Who is a worse coach, Daz or Ben McAdoo

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Who is a worse coach, Daz or Ben McAdoo

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:55 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:At least Daz still has the locker room.

McAdoo was never going to be the Giants HC for very long. He was made HC to squeeze another Super Bowl out of Eli without having to implement a new system. This will just speed up the process of the Giants hiring a real HC.

and hopefully a real quarterback

fuck eli manning in his downy eye sockets

Let's explore a variation of Hansen's Dilemma (tm Tonto): you have to kiss either the weener or butthole of either Daz or Eli. your choice?

that's easy... hansen would kiss all four
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:17 pm

With all due respect to Ty and his cousin-in-law (Logi), the Gmen are a hot mess. I think this thread can officially award McAdoo the winner. It would've been a much closer battle if Reese was included in the competition.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/giant-stun ... 47837.html
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:With all due respect to Ty and his cousin-in-law (Logi), the Gmen are a hot mess. I think this thread can officially award McAdoo the winner. It would've been a much closer battle if Reese was included in the competition.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/giant-stun ... 47837.html

MetLife Stadium is pretty fun for a football game on a different note.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:21 pm

End the season and Giants fans misery. Enjoy Jax, Eli. Thanks for the 2 SB wins.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:51 pm

"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 am

the pope turned on the giants organization once they let obj run the place, throw that in with his love of eli for doing his weekly spot (the questions mike asks are softer than the one daz gets after a rocketship special) and you have the above
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:35 am

I guess I might understand it with a top prospect like manning replacing Warner. But you disrespect him to give a terrible Jets castoff a start? what's the logic there?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 am

Davis Webb will eventually get most of the reps after this week.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:34 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Davis Webb will eventually get most of the reps after this week.

The visceral reaction to all this is just everyone's frustration coming out. I mean, look, I'm not thrilled with the decision and feel it could have been handled in a much better way, but I think McAdoo is in over his head as it is. I understand gamesmanship, but you're 2-9, just tell everyone that you're starting Geno this week to give Webb more time with the first and second team offenses and then he will start the last four games.

I actually think Geno is probably better than most realize, but the Jets are a horrendous organization, Iraqi provincial government level horrendous, and probably killed his career before it really started.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:36 am

McAdoo and Reese are failures. Hard to believe that Mara signed off on this.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:37 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Davis Webb will eventually get most of the reps after this week.

Okay, well then I totally understand the move.

Look, Manning has never been more than mediocre, but I'd suggest having a replacement first.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 am

Mike is correct in his analysis as it relates to McAdoo and Reese making Eli a scapegoat for their incompetence. Mara allowing them to do that speaks directly to his leadership (or lack thereof). I would assume most Giants fans would be OK if they announced that they were sitting Eli because: (a) they need to see what they have in Webb, (b) don't want Eli to get hurt playing in a lost season with no WRs, running game or OLine and (c) best positions them to draft Josh Rosen.

On the other hand, given the outrage this decision has garnered, I wonder if Mara just baited McAdoo and Reese to make their failures complete so that no one would ever question their terminations.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:14 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Mike is correct in his analysis as it relates to McAdoo and Reese making Eli a scapegoat for their incompetence. Mara allowing them to do that speaks directly to his leadership (or lack thereof). I would assume most Giants fans would be OK if they announced that they were sitting Eli because: (a) they need to see what they have in Webb, (b) don't want Eli to get hurt playing in a lost season with no WRs, running game or OLine and (c) best positions them to draft Josh Rosen.

On the other hand, given the outrage this decision has garnered, I wonder if Mara just baited McAdoo and Reese to make their failures complete so that no one would ever question their terminations.

I'm not sure about the last sentence. I don't know a single Giants fan who needed any more of a reason to show McAdoo and Reese the door.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:23 am

Allegedly, Eli was asked to start, but then end up eventually giving way to one of the other QBs. He didn't want that at all, from what I heard on ESPNRadio.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:14 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:McAdoo and Reese are failures. Hard to believe that Mara signed off on this.

I do not know how you can call Jerry Reese a failure.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:54 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:McAdoo and Reese are failures. Hard to believe that Mara signed off on this.

His only two successes have been Landon Collins and Odell. Generally speaking his other draft picks have been unmitigated disasters (see Flowers, Ereck). Two years ago the defense was identified as a liability so he went out and fixed it, which he deserves credit for. Last year, the Offensive Line/ Run game was identified as a liability and he has done nothing.

He had very little to do with their two Super Bowl victories and yet receives a pass because of them. If he is retained after this year there will be riots.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:19 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

His only two successes have been Landon Collins and Odell. Generally speaking his other draft picks have been unmitigated disasters (see Flowers, Ereck). Two years ago the defense was identified as a liability so he went out and fixed it, which he deserves credit for. Last year, the Offensive Line/ Run game was identified as a liability and he has done nothing.

He had very little to do with their two Super Bowl victories and yet receives a pass because of them. If he is retained after this year there will be riots.

The idea that a GM has very little to do with a SB win that occurs 4 years into his tenure is absurd. Not to mention that he was director of player personnel and a scout before he was promoted. I suspect he had a little to do with the talent assembled for both SBs.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Jerry Reese was very good at identifying D Line talent and building a pass rush.

He couldn't draft a linebacker for shit
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:37 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Jerry Reese was very good at identifying D Line talent and building a pass rush.

He couldn't draft a linebacker for shit

The first sentence won both super bowls.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:39 pm

Yeah I know.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:46 am

McAdoo fired... but, don't worry Logi and Dick... Reese is still running the show.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:46 am

Unprecedented moves by the Giants. Need to get the next hires right though.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:09 pm

Whoops. Sorry Toughchester folks... Reese is also (finally) canned.
https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status ... 6030083073
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:15 pm

John DeFilippo is totally getting this job.
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017 ... place.html
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:28 pm

I could see Shaw, but why would Saban want to leave Alabama? Even Harbaugh makes more sense.

Haley is a good coach, I could see that hire.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Cowher has always been mentioned as replacement, but he's probably too old now. If I had to put money down, I'd say the job goes to Sean Payton. But, that is just a guess.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Cowher has always been mentioned as replacement, but he's probably too old now. If I had to put money down, I'd say the job goes to Sean Payton. But, that is just a guess.

Problem with Payton is that they could be playing longer than the Giants want to wait. Different for the head guy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Cowher has always been mentioned as replacement, but he's probably too old now. If I had to put money down, I'd say the job goes to Sean Payton. But, that is just a guess.

Problem with Payton is that they could be playing longer than the Giants want to wait. Different for the head guy.

So long as your HC isn't going to be your GM, there really isn't much of a concern with regard to timing. It's not like Payton would be out recruiting. It's not like free agents can sign before the Super Bowl. As long as you are just hiring a coach to coach, there isn't much to worry about timing.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

So long as your HC isn't going to be your GM, there really isn't much of a concern with regard to timing. It's not like Payton would be out recruiting. It's not like free agents can sign before the Super Bowl. As long as you are just hiring a coach to coach, there isn't much to worry about timing.

Unless it means you will miss out on Plan B if you wait to speak with Payton and he turns you down. While assistants certainly interview during a playoff run, I'm not sure a head coach like Payton would be willing to screw that up. I know he's from the Parcells school, and Parcells sort of did it (it didn't come to a head until after), but that was a rarity and Payton doesn't have the same animosity toward Benson that Parcells had toward Kraft.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:35 am

Mara told the Pope yesterday their focus is GM right now. That person will be able to weigh in on the next HC. They also want the GM in place with a long enough lead time up to the draft. Ernie Accorsi is consulting on the search. I think my preference right now would be Josh McDaniels.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium