Louisville game day

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Louisville game day

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:58 pm

:seanwilliams
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Good win. Happy. Will stop bitching for one week

We appreciate that.

I won't notice.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}::seanwilliams

We appreciate that.

I won't notice.

heh, you just did :)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:59 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Louisville just affirmed why they are my least favorite ACC team

Because they lost to BC?

this is a good post and you should feel good about it
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:00 pm

For the first time since Tyler Murphy, I actually want to watch ESPN today and see if they show BC highlights. Strange feeling.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:00 pm

It's one win, 5 games left for Daz to prove this was not a fluke. Win out starting next week.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}::seanwilliams

We appreciate that.

I won't notice.

heh, you just did :)

What?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:02 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:For the first time since Tyler Murphy, I actually want to watch ESPN today and see if they show BC highlights. Strange feeling.

Agreed
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:05 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Louisville just affirmed why they are my least favorite ACC team

Because they lost to BC?

Because they just got Addazio a 6th year. So yes

One game is not going to change anything. Assuming UConn is a fourth win, getting another win or even two is going to be freaking difficult with Syracuse, NC State, Virginia all dramatically improved.

I think 5-6 wins is def back in play though; this game makes up for the abortion that was Wake Forest.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:06 pm

As much as addazzio sucks, he has recruited some good offensive talent. Petrula and Lindstrom look like some beasts on the Oline
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:07 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Because they lost to BC?

One game is not going to change anything. Assuming UConn is a fourth win, getting another win or even two is going to be freaking difficult with Syracuse, NC State, Virginia all dramatically improved.

I think 5-6 wins is def back in play though; this game makes up for the abortion that was Wake Forest.

Louisville is 1-3 in the ACC and their defense is obviously trash. Something is up with them. But if AJ Dillon looks like that against other opponents, anything is possible.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:08 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Nicely done by the offense. The offensive line and Dillon just punched Louisville in the mouth. It really paid off. That appears to be the way this team has to win against the quality opponents.

Their defense was completely exhausted.

It is remarkable how good the offensive line has become with Dillon running the ball.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:09 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Because they lost to BC?

You're contradicting yourself. If you think 5-6 wins is back in play, then this game certainly can make a difference. 3-9/0-fortheACC and there's no way he'd be coming back. If he can pull out just one more ACC win and beat UConn, he's back in 2018.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:11 pm

I'll give Daz credit for this one game. The offense did come together, and it was a lot of fun to watch.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:12 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Darius Wade was fine. But he walked into a situation where all he had to do was handoff to AJ Dillon and throw a couple of play actions. I'm fine with whomever starts next week.

If Brown is not 100%, the I think you have to go Wade.

Otherwise, assuming both are healthy, I would give Brown the start but come up with some packages for Wade to run as well (maybe some zone read?). I think we need to keep developing Brown but I also want to win games now and maybe Wade can brings something else to the table. Going 100% to Wade probably would be deflating to Brown so we need to be careful here.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:16 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Nicely done by the offense. The offensive line and Dillon just punched Louisville in the mouth. It really paid off. That appears to be the way this team has to win against the quality opponents.

It is remarkable how good the offensive line has become with Dillon running the ball.

This. No more Hillman
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:

This. No more Hillman

I’m fine with him as a backup to Dillon (he picked up a TD today in that role) or for the occasional pass into the flat.
But it’s hard to see him as the featured back going forward.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:20 pm

Nobody should be disappointed by this win. There was a good chance Daz was going to come back next year even if we went 3-9.

Enjoy the win. Enjoy that we looked pretty damn good on the road against a tough team. Enjoy that we finally won a game against a Atlantic Top 3 Opponent. And enjoy the upcoming week, where there's actually some reason for enthusiasm. If Daz has learned that Dillon should be the #1 back and if the OL has actually taken a step forward, there could still be some fun ahead in 2017.

- UVa is still UVa, wins against Duke and Boise State notwithstanding.
- FSU does not look like FSU.
- NCST is bound to crash down to earth, and we get them after ND and Clemson. Great letdown opportunity.
- UConn is essentailly a bye week.
- Syracuse to seal an 8 win season!!!

:screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:24 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Darius Wade was fine. But he walked into a situation where all he had to do was handoff to AJ Dillon and throw a couple of play actions. I'm fine with whomever starts next week.

If Brown is not 100%, the I think you have to go Wade.

Otherwise, assuming both are healthy, I would give Brown the start but come up with some packages for Wade to run as well (maybe some zone read?). I think we need to keep developing Brown but I also want to win games now and maybe Wade can brings something else to the table. Going 100% to Wade probably would be deflating to Brown so we need to be careful here.

I'm ok deflating Brown a bit. A young, struggling QB should expect to have to earn it. Nothing should come easy for him while he's struggling. If he had looked better in the first 7 games I'd care more about his ego. I care about winning.

Is Wade really this inaccurate throwing down field??? I feel like I've seen him throw a sharper ball over the middle, if only in Spring games. Any chance building some confidence in Wade would let him settle in a bit more?

Either way, the key to the QB situation is not the QB's, it's the OL and Dillon staying healthy.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:42 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:And Darius Wade earned the starting spot.

I wouldn't go that far. The running-game opened up the passes in the flat, which then opened up the deep pass to the WR, which Wade badly overthrew.
Brown FINALLY ran the ball today but continued to be wildly inaccurate.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:10 pm

Daz has to win three of the last five games to return next season. 5-7 he is gone.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Daz has to win three of the last five games to return next season. 5-7 he is gone.

Wrong thread.
Also, you should be proud that Louisville is adding an additional 10,000 empty seats to their stadium.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:32 pm

The last time Boston College scored 45 points in a game was Sept. 12, 2015, when it dropped 76 on FCS Howard. The last time it did so against an FBS team was Nov. 9, 2013, against New Mexico State. The last time it did so against a not utterly terrible FBS team was Oct. 17, 2009, when it scored 52 against NC State.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... sults-2017
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Louisville took one of the more embarrassing losses in program history Saturday afternoon, falling at home to Boston College by a final score of 45-42.

https://www.cardchronicle.com/2017/10/1 ... lege-45-42
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:48 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:The last time Boston College scored 45 points in a game was Sept. 12, 2015, when it dropped 76 on FCS Howard. The last time it did so against an FBS team was Nov. 9, 2013, against New Mexico State. The last time it did so against a not utterly terrible FBS team was Oct. 17, 2009, when it scored 52 against NC State.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... sults-2017

First win against an Atlantic baby rapists since 2010. The biggest indictment against Daz has always been his lack of wins against decent ACC teams.

ACC Atlantic Last BC Wins
- FSU (2009)
- Clemson (2010)
- Syracuse (2014)
- NCST (2016)
- Wake (2016)
- Louisville (2017)

Thank god for Wake and NCST, the two most boring teams to play against, but thankfully (generally) beatable.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:54 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I wouldn't go that far. The running-game opened up the passes in the flat, which then opened up the deep pass to the WR, which Wade badly overthrew.

Wade didn't light it up, but he was efficient. He was very sharp on the roll-out play actions, and those completions moved the chains and, spread Louisville's D and made it a little easier for the run game.

And bottom line, BC scored 31 points on 6 Wade drives. For that alone, I think he gets the start next week.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Wade is the better QB ALWAYS had been and its never been close.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wade is the better QB ALWAYS had been and its never been close.

Last year too.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:23 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Wade didn't light it up, but he was efficient. He was very sharp on the roll-out play actions, and those completions moved the chains and, spread Louisville's D and made it a little easier for the run game.

And bottom line, BC scored 31 points on 6 Wade drives. For that alone, I think he gets the start next week.

As much as I hate a QB change Wade is probably a better option right now. I am judging this by the way he played today, may change my mind next week.. Obviously the way Dillon and the OL played today had a great deal with Wade's success. Wanted to see Brown succeed and I believe he is capable of being the QB of the future.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Lots of empty seats at the pizza stadium today. It's amazing how quickly their fans have jumped off the bandwagon.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:37 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Nobody should be disappointed by this win. There was a good chance Daz was going to come back next year even if we went 3-9.

Enjoy the win. Enjoy that we looked pretty damn good on the road against a tough team. Enjoy that we finally won a game against a Atlantic Top 3 Opponent. And enjoy the upcoming week, where there's actually some reason for enthusiasm. If Daz has learned that Dillon should be the #1 back and if the OL has actually taken a step forward, there could still be some fun ahead in 2017.

- UVa is still UVa, wins against Duke and Boise State notwithstanding.
- FSU does not look like FSU.
- NCST is bound to crash down to earth, and we get them after ND and Clemson. Great letdown opportunity.
- UConn is essentailly a bye week.
- Syracuse to seal an 8 win season!!!

:screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle

I don’t think Louisville is in the top 3 of the Atlantic... NC State has supplanted them this year.

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium