? i miss those days
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:33 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: i'm especially encouraging nospace as his departure from this board is a clear addition by subtraction

Seems to suddenly, quietly be some consolidation in tech spaces and at tech companies - I have tech friends looking around for employment. Am wondering if nospace was office spaced.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 am

As for the crowing, people have spent years honing the agenda that that they can't win conference games. They just won two conference games in impressive fashion. For the first time in a while, they looked like a middle of the road ACC team and not the bottom of the barrel. It sucks that it waited until after the Wake game, and I am not saying they will sustain it, but it is undeniable. If they play like this or a reasonable facsimile thereof for the remainder of the season, they will win 3 of 4. That won't be satisfactory, but it won't be the steaming pile of dogshit we though this season was destined to be.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:28 am

Lets relax. UVA is still just UVA and L'ville still strikes me as their WTF defensive let down.

Lets see them win 2 of the next 4. (The UConn win should be a guarantee.)
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 am

i just want hope that he can be anything above a 7-8 win coach here.

things that would make me feel that way:

-winning out
-being actually prepared for a bowl
-coming back when down at halftime
-beating teams you are supposed to (hes 3 point underdogs to FSU at home at night. win that game)
-not losing to teams you arent supposed to (wake is going 7-5 at best this year. that was not an acceptable loss)

that said, while i support the kids and think what brown and dillon have done over the last 2 weeks is fantastic, i will never support him. hes an asshole, he represents the school horribly, and he isnt a good football coach. after nearly half a decade watching this jackass patrol the sideline, my opinion will never change on those three points.

otherwise, all this season will do is give us another 7 win year (our 4th in 5), with a guy who will never do well enough to leave, and who has no incentive to given his saban like contract for tim murphy like performance.

at least give me hope that my reward for your buffonery will be an occasional 10-2 season.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:47 am

The team did get some style points on Saturday. The victory was nothing like the last one at UVA: http://www.espn.com/college-football/ga ... =303240103. Amazing that BC team went 4-4 in the ACC that year. ACC was bad.

But UVA will likely lose the rest of their games. That offense is putrid. Their best chance for a win is this week against Pitt.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:47 am

I don't know that Addazio is really a bad look for the university, other than maybe swearing at refs once in a while. I guess that just doesn't bother me too much. He's good on TV and he's good at promoting the school.

The rest I agree with.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:52 am

Let's forget about the results for a second and just focus on the fact that the coaching has been light years better in the past two weeks than it was in the previous 6 games. Now the kids are being put in a position to win. And they are coming through and playing well.

We resemble a fucking D1 football team again. This is significant. For a few years, that had not been the case. WHY!?!?

Now, was the schedule tough early? Yes. Does that forgive Daz for not putting the players in the best position to win? Fuck no.

This man clearly changed the way he was doing his job in the past two games and he owes everyone a goddamn apology. This pre-emptive 'trust me I know what I'm doing and someday it will come together and it will be beautiful' spin as reasoning for doing a piss-poor job for a long time does not fly with me (let's be honest he had no idea it was ever going to come together but boy did he hedge things nicely).

Daz apology thread? Oh yes, please apologize for not doing whatever you did the past two games sooner Mr. Daz.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:57 am

He was almost HJSian in his prophecy that the offense was going to be beautiful right before he changed how he did things.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:12 am

He is who we thought he is? We are going to crown his ass now?

Nawwww.

:whalepants

PS I prefer it when BC football wins games
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:22 am

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:26 am

While I do think Addazio is an ass-clown with the reasoning skills of a clown's ass, it has occurred to me that next year the most consequential player we lose for next year on the offensive side of the ball is Callinan...and Dillon-White-Brown-Petrula should be around through 2020
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:40 am

I’m not sure what he could do to make up for halftime of the ND game. That was the end of me supporting him.

If he’s finally delegated the offense and game management and is assuming a Dabo role of jumping around like Bozo the Clown and recruiting then credit to him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:42 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:While I do think Addazio is an ass-clown with the reasoning skills of a clown's ass, it has occurred to me that next year the most consequential player we lose for next year on the offensive side of the ball is Callinan...and Dillon-White-Brown-Petrula should be around through 2020

unless they get tired of his ass clownery and head to the league early - like a pre-concussed luke
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:47 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:While I do think Addazio is an ass-clown with the reasoning skills of a clown's ass, it has occurred to me that next year the most consequential player we lose for next year on the offensive side of the ball is Callinan...and Dillon-White-Brown-Petrula should be around through 2020

unless they get tired of his ass clownery and head to the league early - like a pre-concussed luke

I think you mixed up your ass clowns
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:49 am

What is the offensive line next year?

Monteiro-Petrula-Baker-Phillips-Lindstrom ?

Dillon is going to run for a lot of yards behind that line, provided the brain trust in headsets doesn't find a way to "Addazio" it up
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:15 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

it was an analogy, not a direct comparison. luke got tired of spaz's ass-clownery, locked him out of the locker room, and then headed to the league. one of those guys might also run a similar course with t.s. slaughter as their ass clown
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

it was an analogy, not a direct comparison. luke got tired of spaz's ass-clownery, locked him out of the locker room, and then headed to the league. one of those guys might also run a similar course with t.s. slaughter as their ass clown

Maybe, but I don't see any signs of that. Quite the contrary. We can't stand his bullshit, but the athletes largely seem to like it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Is a personal ass clown the new haberdasher /zeppelin pilot?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:What is the offensive line next year?

Monteiro-Petrula-Baker-Phillips-Lindstrom ?

Maybe E Johnson over Phillips.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:47 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i just want hope that he can be anything above a 7-8 win coach here.

When has Daz won 8 games here?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:i just want hope that he can be anything above a 7-8 win coach here.

When has Daz won 8 games here?

He hasn't. I think his comments can be interpreted to mean even if he were to win 8 in the future, that's still not acceptable.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:05 pm

yes
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium