Dazaster post-game press conference @ Clemson 9/24/17

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Dazaster post-game press conference @ Clemson 9/24/17

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:43 am

Apparently, Brown sustained an injury (not cramps) which is the reason Wade went in.
Also, Daz discusses what he thought went down on the 15 yard penalty toward the end.
Lots of discussion about injuries.

ENJOY!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Re: Dazaster post-game press conference @ Clemson 9/24/17

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:40 pm

I am so done with him.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:30 pm

He's "not blaming anybody or criticizing anybody" about what happened on his 15 yard penalty, like it wasn't his fault. Jarmond better have had a talk with this clown last night about his inability to control his behavior. It cost us field position, possible points, and just looks bad.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:42 pm

priceless body language
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:00 pm

My reaction:

Played their tales off; OK good. At least you didn't use the "turned the corner" line....34-7 coach.

However, you did get in the "youth" line when discussing still protecting your QB. And of course, the ever present injuries were a prime reason for this loss.

But coach, the "belly of the game" or the "storyline, as you say, was that this team is showing itself to be incapable of playing 60 mins, demonstrating again that the strategy of getting to the 4th quarter to win is a pipe dream.
When your offense is either ineffective and your defense is playing 35 mins or more, or worse, you, as a 5 TD underdog, get the ball in the opponents territory, and you don't even try going for the jugular, you have a serious problem beyond personnel. 7 point totals don't win games.
Maybe your whole "strategery" (sic) is at fault.

A word of advice coach....In year 5 of this show that is headed no where, you have NOTHING TO LOSE except your job.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:10 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:My reaction:

Played their tales off; OK good. At least you didn't use the "turned the corner" line....34-7 coach.

However, you did get in the "youth" line when discussing still protecting your QB. And of course, the ever present injuries were a prime reason for this loss.

But coach, the "belly of the game" or the "storyline, as you say, was that this team is showing itself to be incapable of playing 60 mins, demonstrating again that the strategy of getting to the 4th quarter to win is a pipe dream.
When your offense is either ineffective and your defense is playing 35 mins or more, or worse, you, as a 5 TD underdog, get the ball in the opponents territory, and you don't even try going for the jugular, you have a serious problem beyond personnel. 7 point totals don't win games.
Maybe your whole "strategery" (sic) is at fault.

A word of advice coach....In year 5 of this show that is headed no where, you have NOTHING TO LOSE except your job.

He deserves to lose his job. He deserved to lose his job last year IMHO. I doubt it will happen. BC is not likely to allow Jarmond to pull the trigger if it means writing TWO CHECKS to football head coaches (for the next 2.5 years.) I really wish the BOT would do that, really wish they would just kiss the $5 million dollars in Addazio's promised future salary good bye and move on, but I don't see that happening.

So whoever takes over, he's not going to be able to win with these recruits. So right off the bat, he'll need at least 3 years (probably 4) to get the team competitive in the ACC. That 3 or 4 year clock is not likely to start until 2020. On the bright side, I'd say there is a 0% chance that Addazio gets another contract extension.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:55 am

I know you guys want to kill Daz for everything he does. But, his handling of the media (and these pressers) is not a problem. To me, it shows over and over again exactly what Dazoo is... he's a salesman. Always have been and always will be. He gets up there and spins. Does a decent job of it. I wouldn't have a problem with it if BC's President wasn't so taken by it.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:12 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I know you guys want to kill Daz for everything he does. But, his handling of the media (and these pressers) is not a problem. To me, it shows over and over again exactly what Dazoo is... he's a salesman. Always have been and always will be. He gets up there and spins. Does a decent job of it. I wouldn't have a problem with it if BC's President wasn't so taken by it.

His salesmanship is on a par with the White House press secretary.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:55 pm

It's year 5 the team has zero depth especially on D. What's the point of running a hurry up offense if your D is spent after 3 quarters? They were out of gas in every 4th Q this year. Adjustment number one, drop the useless, defense draining no huddle offense.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:09 am

i love how he / loeffler thought by just running the pound hilliman into the line offense faster it would work better
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium