We're 3-1 according to Adazz, king of moral victories

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

We're 3-1 according to Adazz, king of moral victories

Postby tailgater94 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 pm

We played ND even except for when the gashed us for monster gains "only 7 times".

Today: ''We took this team, which was No. 2 in the country, late into the fourth quarter...That's the story line of the game"''

Tom Coughlin wouldn't wipe his ass with this vegetable lasagna of a coach.
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Re: We're 3-1 according to Adazz, king of moral victories

Postby Logitano on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:32 pm

"CMU came here to play their super bowl and were ready to rock 'n roll. It was amazing we hung with them as long as we did with all of the starters we have watching the game in street clothes. You know we are a young team with a lot of injuries. They have a qb that has played a lot of football. It makes a big difference." -The Heinz Hammer 09/30/17 :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Here's what is stupid about Dazoo... OK there is a lot of stupid about the Gym Teacher but, this is definitely one of them...

All 5 years, we keep hearing how Daziani wants to get the game into the 4th quarter. He preaches as if there is going to be some magical coaching transformation where we suddenly play to win. It's never happened. As far as I can tell, when we have successfully shortened the game, it has resulted in a blow-out or further clock bleeding to preserve a close loss. But, remember, Daz is a salesman at heart. He will close Leahy with pursed lips and a tickly stache.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:09 pm

tell the truth, do you want to do sex on fr leahy? you seem kinda obsessed with him doing other dudes; is that jealousy?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:34 am

First... I like to point out inconsistencies... like when someone doesn't abide by a vow of chastity yet requires a football program to make up for it by complying with a vow of poverty it didn't make.

Second... in catching up with the Clempsun thread, I realized that 30-min before my post here, Supahfan99 expressed the same thought in a much better way.
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Just to expand on my prior point on the stupidity of this gym teacher neanderthal we have as our head coach - "Mr Get It to the Fourth Quarter".

From last season to current results this year, we've played 12 games against P5 competition.

- BC has won the fourth quarter only TWICE in those 12 games (NC State and Wake last year)
- 112 to 39 is the cumulative points against to points for.
- So we average 3.3 points in the fourth quarter and give up an average of 9.3
- SIX of those 12 games the BC offense didn't score a goddamn point.

Again, I have to question this fucking MENSA member's plan if he wants to get it into the fourth quarter and yet has no evidence he can consistently win a fourth quarter here at BC. All the while he pisses away the chance to actually accumulate a lead in the first THREE quarters because well, that's just what Daz does.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:55 am

Let's walk down the palmetto -lined memory lane, shall we?

We fought hard and the guys left it all on the field. We took the No. 3 team in the country toe to toe, but we just did not finish. Clemson has a very good football team and they showed it today. I will never be happy with a loss, and I will not be happy today. [2013]

It was going to be a game where our defense was really going to have to really be strong. And we had to fight and get to the fourth quarter. That's what we did. We fought. We got it to the fourth quarter. [2014]

We played really hard and competed at a high level on the field .... Obviously, we want to walk away with a win and there is no justifying a loss but I do see improvement on both sides of the ball. [2015]

but aside from a couple big plays, we were playing hard, playing fast, and right in the middle of that game [2016]
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:08 am

I don't have a problem with shortening the game in theory. The problem is that Addazio wants to decide the game in the 4th quarter, but doesn't bring any new looks into the picture when he does. That sort of strategy requires some wrinkles in the playbook to work, but even after setting up some opportunities for surprises, we get the same shit. Obviously Clemson will figure it out.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:24 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:I don't have a problem with shortening the game in theory. The problem is that Addazio wants to decide the game in the 4th quarter, but doesn't bring any new looks into the picture when he does. That sort of strategy requires some wrinkles in the playbook to work, but even after setting up some opportunities for surprises, we get the same shit. Obviously Clemson will figure it out.

This
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:33 am

Another disappointing thing about Daz is that in 2014, BC played FSU close at Doak Campbell. In the postgame press conference, a reporter asked Daz if he was happy that they played FSU close. Daz's response was along the lines of "No. We came here to win, make no mistake about it."

Now the guy tosses out every excuse to see what will stick to the wall.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium