Louisville game day

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Louisville game day

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:56 pm

UL has a very inflated opinion of what their ceiling is. Their program is no better than BC, SU, Pitt, GT & UNC. Their ceiling might be VT level, but that's not going to happen in the Atlantic division. 7 out of 10 years the winner of the Atlantic will be either FSU or Clemson. The other 3 years will be split among the rest of the division.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:33 pm

don't break your arms patting yourselves on the back, louisville is not a good football team. It was good to win, but this isn't cuse beating the clemson
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:don't break your arms patting yourselves on the back, louisville is not a good football team. It was good to win, but this isn't cuse beating the clemson

I think most of us know that. But the rest of the teams on the schedule are crap too.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:35 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:don't break your arms patting yourselves on the back, louisville is not a good football team. It was good to win, but this isn't cuse beating the clemson

I think most of us know that. But the rest of the teams on the schedule are crap too.

Right now, NC St looks real tough to me.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:38 am

this is a program that is on the verge of the death penalty for countless violations by both big time programs, the scummiest pair of marquee coaches in college athletics but after their loss the headline: "A new low"

https://www.cardchronicle.com/2017/10/1 ... lege-45-42
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:42 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Darius Wade was fine. But he walked into a situation where all he had to do was handoff to AJ Dillon and throw a couple of play actions. I'm fine with whomever starts next week.

If Brown is not 100%, the I think you have to go Wade.

Otherwise, assuming both are healthy, I would give Brown the start but come up with some packages for Wade to run as well (maybe some zone read?). I think we need to keep developing Brown but I also want to win games now and maybe Wade can brings something else to the table. Going 100% to Wade probably would be deflating to Brown so we need to be careful here.

Ithink Daz will start Wade with the excuse that they want to give Brown's shoulder a rest, but he will pull that plug if necessary.

Good win and good that players finally have some fun to celebrate. But to keep it in perspective, that Louisville defense was terrible coming in to this game, and proved just how bad they are. Once the payoffs and hoes were curbed, I guess its easier for them to lose interest.

However, it does appear that once we made the necessitated change at center, the OL does look better. And no one should be surprised at Dillon's performance. Need to look up if this was the top rushing performance by a BC RB. I now Will Green had a moinster performance, just don't know whose is best.

Lastly, I hope this doesn't result in Daz conviction that running Dillon is all we need. Part of the success yesterday was that Louisville was sooo bad especially in their secondary, that a few successful pass plays was all it took to keep them off balance. We'll need that for sustained success against anyone.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:56 am

Wade cannot pass accurately from the pocket....he is a roll out QB at best. Those rollou :banana t passes he completed yesterday are the only way he might be effective. That said, that defense was an easy defense to abuse.

Again, I think Dazzler will use excuse that they think it best to rest Brown and let him recover as the reason to try Wade as starter, and to avoid any controversy at that position. Then if Wade miraculously looks real good, he can say he wants to go with the hot hand. Face it, thoughtful rational QB management is not something Daz has demonstrated...more spaghetti against the wall.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:16 am

If Brown is healthy he will play. And probably should at this point so he gets reps as he will be the QB moving forward.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:24 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:Wade cannot pass accurately from the pocket.

Ok but Brown can't pass accurately from anywhere ... so....
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:37 am

This game and why it is significant to me, whatever you want to take away from the Lville defense, is that this is the first time we saw any semblance of an identity offensively. And we went back to the old days of BC FB with our OL kicking the other team in the fucking teeth and running it down their throats and using our TEs on playaction.

More of this please or whatever they do just form an identity and stick with it.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:56 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:This game and why it is significant to me, whatever you want to take away from the Lville defense, is that this is the first time we saw any semblance of an identity offensively. And we went back to the old days of BC FB with our OL kicking the other team in the fucking teeth and running it down their throats and using our TEs on playaction.

More of this please or whatever they do just form an identity and stick with it.

I have been saying this ever since we tried to go to the running QB. BC has always excelled when we had a huge OL that wore teams down, decent RB and a pocket passer with TE targets. Its not gaudy, but I prefer to win with 5 blocks of granite then lose with anything else.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 am

Different era. I agree with kicking people in the teeth but teams that win have QBs that can run.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:11 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:This game and why it is significant to me, whatever you want to take away from the Lville defense, is that this is the first time we saw any semblance of an identity offensively. And we went back to the old days of BC FB with our OL kicking the other team in the fucking teeth and running it down their throats and using our TEs on playaction.

I have been saying this ever since we tried to go to the running QB. BC has always excelled when we had a huge OL that wore teams down, decent RB and a pocket passer with TE targets. Its not gaudy, but I prefer to win with 5 blocks of granite then lose with anything else.

IMO, what Daz should be doing and what was really innovative was the Tyler Murphy offense. Basically, run a ground game spread but with power blocking and enormous TEs playing WR. A mix of Stanford and Oregon. It is something unique. Something BC could recruit (big OL, good TEs, 1 running QB) and was a bitch to gameplan for. But the arrogant ass didn't want to admit that Day was on to something, so the next year he started the season running pro style with Troy Flutie and an offensive coordinator who wanted to run Leach's Air Raid.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 am

Brown looked pretty good running the ball. Neither Wade or Brown will win anything with their arms. BC needs to get yards out of their legs. Both can be very effective in the read option mixed in with short passes to the TE's. This will force the defense to defend both the QB and RB, instead of just loading up to stop the RB. They both suck as pocket passers, we need them to get us 50-75 yards on the ground.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Different era. I agree with kicking people in the teeth but teams that win have QBs that can run.

I think its out of fashion because running QBs mask mistakes. I like running QBs but prefer they are pass 1st. I also think it plays to what we can recruit.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

IMO, what Daz should be doing and what was really innovative was the Tyler Murphy offense. Basically, run a ground game spread but with power blocking and enormous TEs playing WR. A mix of Stanford and Oregon. It is something unique. Something BC could recruit (big OL, good TEs, 1 running QB) and was a bitch to gameplan for. But the arrogant ass didn't want to admit that Day was on to something, so the next year he started the season running pro style with Troy Flutie and an offensive coordinator who wanted to run Leach's Air Raid.

And we can recruit those guys. I think BC can recruit more big TEs that can catch as opposed to speedy WRs.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:43 pm

That 3 TE idiocy is not going to work (and hasn’t for 3 years) against a team that has any interest in defense or tackling. The only difference yesterday was BC found a team who had 0 interest in defense or tackling.

I hope I’m wrong, but there’s no evidence that the game plan yesterday was any different than the same stupid 3 TE nonsense BC has run all year. The difference was the opponent.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:That 3 TE idiocy is not going to work (and hasn’t for 3 years) against a team that has any interest in defense or tackling. The only difference yesterday was BC found a team who had 0 interest in defense or tackling.

I hope I’m wrong, but there’s no evidence that the game plan yesterday was any different than the same stupid 3 TE nonsense BC has run all year. The difference was the opponent.

True. Though it was nice to see some productive offense after 3 years of futility, it all has to be tempered by the fact that that was a terrible defensive team that easily and clearly lost interest,focus and disciple playing for a miserable coach and program. Gritty is certainly a word that those Louisville players are completely unfamiliar.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:37 am

Nothing like solving the 1920s offense by suggesting a 1970s offense replace it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:44 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:02 am

NO BARE FEET
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Image

Homer: I've figured out the boy's punishment: First, he's grounded. No leaving the house, not even for school. Second, no egg nog. In fact, no nog, period. And third, absolutely no stealing for three months.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium